Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Raw_Material

Rules/Settings

• The Sinister Six (Sandman, Vulture, Doc Ock, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, & Mysterio)
  • Aquaman's Given 2 Hours Worth Prep Time
  • Standard Gear Applies
  • Morals On
  • No Outside Assistance (Atlantean army, former or future members of Sinister Six, etc.)
  • Sinister Six are trying to take over New York City
  • Win by Incapacitation, KO, or Submission
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jashro44

What version of doc ock? Adamantium, carboanridium, titanium arms, or suepioer spider-man?

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material:

Aquaman is chillin in bed cuddling with Mera while his Atlantean army destroys these guys

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like an explanation how he destroys sand man in the middle of new york?

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By martyyy15

@jashro44:

Atlantean weaponry and he can just chill in throne room while his army cleans house

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what good 2hrs of prep is going to do for Aquaman (he's not really known for it), against characters he's never encountered.

@jashro44:

Atlantean weaponry and he can just chill in throne room while his army cleans house

It says no outside assistance in the OP.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_:

Ohhhh. Well he still wins, suprerior skill and his trident is magic of some sort and I'm sure he can bring some atlantean weapons....or the atlantean relics, including scepter of dead king

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

It says standard gear though. So I assume calling his army and using fancy atlantian weapons is against the rules. He has his trident and to my knowledge in the new 52 it has only been used for stabbing stuff.

I can't see him putting sand man down in this setup.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

He'll find some way. He is pretty smart and he could lure him to the water.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

He'll find some way. He is pretty smart and he could lure him to the water.

Thats going to be incredibly difficult with mysterios illusions. He wont be able to find his way to the water. And depending on what version of doctor octopus this is, he isn't totally useless.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Arthur can super leap over buildings. Getting to water isn't an issue. And his illuisions won't faze him much. And honestly maybe save for sandman can any of these guys physically even hurt aquaman

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martyyy15:

Arthur can super leap over buildings.

If he is leading sandman to water he needs to move at a pace sandman can keep up with. If he travels to fast he will lose sand man and the strategy wouldn't work.

Getting to water isn't an issue. And his illuisions won't faze him much.

Based on? There capable of fooling spider-man despite his spider-sense. I don't see why aquaman would be different.

And honestly maybe save for sandman can any of these guys physically even hurt aquaman

Thats why I said it depends on the version of doctor octopus. He has had different arms in the past including adamantium arms. His adamantium arms have been able to damage professor hulk in the past. And considering some of the feats wolverine has don thanks to adamantium in his bones adamantium arms could be a problem. Then there is the fact aquaman seems to be harmed consistently with piercing based attacks (like the sniper bullet to the head drew blood from him), so if Otto is suepioer spider-man he can cut aquaman.

If its carboanridium or titanium then yes he is useless here. So depending on if Otto is suepioer spider-man and what arms he has he can do some damage.

Then there is Kraven who also has piercing based weapons as well. And if we are using the most recent version of culture he also was using pircing attacks after his upgrade with smythe (granted he did lose the upgrade but it is technically the most recent version of vulture). I don't think either has a chance of putting aquaman down but they can at least run interference, and take aquamans attention away from other members.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sandman, Electro, and Mysterio are going to be a pain. Sandman is not stupid enough to go near water either. New 52 Aquaman as of now is still just a brick..Pre 52, or a combinarion of both would be better here. Also, the "He will find a way to win" is not a legit argument. That's the same nonsense as "Becuz he's the goddamn Batman!"

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinister Six all look at eachother and laugh when they realize they are facing the biggest joke in comics. Aquaman?! Seriously?! You couldn't put us up against someone respectable like Plastic Man?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinister Six

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinister Six all look at eachother and laugh when they realize they are facing the biggest joke in comics. Aquaman?! Seriously?! You couldn't put us up against someone respectable like Plastic Man?

Aquaman is actually a very powerful character. Even in the new 52. He will lose here-maybe even every time as there isn't much he can do to sand man-but aquaman can take a few of them down with him at least.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: I hope you're joking. And even if you are it isn't funny. Plenty of people can't defeat Sandman(who is the biggest problem here) so its ridiculous trying to cut down Aquaman for it. Who I might add would casually solo if this was his pre 52 self.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Raw_Material

@_slim_: He could find out how many he's up against, where he could find them, their strengths and weaknesses maybe? They aren't in the same universe so Aquaman will be limited to the information he's able to gather. Not sure what he could do with it as well, but we just have to see what others say about it.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Raw_Material

Aquaman lives for the people, sharing some of Spidey's characteristics and that of which Parker lives by; Great power, comes great responsibility. He cares for the people of the world and will do whatever it takes to stop any threat out there. Some of the other traits he carries are courage, bravery, boldness, honor, dignity, loyalty, I mean the list goes on. Aquaman's morals will be of a big factor in this battle IMO.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Plenty of people can't defeat Sandman(who is the biggest problem here) so its ridiculous trying to cut down Aquaman for it. Who I might add would casually solo if this was his pre 52 self.

Agreed. With two hours of prep, he might also be able to get a sonic weapon of some sort from Batman to neutralize Vulture, Kraven, and Mysterio right off the bat, giving him some breathing room. If his Trident has the same abilities as it did Pre-Flashpoint, he could easily use Electro's own powers against himself, Doc Ock's very metallic arms, and Sandman, eliminating all three in one shot.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Relax. I know he's powerful and could probably win this battle. Doesn't change the fact that he's still one of the lamest and biggest jokes in comic books. Before you come back at me with how cool Aquaman is now due to Geoff Johns run. I collect Aquaman's current run and I do enjoy it, doesn't change the fact that he's still lame and a joke.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Relax. I know he's powerful and could probably win this battle. Doesn't change the fact that he's still one of the lamest and biggest jokes in comic books. Before you come back at me with how cool Aquaman is now due to Geoff Johns run. I collect Aquaman's current run and I do enjoy it, doesn't change the fact that he's still lame and a joke.

Only to mainstream plebeians who know jacks*** about him. Also johns wasn't the first writer to make aquaman cool, peter david, grant morrsion and mark waid did within the 90's.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: Let me know when he gains enough popularity to headline a summer blockbuster. I've read David's run on Aquaman it was OK and it hardly made Aquaman seem cool. Waids run was OK nothing to right home about. Never read Morrisons run and I probably never will. No need to get all upset like I'm making fun of one of your family members. Relax and stop being so sensitive.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

Only to mainstream plebeians who know jacks*** about him. Also johns wasn't the first writer to make aquaman cool, peter david, grant morrsion and mark waid did within the 90's.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By frogdog

@frogdog: Let me know when he gains enough popularity to headline a summer blockbuster. I've read David's run on Aquaman it was OK and it hardly made Aquaman seem cool. Waids run was OK nothing to right home about. Never read Morrisons run and I probably never will. No need to get all upset like I'm making fun of one of your family members. Relax and stop being so sensitive.

By your own poor logic, you just dismissed every superhero who doesn't have a summer blockbuster. I'm just pointing out your lame joke about aquaman isn't funny and has nothing to with this thread. Assuming I'm upset because I pointed out how unfunny your lame ass joke was.

Turtle_Soiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: Why would his morals have anything to do with this? It would leave him open to that whole taking hostages thing. I could punch out Gandhi.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub:

If your local comic book store has the TPB's of Grant Morrison's/Howard Porter's run on JLA, I think you'd find it very entertaining reading. Especially where Aquaman was concerned. Just sayin'...

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aquman loses badly to Sandman and Electro,but the rest he could kill easily

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Sinister Six win big

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Raw_Material

bump

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

King Arthur for the win.

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinister Six for the win Sandman and Electro(maybe Doc Ock ) the deciding factors

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By aquaman01

bump

just to see if people changed their mind or what.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By patrat18

Sandman's a problem here.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for phantomlantern8
PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mikep12

Aquaman or stalemate

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman can take Vulture, Craven, Doc Ock and Electro....Mysterio and Sandman would be problem Arthur would not be able to overcome. He has no prep feats in the new 52.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By seastone98

Curry body bags them illusions barley work on him so beck is out, aquaman has lighting so marco is out & aquaman has great electrical resistance so he 1 shots max as soon as he gets close

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

King Arthur show them his Super Atlantean Physiology!

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sandman and Electro can be easily dealt with, Arthur would probably find a way to defeat them using water.

Mysterio is an issue not sure if Aquaman can beat him.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mysterio traps Arthur in a illusion while Electro exploits his obvious weakness.

Obviously his stats are far better but he can't account for Beck messing up his perceptions.

TorikoWONTDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@torikowontdie: I'm sure the guy who posted 6 years ago will really appreciate that