AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AllStarSuperman

vs

battle takes place in central city, they want to take the other down but are in character,

the pre flashpoint flashes are around to protect people but are not allowed to join the fight

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jayfournines

New 52 Stomps Tom Welling

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By GunGunW

New 52 is so much immensely stronger it's not even funny.

CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CountofMC

What is New 52's speed like? Tom Welling Supes had some incredible speed/ heat vision feats. Also his durability sans-kryptonite encounters, was pretty high too. In terms of lifting strength he might not have been as strong but his striking power was pretty uber too. I don't know enough about New 52 to make a judgement though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New-52 Superman.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

/thread

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Lvenger

Yeah New 52 Superman definitely takes this. More and better feats to call on.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@Lvenger: great minds think alike...........

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lvenger

@N0tS0An0nym0us: Tis an obvious outcome though. Especially with the 5 day planet lifting feat :P

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CountofMC said:

What is New 52's speed like? Tom Welling Supes had some incredible speed/ heat vision feats. Also his durability sans-kryptonite encounters, was pretty high too. In terms of lifting strength he might not have been as strong but his striking power was pretty uber too. I don't know enough about New 52 to make a judgement though.

This.

I was re-watching the Bizzaro fight and was like WTH? This is how Superman should fight. I hope he fights like this during the movie. SV Clark almost always used his speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxhsCD565Mg

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Smallville Superman did punch bizzaro practically into orbit and could move lightspeed and vaporized a dam in a instint. and i think he takes kyptonite better than new 52 supes and he pushed apocolipes away which is supposed to be way bigger than the earth

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Clark_EL

@CountofMC said:

New 52 Superman can go 200X the speed of light flying in space....He flew from earth to Pluto in less than a minute (Red Hood and the outlaws

#14)
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#13 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger: I know this is old but I want to discuss their strength levels. I agree that New-52 Superman wins, but whom was actually the stronger Superman? New-52 Superman was able to push the weight of The Earth for 5 days, but how is the Earth's weight relative to Apokolips? Smallville Superman easily moved, or actually tossed Apokolips out of orbit.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By dorukesin

Smallville takes it dude

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lvenger: I'm not sure on how much Apokolips weighed, but we know that Apokolips was about the size of Saturn:

Saturn is the second largest Planet in our Solar-System, assuming Apokolips is of a similar weight, would that not be far more than 5 times of the weight of The Earth? (I've read that Saturn is 95 times the mass of The Earth, though I am not sure on the validity of this). Still, I'm not saying it weighed as much as Saturn. Just an observation, they were the same size.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: But then didn't Apokolips ended up being the size of metropolis?

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Carter_esque

52 stomps, mismatch

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: But then didn't Apokolips ended up being the size of metropolis?

That was Apokolips going into Earth's orbit?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: yeah so not sure how quantifiable it is pushing Apokolips

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 frozen  Moderator

@reaverlation: It's hard to quantify it. Though it is still very impressive. Even if Saturn is 95x the mass of Earth, the same may not hold true for Apokolips. But obviously, Apokolips is not exactly a gas planet.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Superman ftw

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@lvenger: I'm not sure on how much Apokolips weighed, but we know that Apokolips was about the size of Saturn:

Saturn is the second largest Planet in our Solar-System, assuming Apokolips is of a similar weight, would that not be far more than 5 times of the weight of The Earth? (I've read that Saturn is 95 times the mass of The Earth, though I am not sure on the validity of this). Still, I'm not saying it weighed as much as Saturn. Just an observation, they were the same size.

I very much see where you're coming on the physical strength front but even that doesn't much up to the insanity of benching the weight of the Earth for 5 days straight. That's 5.972 sextillion tons held straight for 5 days over a temporary moving of a Saturn sized object out of orbit. Despite the ridiculousness of the New 52 Superman feat, it's difficult not to discount it as a lesser showing to what Smallville Superman moved with his strength.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

I very much see where you're coming on the physical strength front but even that doesn't much up to the insanity of benching the weight of the Earth for 5 days straight. That's 5.972 sextillion tons held straight for 5 days over a temporary moving of a Saturn sized object out of orbit. Despite the ridiculousness of the New 52 Superman feat, it's difficult not to discount it as a lesser showing to what Smallville Superman moved with his strength.

It's just interesting that Apokolips was Saturn size. New-52 Superman's Earth feat is undoubtedly an impressive strength feat, but also an impressive endurance feat (as he was able to hold it). Now I can't say whether Apokolips had the mass of Saturn, but they were near the exact same size, just that Saturn is a gas-giant and Apokolips is not a gas-planet. Smallville Superman was able to easily move the Planet and it looked like he tossed it, rather than simply pushing it. If Apokolips did have the same or similar mass as Saturn, it'd be 95x the mass of The Earth. 5.972 sextillion tons x 95 = 588 Quintillion Tons (the mass of Saturn).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

It's just interesting that Apokolips was Saturn size. New-52 Superman's Earth feat is undoubtedly an impressive strength feat, but also an impressive endurance feat (as he was able to hold it). Now I can't say whether Apokolips had the mass of Saturn, but they were near the exact same size, just that Saturn is a gas-giant and Apokolips is not a gas-planet. Smallville Superman was able to easily move the Planet and it looked like he tossed it, rather than simply pushing it. If Apokolips did have the same or similar mass as Saturn, it'd be 95x the mass of The Earth. 5.972 sextillion tons x 95 = 588 Quintillion Tons (the mass of Saturn).

So it's in the quintillion tons range then? Impressive even moreso for Smallville Superman even if it was a massive jump from what the show showed his strength levels to be. Still, multiplying 5.972 sextillion tons by 5, the number of days Superman held up the machine for, clocks him in at holding up the equivalent of 29.86 sextillion tons over the course of 5 days. Whilst that's not as much as Saturn's mass, Smallville Superman only pushed that amount briefly. New 52 Superman held up his burden for a full 5 days.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

So it's in the quintillion tons range then? Impressive even moreso for Smallville Superman even if it was a massive jump from what the show showed his strength levels to be. Still, multiplying 5.972 sextillion tons by 5, the number of days Superman held up the machine for, clocks him in at holding up the equivalent of 29.86 sextillion tons over the course of 5 days. Whilst that's not as much as Saturn's mass, Smallville Superman only pushed that amount briefly. New 52 Superman held up his burden for a full 5 days.

I think that is correct, I may be wrong. But essentially it is the weight of 95 Earths. He unlocked that power during the finale (from his 'trial' with Jor-El). New-52 Superman's Earth feat is largely impressive, not only does it speak as a strength feat but also one of endurance (as he kept it up). But being able to physically move a planet like that without much trouble (and of such size) is incredible, he didn't just push it either, it's like he threw the planet (Apokolips was suddenly going away from Earth at a fast rate). Many characters in the actual DC comics (even pre-52 too) did not show such strength. Which feat do you find more impressive? Both feats are very impressive.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is my own thread from like a year ago, but I say Smallville has the strength and combat speed (if he utilizes it) advantage.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Both are really good but the Earth Benching feat was done for the sake of showing off. The Smallville feat at least pertained to the story so that's a better feat in terms of execution.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

I think that is correct, I may be wrong. But essentially it is the weight of 95 Earths. He unlocked that power during the finale (from his 'trial' with Jor-El). New-52 Superman's Earth feat is largely impressive, not only does it speak as a strength feat but also one of endurance (as he kept it up). But being able to physically move a planet like that without much trouble (and of such size) is incredible, he didn't just push it either, it's like he threw the planet (Apokolips was suddenly going away from Earth at a fast rate). Many characters in the actual DC comics (even pre-52 too) did not show such strength. Which feat do you find more impressive? Both feats are very impressive.

Apokolips was nowhere near the size of Saturn when Superman moved it. It was able to fit whole in Metropolis, if it remained as large as Saturn it would have crushed Earth rather than sit above Metropolis.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 frozen  Moderator

@dondave: Apokolips was not the size of Metropolis, that would make it a dwarf planet, possibly even smaller. It looked like it was the size of Metropolis (we only saw it from below Metropolis at that point), but it's size was that of Saturn, Apokolips coming into Earth's atmosphere moreso disregarded the fact that it would have crushed Earth for the plot. When it went past Saturn, it was near identical in size (I have posted the pictures).

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@frozen: Both are really good but the Earth Benching feat was done for the sake of showing off. The Smallville feat at least pertained to the story so that's a better feat in terms of execution.

I can agree with this. I still maintain that New-52 Superman will win, though I question whether he really has the strength advantage, that is all.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@lvenger said:

I can agree with this. I still maintain that New-52 Superman will win, though I question whether he really has the strength advantage, that is all.

As do I agree with that post as well. Aside from the strength advantage.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@dondave: Apokolips was not the size of Metropolis, that would make it a dwarf planet, possibly even smaller. It looked like it was the size of Metropolis (we only saw it from below Metropolis at that point), but it's size was that of Saturn, Apokolips coming into Earth's atmosphere moreso disregarded the fact that it would have crushed Earth for the plot. When it went past Saturn, it was near identical in size (I have posted the pictures).

I know it was the size of Saturn when it went past it, but if it remained at that size it would have blocked out the Sun when it came to Earth. Not to mention the fact that we see portions of it over Metropolis, if it remained the size it was when it passed Saturn it would have covered more than Metropolis.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 frozen  Moderator

@dondave said:

@frozen said:

I know it was the size of Saturn when it went past it, but if it remained at that size it would have blocked out the Sun when it came to Earth. Not to mention the fact that we see portions of it over Metropolis, if it remained the size it was when it passed Saturn it would have covered more than Metropolis.

Apokolips did not get smaller in the story itself, only to the viewers, the only reasons it did not block The Sun and destroy Earth is because of the plot, we only saw Apokolips in Earth's orbit from Metropolis' point of view.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dondave

@frozen said:

@dondave said:

@frozen said:

Apokolips did not get smaller in the story itself, only to the viewers, the only reasons it did not block The Sun and destroy Earth is because of the plot, we only saw Apokolips in Earth's orbit from Metropolis' point of view.

No Caption Provided

It's clearly smaller than Saturn. If Saturn were to come into Earth's Orbit today it wouldn't look anywhere near as small as the above image. You can't just dismiss everything as plot.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 frozen  Moderator

@dondave: ''You can't just dismiss everything as plot''

But the fact is it was quite clearly for the plot; had it crushed Earth and blocked The Sun, there would be no finale. Saturn is a gas-planet, it would not look like Apokolips in Earth's orbit. There isn't really much more I can add to what I've already said.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

But the fact is it was quite clearly for the plot; had it crushed Earth and blocked The Sun, there would be no finale. Saturn is a gas-planet, it would not look like Apokolips in Earth's orbit. There isn't really much more I can add to what I've already said.

Or it actually got smaller

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Superman.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 frozen  Moderator

@dondave said:

@frozen said:

Or it actually got smaller

As it would have benefited Darkseid to have a larger Apokolips heading towards Earth...

mastermustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smallville superman has better strength feats, but hasn't displayed endurance feats or durability feats on par with new-52 superman.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping the original.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

tough

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is the real OG.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SV Supes seems more powerful. The N52 wank going on prior is pretty funny.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for original thread.

AlphaAboveAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 stomps.

Bump.

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was stated by producer of smallvile that Clark unlocked his Silver age potencial in season finale.They intended to make clark that powerful so that whole show makes sense in the end.

Smallville destroys new 52

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers