#1 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this isn't the battles forum but hey, it's about the X-Men, so why not.

VS

Who do you think will win? I'll post my opinion later.
Post Edited:2007-12-20 23:09:58
Post Edited:2007-12-20 23:10:24

#2 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Elemental says:

"I know this isn't the battles forum but hey, it's about the X-Men, so why not. VS Who do you think will win? I'll post my opinion later.
Post Edited:2007-12-20 23:09:58
Post Edited:2007-12-20 23:10:24"

the new x-men have x-23, they win

p.s. i wish i had her,then i would win

#3 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

New X-Men have Mercury, who is the cooliest and hottiest

#4 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"New X-Men have Mercury, who is the cooliest and hottiest"

yeah she is,but in my opiain X-23 is hotter

#5 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

fear monger says:

"chameleone says:

yeah she is,but in my opiain X-23 is hotter"

any woman who can change her shape goes up in my book. She was what made me interested in New X-Men

#6 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"fear monger says:
"chameleone says:
yeah she is,but in my opiain X-23 is hotter"
any woman who can change her shape goes up in my book. She was what made me interested in New X-Men"

she is kinky, i like that in a girl,and those green eyes
Post Edited:2007-12-21 03:13:43

#7 Posted by Cannonball (11 posts) - - Show Bio

The new mutants. Cannonball is invulnerable and can swipe out the new x-men. Go new mutants!

#8 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the New X-Men and the New Mutants both but even though the New X-Men have more power, the New Mutants are better with their powers and have a tad bit more experience in fighting other mutants. I like Nori but the New Mutants have a leader that has issues but can keep her cool. I'll just have to go with the New Mutants.

#9 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry about the messed up pic. Here's a new one.

Oh and here are other one's I like.

#10 Posted by Lightning Omega (249 posts) - - Show Bio

new x-men:

hellion

elixir

x-23

surge

all emmence.

#11 Posted by Frisco (285 posts) - - Show Bio

New X-Men. Dust, Surge, Mercury, and Hellion could rock this.

#12 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

the new mutants win hands down. sunspot and magma beat the crap out of rockslide. magik stomps out pixie. warlock gives the remaining members the techno-organic virus, causing elixir to have to cure them. he passes out. cannonball takes out surge. then warlock gives them all the t-o virus again. wolvesbane beats up anole. cannonball, magma, and sunspot jump hellion, leaving mercury and dust to be taken care of by magik. the new mutants walk away with minor bumps and bruises.

#13 Posted by Lightning Omega (249 posts) - - Show Bio

no way.... new x-men all the way. Dust could carve the flesh of the new mutants bones, Hellion could create a telekinetic buble inside Cannonball's head, X-23 would just own everyone, Mercury could engulf the rest and surge coudl electrocute them, Elixir could just automatically kill anyone else with his death touch thingy who was alive, and the Stepford Cuckoo's (allthough not offically new x-men) could shut off the remainder's brains. Rockslide coudl just self destruct and beat the remaining.

#14 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

If you are going by the New X-men team that is on that cover, they're screwed. They don't have one telepath in the bunch. Dani scares the leaving beejezus out them. The ones she doesn't scare, Karma controls. All covered except Dust, and Magma melts her.

#15 Posted by Lightning Omega (249 posts) - - Show Bio

what all you new mutant supporters forget is the following:

woudln't Prodigy know all of the new mutants's weaknesses, as he absorbed the x-men's knowledge?

furthermore allthough Cannonball is invunerable he has been shown to be stopped: during the New X-men "Nimrod" Story Arc, Stryker damaged his shield and Sam was then shot at point blank range rendering him in a hostpital bed.....

As Pania stated "Magma woudl melt Dust": not true: Dust took down Exodus!!! Moreover she would rip the flesh off Magma's bones before she had the chance.

Dani may confuse the rest of the team but Pixie coudl use her Pixie dust. Hellion could easily defeat all of them with his high level tk. Again X-23 woudl take down rockslide, whilst Mercury and Surge could do an electrocuting doubel attack on the rest.

As shown in the "Quest for Magic Arc" Rockslide can pscionically alter his physiology: he coudl effectively becoem the size of a mountain or he coudl self destruct.

Admittedly Anole and Pixie woudl be fairly weak but the rest over compensate: lets not forget the Omega Poetental Elixir nor the high Alpha Level power of Hellion.

New X-men would win.

#17 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

New X-men.

#18 Posted by lasher262 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

X MEN!!!!!!!

#19 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#20 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning Omega says:

"what all you new mutant supporters forget is the following:woudln't Prodigy know all of the new mutants's weaknesses, as he absorbed the x-men's knowledge?

Yeah, but how is that going to help him when Karma takes him over?

furthermore allthough Cannonball is invunerable he has been shown to be stopped: during the New X-men "Nimrod" Story Arc, Stryker damaged his shield and Sam was then shot at point blank range rendering him in a hostpital bed.....

Will the New X-Men be armed with Purifiers artillery? Doesn't seem like a fair fight does it?

As Pania stated "Magma woudl melt Dust": not true: Dust took down Exodus!!! Moreover she would rip the flesh off Magma's bones before she had the chance.

Exodus is a high class telekinetic, he does not control the geology (like rocks and sand) with the ability to raise it's temperature to the melting point.

Dani may confuse the rest of the team but Pixie coudl use her Pixie dust.

Pixie does not have never the inexperience that Illyana does, who was raised in Limbo for ten years as Belasco's student.

Hellion could easily defeat all of them with his high level tk.

While he is running and screaming from Dani or under Karma's control?

Again X-23 woudl take down rockslide, whilst Mercury and Surge could do an electrocuting doubel attack on the rest.

How would she electocute Sam and Illyana, one with flight capabilities, the other a teleporter?

As shown in the "Quest for Magic Arc" Rockslide can pscionically alter his physiology: he coudl effectively becoem the size of a mountain or he coudl self destruct.

He could, but has he yet? And like Surge, you can't hit, what you can't touch.

Admittedly Anole and Pixie woudl be fairly weak but the rest over compensate: lets not forget the Omega Poetental Elixir

Who has to make physical contract to do anything.

nor the high Alpha Level power of Hellion.

Who has no telepathic defenses.

With out a telepath to shield them, these guys are extremely vulnerable.
Post Edited:2008-02-24 14:55:01

#21 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, Illyana would seriously wipe the floor with Pixie. There is absolutely nothing Pixie can do to do Illyana some serious damage. Dani and Xian can throw all of them for a loop, Dani easily putting them in a world of hurt and terror and Xian controlling them like puppets.

And this Mercury-Surge tag-team thing would not work out well at all. Cessily would be sacrifing herself, putting her life on the line, just to maybe render the classic junior X-Men unconscious. SHe can't just throw liquid mercury at them.

Hellion truly lacks sheer control over his powers. He said so himself that anything smaller than a refrigerator he destroys. When was the last time you seen him levitate something small or human-sized.

Warlock is virtually immune to Sooraya's power and can fight on equal terms with her or Cessily, though Illyana is helpless against those too. Unless she teleports them to some distant location.

I love Santo and all but he is pretty stupid. Sam can beat the stuffing out of him and is pretty much invulnerable to anything Santo does as long as Sam has his blast field on. Anole is pretty weak, Rahne easily sniffing him out or Roberto being more than capable of punching his lights out. He only stands a chance because of his freakish super arm. And that won't get him that far.

The big threats to the New Mutants are Laura, Josh, David and Nori. But Magma is basically the powerhouse of the team, easily separating the New Mutants with chaotic volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. She can pretty much hold her own against little miss ball of electric fury.

Why Julian isn't on the list is that he has little to no control over his abilities, besides flying, blowing up stuff, shooting TK blasts or chunking huge objects. He can barely concentrate his telekinetic power into a shield. They say it's the little stuff that counts. Doug Ramsey does absolutely nothing except for some lucky shots unless he merges with Warlock.

Laura, Josh and David are very dangerous and should be target #1, the highest priority. For the New Mutants to win, Magma needs to scatter them all in one precise but explosive blow. I don't know what Laura's deal is with psychics but Emma effortlessly gave her nightmarish visions no trouble. Xian and Dani are essential keys in taking them down. I'm a little worried about Josh, the loose cannon. He is a pacifist one moment and the evil plague of death another. He could totally surprise the New Mutants.

The New Mutants were more organized and trained than the New X-Men are but the New X-Men pack a lot more power and strength, though it's the little stuff that counts. It's up in the air for me though. It depends on the situation and if the teams are ready.

#22 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

One can argue and prove that either team is capable of winning the fight; whilst the New X-men are possibly more powerful, the skill of the New Mutant's is much greater. Either team could win.

#23 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

One can argue and prove that either team is capable of winning the fight; whilst the New X-men are possibly more powerful, the skill of the New Mutant's is much greater. Either team could win.

#24 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"Lightning Omega says:
"what all you new mutant supporters forget is the following: woudln't Prodigy know all of the new mutants's weaknesses, as he absorbed the x-men's knowledge?
Yeah, but how is that going to help him when Karma takes him over?
Will the New X-Men be armed with Purifiers artillery? Doesn't seem like a fair fight does it?
Exodus is a high class telekinetic, he does not control the geology (like rocks and sand) with the ability to raise it's temperature to the melting point.
Dani may confuse the rest of the team but Pixie coudl use her Pixie dust.
Pixie does not have never the inexperience that Illyana does, who was raised in Limbo for ten years as Belasco's student.
Hellion could easily defeat all of them with his high level tk.
While he is running and screaming from Dani or under Karma's control?
Again X-23 woudl take down rockslide, whilst Mercury and Surge could do an electrocuting doubel attack on the rest.
How would she electocute Sam and Illyana, one with flight capabilities, the other a teleporter?
He could, but has he yet? And like Surge, you can't hit, what you can't touch.
Admittedly Anole and Pixie woudl be fairly weak but the rest over compensate: lets not forget the Omega Poetental Elixir
Who has to make physical contract to do anything.
nor the high Alpha Level power of Hellion.
Who has no telepathic defenses. With out a telepath to shield them, these guys are extremely vulnerable.
Post Edited:2008-02-24 14:55:01"

Nice points but as for right now, Elixir needs physical contact. But the New X-Men are extremely vulnerable to psychics. Like I said, Laura is very dangerous. Plus you can't melt sand. If sand becomes hot enough it becomes glass. So, Sooraya better stay far away from Magma. Plus, how you gonna rip the flesh off the bones of a walking, talking girl of lava. Plus, Dust only took down Exodus because Emma Frost was distracting him to not notice that he had been breathing Dust in for the past couple of minutes. That whole Purifer thing is bullcrap, not even relevant.

I agree with Pania.

#25 Edited by BlackestShite (238 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 she's interesting but her power is meh

Illyana you have a girl near the level of Classic Dr Strange

New Mutants have Warlock (Phalanx) who can basically do anything, be totally deus ex machina and went a few rounds with Impossible Man

Beat that

#26 Posted by Power NeXus (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

UNNESSARY THREAD RESURECTION

#27 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

@Power NeXus said:

UNNESSARY THREAD RESURECTION

What do you think?