Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IndieComicsFTW
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So I get aggravated seeing fans always use New 52 DS with Pre 52 feats. Its annoying as they are two Slades from 2 different universes / versions. One is Pre Crisis and New 52, the other is new 52 where many characters history or even powers have changed! So lets even the field shall we? Put the shoe on the other foot per say.

• New 52 and Pre 52 Feats apply to Deathstroke.
  • Marvel and Ultimate Marvel feats apply to Captain America.
  • Slade has Nth Metal, Promethium Sword, and Blast Staff.
  • Ultimate Cap has Grenades, Marvel Now Armour, and Vibranium Shield.
  • Battle to the Death!
  • Random Battle.
  • Start 100 feet away in a jungle.

Who wins now?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ultimate Captain takes this

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think both can take this. Leaning towards Slade due to Nth metal.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this cap just have marvel now feats or all 616 feats?

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TheSuperHuman

Captain America!

MFrenzy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@jashro44 said:

Isn't Marvel Now just a continuation of his old continuity? Marvel NOW isn't a reboot like New 52. At least that was how it always seemed to me.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Isn't Marvel Now just a continuation of his old continuity? Marvel NOW isn't a reboot like New 52. At least that was how it always seemed to me.

I thought he was limiting him to just marvel now feats. All though yea its not a reboot.

@indiecomicsftw I'll give it some thought and come back to this.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: @granitesoldier: I edited it. i just did not want this bump in a year where cap is dead, and people be like "oh well currently he is dead, so Cap loses" or some BS lol.

You all seen it with Threads that never specify a Certain time point.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle to the death?

Slade. He has a significant advantage in a longer confrontation and should be about even in a shorter one.

While Cap's feat healing factor is extant, it's not as often brought up as Slade's. (Thus, Slade have an longer term advantage.)

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle to the death?

Slade. He has a significant advantage in a longer confrontation and should be about even in a shorter one.

While Cap's feat healing factor is extant, it's not as often brought up as Slade's. (Thus, Slade have an longer term advantage.)

Ultimate cap has a extensive stated Healing Factor in the Ultimate comics.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Deathstroke.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BoringPerson

@indiecomicsftw: Yeah, but it takes much longer for Cap than Slade, and he can't prioritize it like Slade can.

Hours for through and through gunshot wounds and a few days for a broken bone.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Cap win

616 Cap lose.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@cheesesticks said:

Ultimate Cap win

616 Cap lose.

This is both Caps combined like all those people who combine New 52 Slade with Pre 52.

Not individual fights. Like Ultimate Cap stats and skill combined with 616 Caps skill and feats.

@monsterstomp said:

@indiecomicsftw: You made this thread rooting for Cap anyway :)

Ultimate Cap is in it. He should solo by feats, but the Vine community never sees it that way lol. So I am surprise that combining the 2 versions returns the same results lol.

Oh well, I thought there be more debate be in this, but most people are stuck on the OP of Marvel Now Cap, or thinking I mean 2 different versions of Cap.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@monsterstomp: not two Slades on one Cap. Just with both feats combine lol.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/comic-vine-battle-of-the-week-results-deathstroke-/1100-146640/

Even the current writer said this!

And what does Justin Jordan, the latest DEATHSTROKE writer think of this?

"I think the edge here is probably going to have to go to Slade. I think Ult Cap is stronger, but Slade has loads more experience and is very, very smart. And I think old age and treachery is going to win, most of the time. Now having said that, it's going to depend on the fight. If it's just Slade versus Cap with no prep, Slade is probably going to have to cut and run."

LOL

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give Ultimate Cap a majority over DS (both incarnations) with 616 stalemating more often than not. I haven't seen anything that solidly puts DS over 616 Cap unless someone can bother to point anything out.

Going to need armor comparisons too, I've seen the scans of the Nth armor and it isn't particularly hot against anything that isn't blunt force, while I also don't know the true extent of CapAm's NOW armor or its ability to resist various types of damage.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: Yeah, writers are always the best debaters.

Pretty much, its up to them where they take the characters. Pretty good summary from the writer of Deathstroke ;)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MonsterStomp

@indiecomicsftw: He edged it to Slade and then said Cap wins. He clearly didn't read the rules (no prep) or has shown a deep understanding of each character. But of course, typical of you to agree, so long as the Ultimate guy wins right?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slades nth metal armor vs cap's shield... i go with the shield, this is a good battle but...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

i go with cap

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

F%ck France.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: new 52 doeant have enough issues ca7se it jsut started 2 years ago. So theres a lack of feats. Duh. So thats why people do new 52 and pre 52 feats allowed. Sorry if.that makes u blow the eff up

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slades nth metal armor vs cap's shield... i go with the shield, this is a good battle but...

No Caption Provided

i go with cap

No Caption Provided

Please be mindful of context in the future.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/comic-vine-battle-of-the-week-results-deathstroke-/1100-146640/

"I think the edge here is probably going to have to go to Slade. I think Ult Cap is stronger, but Slade has loads more experience and is very, very smart. And I think old age and treachery is going to win, most of the time. Now having said that, it's going to depend on the fight. If it's just Slade versus Cap with no prep, Slade is probably going to have to cut and run."

LOL

You know what else Justin Jordan has written? Luther Strode. Do you know who he said would win between new 52 Slade and Jack the Ripper? Do you know what his opinion is about how Luther and Slades physicals compare?

CV: And since we're talking about Slade -- how do you think he'd stack up against Jack (who is quite awesome, by the way)?

JJ: Jack would be fucked. Maybe not right away, because Jack is good, but Slade is very, very smart and is probably on a par with Luther and company in physical prowess. So eventually Slade would just put a bullet in Jack’s bandaged noggin from half a mile out.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-justin-jordan-discusses-luther-strode/1100-146639/

Read the underlined part specifically :). Slade is on par physically with Luther Strode himself, according to Jordans who's written both characters.

SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@donnergeist said:

No Caption Provided

i go with cap

No Caption Provided

Please be mindful of context in the future.

did it even matter, lasting 20 secs with the hulk is an incredible feat on its own. And what about the second pic?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wolverine008

@jashro44 said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

LOL

You know what else Justin Jordan has written? Luther Strode. Do you know who he said would win between new 52 Slade and Jack the Ripper? Do you know what his opinion is about how Luther and Slades physicals compare?

CV: And since we're talking about Slade -- how do you think he'd stack up against Jack (who is quite awesome, by the way)?

JJ: Jack would be fucked. Maybe not right away, because Jack is good, but Slade is very, very smart and is probably on a par with Luther and company in physical prowess. So eventually Slade would just put a bullet in Jack’s bandaged noggin from half a mile out.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-justin-jordan-discusses-luther-strode/1100-146639/

Read the underlined part specifically :). Slade is on par physically with Luther Strode himself, according to Jordans who's written both characters.

Loading Video...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jashro44

@donnergeist: It matters because people could get the wrong idea. As for lasting 20 seconds against hulk this is a different type of fight. Hulk is a unskilled brute, Slade is a tactical, intelligent skilled fighter.

Besides Slade has fought so many DC power houses in the past its pretty ridiculous (aquaman, green lantern, lex luthor in his war suit to name a few, and if you want to go even further he's fought wonder woman [the last example was terrible PIS admittedly). Thing is just as cap isn't fighting hulk, Slade isn't fighting aquaman, green lantern or lex luthor in his battle suit. Ultimate cap flooring hulk is a good showing of skill but it will be less helpful in a fight like this just as Slade fighting assorted power houses doesn't help him very much when he fights people like batman.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@jashro44 said:

YEEEEES!!!! YEEEEEEES F**K YEEEEEES!

Thanks Jashro, Thank You!!!!

I been saying this forever! Now I have the proof!

*wanks in corner with tears, praising Jashro's name* :)

Seriously though, I always said they were close to each other. I ALWAYS said that!

F**KING SWEET CHRISTMAS!!!!

As for the whole Jack vs DS. Jack is not as awesome as Ultimate Cap or Luther Strode IMO. Period. Jack only benefit against DS would be speed. Strength wise Jack may be stronger, but I doubt it as Luther overpowers Jack easy. Jack could not get through DS Nth Metal period. So yes, DS with his Nth Metal would likely win, even if out class in speed. Jack is inferior in strength, skill, and damage output to Strode.

So I agree with this very intelligent writer. Bet you did not think I would agree did ya? Did ya? Either way thnks for finding that.

SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@donnergeist: It matters because people could get the wrong idea. As for lasting 20 seconds against hulk this is a different type of fight. Hulk is a unskilled brute, Slade is a tactical, intelligent skilled fighter.

Besides Slade has fought so many DC power houses in the past its pretty ridiculous (aquaman, green lantern, lex luthor in his war suit to name a few, and if you want to go even further he's fought wonder woman [the last example was terrible PIS admittedly). Thing is just as cap isn't fighting hulk, Slade isn't fighting aquaman, green lantern or lex luthor in his battle suit. Ultimate cap flooring hulk is a good showing of skill but it will be less helpful in a fight like this just as Slade fighting assorted power houses doesn't help him very much when he fights people like batman.

S.T.F.U and let me state my opinion

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Seriously though, I always said they were close to each other. I ALWAYS said that!

As for the whole Jack vs DS. Jack is not as awesome as Ultimate Cap or Luther Strode IMO. Period. So I agree.

Bet you did not think I would agree did ya? Did ya?

So you believe that Slade is far far smarter than Luther and they are comparable in raw physical ability? He never said anything about skill...just physicals. You're always arguing things like Luther is a 10-20 tonner....Slade isn't any where near that level physically and apparently neither is Luther. He never said Slade and Luther are a close fight he just said there physicals are comparable...I remember when @nickzambuto said this you completely disagreed....

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

S.T.F.U and let me state my opinion

Nope. I will respond whenever you say something wrong.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

@jashro44 said:

As for the whole Jack vs DS. Jack is not as awesome as Ultimate Cap or Luther Strode IMO. Period. So I agree.

So you believe that Slade is far far smarter than Luther and they are comparable in raw physical ability? He never said anything about skill...just physicals. You're always arguing things like Luther is a 10-20 tonner....Slade isn't any where near that level physically and apparently neither is Luther. He never said Slade and Luther are a close fight he just said there physicals are comparable...I remember when @nickzambuto said this you completely disagreed....

Cadence is just so embarrassed he can't even remember his own opinions now :)

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@jashro44 said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

@jashro44 said:

Wow, so much epic fail on conclusion.

The writer said in his interview that Slade would win, I agree with that. I never said i agree with his comparing DS to Luther Strode.

You both failed to think with logic here :/

He said "Probably On Par" Nothing about being stronger for sure or even as strong. We do know Slade is more Durable due to Nth Metal in the tonnage range as well by feats.

Ult Cap is probably on par with Luther IMO, even though Cap is a 5 toner and Luther is 10-20 by feats. I would still use the words on par.

Try harder to discredit me Jash. >_>

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: But you've always denied that Deathstroke and Luther Strode are in the same league physically......................

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jashro44

@indiecomicsftw said:

The writer said in his interview that Slade would win, I agree with that. I never said i agree with his comparing DS to Luther Strode.

He said "On Par" Nothing about being stronger for sure or even as strong. We do know he is more Durable due to Nth Metal in the tonnage range as well by feats.

Ult Cap is on par with Luther IMO, even though Cap is a 5 toner and Luther is 10-20 by feats. I would still use the owrds on par.

On par (at least in the context Jordans was using it in) by definition means equality.

an equality in value or standing; a level of equality: The gains and the losses are on a par.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/par

I'm not trying to discredit you I am trying to show that writer statements need to be weighed like hand books really....If we go by writer statements than Deathstroke and Luther are equals physically. And considering Slade is honestly more skilled and apparently far far smarter....Then yea.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indiexomics do u not know what on par means?

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@jashro44 said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

He said "On Par" Nothing about being stronger for sure or even as strong. We do know he is more Durable due to Nth Metal in the tonnage range as well by feats.

Ult Cap is on par with Luther IMO, even though Cap is a 5 toner and Luther is 10-20 by feats. I would still use the owrds on par.

On par (at least in the context Jordans was using it in) by definition means equality.

an equality in value or standing; a level of equality: The gains and the losses are on a par.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/par

I'm not trying to discredit you I am trying to show that writer statements need to be weighed like hand books really....If we go by writer statements than Deathstroke and Luther are equals physically.

You miss my edits of what I thought already. He said Probaly On par. Probably. lets look at the definition of this.

Probably

prob·a·blyˈpräbəblē,ˈpräblē/adverb

1. 1.almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

So in a sense he never gave a straight answer if you really want to get technical :)

@demonknights said:

Indiexomics do u not know what on par means?

Your were too ignorant to read my post as well it seems :) He said probaly on Par.

that makes two people looking like the fool now for not reading what was wrote.

@wolverine08 said:

@indiecomicsftw: But you've always denied that Deathstroke and Luther Strode are in the same league physically......................

Slade is Durable wise superior due to Nth Metal.

• Luther is Stronger by 8 or so tons, but Slade is superhuman strong too.
  • Luther is Faster by a mach.
  • Slade is Smarter.
  • Luther has way better Regen, but Slade has good regen too.
  • Slade is more skilled, But Luther has good skill and precog.

So yes, they can be seen Probaly on Par. lol

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DemonKnights

Lol denial aint just a river