#1 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9563 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if this fights been done since my search tools have been on the fritz for over a week. So sorry if it has.

Nightwing vs Green Arrow

Setting: Midnight

Rules:

- Morals off; In Character

- 6 hours prep with no outside help

- Standard equipment

- Win via knockout, incapacitation, or death

#2 Posted by dondave (35901 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie

#3 Posted by Funsiized (3622 posts) - - Show Bio

uhh haven't read Nightwing, but i think GA Can take it.

#4 Posted by JayAaerow (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing.

I don't think a New 52 thread of this has been done but I know a Pre-Flashpoint thread has been done and Nightwing won that. Not much has really changed skillwise enough to make me say Green Arrow takes this in my opinion, having read both. Both him and Nightwing haven't really fought anyone super notable and won. Then again, I could be wrong on Green Arrow's part. Nightwing, though? I know. He did fight Lady Shiva but that was one-sided IMO because his Ribs were injured from an earlier issue but he did barely held himself against her and I guess that's noteworthy.

#5 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6093 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing

#6 Posted by Diamondlifer1 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Grayson ftw

#7 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9563 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#8 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

id give it to ollie

#9 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21303 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing, his chicago issues are really uping his game.

#10 Posted by Erick_Williams (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing 7/10

#11 Posted by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Umm arsenal once beat nightwing (pre-52) but i mean it really is to early to be doing Pre 52 battles yet as they havent had enough time to really accomplish some good feats yet.

But pre 52 GA was holding his own vs deathstroke in close range (less than a foot but not H2H) fighting

not to much changes in the skill level right

#12 Edited by sync1 (2946 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Umm arsenal once beat nightwing (pre-52) but i mean it really is to early to be doing Pre 52 battles yet as they havent had enough time to really accomplish some good feats yet.

But pre 52 GA was holding his own vs deathstroke in close range (less than a foot but not H2H) fighting

It's totally different. Don't use Pre-52 feats and say they aren't much different.

Nightwing wins this.

#13 Posted by dondave (35901 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke threw that fight on purpose, he was trying to get arrested on purpose so that he could meet Constantine Drakon in prison

#14 Edited by dondave (35901 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

@kidman560 said:

It's totally different. Don't use Pre-52 feats and say they aren't much different.

Nightwing wins this.

Nightwing will have to deal with Ollie's trick arrows

#15 Edited by JayAaerow (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560 said:

Dick Grayson has fought Deathstroke and has stalemated him before. Multiple times too. And also, He's also beaten Arsenal decisively too when Dick was Batman. And this is New 52. Plus, he has stalemated Cassandra Cain on one occasion and one-shotted her on another. Not to mention he's doing Martial Arts since he was a pre-teen, He pretty much beats Green Arrow(Pre-52) and there's a comicvine thread for that.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/nightwing-vs-green-arrow-384084/

I've never seen Arsenal beat Nightwing either. They spar with each other but Arsenal even admits himself he cannot beat Nightwing and even the comicvine page says he isn't on his level.

Anyway, the only thing I have for Nightwing from New 52 of him doing something is him defeating 2 Talons (One in combat and one with intelligence due to a disadvantage) in Nightwing #8-9 and barely holding his own against Lady Shiva, despite the fact he has broken ribs in Nightwing #14

#16 Posted by sync1 (2946 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560 said:

Dick Grayson has fought Deathstroke and has stalemated him before. Multiple times too. And also, He's also beaten Arsenal decisively too when Dick was Batman. And this is New 52. Plus, he has stalemated Cassandra Cain on one occasion and one-shotted her on another. Not to mention he's doing Martial Arts since he was a pre-teen, He pretty much beats Green Arrow(Pre-52) and there's a comicvine thread for that.

I've never seen Arsenal beat Nightwing either. They spar with each other but Arsenal even admits himself he cannot beat Nightwing and even the comicvine page says he isn't on his level.

Anyway, the only thing I have for Nightwing from New 52 of him doing something is him defeating 2 Talons (One in combat and one with intelligence due to a disadvantage) in Nightwing #8-9 and barely holding his own against Lady Shiva, despite the fact he has broken ribs in Nightwing #14

Cassandra Cain doesn't exist in New-52, does she?

@dondave said:

@sync1 said:

@kidman560 said:

Nightwing wins this.

Yeah, but Nightwing is an extraordinary bullet dodger. His suit is insulated, has a variety of gadgets, and has prep time. I'm sure Dick can utilize the prep time better than Ollie.

Btw, is Ollie's trick arrows better than Arsenal's? In New-52, Roy is insane. Not really reading a lot of Green Arrow.

#17 Edited by dondave (35901 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

@jayaaerow said:

@kidman560 said:

@dondave said:

@sync1 said:

@kidman560 said:

Nightwing wins this.

Yeah, but Nightwing is an extraordinary bullet dodger. His suit is insulated, has a variety of gadgets, and has prep time. I'm sure Dick can utilize the prep time better than Ollie.

Btw, is Ollie's trick arrows better than Arsenal's? In New-52, Roy is insane. Not really reading a lot of Green Arrow.

I can't remember much of Roy's trick arrows. However, Green Arrow can use of combination of his Sonic Arrow or Explosive Arrow to distract Nightwing and use his foam,cyro or net arrow to incapacitate him. Or he could use his Jammer arrow to block the signal in Nightwing Visor like the Prankster recently did, leaving him vulnerable to arrows that burn as hot as napalm.

Also concerning the prep issue, Nightwing is currently in living in Chicago and doesn't have any real facility to utilize for prep, this is seen with him having sew his suit back to together instead of replacing it

#18 Posted by CheeseSticks (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie win

#19 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing for sure

#20 Edited by JayAaerow (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

@jayaaerow said:

@kidman560 said:

Nope. But I was talking about Pre-Flashpoint wise.

#21 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21303 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwings suit has taked helicopter bullets. and he was only a little bruised.

#22 Edited by raythelion (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow.

#23 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9563 posts) - - Show Bio

bump