• 59 results
#1 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Joygirl (15344 posts) - - Show Bio

Hunter of Men.

#3 Posted by Joygirl (15344 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll have to start calling him Martian Godhunter.

#4 Posted by Cgoodness (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

Would Thors lightning exploit MM's vulnerability to fire?

#5 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Joygirl (15344 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: New J'onn solo'd the League and doesn't have a fire weakness AFAIK.

#7 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness: i was wondering the same thing....does MM even have a weakness to fire in the new 52? and if he does Thorcan make it rain fire but if MM does in fact still have the weakness how much is he effected by it i wonder?

#8 Posted by Cgoodness (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: from what I know fire is to MM what magic is to Supes, it's not a weakness but they are vulnerable to it

#9 Posted by MarlboroMan (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: isn't that obvious?
for seriously though even the New52 MM doesn't have much appearance, his power set should bring him victory

#10 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: you think he really solo'd? i mean we only got one panel of him doing well (he certainly wasnt stomping anyone) and batman said "it didnt go well". i wish they would have put the entire fight on panel instead of just alluding to it

#11 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by MarlboroMan (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness: he is pyrophobic more than having a pysical weakness, so it doesn't actually hurt MMH so even though lightning produce heat he shouldn't be hurt or scare from it

#13 Edited by MarlboroMan (1390 posts) - - Show Bio
@sog7dc said:

@joygirl: why do you say that?

i meant this message i forgot to refresh the page before post so i didn't see your another responses

#14 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness: he is pyrophobic more than having a pysical weakness, so it doesn't actually hurt MMH so even though lightning produce heat he shouldn't be hurt or scare from it

he got over it a while back

#15 Posted by Cgoodness (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

@marlboroman: thats pre-52, new 52 isn't afraid of it but vulnerable to it I think

#16 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

The Martian WRECKS Thor

#17 Posted by hulk_post_absolute_power (291 posts) - - Show Bio

Dose Thor now even have any good feats

#18 Posted by Joygirl (15344 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@joygirl: you think he really solo'd? i mean we only got one panel of him doing well (he certainly wasnt stomping anyone) and batman said "it didnt go well". i wish they would have put the entire fight on panel instead of just alluding to it

It's a safe enough assumption that he can beat current Thor. If it "didn't go well" that means he was winning, which means he was handling Supes, WW, GL, Flash, etc.

#19 Posted by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhunter

#20 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4670 posts) - - Show Bio

What can MM do to put and keep Thor down and vice versa?

#21 Posted by MarlboroMan (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: No he said it didn't go well to the question of getting a new member, it wasn't like ''how did the fight go with MMH?''

#22 Posted by TazzMission (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

mmh hands down. only way thor could win is if he pins jones to the ground with his hammer and i believe jones will know about it before it happens

#23 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

What can MM do to put and keep Thor down and vice versa?

woooah. i caught myself writing a whole list of things but then i realized its new 52 and i honestly have no idea if he's been rebooted or not even though ive read everything with him in it. so unless we know the answer to that....idk

#24 Posted by MarlboroMan (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: I am in the same dilemma with this limit of feats, Thor kinda supposed to stomp this battle but we know MMH's true potential so theorotically MMH should win but not the featvise

#25 Edited by Mitrageist (7179 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

It's not confirmed whether he beat the League. He lived against and wasn't detained by them due to versatility and intelligent use of all his powers. But unless I missed something, we still just have that one panel to go off of.

#26 Edited by green_skaar (4105 posts) - - Show Bio

Dose Thor now even have any good feats

Yes, very good feats: http://www.comicvine.com/thor/4005-2268/forums/current-thor-respect-thread-1480280/#40

#27 Edited by TommyJones1945 (716 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH via mindrape, or making Thor forget his abilities. Thor isn't fast enough to catch MMH off guard before he does this too.

CIN.

#28 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

@mitran said:

@joygirl said:

It's not confirmed whether he beat the League. He lived against and wasn't detained by them due to versatility and intelligent use of all his powers. But unless I missed something, we still just have that one panel to go off of.

exactly what i was thinking. one could just as easil say the fight with darksied didnt go well. or the fight with oceanmaster didnt go well. like i said i wish that they would have just put the whole fight in a comic

#29 Posted by dorukesin (3819 posts) - - Show Bio

MM curbstomps

#30 Posted by dorukesin (3819 posts) - - Show Bio
@joygirl said:

We'll have to start calling him Martian Godhunter.

#31 Posted by dondave (26706 posts) - - Show Bio

Why were all the extra Marvel Character's added?

#32 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: to make it fair. everyone was saying MM would stomp Thor so i figured id add some guys to the fray

#33 Posted by Experio (8237 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion and Hulk are not needed, Thor has lightning, wind and a planet busting hammer which detects invisibility (or Thor can command Mjolnir to attack) and disrupts intangibility. The question is, can Martian Manhunter tank a planet busting hit? If so how many? There is a bigger possibility that he goes down before Thor does

#34 Posted by green_skaar (4105 posts) - - Show Bio

Battles involving characters with Telepathy are always tricky. If it works, it's an easy stomp, but proving it will work is contentious especially with characters that have checkered resistance to it (Thor and Hulk).

#35 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess this wasnt such a good idea

#37 Posted by Experio (8237 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio: it seems that MM is too strong to have a real debate about this battle

#39 Edited by SHAZAM117 (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: It's the telepathy that is a problem. Thor is or had somekind of TP resistance in past, but I think he has been mindcontrolled into fighting his fellow Avengers in UNCANNY Avengers IIRC. If Jonn can TP Thor into fighting Hyperion and Hulk and just sit back and chill and clean up after the damage Thor causes.

#40 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

his telepathy is badass but ive only seen it twice in the new 52

#41 Posted by GhostRavage (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@shazam117: The problem with MMH always been overpowered TP abilities (overrated IMO) and phasing... Everything else its just some Superman-like standard abilities that atleast give some debatable field.

#42 Posted by BigCimmerian (7562 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter should win if he stays intangible and mindrapes them.

#43 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

now his shapeshifting is cool and i wonder how he could use that against thor

#44 Edited by Experio (8237 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: TP is the teams only problem but if Thor can realize fast enough that someone is trying tap into his mind then he can react and perform various of quick attacks to make the battle short. I think Hulk has mind resistance but not quite sure about Hyperion.

#45 Posted by green_skaar (4105 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

now his shapeshifting is cool and i wonder how he could use that against thor

Various ways:

• Appear to look like Odin and try to get Thor's guard down, than pounce when the opportunity arises.
  • Appear to look like Hyperion and Hulk and make the group possibly attack the wrong one.
  • Appear as Hercules and they go out drinking instead of fighting, since MM and Thor are both heroes!
#46 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio: im not here to debate. i could make strong cases for both. i made this thread to see who would win andenjoy a good debate. so im not gonna make an argument either way

#47 Posted by Experio (8237 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

1. Martian Manhunter doesnt know Odin or would need time to know him which would most likely alert Thor whats going on

2. Their all standing next to each other so how will be able to trick Thor?

3. Thor can drink all day without getting drunk so he wins :)

#48 Posted by Experio (8237 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by green_skaar (4105 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

@green_skaar:

1. Martian Manhunter doesnt know Odin or would need time to know him which would most likely alert Thor whats going on

2. Their all standing next to each other so how will be able to trick Thor?

3. Thor can drink all day without getting drunk so he wins :)

1. If MM read his mind he'd know Odin :)

2. Grab the clone and twirl in a circle real quick!

3. True

#50 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

bump. edited again