HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@patrat18: hahahahaha damn

Seriously, though. I don't see any circumstance that this doesn't happen exactly the way I've outlined. Unless the OP allows Pre-Flashpoint Aquaman into this mix, in which case he forces Wolverine to cut his own nuts off via TP...

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine wins

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

I have no quarrel in stating that Logan can most definitely do some damage with claws and therein lies the biggest problem for Arthur. Nor am I really bashing at Logan either in terms of speed, which he has proved on multiple occasions that he's completely capable of holding his own against Spider-Man, albeit one that never really takes him seriously. We've generally seen what Ock demonstrated when he was serious, despite catching Logan off guard and when he never really intended to hurt him.

Personally I think the suepioer spider-man fight was a low showing for wolverine. Peter himself unloaded everything on wolverine and couldn't knock wolverine out. And Wolverine also does have several feats of being able to take hits from people stronger then spider-man.

My point is that while Arthur has to keep his distance, he's more than capable of doing so especially with his trident which can land some wicked damage itself as he effortlessly managed to halt a truck in it's tracks and lift it over his head. There is not a doubt in my mind that Arthur can't replicate that with Logan as in character, he generally favours bull-rushing his enemies rather than fighting strategically, even against brutes.

Reach is an advantage for aquaman but I think wolverine can work around it. He is faster (moving faster then human eyes, appearing as a blur to psylocke, cutting rocket powered darts in half, etc) and he is more skilled as well. All though wolverine does do bull rushes quite often against bricks, IIRC thats mainly so he can get in close to them (not really sure why thats better then using skill but thats the reason I do hear a lot), however because aquaman has reach wolverine will have to dodge around that to get in close. So I do think this is a fight wolverine will be using his speed and skill in.

I will grant you that Hulk manages to last and defeat Logan due to being incredibly slow and generally a very poor hand to hand fighter outside of his enormous strength. Difference is, Arthur possesses a similar degree of strength with a strategic warrior's mind, a similar sense of morality and speed of his own. Arthur won't be blindly jumping at Logan and if he get's his hands on him with either the Trident or simply landing any sort of hits similar to those he landed on Clark or Diana, Logan isn't getting up too easily and I'd say he's more than capable enough of throwing punches faster than Hulk or any other brute Logan has typically went up against and he's proven that he's quite capable with his trident and I can see him deflecting and/or keeping Logan at a range with ease.

I don't know if I would say aquamans strength is as similar as hulks. In the new 52 he has a lot of amazing feats but I don't know if they measure up too hulks. IIRC his best strength feats are holding tectonic plates together and lifting a cruise ship. Which all though impressive doesn't really measure up to hulks feats.

All though aquaman is very fast I think the speed and skill gap is in Logans favor by a considerable degree. The best speed feat I really recall for aquaman is moving in the speed of a blur. Which all though fast isn't something which makes me believe his speed is as good as wolverines.

Additionally, not to bash on Peter in any sense, but I wouldn't be putting his durability in the same league as Arthur's but I do understand what you were trying to get around with that scan.

I agree aquaman is a lot stronger then spider-man. All though I mainly posted it to show sometimes characters that aren't as strong as other characters knock back the stronger character. I think its a similar case with aquaman. I think superman and wonder woman were mainly just surprised with his strength. I don't think he did anything to them.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Raw_Material

@jashro44: I could see where your standpoint is in this battle, but I don't get why people consistently say that "they were surprised by his strength". They should know what kind of strength he possesses, more so Batman should know very well being the League's "captain". I mean c'mon, they've been together as a team since the League's first mission from day one. They weren't surprised on his strength but the wrath and rage he possessed at the time, which I think a lot of people new to Aquaman and comic reading don't understand; choking out Batman, brawling with Wonder Woman, and sucker-punching Superman. This isn't in Aquaman's nature at all. Wonder Woman knew about the strength he possessed and that's one of the reasons why she was holding back and not attacking full on, but trying to detain him. And the Superman story, no ordinary human nor someone with above human levels is able to do what Aquaman did, which is send the man of steel himself flying limp and unconscious. I know your gonna say, it was a sucker-punch and Superman wasn't aware but again he's been able to tank strikes from people without even reacting nor noticing it before hand and not move an itch. Besides his feat carrying the tectonic plates in the first story arc, he's showcased his strength by lifting and throwing a submerged submarine which was depicted of weighing about 100+ tons and also lifting a titantic-like ship from the ocean floor that clearly exceed the 100+ ton mark.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I could see where your standpoint is in this battle, but I don't get why people consistently say that "they were surprised by his strength". They should know what kind of strength he possesses, more so Batman should know very well being the League's "captain". I mean c'mon, they've been together as a team since the League's first mission from day one.

All they have been together for a long time it doesn't necessarily mean that they know the limits to his strength. If I am not mistaken most of aquamans best feats were in his own book.

They weren't surprised on his strength but the wrath and rage he possessed at the time, which I think a lot of people new to Aquaman and comic reading don't understand; choking out Batman, brawling with Wonder Woman, and sucker-punching Superman. This isn't in Aquaman's nature at all.

This could also be possible. My main point is that they weren't expecting aquaman would hit them that hard.

Wonder Woman knew about the strength he possessed and that's one of the reasons why she was holding back and not attacking full on, but trying to detain him.

I agree with this. Wonder woman was mainly trying to restrain him.

And the Superman story, no ordinary human nor someone with above human levels is able to do what Aquaman did, which is send the man of steel himself flying limp and unconscious.

I don't think superman was unconscious.

I know your gonna say, it was a sucker-punch and Superman wasn't aware but again he's been able to tank strikes from people without even reacting nor noticing it before hand and not move an itch.

Sure but the question becomes how much strength does it take to do that to superman. We agree Aquaman isn't quite as strong as superman is, so how strong does one have to be to do what aquaman did? Well we did see in the Dark knight that batman on venom could knock superman back a bit (I know some blood was drawn but I feel that was just a exaggeration on the artists behalf, I don't think superman was damaged/hurt). So it isn't much of a stretch for aquaman who is vastly stronger then batman (Even on venom) to do what he did.

Besides his feat carrying the tectonic plates in the first story arc, he's showcased his strength by lifting and throwing a submerged submarine which was depicted of weighing about 100+ tons and also lifting a titantic-like ship from the ocean floor that clearly exceed the 100+ ton mark.

I was actually unaware of the sub marine feat. All though I am not really arguing if wolverine can tank a hit from aquaman because I don't know if he can. I think it comes to who can connect first and I would say that wolverine is the one who will do that.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Dredeuced

@jashro44: I could see where your standpoint is in this battle, but I don't get why people consistently say that "they were surprised by his strength". They should know what kind of strength he possesses, more so Batman should know very well being the League's "captain". I mean c'mon, they've been together as a team since the League's first mission from day one. They weren't surprised on his strength but the wrath and rage he possessed at the time, which I think a lot of people new to Aquaman and comic reading don't understand; choking out Batman, brawling with Wonder Woman, and sucker-punching Superman. This isn't in Aquaman's nature at all. Wonder Woman knew about the strength he possessed and that's one of the reasons why she was holding back and not attacking full on, but trying to detain him. And the Superman story, no ordinary human nor someone with above human levels is able to do what Aquaman did, which is send the man of steel himself flying limp and unconscious. I know your gonna say, it was a sucker-punch and Superman wasn't aware but again he's been able to tank strikes from people without even reacting nor noticing it before hand and not move an itch. Besides his feat carrying the tectonic plates in the first story arc, he's showcased his strength by lifting and throwing a submerged submarine which was depicted of weighing about 100+ tons and also lifting a titantic-like ship from the ocean floor that clearly exceed the 100+ ton mark.

I don't think Superman was really unconscious from that punch.

That said, Batman drew blood from Superman by punching him with nothing but Bane venom, lol. Oh new52 supes, you inconsistent mess.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Raw_Material

@dredeuced: @jashro44: Well, not necessarily unconscious but more rattled and stunned. Soon afterwards though, he got KO'd by Ocean Master. Not sure the exact punching power that would do that to Superman, but it happened twice in one issue I think; from Vulko, a normal Atlantean who was waking up from unconsciousness and lying down at the time and from Aquaman. I agree with both of you guys. Yea, it will come down to who connects first, punching prowess, and damage done. Aquaman has his trident to try and keep Wolverine out of range to do so. But you know once Logan has the chance and connects he won't stop attacking until either Aquaman pulls him off or does something to counter. And yea, I think with Superman bleeding is more of a exaggeration on behalf of the artists. This is what happened with Aquaman in the first story arc, where the colorists makes him bleed from gun shots, even though it the first arc of Justice League he was just standing at the docks getting shot at by heavy firearms from helicopters and not showing any signs of blood trauma. Also he lives in the depths of the ocean, so it's proven also in comics that he'll be able to withstand immense amount of pressure and heavy gun fire. Again, IMO this battle go either way and there could be a possibility there won't be a defined winner... unless a polls made or something. Also, just to point out, Wolverine's 5'3 and Aquaman's well over 6 feet, 200+ lbs. I love both characters though, so this really gets me going and probably why I'm writing such long paragraphs, lol.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jashro44

@raw_material:

Well, not necessarily unconscious but more rattled and stunned. Soon afterwards though, he got KO'd by Ocean Master.

Arguments have been made that the trident is magic.

Not sure the exact punching power that would do that to Superman, but it happened twice in one issue I think; from Vulko, a normal Atlantean who was waking up from unconsciousness and lying down at the time and from Aquaman. I agree with both of you guys. Yea, it will come down to who connects first, punching prowess, and damage done. Aquaman has his trident to try and keep Wolverine out of range to do so. But you know once Logan has the chance and connects he won't stop attacking until either Aquaman pulls him off or does something to counter. And yea, I think with Superman bleeding is more of a exaggeration on behalf of the artists. This is what happened with Aquaman in the first story arc, where the colorists makes him bleed from gun shots, even though it the first arc of Justice League he was just standing at the docks getting shot at by heavy firearms from helicopters and not showing any signs of blood trauma. Also he lives in the depths of the ocean, so it's proven also in comics that he'll be able to withstand immense amount of pressure and heavy gun fire. Again, IMO this battle go either way and there could be a possibility there won't be a defined winner... unless a polls made or something. Also, just to point out, Wolverine's 5'3 and Aquaman's well over 6 feet, 200+ lbs. I love both characters though, so this really gets me going and probably why I'm writing such long paragraphs, lol.

Do you have scans of the underlined part? My main issue with aquaman and superman, and why they are different is that aquaman bleeding from bullets seems to be more consistent then superman bleeding from a kick, from a venomed out batman. I think the batman kicking superman bit was just AIS (Artistic induced stupidity). Either way wolverine should be able to cut him but still.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@jashro44:

Personally I think the suepioer spider-man fight was a low showing for wolverine. Peter himself unloaded everything on wolverine and couldn't knock wolverine out. And Wolverine also does have several feats of being able to take hits from people stronger then spider-man.

No doubt and I am in general agreement about that being a low showing for Wolverine but I just made the point of stating that Logan can be caught off guard.

Reach is an advantage for aquaman but I think wolverine can work around it. He is faster (moving faster then human eyes, appearing as a blur to psylocke, cutting rocket powered darts in half, etc) and he is more skilled as well. All though wolverine does do bull rushes quite often against bricks, IIRC thats mainly so he can get in close to them (not really sure why thats better then using skill but thats the reason I do hear a lot), however because aquaman has reach wolverine will have to dodge around that to get in close. So I do think this is a fight wolverine will be using his speed and skill in.

No disagreement in regards to Wolverine's speed and he's had some fantastic showings with it, but I can't say that I would agree in regards to an opponent such as Arthur. True, he isn't exactly the fastest or quickest member of the League, but he's held his own with some of the fastest people on the planet. Logan undoubtedly has the skill advantage here but generally, it's essentially his character trait to bull-rush his opponents due to his massive dependancy on his healing factor and adamantium skeleton. That, in my opinion, will be his downfall.

I don't know if I would say aquamans strength is as similar as hulks. In the new 52 he has a lot of amazing feats but I don't know if they measure up too hulks. IIRC his best strength feats are holding tectonic plates together and lifting a cruise ship. Which all though impressive doesn't really measure up to hulks feats.

All though aquaman is very fast I think the speed and skill gap is in Logans favor by a considerable degree. The best speed feat I really recall for aquaman is moving in the speed of a blur. Which all though fast isn't something which makes me believe his speed is as good as wolverines.

I wouldn't say on Hulk's level exactly, but it wouldn't be all that dissimilar either. Arthur was shown lifting up a cruise ship effortlessly and they can weigh anywhere between thirty and two hundred thousand tons. I'd say that's definitely up in top-tier DC strength as well as close enough to Hulk's strength, which potentially leads to a massive advantage towards Arthur.

And yes, I am in agreement regarding Arthur's speed. On land, his best speed feats seem to be relatively on par with that of Logan's.

I agree aquaman is a lot stronger then spider-man. All though I mainly posted it to show sometimes characters that aren't as strong as other characters knock back the stronger character. I think its a similar case with aquaman. I think superman and wonder woman were mainly just surprised with his strength. I don't think he did anything to them.

Yeah, I understood your reasoning for posting the scan, no biggie.

Interesting perspective regarding Clark and Diana's reaction to Arthur. I'd have to agree to disagree regarding that. Arthur did catch Clark with a sucker punch and I'm sure it didn't affect him too much as he went on to comment to his brother how Clark is the most powerful being on Earth but that punch did lay him out for a decent amount of time. Additionally, Diana was fully aware that Arthur was a warrior and she was put on the defensive the entire time while Arthur consistently pushed her back.

I'm not going to say that Arthur could defeat either of them in a flat out fight but he was definitely giving at least Diana a run for her money.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump x2

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This threads got some heavy hitters debating it!

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bump

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm pretty sure Arthur outclasses him in every category.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By Wolverine008

Wolverine. Noticeably faster, higher degree of melee combat based skill due to his martial talent, capacity to soak damage, and the stabbing damage output to drop Aquaman.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Wolverine008

@superguy1591 said:

@wolverine08: in what way is Logan faster?

In terms of combat speed(Speed/reaction of his punches, kicks, etc.).

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman can probably one hit KO him.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Aquaman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Superguy1591

@wolverine08: uhm...no, Arthur is his superior in every category. Plus, Arthur is not a moron.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: uhm...no, Arthur is his superior in every category. Plus, Arthur is not a moron.

Wolverine has better speed/agility feats is ludicrously more skilled, soaks damage at a comparable, and his damage output in the form of his claws has showings to suggest he can put Arthur away for good. Disprove of these claims instead of open ended statements about superiority.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By patrat18

Aquaman has been stabbed multiple times with his spear and survived, The same spear that hurt Darkseid. Sure Logan can dance around him, but once Aquaman catches him? lights out.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

Aquaman has been stabbed multiple time with his spear and survived, The same spear that hurt Darkseid. Sure Logan can dance around him, but once Aquaman catches him? lights out.

Savage Hulk has healing feats just as good as, if not better than Aquaman's and stabs to the neck from Wolverine have left him nigh incapacitated. Sabretooth falls into the same category healing wise and three stabs from Wolverine in sensitive areas like the neck and back have incapacitated him. Wolverine isn't just going to be dancing around Arthur, he'll be landing hits, and his hits will put Arthur down.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Superguy1591

@wolverine08: Arthur was able to sucker punch Superman and not have any effects to his hand. Thats enough of a durability feat to match anything Logan ever did.

You have to show me a speed feat of Logan's that should me believe Logan is faster because I'm not buying it.

Again, he has to touch Arthur before he can make something out of it.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Wolverine008

@superguy1591:

Arthur was able to sucker punch Superman and not have any effects to his hand. Thats enough of a durability feat to match anything Logan ever did.

Comic books do not often take into consideration the effects of punching people with superhuman durability. Spider-Man has punched the literally indestructible head of Wolverine before with no ill effects, I suppose Spider-Man is more durable than Superman now?

You have to show me a speed feat of Logan's that should me believe Logan is faster because I'm not buying it.

I'll need to see which speed feats of Aquman's you believe cannot be matched by Wolverine before I can pick which evidence I want to use.

Again, he has to touch Arthur before he can make something out of it.

Yep, and when Wolverine does touch Aquaman, fight will end like so:

No Caption Provided

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By RisingBean

@experio said:

Could go either way

If you had money on the outcome?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

Could go either way

I could also agree with this.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Wolverine008
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Punching Superman in DC is known to have an effect on the fool who punches him. Sometimes even Diana hurts her hand after a while.

I cant find one, I just want to see how fast Logan goes to know if Arthur should be concerned.

Finally, Logan's blades aren't as powerful as Arthur's 35 ton punch(Aquaman fans have had me pushed him well into the 100+ tons range.). Arthur only needs one punch.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: You know it's true!

you know the cycle of woe yet you still deny the truth

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Punching Superman in DC is known to have an effect on the fool who punches him. Sometimes even Diana hurts her hand after a while.

I cant find one, I just want to see how fast Logan goes to know if Arthur should be concerned.

Finally, Logan's blades aren't as powerful as Arthur's 35 ton punch(Aquaman fans have had me pushed him well into the 100+ tons range.). Arthur only needs one punch.

Because he is a 100 tonner...have you read his comics?

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman......

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolvie is far out classed in speed and strength in this one. logan get's killed easily.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in what way is Logan faster?

none. aquaman is a lot more faster than him.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: who me? Because I put him in the 100 tons, I only mentioned Arthur as 35 tons because even then he's 35 tons more powerful than Logan.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: who me? Because I put him in the 100 tons, I only mentioned Arthur as 35 tons because even then he's 35 tons more powerful than Logan.

My baaaaaad

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry but Arthur stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthur

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give that Wolverine is more skilled by a long margin, but Arhur is at least on the same combat speed. With his trident to keep Logan at distance I could imagine Arthur just swatting him away for a BFR. Best case scenario for Wolverine is he manages to get a stab in, but it's going to be met by either a punch that can hurt Supes or impaling on his trident.

So either Arthur wins or stalemate.

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By dcandmarvel
No Caption Provided

Aquaman does that to him