• Air Walker
  • Morg
  • Star Dust
  • Alpha Ray
  • Terrax
#2 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

FIRST

#3 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn: Is this Well Of Mimr Morg?

#4 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: i'm not sure but this Morg, the Executioner

#5 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#6 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn said:

@jeanroygrant: i'm not sure but this Morg, the Executioner

Heralds got this.

#7 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember the power cosmic

#8 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

Comes down between Infinity Man and SS

#9 Posted by HolySerpent (12805 posts) - - Show Bio

Metro is not even a fighter

#10 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

Team one

#11 Posted by SirMethos (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

His name is Metron, not Metro.

And Heralds have this fairly easily.

#12 Posted by ThanoStomp (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

Agree. I need to know more about Infinity Man..... Also, if this is amped Morg, then I would go with Team 2 for sure.

#13 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3377 posts) - - Show Bio

Heralds

#14 Posted by Masterr (194 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Metron. I don't think he even has battle feats does he?

#15 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5661 posts) - - Show Bio
@SirMethos

His name is Metron, not Metro.

And Heralds have this fairly easily.

This
#16 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

Powers Cosmic

#17 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4789 posts) - - Show Bio

heralds, hands down. think surfer and orion battle would be epic, but surfer edges him out in speed, durability, energy manipulation and simply raw power. morg and steppenwolf? both nasty, but morg easily overpowers him. metron may be able to defeat air-walker due to intelligence, metron probably figures it out in a way that physicality doesn't play a part.I'm not too familiar w/ infinity man, so not sure how a matchup w/ firelord would go......

#18 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: yes but he knows 99.9% facts about the universe so this means he could know how to destroys or disrupted the power cosmic

#19 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

GUYS DON'T FORGET THE ONE HOUR PREP, METRONS KNOWLEDGE AND NEW GOD RESOURCES, MAY PLAY A BIG RULE AGAINST THE HERALDS

#20 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Takion not being considered? He's Highfather's replacement and capable of taking on Flash, Green Lantern, and Captain Atom simultaneously.

#21 Posted by cliffrice (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn said:

GUYS DON'T FORGET THE ONE HOUR PREP, METRONS KNOWLEDGE AND NEW GOD RESOURCES, MAY PLAY A BIG RULE AGAINST THE HERALDS

This is a good point. Stephinwolf is kinda a wimp though and metron has no battle feats. Infinity man and orion are kinda sick though. Curent surfer and WOL Morg are super beasts though. im gonna say fifty fifty.

#22 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

@cliffrice: Steppenwolf's performance against the Flash wasn't exactly "wimpy."

#23 Posted by Kinasin_ (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Black said:

Team 1

#24 Posted by tensor (5095 posts) - - Show Bio

The new gods

#25 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5661 posts) - - Show Bio

Heralds

#26 Posted by cliffrice (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@cliffrice: Steppenwolf's performance against the Flash wasn't exactly "wimpy."

Maybe not but most of his other performances he is quite the jobber.

#27 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

Yep.

I think IM can take that battle.

New Gods definitely win.

Why is Takion not being considered? He's Highfather's replacement and capable of taking on Flash, Green Lantern, and Captain Atom simultaneously.

I was thinking this as well.

#28 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

@cliffrice: He's jobbed to Superman in the Austen run. I can't think of any other notable Post-Crisis appearances he's had.

#29 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995: Orion oneshotted Superman. Infinity-Man was on the ropes due to Superman's speed advantage, but then he had him helpless in an energy construct. Takion is so far above Superman it's not even funny.

#30 Posted by terry2012 (5911 posts) - - Show Bio

Team one

#31 Posted by fangirl101 (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Takion when he didn't have High Father's staff, was more powerful than 3 heralds at least. With HF's staff, he's probably twice as powerful as before. Adding in the Infinity Man is too much for the Heralds. 

#32 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Metro is not even a fighter
#33 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

New Gods stomp with absolute ease.

Takion took out Captain Atom, Wally, and Kyle easily, and Infinity Man took out Takion pretty easily, so the Heralds stand no chance whatsoever.

I'm serious. Super duper mega stomp.

#34 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

Heralds.

#35 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE GREAT POWER COSMIC

#36 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I talking to myself here? How is Steppenwolf a jobber? Why is Takion being considered a non-factor? Why are people picking the Heralds?

#37 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I talking to myself here? How is Steppenwolf a jobber? Why is Takion being considered a non-factor? Why are people picking the Heralds?

I really don't know.

I'm serious, this is a stomp for the New Gods.

#38 Posted by stu (378 posts) - - Show Bio

herald!

#39 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

@stu: Is a reason too much to ask for?

#40 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn said:

more

More?

Alright. New Gods stomp like there's no tomorrow. Stompity, stomp, stomp.

#41 Posted by Freefa11 (2423 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I don't think Takion was in the list before the OP was edited the first time, so that at least explains why he isn't mentioned on the first page. He is definitely a big factor though. I'd have to re-check his fights before saying whether or not the Surfer is likely to beat him (and given Takion's versatility, Surfer is really the best option to counter him).

Steppenwolf probably isn't being discussed because outside of that appearance in Flash, which most New Gods fans aren't too likely to have read, I don't think he's done anything very impressive. He has always come across to me as being more on the level of the Furies or Kanto, which is a big step down from guys like Orion and Superman. I honestly can't even think of any serious fights he's been in besides the one with Bart (where he was impressive) and a relatively recent one in Action Comics (where Superman made him look like a complete joke).

#42 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

With Prep from Metron i'm pretty sure they can take it. Takion was at one point HighFather of New Genesis...and Orion is a beast so, my money's on the New Gods

#43 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

i forgot how cool this battle is

#45 Posted by Dextersinister (6502 posts) - - Show Bio

The New Gods will destroy the Heralds, some of them are nothing more than hard hitting distractions like Barda and Kalibak but you have beasts like Infinity Man, Metron, Takion and Orion.

Didn't even mention Mantis an energy and power vampire with the base strength of Superman who has absorbed green lantern rings and the power of Martian Manhunter against Heralds who depend on the notoriously easy to steal power cosmic.

#46 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

Metron and Barda greatly hinder team 1's chances. Takion and Infinity Man are skyfather level though so i dont know what response the heralds have for them.

#47 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

power cosmic vs the source

#48 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna go with the NGs. I don't know why everyone is hating so hard on Metron. Him and that Mobius chair are going to be a beast with prep. Metron might possibly be the smartest dude in the DCU. He's the guy Darkseid goes to when he can't figure something out. Orion has handled Superman and killed Darkseid (several times) before. The Infinity Man has gone toe to toe with the full embodiment of the Anti-Life equation and is single handedly responsible for slaughtering nearly the entire populations of New Genesis and Apokolips. Takion, depending on the version, has a direct link to the source and all the power that comes with that. The rest of the people on the list are easily Superman/Wonder Women level in terms of strength and combat skill. Also lets not forgot that Mr. Miracle controls the alpha effect while Orion commands the Astro Force, each a match enough for Darkseids Omega Effect and as such I imagine would be enough to match the power cosmic. So yeah, New Gods take it.

also, @The_Soverighn: It's Takion and Mr. Miracle, not Taikon and Miracle Man, just FYI.

#49 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Stardust Blackholes half the New Gods into Cosmic Hell......

#50 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1946 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem I see for the New Gods is that

Big Barda, Mantis, Miracle Man, and Kalibak are essentially worthless in this fight.

Let me explain, most of the Heralds are not against using extreme methods to destroy there opponents, I doubt there is one of these listed that is going to be able to do anything to the Heralds once they start flying around, shooting cosmic energy and opening up black holes.

Also in terms of Metron, combat wise, even with prep, I have never seen anything that great from him.

So that pretty much leaves Takion, Infinity Man, Orion and (Metron, maybe) against the rest of the Heralds, which I think is going to be too much for them to handle.

In conclusion, Heralds should take this.