#1 Posted by XImpossibruX (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

And go.

#2 Posted by dondave (38790 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX:Sentry

#3 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7723 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#4 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, stronger, faster and god he is got boosted. Now we are getting statements like he could dropkick the moon out of orbit, what can i say, new Superman looks more powerful than his pre - new 52 version (not including pre-crisis).

#5 Edited by dondave (38790 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall:Seriously?, I thought he was depowered in the new 52

#6 Edited by tomlikesfries (4751 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's Superman easily lifting the exact weight of Earth for 5 days, that is without being exposed to the sun once during the 120 straight hours. He wins.

#7 Posted by Immortal777 (7732 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins he has the far better stats.

#8 Posted by XImpossibruX (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

Superman wins he has the far better stats.

Better stats?

#9 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

Superman.

#10 Posted by Supermansito (197 posts) - - Show Bio

superman, better feats

#11 Posted by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman beta any version of sentry

#12 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: He only has a chance because the Void isn't present but even then I still give it to the golden guardian

#13 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (1075 posts) - - Show Bio

i mean, sentry kinda BEAT molecule man xD, soooooo im gonna go with sentry dude he is stupid strong for no reason

#14 Edited by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: did you say supes beats sentry?!?

2 people i never thought i'd hear this from are you and Enzeru...

esp because i think sentry stomps.

#15 Posted by patrat18 (10676 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman beats him to a Sunny pulp and makes this.

#16 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: Many people misunderstand my stance on Sentry, perhaps because of language. In character i see Sentry and Superman (pre new 52) at about same level, which is different from how Enzeru sees it.

I however see Sentry as a lot more powerful if the thread talks about "full potential" , or Void, which is more or less the stance Sentry's creator Jenkin himself has.

#17 Posted by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Wolverine08 (45088 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#19 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Sentry isn't even at his most powerful here and supes can't do that much that Sentry couldn't

#20 Edited by SPM1M (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman takes this but with void sentry STOMPS

#21 Posted by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Sentry doesn't have comparable feats to superman though? Traveling FTL belching the earth shaking the planet all the way to the stratosphere with a punch (while he was still holding back) speedblitzing Orion, stalemating Orion (and Orion would murderstomp sentry)

#22 Posted by houseshm (430 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's Superman easily lifting the exact weight of Earth for 5 days, that is without being exposed to the sun once during the 120 straight hours. He wins.

Why is this scan used so much? It doesnt mean anything especially when in the same issue superman showed his punch is small mountain level even after getting a power boost from the sun. Lifting strength does not equal striking strength.

#23 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6842 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're to concentrate on speed and strength feats Superman has a mile long list. But in terms of other insane abilities I think Sentry has the edge over Superman.

I say Sentry.

#24 Posted by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseshm: Yes because he was totally punching as hard as he could.

#25 Posted by XImpossibruX (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I hate to butt in, but the "He take no chances" means he's punching with a considerable amount of his strength.

Granted, he could probably do more then just topple a small mountain.

#26 Posted by houseshm (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: "He takes no chances" pretty much means he was punching as hard as he could to take out the thing in one shot and you know it.

#27 Posted by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: I'd agree if 3 issues later he didn't shale the planet all the way to the stratosphere with a punch (while still

Holding back) and made the doctor that measured his strength when he did the belching feat say he was stronger than she thought

#28 Edited by SPM1M (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseshm: Although it says "he takes no chances" this is clearly overridden in later issues wen he "cuts loose" on Hel and gives him Mountain busting punches that can be felt to the earth's core and the watch tower and even then doctor veritas says he is beginning to let loose meaning he could most likely do much more than "small mountain" busting punches.

#29 Edited by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseshm: ....so explain him shaking the planet all the wy to the stratosphere in the following issues...

#30 Edited by houseshm (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m: He probably could do more than small mounting busting punches but he is no where near planet busting. The research facility was not in the earth's core it was not far from the center of the earth which could mean anything. It was most likely in the mantle. A 9.0 earthquakes is equal to 474 megatons of TNT and could probably be felt there. 600 megatons would probably be enough to destroy part of mount Everest so I dont think that punch was that impressive against Hel.

#31 Posted by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseshm: Wha? You're just lowballing superman now. The caption even says:

"he delivers blows that could topple mountains which can be felt from the very center of the earth to the farthest edges of our atmosphere" did you actually read the issue? It was even plainly stated in issue 14 that the only way to test his strength was to open a blackhole. Stop lowballing supes

#32 Posted by SPM1M (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@houseshm: Wha? You're just lowballing superman now. The caption even says:

"he delivers blows that could topple mountains which can be felt from the very center of the earth to the farthest edges of our atmosphere" did you actually read the issue? It was even plainly stated in issue 14 that the only way to test his strength was to open a blackhole. Stop lowballing supes

i was actually about to post this lol damn way to be contradicting househm..... again. its funny wen scans and captions only have meaning wen its to low ball.

#33 Edited by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m: It's crazy. It's like he picked out the one caption in the entire series that fit his argument

#34 Posted by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: @kgb725:

"Sentry isn't even at his most powerful here and supes can't do that much that Sentry couldn't"

technically he is...

"Sentry doesn't have comparable feats to superman though? Traveling FTL belching the earth shaking the planet all the way to the stratosphere with a punch (while he was still holding back) speedblitzing Orion, stalemating Orion (and Orion would murderstomp sentry)"

feat listing? let me see if i can keep up ;)

Traveling so fast he was hurting thor by speed alone, breaking terrax's cosmic axe, Overloading absorbingman(whos power is to absorb infinite amounts of energy), destroying asgard by flying, speed blitzing thor, ironman, etc. , K.O.ing blue marvel, Being stated to stalemate Galactus, Beating Molecule man on panel at molecular manipulation(both of which would SlaughterStomp superman)

#35 Edited by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: Wow so so so much PIS in one post. All that proves is that Sentry has more PIS writing behind him than red hulk

The absorbingan feat speaks for itself. Just PIS.

Him beating molecule man was PIS. even though it was void. And you actually believe spidey?

#36 Posted by houseshm (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: No im not lowballing at all, the writer said "He delivers blows that could topple mountains". Multiple blows that could topple mountains which is pretty much what I said. Also not every mountain is the same size. To destroy Mount Everest you need about 4300 megatons of TNT. So superman punch against Hel would definitely not be above mountain level. Stop taking lifting strength for striking strength.

#37 Edited by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseshm: so you didn't read the issue. Because if you did you'd know that dr veritas, the one that said the only way to test his strength wa to open a blackhole after she measured his planet moving strength while he was in a weakened state, actually said "power level is exceeding why I previously recorded..."

#38 Posted by houseshm (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I actually did and her statements don't mean anything especially when it has nothing to do with his punches. She recorded his lifting strength which has nothing to do with his punches. The writers on two occasions told you his punches are mountain level and you deny it. So have you read the issue?

#39 Edited by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: they can't all be PIS. if all of his feats are PIS then they are therefore consistent. meaning that is his power level.

"Him beating molecule man was PIS. even though it was void. And you actually believe spidey?"

it wasn't void. and why not believe spidey? i understand it's a very debated topic, but why would spiderman lie to himself while remembering the sentry? why would the writer of the comic blatantly lie?

#40 Posted by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseshm: Her statements mean nothing? The scientist that tested his strength isnt qualified to comment on it? She tested his power level and she clearly states "his power level is exceeding what I previously recorded" an in case you dint know the writer wrote what she said. And if that's not enough for you let's fastforward to issue 20 where Orion, you know the son of darksied, says that superman hit him harder than he'd ever been hit in his "immortal life". That still not enough? How about in Supergirl where superman warns her that thy have the power to destroy planets if they are not careful? I'd superman not qualified to speak on his own strength? And if that's not enough how about in RHATO where he travels about 137 tomes FTL? That means he can do an IMP that would level a planet. But none of that matters because of the captions that at he can levelountains huh?

#41 Posted by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: He was knocked out by she hulk before, knocked out by hulk before, didn't blue marvel ko sentry too...yeah they are PIS. and spidey is known throughout his history for his sarcasm. And it was the void. You notice the blackened eyes? And the better question is why wouldn't the writer of the comic show it? Why wouldn't he put it on panel? Spidey is known for his hyperbole.

#42 Posted by houseshm (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Yes her statements mean nothing when she never tested how powerful superman punches are. She tested superman lifting capability and the writers wrote that too. The writers clearly wrote how powerful his punches are in those instances and its not my problem if you have trouble believing it. All your saying are statements that dont have any meaning.

#43 Posted by SOG7dc (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseshm: lol so nothing matters except for what you want to matter? Statements across a litany of books superman was featured in don't matter? Ok. You win.

#44 Edited by Cooldes (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: she hulk? PIS. Strongest wwh ever got while sentry was massively depowered due to his mental state and laughing at hulks punches and telling him to punch him more? That was a tie. Sarcasm toward others, why would he be sarcastic in his own mind to himself while remembering sentry? how is that statement even remotely sarcastic anyway? That was not the void, you notice that void ALWAYS has black speech bubbles? why can't writers use statements? he was just using the statement to give us an idea of sentry's power level. what would be tge point of a writer blatantly lying? don't we have to take what a writer says as truth? don't they have complete control over these fictional universes?