New 52Darkseid vs Marvel Now Thanos (read O.P)

• 74 results
darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By darklord_apoc

Poll New 52Darkseid vs Marvel Now Thanos (read O.P) (93 votes)

New 52 Darkseid 51%
Marvel Now Thanos 52%
Tie 1%

I looked and I did not see where the new Darkseid or Thanos in a verses thread yet? Here are the rules though

Rule One: No power ups for either of them and both must use their OWN POWER!! Mistress Death is not apart of this thread by the way...

Rule Two: You have to use their new parts only, so no P.C Darkseid unless you can prove he has the same power now as he did back then...

Round One: Thanos's army from "Infinity" vs Darkseid's female furies and his other generals, in a random encounter...

Round Two: The same as round one but both teams have 24 hours prep...

Round Three: Darkseid (New 52) vs Thanos (Marvel Now) in a random encounter....

Round Four: Darkseid (New 52) vs Thanos (Marvel Now) with 24 hours of prep....

When you vote please say why and give your reasons why without low balling either character... Both new versions are pretty powerful so both deserve some respect.... Remember this is the recent and newest versions of these 2 plus their generals....

• 
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Its hard to deny, as far as New 52 is concerned, Darkseid has looked more formidable.

Neither of them have done anything with prep though so that's just up to speculation.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Its hard to deny, as far as New 52 is concerned, Darkseid has looked more formidable.

Neither of them have done anything with prep though so that's just up to speculation.

Agreed.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MAZAHS117

Hmmm, still leaning towards the Mad Titan a bit. Both have gone up against Earth's best heroes in their respective Universes and even tho he gave them Hell, Darkseid was shown to be hurt by Wondy and Aquaman while Thanos was only "stunned" IIRC by Thor and momentarily slowed by Black Bolt.....idk, gotta think about this more

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Didn't New 52 Darkseid bust a planet?

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know much about Marvel Now Thanos. I havnt seen everything from Darkseid but honestly wasnt impressed. So, he took on the Justice League 7, thats to be expected. Lets see, what ese. OH he killed a few elder gods or whatever they were called. thats impressive but we dont exactly know how powerful they were so, i cant say how impressive it is.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jashro44

Didn't New 52 Darkseid bust a planet?

Yes as a result of fighting high father.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Scans are from his villains month issue if anyone wants to know.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jashro44

I dont know much about Marvel Now Thanos. I havnt seen everything from Darkseid but honestly wasnt impressed. So, he took on the Justice League 7, thats to be expected. Lets see, what ese. OH he killed a few elder gods or whatever they were called. thats impressive but we dont exactly know how powerful they were so, i cant say how impressive it is.

Marvel now thanos was pretty much smacking the avengers around. He had a pretty cool moment where thor fired some lightning at him and thanos asked him to do it again. And then thor did and he shrugged it off.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@foreverevil said:

Marvel now thanos was pretty much smacking the avengers around. He had a pretty cool moment where thor fired some lightning at him and thanos asked him to do it again. And then thor did and he shrugged it off.

eh

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos NOW isn't really much different from Thanos before-NOW. So, Thanos wins. Again.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

Thanos NOW isn't really much different from Thanos before-NOW. So, Thanos wins. Again.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has done nothing impressive so far to give him any edge

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*waits for the thor scan*

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Experio

This thread should have been made after we've seen more of them

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vaeternus

@jashro44: Beat me to it, plus he killed the original 7 Gods to get his power and destroyed Earth 3 according to Ultraman.

DS has also kicked around the JL during their first encounter before they made him retreat more or less...

Darkseid for me.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jashro44: Badass! Nice to see Darkseid's being portrayed as a true powerhouse.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to hand it to Darkseid. His origin story really revealed how insanely powerful he really is when unrestrained. No way he *wasn't* holding back when he fought the League.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

From what I gather, Thanos NOW was able to smack a charging Hulk aside and took multiple thunderstrikes from Thor with little ill effect. I think Thor even thunder-hammer-slammed him, and that didn't get him anywhere. But New 52 Darkseid seems to be more impressive here, if only on the basis of feats.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Wolverine008

Marvel Now isn't a reboot. Does the OP mean just use Thanos' feats from Marvel NOW?

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Now isn't a reboot. Does the OP mean just use Thanos' feats from Marvel NOW?

I think so. Rule Two states "You have to use their new parts only", so Thanos' feats are thus restricted.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolfrazer

@jashro44: For some reason in that scan, the way the Highfather posed just make me laugh and smile.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Beat me to it, plus he killed the original 7 Gods to get his power and destroyed Earth 3 according to Ultraman.

DS has also kicked around the JL during their first encounter before they made him retreat more or less...

Darkseid for me.

I haven't read forever evil but did they show him blow the planet up on panel? I'm not arguing he isn't a planet buster because he clearly is I'm just curious. All though yea killing the old gods would be a pretty good feat of manipulation/prep.

*waits for the thor scan*

No Caption Provided

Either this or Corvus Glaives death would have to be my 2 favorite moments in infinity (all though I did like Corvus, I just thought it was a pretty epic moment for Hyperion and Corvus).

@jashro44: Badass! Nice to see Darkseid's being portrayed as a true powerhouse.

Indeed. I think in terms of feats Darkseid is in good hands. He is being handled by Greg Pak right now I believe who loves giving people awesome feats. Greg also seems to respect Darkseid as the power house he is suppose to be which is awesome.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WastelandMan
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when I first read this JL issue. Right at this scene, I pissed my pants. Darkseid literally possesses the combined power of an entire pantheon of gods.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: hell yea. dude is a MONSTER. and im finally on a fast internet connection so i was like im definitely posting these. As i posted in my last scan darkseid has been destroying planets for fun for EONS.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all the people who said Thonos...... LOL.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ForeverEvil

@patrat18 said:

For all the people who said Thonos...... LOL.

youre welcome. lol

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@reactor said:

I remember when I first read this JL issue. Right at this scene, I pissed my pants. Darkseid literally possesses the combined power of an entire pantheon of gods.

thanos > thor > glory = 10000 combined pantheons > darkseid.

trolol. :p :p

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ForeverEvil

@reactor said:

ohhhh snaaap!! lol whats up man. hows it going

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@princearagorn1 said:

@reactor said:

Exam in 6 hours. Gotta run lol

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@reactor said:

I know you don't care but man I got 200 pages to learn by thursday lol

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

@foreverevil said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@reactor said:

I know you don't care but man I got 200 pages to learn by thursday lol

get to it then man. stop wasting time on here and get your butt in gear. tear it up

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how do their generals fair in this battle? Not their whole army because D.S has a whole planet filled so it probably would not be fair for Thanos's army..

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how do their generals fair in this battle? Not their whole army because D.S has a whole planet filled so it probably would not be fair for Thanos's army..

IIRC Darkseids generals have a good deal of speed. Proxima midnight could be a problem but she should get over whelmed.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's with all the alternate Supermen Darkseid is collecting?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's with all the alternate Supermen Darkseid is collecting?

I think he is turning them into his slaves.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@darklord_apoc said:

IIRC Darkseids generals have a good deal of speed. Proxima midnight could be a problem but she should get over whelmed.

What about those creatures Thanos has that can phase through things and read peoples minds?

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want DS's Herald Supes in EARTH 2 to fight with Orion.

Although the New Gods mythos is completely different, DS is so much more intimidating now.

Round 1: I haven't seen enough of Apok's forces. Only the parademons from JL vol 1 and demons sent to Earth 2 destroying an entire pantheon of gods. Killing Supes. And DS's general killing Wonder Woman. That's some cool feats but from Infinity, Thanos' generals seem to have more time and feats to show. I think Proxima Midnight has that "star spear". She and her husband were fast and unrelenting. Took down Hulk right? I vote for Thanos here

Round 2: well, if DS and Thanos are in it I guess I would go for DS. Both invaded Earth but I think DS could have done so much worse. The para demons and DS' armies I think have conquered various universes now? Kaiyo's multiverse breaching and DS destroying Earths. It is implied that DS sent armies each time Kaiyo found a new universe. Because he did so in Earth 2 and main Earth. And each time planet is destroyed except for Earth 2 and main Earth. But again, DS' army did take out an entire team and pantheon in Earth two. Thanos and crew, I don't know. I have not seen enough of Thanos. Where was he for the last 2 - 5 years? He won round 1 cus we never see much of DS' generals and furies. But a bout between the armies? I'd go for DS. Aeons of conqureing and busting planets, realities, or whatever...

Round 3: Thanos tanking Thor is skeptical... Thor in TGOT seems to be different from Infinity Thor. The writiers could have written two different Thors. But if TGOT and Infinity THors are the same... and Thanos tanked Thor. Then DS would not take Thanos down as easily in a random encounter. Thanos does have a few chances to win. DS did, however, blow up Earths and collected/killed multiple Supermen.... for fun. So we can say that DS' powers are far greater than what we have seen. Thor in TGOT healed a moon and with two other Thors defeated Gorr. So if Thor's best attacks did not harm Thanos, he could withstand DS' initial blasts IMO. But after that, DS could probs kill Thanos if he realised that he made a mistake. More likely that DS would kill Thanos more times than Thanos regaining ground and then possible finding a way to defeat or kill DS. DS 7/10

Round 4: Tough. DS has always been the cunning master strategist but we do not know much about this new DS. So it's okay to say that Thanos is currently the better strategist. Using the Builders' situation to wreak havoc on Earth... Doesn't take a genius to come up with that but it's still more than what DS have shown as of yet. BUT we can imply that DS' aeons of invading then destroying Earth as proof that DS is no idiot in staging and prep. Hmm.. tough. In terms of prep, I would go for Thanos. But sinces this is Round 3 except that there's 24 hours prep... well I guess who's the better prep master matters not anymore lol. How stupid of me. Yea, DS would just blast Thanos until he dies. More feats for current DS than Thanos for the last 3 to 5 years unless I missed something.... DS 8/10

Thanos 1 : DS 3

DARKSEID WINS!!!!

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Jobseid finally gone?

Can I read his stories in New 52?

:D

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By darklord_apoc

Would it be more fair if I made this New 52 Darkseid vs Thanos (all earth 616 canon versions)but without I.G or HOTU? If I do that would it make for a better debate?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jwwprod

Thanos or a tie.

man_thing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still think Thanos will win.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50  Edited By Stompa

@darklord_apoc: yes I think that would make sense. As the rules are now you have DS with eons of badass background vs thanos who could have played angry birds all day before the events of marvel now since his story was never changed. This limits especially his prep feats severely.