• 66 results
#1 Posted by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

VS

Deathstroke

Rules

• Morals are on
  • Standard gear
  • These are post flashpoint versions and only feats post flashpoint can be used
  • Random encounter but both know who they are up against

• Begin visible
  • Start 10 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by laflux (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Arthur.

#3 Edited by SNascimento (450 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think Aquaman outclass Deathstroke.

#4 Edited by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to mention this before people start saying aquaman stomps (I know someone is going to), but aquaman did bleed when he was shot in the head (he wasn't badly hurt but there was still a bit of blood) Slade does have his sword so he can hurt aquaman. Aquamans durability to stabbing damage is all right but its isn't as good as his durability to blunt force.

This isn't an argument for either just figured I would throw that out there.

#5 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: This will be a very close fight. Aquaman is clearly at the advantage with the possession his trident, which I believe will be the major factor in the outcome of this battle. However, Deathstroke is known to use 90% of his brain and have defeated many of his foes using it. Aquaman on the other hand, has been depicted of being a strategic tactician, leading the Justice League to victory against the Atlantean Army and Trench as well as other wars and battles which he came up on top out of all odds, due to his keen senses and warfare tactics. Both I believe are equals when it comes to reflexes and speed, but I believe Deathstroke his a more versatile and agile fighter, being the super soldier he is.

I'll stick with Aquaman on this one..

#6 Edited by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: I am willing to back deathstroke if you want to debate the subject all though I would like to wait a bit before I debate in my own thread and see if anyone else wants to defend Slade.

#7 Posted by laflux (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Just to mention this before people start saying aquaman stomps (I know someone is going to), but aquaman did bleed when he was shot in the head (he wasn't badly hurt but there was still a bit of blood) Slade does have his sword so he can hurt aquaman. Aquamans durability to stabbing damage is all right but its isn't as good as his durability to blunt force.

This isn't an argument for either just figured I would throw that out there.

Yeah there is alot of love for New-52 Aquaman. I just think that Aquaman would have a good reach with his trident-preventing Deathstroke from getting to close with the sword, and has enough strength to break through the Nth Armor. Lobo was chipping it and Aquaman is IMO alot stronger. Also, I don't think Slade guns would work. Assault rifle fire was hurting Arthur, but it was doing nothing more than causing surface wounds and annoying him.

#8 Posted by MisterWhisper (2584 posts) - - Show Bio

No opinion really on the fight, however that is some AWESOME artwork for Deathstroke. Who did that?

#9 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Yea that's what I'm thinking. We should just wait till you get a view more perspectives on the fight, then we can go ahead and start up the debate with the preliminary posts. This one's going to be a good one!

#10 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (4412 posts) - - Show Bio

it won't be a stomp as Slade is known to put up fights against people who should wax him because of his tactical mind. He uses his intelligence to overcome most disadvantages but I do not see him winning this. The guns wouldn't be too much of a hindrance for Aquaman and the Trident would assist in reach, not to mention AM is stronger and faster. While Slade will put up a good fight I'm giving this to Arthur.

#11 Posted by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, this comes down to, does Slade have info on Arthur before hand or no?

#12 Posted by wolverinethesoldier (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke could probly take auqaman i mean he probly has all the info on each hero he seems like a man who studies up and is ready for anything so m going to say deathstroke wins

#13 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7125 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh it's kind of hard to determine what is standard gear for Deathstroke in the New-52 since he hasn't appeared in many issues. I mean in his own series he always had intel and such brought equipment based on that. I mean if he had the explosives like the one he used on Lobo then there is a chance he can win.

#14 Posted by Clark_EL (2883 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman in a tough fight.

Superman went flying back after he punched him.

#15 Edited by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara said:

In my opinion, this comes down to, does Slade have info on Arthur before hand or no?

They have basic knowledge of each others weapons and powers (for example slade knows aquaman is super storng all though he doesn't know to what degree, and aquaman knows slade has super durable armor but to what degree is unknown to him).

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Eh it's kind of hard to determine what is standard gear for Deathstroke in the New-52 since he hasn't appeared in many issues. I mean in his own series he always had intel and such brought equipment based on that. I mean if he had the explosives like the one he used on Lobo then there is a chance he can win.

For deathstroke we will give him his sword, 2 pistols with 3 clips each, his nth metal armor, and his blast staff.

@misterwhisper said:

No opinion really on the fight, however that is some AWESOME artwork for Deathstroke. Who did that?

Its the cover for issue 15.

@ckuakini: @laflux:I will get back to you guys tomorrow or Thursday if there is no debate.

#16 Posted by k4tzm4n (39344 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a toughie. Deathstroke has skill and gear on his side, but Arthur's raw strength has the power to change the tide (for a lack of better words) with one clean connect. Honestly, I can really see it going either way. Slade has what it takes to bring Arthur to his knees with his skill, blade and reflexes/agility... and Arthur certainly has the pain tolerance to take some cuts and get a lucky hit in.

Staff
#17 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@calebhara said:

They have basic knowledge of each others weapons and powers (for example slade knows aquaman is super storng all though he doesn't know to what degree, and aquaman knows slade has super durable armor but to what degree is unknown to him).

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

For deathstroke we will give him his sword (the big black one he used to cut planes), 2 pistols with 3 clips each, his nth metal armor, and his blast staff.

@misterwhisper said:

Its the cover for issue 15.

@ckuakini: @laflux:I will get back to you guys tomorrow or Thursday if there is no debate.

Sounds good man..I also believe in contrary to Deathstroke having information about how strong the water-breather really is, Aquaman also has knowledge of how agile Deathstroke is as well knowing that he is again a super solider. All other feats will catch both by surprise.

#18 Edited by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness: I would have to side with Aquaman. He is just too strong and too durable.

#19 Edited by rolldestroyer (3544 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman

#20 Posted by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless this is a prep fight,Aquaman stomps.

And that says the Deathstroke fanboy......

Aquaman is like class 100 with superspeed and durability.

This is unfair.

#21 Posted by k4tzm4n (39344 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to combat speed, he's definitely not too fast for Slade. His battle with Black Manta is evidence of this.

Staff
#22 Posted by SHAZAM117 (4820 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Posted by MisterWhisper (2584 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: Too Strong, sure, that is definite. However, too durable is iffy. Aquaman was hurt when shot in the head, Deathstroke has better guns and a promethium sword that will do more damage than the gun he was shot with, also Deathstroke will aim at weak points in the first place.

I can see it being a good fight, not really voting just throwing out the durability thing.

#24 Edited by AngryHulks (3089 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Aquaman, Deathstroke can hurt him, true, but I don't think that's enough to make him wins a battle.

#25 Posted by Clark_EL (2883 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by k4tzm4n (39344 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone care to actually show what makes New 52 Arthur's combat speed "too fast" for Deathstroke? 'Cause I certainly haven't seen anything to support that.

Staff
#27 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Aquaman isn't actually "too" much faster than Deathstroke, and it is said that both have about an equal set of skills in the department of reflexes, speed, and agility. Aquaman's known to being 12-15 times more reactive and agile than the normal human, while Deathstroke is presumed to be about 10 times faster than the norm. In the New 52, AM has shown that he is capable of reaching speeds between Mach 5 and Mach 10, having been depicted of surpassing The Operative's hypersonic jet that could reach very high speeds (up to between Mach 5 and Mach 10) while swimming as well as being able to tow cruise ships, etc. On land, he is quite the comparison, as his legs are capable of substantial super leaping, speed, and agility.

Aquaman Dodging Black Manta's Energy Blast
VVVVVVVV
Aquaman surpassing the hypersonic jet plane, "The Living Room"
Aquaman super leaping and expressing fast reactions while saving a girl's life from an avalanche.

#28 Posted by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: I'm going to take the guy that can tank a hit from and Angry Wonder Woman over the man that was being visibly hurt, when he let Kokeshi knock him around.

#29 Edited by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

Yeah there is alot of love for New-52 Aquaman. I just think that Aquaman would have a good reach with his trident-preventing Deathstroke from getting to close with the sword,

Possibly all though I think Slade is faster and more agile.

and has enough strength to break through the Nth Armor. Lobo was chipping it and Aquaman is IMO alot stronger.

We really don't have a forgone conclusion on how strong lobo is in the new 52. He hasn't really had a chance to show how strong he was. His durability has been nerfed but his strength is a mystery.

Also, I don't think Slade guns would work. Assault rifle fire was hurting Arthur, but it was doing nothing more than causing surface wounds and annoying him.

Maybe a shot to the armor or the flesh wont do much but I think its possible Slade can shoot him in the eye. That could distract aquaman for slade to get in close with his sword.

@jashro44: This will be a very close fight. Aquaman is clearly at the advantage with the possession his trident, which I believe will be the major factor in the outcome of this battle. However, Deathstroke is known to use 90% of his brain and have defeated many of his foes using it. Aquaman on the other hand, has been depicted of being a strategic tactician, leading the Justice League to victory against the Atlantean Army and Trench as well as other wars and battles which he came up on top out of all odds, due to his keen senses and warfare tactics. Both I believe are equals when it comes to reflexes and speed, but I believe Deathstroke his a more versatile and agile fighter, being the super soldier he is.

I'll stick with Aquaman on this one..

I agree aquamans trident shouldn't be underestimated, in terms of tactics I feel as if deathstroke would be at a advantage. He managed to beat legacy using the environment and he did find a way to kill Koshi the unkillable as well. I sort of feel like deathstroke is tactically suepioer. I disagree personally about aquaman being deathstrokes equal in agility and reflexes. I think slade should have the advantage. He has deflected bullets (one of which was without his armor which augments his physicals).

@misterwhisper: I'm going to take the guy that can tank a hit from and Angry Wonder Woman over the man that was being visibly hurt, when he let Kokeshi knock him around.

Well aquaman did bleed a bit from a bullet from a assault rifle (even if only barely) so it seems his stabbing resistance isn't as good as his blunt force resistance.

I am just replying to a few comments because deathstroke is the under dog for the record. Not saying slade wins per say.

#30 Posted by Immortal777 (8025 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see how either win but I can't say who does.

#31 Posted by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

Also on an unrelated note can someone explain how the search function works? How do I search previous battles?

#32 Posted by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: In all fairness, he was shot in the head. He was hurt, but if Slade was shot in a similar fashion he would probably go right through his head. Arthur, without armour took several gunshots to che chest with no armour, and they bounced off of him. They were like paintballs to normal humans. In a head to head durability comparison (which was what i was arguing) i would still say that Slade is greatly outclassed.

Oh, and how do you respond to individual quotes like you did on your argument above with laflux? i havent found out how to do it yet on this new set up.

#33 Edited by FireThunder (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur is strong but we are talking about deathstroke in here guys. He can take down Arthur with a special tactic then he will wait his paycheck from black manta.

#34 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman curbstomps.

#35 Posted by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara:

In all fairness, he was shot in the head. He was hurt, but if Slade was shot in a similar fashion he would probably go right through his head.

Depends if deathstroke is wearing his Nth metal armor or not. With it I would say he can take a shot to the head. Without then he cannot. All though the point was aquaman was hurt. Slade is a skilled fighter so he is going to target weak areas like the throat and such.

Arthur, without armour took several gunshots to che chest with no armour, and they bounced off of him. They were like paintballs to normal humans

So far from what I have seen there seems to always be a little bit of blood when aquaman gets shot. Its never a lot of blood but still if there is blood it must be doing some form of damage.

In a head to head durability comparison (which was what i was arguing) i would still say that Slade is greatly outclassed.

Yes but the point is slade is capable of hurting him.

Oh, and how do you respond to individual quotes like you did on your argument above with laflux? i havent found out how to do it yet on this new set up.

I always hit the reply button and then copy and paste the sentences I want to address into the posting box. I then highlight the sentence and hit the quote button.

#36 Posted by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 as I mentioned before:

@reefermadness said:

@k4tzm4n: Aquaman isn't actually "too" much faster than Deathstroke, and it is said that both have about an equal set of skills in the department of reflexes, speed, and agility. Aquaman's known to being 12-15 times more reactive and agile than the normal human, while Deathstroke is presumed to be about 10 times faster than the norm. In the New 52, AM has shown that he is capable of reaching speeds between Mach 5 and Mach 10, having been depicted of surpassing The Operative's hypersonic jet that could reach very high speeds (up to between Mach 5 and Mach 10) while swimming as well as being able to tow cruise ships, etc. On land, he is quite the comparison, as his legs are capable of substantial super leaping, speed, and agility.

#37 Posted by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness: Well Deathstrokes current physicals are further increased by his nth metal armor so he could be faster then 10 men. As for moving at Mach speeds that is mainly underwater. Aquaman is a faster swimmer then he is runner.

#38 Posted by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Depends if deathstroke is wearing his Nth metal armor or not. With it I would say he can take a shot to the head. Without then he cannot. All though the point was aquaman was hurt. Slade is a skilled fighter so he is going to target weak areas like the throat and such.

Slades armour was disfigured when he detonated a grenade next to himself in his first fight with Kokeshi. He was also stabbed by the leader of susekada clan while he was wearing the armour. So although bulletproof, it is evident that his armour has weak points, that are completely vulnerable to attack. Arthur has a similar level of durability without any armour at all.

So far from what I have seen there seems to always be a little bit of blood when aquaman gets shot. Its never a lot of blood but still if there is blood it must be doing some form of damage.

Fair enough, i guess you could consider this a little bit of blood, but like i said before, it seems to be no different to what happens when a normal human is hit with a paintball gun bare-skin.

Yes but the point is slade is capable of hurting him.

He is capable, but it would be with a considerable degree of difficulty. With armour, Arthur wasn't affect by bullets at all. It's debatable wether or not Slades sword could pierce it or not.

I always hit the reply button and then copy and paste the sentences I want to address into the posting box. I then highlight the sentence and hit the quote button.

Thank you, this works well :)

#39 Edited by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara:

Slades armour was disfigured when he detonated a grenade next to himself in his first fight with Kokeshi. He was also stabbed by the leader of susekada clan while he was wearing the armour. So although bulletproof, it is evident that his armour has weak points, that are completely vulnerable to attack. Arthur has a similar level of durability without any armour at all.

I don't recall his armor being dented. Anyways it also has taken a submarine tossed on him by legacy and he detonated a building on himself. There are weak points as was shown with the leader of the susekada clan however aquaman does not know those weaknesses.

Fair enough, i guess you could consider this a little bit of blood, but like i said before, it seems to be no different to what happens when a normal human is hit with a paintball gun bare-skin.

Well yes but Slade will go for areas like the throat as I said. If you cut the throat it could be deadly. Might take a few slashes but its possible he can bleed him out by hitting areas like the throat and the eyes.

He is capable, but it would be with a considerable degree of difficulty. With armour, Arthur wasn't affect by bullets at all. It's debatable wether or not Slades sword could pierce it or not.

Sure but I would say he is faster and his Nth metal armor could let him take a punch or two. As for slades sword he did cut a plane in deathstroke the terminator #4 and him being a 4-5 tonner with his armor in the new 52 should have more penetration power then a bullet.

Thank you, this works well :)

No problem

#40 Posted by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I don't recall his armor being dented. Anyways it also has taken a submarine tossed on him by legacy and he detonated a building on himself. There are weak points as was shown with the leader of the susekada clan however aquaman does not know those weaknesses.

There were actually pieces of the plating falling off, i'll have to dig to get that scan. As for the weak points in the armour, it was later revealed that no "weak points, or precision" were required to pierce his armour. Only superhuman strength. Something that Arthur most definitely has.

Well yes but Slade will go for areas like the throat as I said. If you cut the throat it could be deadly. Might take a few slashes but its possible he can bleed him out by hitting areas like the throat and the eyes.

It's not like Arthur is just going to stand there and let Slade take hacks at his throat. Arthur actually has a range advantage with his trident, which would make it very difficult for Slade to get within a distance that he can accomplish this.

Sure but I would say he is faster and his Nth metal armor could let him take a punch or two. As for slades sword he did cut a plane in deathstroke the terminator #4 and him being a 4-5 tonner with his armor in the new 52 should have more penetration power then a bullet.

Fair enough, i would agree to this. But, Arthur has shown speed fast enough to keep up with Deathstroke. He will get his hits in though. And as you see above, all it takes is Superhuman strength to puncture the armour. Not only is Arthur stronger then the cyborg above, but he also has a trident, a weapon designed for stabbing, as opposed to the Katana in the scan, which is mainly a slashing weapon.

#41 Edited by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara:

There were actually pieces of the plating falling off, i'll have to dig to get that scan. As for the weak points in the armour, it was later revealed that no "weak points, or precision" were required to pierce his armour. Only superhuman strength. Something that Arthur most definitely has.

There isn't any indication tomo used brute strength alone. He was trained by his father so for all we know he used a combination of his physicals and skill. There is also a difference between stabbing and blunt force durability.

It's not like Arthur is just going to stand there and let Slade take hacks at his throat. Arthur actually has a range advantage with his trident, which would make it very difficult for Slade to get within a distance that he can accomplish this.

Sure but with slades speed and agility he can close the gap in on him. And we also don't know how durable his eyes are. Slade could shoot him in the eye (in the first issue he managed to cut a fly in half with a paper clip so I don't think an eye shot is much of a stretch). This could help slade get in close.

Fair enough, i would agree to this. But, Arthur has shown speed fast enough to keep up with Deathstroke. He will get his hits in though. And as you see above, all it takes is Superhuman strength to puncture the armour. Not only is Arthur stronger then the cyborg above, but he also has a trident, a weapon designed for stabbing, as opposed to the Katana in the scan, which is mainly a slashing weapon.

Aurther is pretty fast and it is possible he can stab slade with the trident (and I agree it will puncture slade) but I think Slade will be more focused on avoiding the trident and he does have a healing factor in the new 52. He was stabbed in the shoulder by legacy and he healed from it. He could possibly do the same with the trident in worst case scenario. He can afford to take one hit if aquaman hits him with a punch or maybe a kick.

#42 Posted by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: There isn't any indication tomo used brute strength alone. He was trained by his father so for all we know he used a combination of his physicals and skill. There is also a difference between stabbing and blunt force durability.

When Tomo's father attacks Slade, he is obviously implying a great deal of finesse into his strikes. When Tomo himself attacks, he behaves like a brawler, Slade even comments that it seems like he is "bursting from a super steroid" and hyped up on adrenaline. He seems to trying to use his strength and his speed much more than his martial finesse.

If you want a direct comparison, look at how Tomo fought on the train scene the first time that he and Slade meet. Then, compare it to this instance.

Sure but with slades speed and agility he can close the gap in on him. And we also don't know how durable his eyes are. Slade could shoot him in the eye (in the first issue he managed to cut a fly in half with a paper clip so I don't think an eye shot is much of a stretch). This could help slade get in close.

I can't really see this working. Even if Slade has the ability to hit him in the eyes, im doubting that with Arthurs speed, he will be able to. I think that he would really have to get in close to hurt him, and a soon as he gets within range of the Trident, its game over.

Aurther is pretty fast and it is possible he can stab slade with the trident (and I agree it will puncture slade) but I think Slade will be more focused on avoiding the trident and he does have a healing factor in the new 52. He was stabbed in the shoulder by legacy and he healed from it. He could possibly do the same with the trident in worst case scenario. He can afford to take one hit if aquaman hits him with a punch or maybe a kick.

He could maybe take one of two punches. He has already shown that falling a couple of stories broke several bones in his body, and Arthur was able to punch Superman and knock him back several feet. I think that If he gets hit with the trident, its game over. If Arthur was able to draw blood from Darkseid with the Trident, i can't imagine what would happen if he caught Slade with it.

#45 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Even though Aquaman durability is somewhat revamped as well as his other feats, I believe he could withstand some of the blows from Deathstroke, especially if he's able to dodge most of them. He's depicted of withstanding much more than high caliber bullets and have fell over 80,000 ft. from an aircraft that exploded in mid-air and endured the intense impact. I think the blood Aquaman sheds is more so from the artists POV, implying the realistic graphics that comics are presented nowadays. As for his chest-to-head durability, it seems to be that it is somewhat more vulnerable to being damaged (but not severely).

Believing that both are somewhat equals in reflexes and speed, Aquaman being the better man in these departments, their other combat attributes and senses will play a huge role in this battle. Deathstroke does have an advantage on strategical warfare tactics as he is capable of using more than 90% of his brain activities and could process attacks, plans, and counter strikes in matter of seconds. Aquaman, however, also has very effective warfare tactics and have carried out strategic plans in multiple stand-offs and battles which he led to victory such as the most recent battle fought against the Atlantean Army and the Trench. Here are scans of Aquaman taking on the Trilogy, more specifically Wonder Woman at close-range combat for just a couple panels. These scans also depict Aquaman's strong durability, having withstand Batman's intense fire power. It also shows his brute strength, and sends Supes flying with one really solid blow (even though Superman was oblivious, he is a "Man of Steel" and could endure the most brutal punches from any normal being and has been depicted of not flinching a bit when receiving a sucker punch from a norm.)

As for the trident, yes Slade will definitely take extra precautions of trying to avoid it, but I think if Aquaman uses his trident as a pitchfork and gets a chance to stab through him, Aquaman could just pick him up and throw him to the "dogs" of the open waters. Definitely no healing factor in this scenario.. He'll jus sink to the bottom, piece by piece.

These panels also depicts his tough durability as well, being shot at my high-caliber bullets from multiple choppers*

#46 Edited by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

For the record I haven't forgot I just have been a bit busy.

#47 Edited by spiderbuck (2462 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#49 Posted by TDK_1997 (15766 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#50 Posted by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry this took me so long. After this comment I will step down since this is my thread. I just don't want you guys thinking I ignored you. I will leave the debating to everyone else.

@calebhara:

When Tomo's father attacks Slade, he is obviously implying a great deal of finesse into his strikes. When Tomo himself attacks, he behaves like a brawler, Slade even comments that it seems like he is "bursting from a super steroid" and hyped up on adrenaline. He seems to trying to use his strength and his speed much more than his martial finesse.

The reason the ninjas piled on tomo in the first place was because he didn't want to fight him. If you have 20 guys on top of you it doesn't matter how skilled you are, your pinned. That is why Tomo used his strength in that instance. Having the brute strength to pierce the armor contradicts numerous showings with the Nth metal suit. It just makes more sense he used his skill to pierce it. All though I have all ready stated the trident can probably cut the armor either way. i mainly brought up the durability of the armor for blunt force.

I can't really see this working. Even if Slade has the ability to hit him in the eyes, im doubting that with Arthurs speed, he will be able to. I think that he would really have to get in close to hurt him, and a soon as he gets within range of the Trident, its game over.

Aquaman doesn't really dodge bullets so I don't see Slade having issues shooting him in the eyes. I think cutting a fly in half with a paper clip (while the fly is moving) is a good enough accuracy feat to shoot a person in the eyes.

He could maybe take one of two punches. He has already shown that falling a couple of stories broke several bones in his body, and Arthur was able to punch Superman and knock him back several feet. I think that If he gets hit with the trident, its game over. If Arthur was able to draw blood from Darkseid with the Trident, i can't imagine what would happen if he caught Slade with it.

One or 2 punches could be all Slade needs to tank with his speed and agility. As for punching superman I don't think thats a strength. Slade was able to knock back legacy (who lifted a submarine) but I don't think he is anymore then 4-5 tons based off of his feats despite kicking legacy back a bit.

@reefermadness:

Even though Aquaman durability is somewhat revamped as well as his other feats, I believe he could withstand some of the blows from Deathstroke, especially if he's able to dodge most of them. He's depicted of withstanding much more than high caliber bullets and have fell over 80,000 ft. from an aircraft that exploded in mid-air and endured the intense impact. I think the blood Aquaman sheds is more so from the artists POV, implying the realistic graphics that comics are presented nowadays. As for his chest-to-head durability, it seems to be that it is somewhat more vulnerable to being damaged (but not severely).

Well there is a difference between stabbing damage and blunt force damage. For example wonder woman can be hurt by bullets but she is/was capable of tanking punches from superman. I can agree thats just the artist point of view but I would need to see other artist show him taking bullets without bleeding.

I agree slade wont just chop aquamans head off like butter but I think enough slashes aquaman can fall.

Believing that both are somewhat equals in reflexes and speed,

This I disagree with. I haven't seen anything that really compares to bullet deflecting from aquaman.

Aquaman being the better man in these departments, their other combat attributes and senses will play a huge role in this battle. Deathstroke does have an advantage on strategical warfare tactics as he is capable of using more than 90% of his brain activities and could process attacks, plans, and counter strikes in matter of seconds. Aquaman, however, also has very effective warfare tactics and have carried out strategic plans in multiple stand-offs and battles which he led to victory such as the most recent battle fought against the Atlantean Army and the Trench.

I agree with this.

Here are scans of Aquaman taking on the Trilogy, more specifically Wonder Woman at close-range combat for just a couple panels. These scans also depict Aquaman's strong durability, having withstand Batman's intense fire power. It also shows his brute strength, and sends Supes flying with one really solid blow (even though Superman was oblivious, he is a "Man of Steel" and could endure the most brutal punches from any normal being and has been depicted of not flinching a bit when receiving a sucker punch from a norm.)

This is pretty impressive however wonder woman was trying to talk to him originally, he charged and punched her and then she punched back. It was very brief and it seems the league just underestimated him. In terms of knocking back superman the reason I don't find that impressive is because strong people tend to get knocked back a lot when they are expecting it. For example deathstroke knocked back legacy, zealot once knocked back mister majestic, etc, but that doesn't mean deathstroke or zealot are as strong as majestic or legacy. I see the superman thing as the same deal. Tanking batmans explosions isn't bad but deathstroke has tanked his own explosions in the past