New 52 Martian Manhunter vs Zeus

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GoldKing
No Caption Provided

New 52 Martian Manhunter

VS

Zeus from Hulk #622

No Caption Provided

Scenario: Zeus arrogantly caused a chain of events that lead to the deaths of more than a million people somewhere in a distant part of the galaxy. People MM cared for. MM goes to Mount Olympus and convinces Zeus to fight him 1 on 1, much like Hulk did. He wants to teach Zeus a lesson and humble him.

Rules: Zeus cannot use BFR, nor can he warp reality. Both men are in character. Martian Manhunter is NOT afraid of fire, nor does he have a weakness to it. MM can use all of his abilities to the fullest of his potential. MM has One Week of Prep. Zeus only has about 30 seconds (only after MM challenges him).

Person wins when the other gives up. This is NOT a battle to the death.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus with very little difficulty.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Zeus is Zeus and really needs to introduction, but would it really be THAT easy? Especially with what MM has been shown to be capable of? After reading up on New 52 MM, I actually thought he could give Zeus a decent fight. (At least under my pre-set rules).

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking said:

I know Zeus is Zeus and really needs to introduction, but would it really be THAT easy? Especially with what MM has been shown to be capable of? After reading up on New 52 MM, I actually thought he could give Zeus a decent fight. (At least under my pre-set rules).

I think SS would beat MMH and we all saw how Odin, Zeus's equal, one shotted SS.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Zeus.

solon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thanosii

Mismatch or spite choose one

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By HellionVulcan

@thanosii said:

Mismatch or spite choose one

both :) & yes huge spite in favor of Zeus .

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus crushed Hulk. Beat down an entire avengers team. can stifle healing factors. can hit intangible foes. Zeus rocks

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Rouflex

Zeus

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking said:

I think SS would beat MMH and we all saw how Odin, Zeus's equal, one shotted SS.

Zeus doesn't really have feats on Odin's level

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Baron_von_Santa
toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Zues.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Experio

Martian doesnt stand a chance.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ForeverEvil

If there are no Telepathy resistance feats for Zeus, he loses this.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darkseid1006

However painful it is to say Martian Manhunter loses...badly
Why would you put a superman+ person against a skyfather level being it doesn't make sense ?
Zeus is skyfather right? IIRC he is but unsure.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolfrazer
ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anybody post scans of Zeus' telepathy resistance feats so I can add them to my collection? Thanks.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

However painful it is to say Martian Manhunter loses...badly

Why would you put a superman+ person against a skyfather level being it doesn't make sense ?

Zeus is skyfather right? IIRC he is but unsure.

Thor was able to fight him for some months IIRC, despite his status as a Skyfather he doesn't have many feats that put him at that level.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anybody post scans of Zeus' telepathy resistance feats so I can add them to my collection? Thanks.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ForeverEvil

@sophia89 said:

@foreverevil: i dont think there are scans of zues resisting tp.

but he is a skyfather,so he gets skyfathers powers: superstrength,immortality,near omnipotence,and a whole bunch of other powers.

no. we wont do that will we? marvel fans are ALWAYS telling us that we cant just assume peoples powers because of their titles. examples are powergirl, supergirl and other kryptonians. marvel side always says that they have to have their own feats. so then the same applies here. Zeus needs TP resistance feats or The martian is going to win this.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By Fallschirmjager

People can call him a skyfather all they want, but unless he has feats that allow him to deal with MMH's TP and Intangibility...MMH wins.

Or is comicvine now accepting statements and assumptions over feats?

If he has those feats, then by all means, he stomps. But if not, you can't hand him a victory, period.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People can call him a skyfather all they want, but unless he has feats that allow him to deal with MMH's TP and Intangibility...MMH wins.

Or is comicvine now accepting statements and assumptions over feats?

If he has those feats, then by all means, he stomps. But if not, you can't hand him a victory, period.

EXACTLY what I'm saying. Everyone always says that Kryptonians arent the same(just one example) so not all "skyfathers" are the same. Additionally. People like czarnysamael always say not to assume theyre the same unless there is feats, so then lets see the feats for Zeus TP resistance. if there arent any then The Martian wins.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Alak

@fallschirmjager: @foreverevil:

I was about to post that Zeus would take this fairly easily since he's a god, but you two bring up very good points. I too would like to see examples of Zeus (or any skyfather) being able to address telepathy and intangibility. It was recently stated that J'onn was stronger than Superman in the New 52 and we've all seen what the new Clark can do.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak: To be honest Zeus never really has been attack by telepathy, so he won't have feats showing resistance. But one thing Marvel has shown is that god's are extremely hard to mind control, and beings of Sky father level more so. Zeus is said to be Odin's level and we've see Odin put every human being on earth into a hypnosis easily so I would say based off his status and Constant talk of being Odin's equal will allow him to overcome mind control. As for intangibility, how will that help John in any way? First off he cant hurt Zeus in any single way ( except maybe telepathically ), so how will that help? Phasing his hand into Zeus will most likely not work. Zeus is an extremely powerful being, I do u doubt John can phase through him. Zeus has caught Mjolnir with one hand, and defeated a group of Avengers with one lightning bolt. Among them was Thor who is suppose to be highly resistant to lightning was one-shotted. If we want even higher feats for him there is the time Asgard and Olympus went to Oar and Zeus stale mated Odin, Although it was off screen it still happened. Also John being more powerful than Superman means nothing when Zeus fights beings that would one-shot both of them. Heck Zeus has one-shot Thor and I am certain that Thor is a lot more powerful than NEW 52 Superman and John.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ForeverEvil

Thats about 3 or 4 people that have said Zeus hasnt showed TP resistant feats. That means that we cant assume that he has resistance, so then MMH wins.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ForeverEvil

@sophia89 said:

@foreverevil: if you read my post then be a good sport and admit defeat,yes he never showed tp resistance,but seeing the future makes tp useless.now admit defeat. :)

is it confirmed he can see in to the future at all times or are you all assuming again? and also, if he does see into the future, all that means is that he knows hes going to get mind wrecked and theres nothing he can do to stop it since by everyones own admittance, he has not shown to resist TP.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@foreverevil: yes its confirmed,he talked about the asgard olympus wars centruis before it happened.

and no he wont lose to tp.he sees the future knows what mmh can do teleports himself(wouldnt be bfr since he is sending himself)to another diminsion.waits till mmh unphase then uses his ftl speed to blitz him.or shootd a lighting bolt from the other diminsion teleport it right into mmh.

or teleports infront of mmh and punches his head off.

he'd have to see the future IMMEDIATELY when the battle began cause MMH could use his TP right off the bat(yes, its in his character) so i dont think he'd have enough time to look into the future and then react accordingly.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@foreverevil: he has 30 sec of prep in the beggining of the match.thats more than enough for a god.

hmm i hadnt seen that. now that im seeing the rules it says zeus cant use Battle Field Removal. So that means he cant leave the battlefield. So theres no where for him to run away to like you suggested.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking said:

Actually I believe Zeus would be a bit weaker than Odin. Mostly due to Odin having much more feats.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@foreverevil: he isnt removing mmh,he is removing himself.

if you dont like that

then at 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001

second at the start of the match he hits mmh with a lighting bolt that kills him instanly.

unless mmh is going into the battle phased he loses.

yea, he cant remove himself either cause he'd be BFRing himself and the OP says zeus cant use BFR. Can you show me a scan that shows zeus can shoot lightning in ""0.0000000000000000000000000000000001""? Also MMH does have prep also, so he can be phasing when the battle begins.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ForeverEvil

@sophia89 said:

@foreverevil: you really think mmh can survive this

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/110521/2718246-vs_galactus_3.jpg

to be fair the chaos king did amp him.

but did he use it in""0.0000000000000000000000000000000001"" like you said he would? I doubt it.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't J'onn supposed to be able to move at incredibly fast speeds? While we didn't see it on panel, we do know for a fact that he fought Flash and Superman at one point. That, and he was capable of intergalactic travel, so based off that limited info we can say that MMH has both really quick battle and travel speeds. I've never read anything with Zeus aside from the battle where he wrecked Hulk, so I can't say for sure what the speed differences are between the two. I just know that MMH is no slowpoke.

Also, just for fun, let me throw out a hypothetical scenario. Let's say J'onn can at least read Zeus' mind. You have a Greek god who has the power of precognition (users above say he foresaw events centuries ahead of time). In the other corner, you have a mind-reading alien who can know whatever you're thinking the moment that thought occurs. Wouldn't we just see a never-ending battle between these two?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zues

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ForeverEvil

@alak said:

Isn't J'onn supposed to be able to move at incredibly fast speeds? While we didn't see it on panel, we do know for a fact that he fought Flash and Superman at one point. That, and he was capable of intergalactic travel, so based off that limited info we can say that MMH has both really quick battle and travel speeds. I've never read anything with Zeus aside from the battle where he wrecked Hulk, so I can't say for sure what the speed differences are between the two. I just know that MMH is no slowpoke.

Also, just for fun, let me throw out a hypothetical scenario. Let's say J'onn can at least read Zeus' mind. You have a Greek god who has the power of precognition (users above say he foresaw events centuries ahead of time). In the other corner, you have a mind-reading alien who can know whatever you're thinking the moment that thought occurs. Wouldn't we just see a never-ending battle between these two?

damnit you took my trump card that i was saving lol