• 102 results
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Edited By papad1992

How epic of a fight if it were between the New Mutants and the Teen Titans!?!?! I mean both teams are junior versions of the bigger teams out there (the X-Men and the Justice League of America)!! Both teams both seem to feel the same way about the senior teams looking after them. And both have had team-mates "gradurate" to the senior teams. If there would ever be a crossover between the New Mutants and the Teen Titans, I think there rosters should be:

The New Mutants:

-Cannonball (leader)

-Moonstar (with her powers back)

-Magik

-Magma

-Wolfsbane

-Sunspot

-Cypher

-Warlock

The Teen Titans:

-Robin (leader) (Tim Drake)

-Starfire

-Cyborg

-Beast Boy

-Raven

-Kid Flash

-Miss Martian

-Wonder Girl

-Ravager

Between these rosters... I would have these characters go against each other....

Cannonball vs Starfire

Warlock vs Cyborg

Cypher vs Robin

Magik vs Raven

Karma vs Wonder Girl

Moonstar vs Ravager

Wolfsbane vs Beast Boy

Sunspot vs Kid Flash

Magma vs Miss Martian

And since I'm a HUGE New Mutants fan... naturally I would love for them to win the fight!!

(I switched around some characters: Sunspot, Cannonball, Magik, Moonstar, and Karma)

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I do not know the New Mutants that well so i would not be able to tell you

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Billy Batson

why off-topic?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

This is possible spite
Kid Flash could solo
Wonder Girl could solo
In some cases Raven could solo

and Robin vs Cypher??  wtf

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By HolySerpent
I agree with cattlebattle
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By papad1992
@cattlebattle said:

"Robin vs Cypher??  wtf "

Think about it... when Cypher got ressurected, his powers seemed different. He now can "read" combat moves and avoid attacks and hit with great accuracy!! He sees everything as language that he can read!! Read some issues with him in it... you'll be impressed.

@Billy Batson:

I wasn't on my usual computer yesterday... I probably placed it there by accident!!
xVikkix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xVikkix

Teen Titans would own em...smh

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By papad1992
@xVikkix:

I know u can't see it... but I'm giving u an evil eye right now!! XP
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Roddy010
@cattlebattle said:
" This is possible spiteKid Flash could soloWonder Girl could soloIn some cases Raven could soloand Robin vs Cypher??  wtf "
This and Raven CAN solo...
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_

Mismatch....

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Teen Titans ftw...
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Scarbearer

Yeah I think the New Mutants are out of there league here.  On top of just power level disparity, the Titans I think function better as a unit.  There's more than just a few of the New Mutants that are in the 'Woe is me! I never asked for these powers!" camp, and they feel kinda thrust into their situation.  Sure there's a couple of titans that have some regret over what they are, but for them, being a Hero is a much more conscious choice, so I think they are a little more disciplined for that.

PreyingMantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PreyingMantis
@cattlebattle said:
" This is possible spiteKid Flash could soloWonder Girl could soloIn some cases Raven could soloand Robin vs Cypher??  wtf "
nicknicholby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By nicknicholby

i actually think cypher at his current power levels could be quite the match for robin.  his language reading ability now allows him to "read" body language and anticipate all movement.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By papad1992
@nicknicholby:

Thank u... at least someone knows what I'm talking about!!!
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magma vs Starfire

Warlock vs Cyborg

Cypher vs Robin

Karma vs Raven

Sunspot vs Wonder Girl

Magik vs Ravager

Wolfsbane vs Beast Boy

Cannonball vs Kid Flash

Moonstar vs Miss Martian

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By papad1992
@Gremlin From Kremlin:

If the bold characters are the ones u think will win... than I say I agree with u to a point!!!
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mercy_
@papad1992: Is it separate match ups or a free-for-all?
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By papad1992
@The Dark Huntress:
Well originally I wanted it to be a free-for-all but then I thought about matching them up to see who would win against who!! But if it were a free-for-all...The New Mutants would win it but separately the Titans would gain more wins than the New Mutants.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mercy_
@papad1992 said:

" @The Dark Huntress: Well originally I wanted it to be a free-for-all but then I thought about matching them up to see who would win against who!! But if it were a free-for-all...The New Mutants would win it but separately the Titans would gain more wins than the New Mutants. "

Okay...yeah. If it were a free-for-all there are two or three members of the Titans who could possibly solo.

Magma vs Starfire

Warlock vs Cyborg

Cypher vs Robin (undecided)

Karma vs Raven

Sunspot vs Wonder Girl

Magik vs Ravager (depends on what level Magik is at, what abilities she has and if there's prep or equipment)

Wolfsbane vs Beast Boy

Cannonball vs Kid Flash

Moonstar vs Miss Martian

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By papad1992

@The Dark Huntress:

Ok... so now that I'm looking at it, I'm gonna switch two characters: I would switch Karma and Magik!! So that way Magik is against Raven and Karma is against Ravager!!

Mine would be....

Magma vs Starfire

Warlock vs Cyborg

Cypher vs Robin

Magik vs Raven

Sunspot vs Wonder Girl

Karma vs Ravager

Wolfsbane vs Beast Boy (undecided)

Cannonball vs Kid Flash

Moonstar vs Miss Martian    

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By charlieboy

Magma vs Starfire

Warlock vs Cyborg

Cypher vs Robin

Karma vs Raven

Sunspot vs Wonder Girl

Magik vs Ravager

Wolfsbane vs Beast Boy

Cannonball vs Kid Flash

Moonstar vs Miss Martian    

titans win the majority.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By papad1992
@charlieboy:
I think you're undermining the New Mutants....
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crackerjack82

Am i really the only one who thinks sunspot can beat wondergirl, sunspot is far from a joke, i know his biggest downside is he durability. And cannonball vs KF would be more a stalemate, i cannonball cannot be hurt in way while using his powers, so KF cant really do anything to him, but at the same time he cannot ever hit KF 

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By papad1992
@crackerjack82:
No... ur not the only one! But I think that Cannonball and Sunspot should switch!! Cannonball vs Wonder Girl and Sunspot vs Kid Flash!! That would propbably suit each character better since Cannonball is better with ariel attacks rather than ground. I can see looking up in the sky and watching Wonder Girl and Cannonball go at it!! So I'll switch those two!!
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the matchups are strategically messed up. The New Mutants have tactical training - Magma is not dumb enough to take on a flying opponent that can blast energy at near light speed velocity; she'd take on Cyborg. Magik wouldn't bother fighting some of the Titans - Magik could just teleport some Titans to Limbo and beat them by BFR or go to Limbo where she is Sorceress Supreme and in total control and just destroy them; I'd think she'd send Kid Flash, Starfire or Raven there. Cannonball keeps Starfire busy - his invulnerability, speed and tactical training would keep her off balance, while Moonstar takes out Raven with psychic illusions - even better if she makes these illusions of Ravens' worst fears. Karma takes control of Wonder Girl and uses her to level most of the team, while Sunpsot, Wolfsbane and Cypher mop up the weaker members. Warlock infects Beast Boy and/or Miss Martian. If Karma can't hold Wonder Girl for long, Sunspot can take her out, leaving Xi'an open to possess another member, and use them to backstab their teammates during the battle.

I think the issue with "matchups" is that the New Mutants have two leaders on their team who have the capability to exploit the strategic weaknesses of the Titans, while their lineup has three wildcards, Magik, Karma and Warlock, that could take out the more powerful members. Magma could also kill some of the mid-tier Titans with high-level seismic explosions, lava flows and earthquakes.

The Titans have the advantage, but I don't think the New Mutants will let themselves get taken out that easily. 

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By papad1992
@PhoenixoftheTides:
Uhh. First of alldon't call Magma dumb, she's one of the coolest mutants who has the upper hand against most heroes! And second of all, Magik is not the Sorcerer Supreme... she's was jsut the ruler of Limbo at one point!! But I do agree with you on some points you've made!! Like Karma possessing Wonder Girl and using her to wipe out the rest of the team!! But maybe Cannonball vs Starfire would be a better match up!!
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@cattlebattle:
Something tells me you dont know Cypher very well.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By charlieboy
@papad1992:
no, i am not. i have read new mutants since i was a little kid. some of the titans are just too powerful for them. i gave it to the ones who would actually win.
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By papad1992
@Edgeworth_11:
Why do u say that!?!?!
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By papad1992

@charlieboy:
Well after some discussing with other users... I switched the order of who would fight who... hers the current:

Cannonball vs Starfire

Warlock vs Cyborg

Cypher vs Robin

Magik vs Raven

Karma vs Wonder Girl

Moonstar vs Ravager

Wolfsbane vs Beast Boy

Sunspot vs Kid Flash

Magma vs Miss Martian    

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992:    I didn't call Magma dumb - I said she is not dumb enough to get lured into battle with a flying opponent who can move and blast at almost light speed. Many of Amara's powers emerge from the ground and have to deal with magma, earthquake and lava flows...why would you match her up against someone who flies? Sure she has the ability to defend herself from flying opponents as she did against Tarot in an issue of the original run of The New Mutants, but she is strongest on the ground. Also, I already suggested that Cannonball would take on Starfire to keep her busy - 4th sentence of my post.

And Magik is the Sorceress Supreme of Limbo - this is from the Marvel Wiki. Not the best source, but all I have access to at this point:  " Magik is the sorceress supreme of her Limbo dimension. The extent of her powers there are all powerful and powerful demons of Limbo did not dare challenge her." This is from the ComicVine character page: "A fter Illyana bested Belasco in battle, she chose to exile him from the Limbo, allowing him to live rather than kill him. As the winner, Illyana, was granted the title of Sorceress Supreme of Limbo. The full extents of her powers have not yet been fully defined. It have been stated that in Limbo, Illyana's power is unmatched and her word is law. With but a single thought she can completely alter the physical appearance of Limbo. As stated previously, she too, potentially, could cast all spells that Belasco could have. This especially since she has unlimited access to Balesco's sorceress knowledge. For this reason and more Illyana is most powerful during her time in Limbo. ”   

I've read the entire run of the original "New Mutants", owned every annual, issue and mini-series, so I know their history quite well.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By papad1992

@PhoenixoftheTides:

Whoa.... didn't mean for u to go off on a rant!! Man, ur quoting from ur previous post like we're in court!! I took in your consideration for Cannonball vs Starfrie and changed my blog (I'm trying to make the best match ups) and I didn't say that Magma is best match uped with Starfire (as stated in my post last sentence). But when u said Sorcerer Supreme, I immediately thought of Dr. Strange and how that title is currently inhabbited by Dr Voodoo. I know the history of Magik, so u don't have to lecture me about Belasco and the Quest for Magik, etc. I already know this. Why do u think I would make a blog about the New Mutants and Teen Titans if I already didn't know much about them??

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By charlieboy

Cannonball vs Starfire -stalemate.

Warlock vs Cyborg

Cypher vs Robin

Magik vs Raven

Karma vs Wonder Girl-could go either way. karma possess her or wonder girl speedblitzs karma.

Moonstar vs Ravager

Wolfsbane vs Beast Boy

Sunspot vs Kid Flash

Magma vs Miss Martian - i know fire bothers martians. but ms, m has superspeed and telepathy.

the new mutants do a little better in this round.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992: Not a rant - you were misquoting parts of my post, so I followed up on them and pointed out the sections where I thought you made a mistake or read too quickly to comprehend them. For example, you ignored the qualifier I used (ie "Magik is Sorceress Supreme in Limbo") and had assumed I was referring to the holder of that tittle on Earth/616 core reality. You know how it is in these battle threads: I had to provide quotes or references to back up my claims if someone questions them. 

And I'm a paralegal, so sorry if it looks like a rant :) I was really just referring to facts and trying to keep my response as organized as possible with formatting to make it clear what I meant so we'd be on the same page :) 
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By papad1992

@PhoenixoftheTides:

Ok, ok.... I don't want to be sued.... XP

And this isn't on a battle thread... it's just my blog!!

@charlieboy:
I like ur choices here!! But Sunspot vs Kid Flash... I'm a little iffy about who would win. And no one is arguing about the match between Wolfsbane vs Beast Boy. I know Beast Boy can turn into any animal but Wolfsbane is more ruthless and vicious!!!

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By crackerjack82
@charlieboy:

how does Robin the boy blunder, beat Cypher, how come on now, everything blunder boy wants to do will be telegraphed to cypher before he does it
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By papad1992
@crackerjack82 said:
" @charlieboy: how does Robin the boy blunder, beat Cypher, how come on now, everything blunder boy wants to do will be telegraphed to cypher before he does it "

I agree... Cypher would be all over his *** before he can reach his stupid batarang!!!!
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By charlieboy
@crackerjack82:
cypher still has to have the reaction time to avoid robin. cypher isn't exactly cassandra cain. not to mention robin's equipment and the fact that robin is not a moron. he has fought people with that kind of ability before.
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By papad1992
@charlieboy:

All that in consideration.... Cypher still prevails!!
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By charlieboy
@papad1992:
not so much. robin can just drop a gas pellet to obscure cypher's vision. he has to see to read body language. robin can drop him fairly easily.
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By papad1992
@charlieboy:

I'm still sticking with Cypher!! When he returned... he took out all of his team-mates!! That's an ncredible feat from a guy that has no physical superhuman enhances!!
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By charlieboy
@papad1992:
and robin is an excellent fighter without being enhanced by a mutant power.
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By papad1992
@charlieboy:
KUDOS to him... but I'm still stickin' with Cypher, charlieboy!!!
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By crackerjack82
@papad1992 said:
" @charlieboy: KUDOS to him... but I'm still stickin' with Cypher, charlieboy!!! "
@charlieboy said:
" @papad1992: not so much. robin can just drop a gas pellet to obscure cypher's vision. he has to see to read body language. robin can drop him fairly easily. "
Cypher still wins, he would see what robin is goin to do BEFORE he does it, he reaches for a gas pellet, cypher already stops that before robins, tiny fingers touch it
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By charlieboy
@crackerjack82:
no i am not buying that. it depends on the distance and he would have to be faster than robin. and robin could also use his cape to block the movements. they have made cypher cooler. but he does not have enough feats yet. i still think robin could take him.
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By crackerjack82
@charlieboy:

Ok i will give you that, distance makes a huge factor,and they did just take cypher out of comic book limbo. Robin has never gone into limbo, and has feats he should not be able to have, as he is just human, and the human body can only do so much, but still robin has a ton more feats.  On paper, this fight is scaled 70% to cypher, but in the fight itself, robin could win it, i dont think he can, but you do.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By charlieboy
@crackerjack82:
well robin has the advantage of training, experience, and incredibly keen mind without being amped by a mutant power, and his equipment. the only thing cyper has going for him is his power. which is impressive. but i don't think it automatically gives him the win. and like i said earlier robin has encountered people with similar abilities before.
intothetempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By intothetempest
@Roddy010: Woa woa woa. Raven can beat Magik? Magik, the girl who posses a sword specifically designed to kill souls. Raven who has a soul self. Say whaaatt?
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Roddy010
@intothetempest said:
" @Roddy010: Woa woa woa. Raven can beat Magik? Magik, the girl who posses a sword specifically designed to kill souls. Raven who has a soul self. Say whaaatt? "
Umm outside of Limbo, Raven would wreck Magik...Lets not forget that Raven is an empath of the highest order...She can make Magik feel the pain and agony of everyone on earth with just a meer thought....
Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aero_gt

I'm going with the titans. KF is too fast for them and while they try to focus on another target he'd just interupt them or ko them like nobody's buisness. Raven can mess with their emotions. Miss Martian can mind read and tell the enemie's plans and she can knock out any of them with a punch, same with Wondergirl and Starfire. Robin's Leadership is more expierienced and  he can sneak attack others plus his gadgets own. Beast boy can shapeshift to numerous beasts and animals, a petty wolfsbane is no match for that. Ravenger does have her Precognition and is a skilled hand to hand/blade to blade fighter, but she can go down and it really won't mean much since the titans will have the advantage still. Cyborg  eh...