Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Ngani Zho
Ngani Zho

VS

Gnost-Dural
Gnost-Dural

Rules

• Both in their prime (Ngani has all feats, but a prime body)
  • No prior knowledge, no prep time
  • Morals on, in character
  • Standard lightsaber set up
  • Fight to death, knockout or incapacitation

Who wins? Ngani Zho, the greatest duelist of his generation and teacher of half the Jedi Council, as well as Satele and Theron Shan, or Gnost-Dural, the Jedi's foremost expert on the Sith and their origins, and member of the strike team that took down The Ascendant Spear?

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gnost Dural.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of either of this guys...I'm interested.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JakeN7

Gnost-Dural because I'm a fan of Kel Dors and the Old Republic.

Only feats Gnost has though are defeating his own ex-apprentice Darth Karrid, an unnamed Sith, countless Sith Troopers, and an Imperial Battle Squad.

I don't know much about Ngani.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're both very behind-the-scenes TOR characters. Gnost-Dural spent most of his time studying the Sith, as well as their origins. He does have some very impressive dueling feats though. He defeats three Sith apprentices simultaneously right after being tortured for a prolonged period of time by Sith lightning, where he came within moments of blacking out entirely. After defeating them he goes on to defeat their leader, and his former apprentice, Darth Karrid, although she ultimately dies at the hands of Theron Shan :p

Ngani Zho was flat out stated as being the best duelist of his generation.. the generation just behind Satele Shan (as in, people who were old enough to be her parents). He personally trained half of the Jedi High Council in lightsaber combat, including Satele Shan, and also trained Theron Shan in the ways of the Jedi, and even though he wasn't a force sensitive, he became one of the best SIS agents in galactic history, and survived numerous brushes with Sith, and even killed two.

Ngani also has a couple of force feats, and Gnost-Dural doesn't have too many.

This battle is interesting to me because we don't have a great deal to work with, but what we can do is use reasonable assumptions to form our opinions, and go into further details about these characters. For instance, we can assume Ngani was a master of numerous lightsaber forms considering the amount of training he provided. We can assume Gnost-Dural is an extremely adaptable and versatile fighter being able to engage three Sith simultaneously after being injured to the point of near-KO, and being slowed down and wounded in general. And then also defeating his former apprentice who's training was completed by Darth Malgus himself (who decisively defeated Satele.. who was trained by Ngani...)

I think it's a close one with some decent discussion value.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:

They're both very behind-the-scenes TOR characters. Gnost-Dural spent most of his time studying the Sith, as well as their origins. He does have some very impressive dueling feats though. He defeats three Sith apprentices simultaneously right after being tortured for a prolonged period of time by Sith lightning, where he came within moments of blacking out entirely. After defeating them he goes on to defeat their leader, and his former apprentice, Darth Karrid, although she ultimately dies at the hands of Theron Shan :p

Ngani Zho was flat out stated as being the best duelist of his generation.. the generation just behind Satele Shan (as in, people who were old enough to be her parents). He personally trained half of the Jedi High Council in lightsaber combat, including Satele Shan, and also trained Theron Shan in the ways of the Jedi, and even though he wasn't a force sensitive, he became one of the best SIS agents in galactic history, and survived numerous brushes with Sith, and even killed two.

Ngani also has a couple of force feats, and Gnost-Dural doesn't have too many.

This battle is interesting to me because we don't have a great deal to work with, but what we can do is use reasonable assumptions to form our opinions, and go into further details about these characters. For instance, we can assume Ngani was a master of numerous lightsaber forms considering the amount of training he provided. We can assume Gnost-Dural is an extremely adaptable and versatile fighter being able to engage three Sith simultaneously after being injured to the point of near-KO, and being slowed down and wounded in general. And then also defeating his former apprentice who's training was completed by Darth Malgus himself (who decisively defeated Satele.. who was trained by Ngani...)

I think it's a close one with some decent discussion value.

Really? Must have missed that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: It's a great little book. Gnost and Theron are awesome in it.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: It's a great little book. Gnost and Theron are awesome in it.

I love both those characters! And it's written by Karpyshyn, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Yep. He's a solid writer IMO. Makes me look forward to reading Revan and the Bane trilogy.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JakeN7

@i_like_swords said:

@jaken7: Yep. He's a solid writer IMO. Makes me look forward to reading Revan.

He's honestly my favorite. He gets a lot of flak, but he's written my favorite things ever. KOTOR, Mass Effect 1, the 3 Mass Effect novels, the Darth Bane trilogy. What's not to love?

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know people are going to hate me but one of my favorite stat wars books ever besides Plagueis is Path of Destruction. If I had to choose a book to read over and over it would be that one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Nothing not to love there.

Anyway, what's your thoughts on the thread?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JakeN7

I know people are going to hate me but one of my favorite stat wars books ever besides Plagueis is Path of Destruction. If I had to choose a book to read over and over it would be that one.

Why would people hate you because of that? Bane trilogy is critically acclaimed. Also, I agree with you to a T. Plagueis is my favorite, followed by PoD.

@jaken7: Nothing not to love there.

Anyway, what's your thoughts on the thread?

It's pretty interesting, but my knowledge is limited here.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoenstly I only know about Gnost.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need more non-force sensitive Star Wars battles out there! Sheesh! A whole galaxy of stuff and it's always Jedi/Sith! Boo! Boo! XP

I kid, anywhoo....hmmm...no idea tbh, haven't really delved deep into Old Republic characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need more non-force sensitive Star Wars battles out there! Sheesh! A whole galaxy of stuff and it's always Jedi/Sith! Boo! Boo! XP

I tried to kick off a Theron Shan vs Han Solo thread, but then.. things just got out of hand to be honest.

Someone should be making battles with the Clone Squad from Karen Traviss' Republic Commando series. It looks dope.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer said:

I tried to kick off a Theron Shan vs Han Solo thread, but then.. things just got out of hand to be honest.

Someone should be making battles with the Clone Squad from Karen Traviss' Republic Commando series. It looks dope.

Well...gotta keep at it! Tried my luck, but didn't work too well...eh i'll prob post something later though if I feel.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JakeN7

@wolfrazer said:

Hehehehehe...
Hehehehehe...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@wolfrazer said:

Well...gotta keep at it! Tried my luck, but didn't work too well...eh i'll prob post something later though if I feel.

What about that Imperial Guard guy you made a respect thread for? Him against one of the Fetts could be interesting. Providing he can get through their armor.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: He'd be at a severe disadvantage considering their equipment, where he just has a vibrostaff/blaster. But i'll think of something.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gnost-Dural.