New Gods (DC Comics) Vs. Elders Of The Universe (Marvel)

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Doomnaut

Scenario 1:

-Win by death or knockout

-Morals off

-No prep

-Pre-Reboot New Gods: Darkseid, Orion, Metron, Big Barda, Mister Miracle & Highfather

-Standard 616 Elders of The Universe: Grandmaster, Champion, Ego the Living Planet, Runner, In-Betweener and Collector

Scenario 2:

-Win by death or knockout

-Morals off

-1 day of prep

-Pre-Reboot New Gods: Darkseid, Orion, Metron, Big Barda, Mister Miracle & Highfather

-Standard 616 Elders of The Universe: Grandmaster, Champion, Ego the Living Planet, Runner, In-Betweener and Collector

Fight takes place here:

No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Killemall

Seems rather one sided.

New Gods dont really have fire power to take on InBetweener alone, unless he is well jobbing like an alternate version jobbed and lost against Blink, let alone entire Elder of the universe, although some of the elders are really fodders.

Champion and Collector arent going to be of much help, assuming Champion doesnt get his power gem.

So round 1 is squarely on Elders, you really needed someone like Yuga Khan for New Gods there.

I am not going to touch the perp round at all.. One side its Darkseid, the other Grandmaster.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems rather one sided.

New Gods dont really have fire power to take on InBetweener alone, unless he is well jobbing like an alternate version jobbed and lost against Blink, let alone entire Elder of the universe, although some of the elders are really fodders.

Champion and Collector arent going to be of much help, assuming Champion doesnt get his power gem.

So round 1 is squarely on Elders, you really needed someone like Yuga Khan for New Gods there.

I am not going to touch the perp round at all.. One side its Darkseid, the other Grandmaster.

Could you do me a favor? When it comes to any topic regarding Marvel's cosmic characters, could you let me give the wrong answer first....then you come in and correct it? (:

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Dont having the Mother Box work at all??I know its good for something..

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elder gods can't die and some of them are nigh-omnipotent.....

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bee14ish

You just made this same thread on Spacebattles lol. I'm gonna say Elders due to the golden naked man and the giant talking planet.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inbetweener isn't a member of the elders of the universe...he is the avatar of Order and Chaos...assuming that the elders don't have access to any infinity gems they should win after a decent battle even without Inbetweener...with Inbetweener, he should solo...

dangersky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dangersky

The elder easily :)

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, normal new gods should be taken down easily, however in their true forms they make ego look like a ping-pong ball.

scans are from right to left

this is from new gods volume 4 #10, you can see orion and superman dwarf entire planets while they are in new genesis.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer:

Not only that, but Mister Miracle also has the Anti-Life Equation. He'd be be hard pressed not to solo, IMO.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Could you do me a favor? When it comes to any topic regarding Marvel's cosmic characters, could you let me give the wrong answer first....then you come in and correct it? (:

Yes Sir.

@killemall: Dont having the Mother Box work at all??I know its good for something..

While the mother box is going to amp their energy attack, their healing factor and given them ability to BFR (which is not very useful in this thread anyways), that should still fall short. Grandmaster can manipulate space, time and even reality, resurrect the dead and with but a simple gesture KO the Defenders roster. We have Ego who went around one shotting planets, after planets after planets in an attempt to "wake them up " and has even gone up against Galactus.

Most importantly they arent even the biggest threat for New Gods. You have Inbetweener, who can warp reality, manipulate time, summon your anti-thesis to defeat you and is phyiscally strong enough to fight against Galactus, with the resulting fight threatening an entire universe. The New Gods really have no answer to a heavy hitter like InBetweener, he is up there with Galactus in terms of power.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: ego went against a hungry galactus from what i recall, and he got beaten, it was thor who ultimately defeated galactus

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: ego went against a hungry galactus from what i recall, and he got beaten, it was thor who ultimately defeated galactus

It was the fight with Ego that weakened Galactus to begin with, and Galactus himself acknoweledge Ego as his equal. Thor was more of a tie breaker than anything else, he uses Ego's own energy for godblast, against Galactus, to make him flee. In essence, Ego and Thor end up beating Galactus, than the other way around.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Hyperlight

@killemall: why is the champion not much help?.. isnt he massively strong?

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: why is the champion not much help?.. isnt he massively strong?

In theory, but She-Hulk beat him in h2h. How much help could he be here with that on his resume? Further more, I still say that Scott Free can solo here via Anti-Life Equation.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rolldestroyer

@killemall said:

It was the fight with Ego that weakened Galactus to begin with, and Galactus himself acknoweledge Ego as his equal.

from what i understood, galactus was about to starve before he fought ego:

No Caption Provided

that's page 15 of thor #160, we don't see the direct fight happen until page 20 and continues in the pages of thor #161.

though it is stated at the beginning of the issue that galactus consumed a world, the time when he did this isn't specified.

also can you point out where exactly does galactus acknowledge that ego is his equal? are you talking about those 2 issues or another one? because i didn't see it, the closest thing i see is when it is stated that galactus has never faced such a being with an incalcutable power in page 8 of thor #161

you're right about this, my mistake.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elders

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers