#1 Edited by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules/Settings

• The Sinister Six (Sandman, Vulture, Doc Ock, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, & Mysterio)
  • Aquaman's Given 2 Hours Worth Prep Time
  • Standard Gear Applies
  • Morals On
  • No Outside Assistance (Atlantean army, former or future members of Sinister Six, etc.)
  • Sinister Six are trying to take over New York City
  • Win by Incapacitation, KO, or Submission

#2 Edited by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

What version of doc ock? Adamantium, carboanridium, titanium arms, or suepioer spider-man?

#3 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material:

Aquaman is chillin in bed cuddling with Mera while his Atlantean army destroys these guys

#4 Posted by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like an explanation how he destroys sand man in the middle of new york?

#5 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Atlantean weaponry and he can just chill in throne room while his army cleans house

#6 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what good 2hrs of prep is going to do for Aquaman (he's not really known for it), against characters he's never encountered.

@jashro44:

Atlantean weaponry and he can just chill in throne room while his army cleans house

It says no outside assistance in the OP.

#7 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_:

Ohhhh. Well he still wins, suprerior skill and his trident is magic of some sort and I'm sure he can bring some atlantean weapons....or the atlantean relics, including scepter of dead king

#8 Posted by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

It says standard gear though. So I assume calling his army and using fancy atlantian weapons is against the rules. He has his trident and to my knowledge in the new 52 it has only been used for stabbing stuff.

I can't see him putting sand man down in this setup.

#9 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

He'll find some way. He is pretty smart and he could lure him to the water.

#10 Posted by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

He'll find some way. He is pretty smart and he could lure him to the water.

Thats going to be incredibly difficult with mysterios illusions. He wont be able to find his way to the water. And depending on what version of doctor octopus this is, he isn't totally useless.

#11 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Arthur can super leap over buildings. Getting to water isn't an issue. And his illuisions won't faze him much. And honestly maybe save for sandman can any of these guys physically even hurt aquaman

#12 Posted by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15:

Arthur can super leap over buildings.

If he is leading sandman to water he needs to move at a pace sandman can keep up with. If he travels to fast he will lose sand man and the strategy wouldn't work.

Getting to water isn't an issue. And his illuisions won't faze him much.

Based on? There capable of fooling spider-man despite his spider-sense. I don't see why aquaman would be different.

And honestly maybe save for sandman can any of these guys physically even hurt aquaman

Thats why I said it depends on the version of doctor octopus. He has had different arms in the past including adamantium arms. His adamantium arms have been able to damage professor hulk in the past. And considering some of the feats wolverine has don thanks to adamantium in his bones adamantium arms could be a problem. Then there is the fact aquaman seems to be harmed consistently with piercing based attacks (like the sniper bullet to the head drew blood from him), so if Otto is suepioer spider-man he can cut aquaman.

If its carboanridium or titanium then yes he is useless here. So depending on if Otto is suepioer spider-man and what arms he has he can do some damage.

Then there is Kraven who also has piercing based weapons as well. And if we are using the most recent version of culture he also was using pircing attacks after his upgrade with smythe (granted he did lose the upgrade but it is technically the most recent version of vulture). I don't think either has a chance of putting aquaman down but they can at least run interference, and take aquamans attention away from other members.

#13 Posted by BlackWind (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman, Electro, and Mysterio are going to be a pain. Sandman is not stupid enough to go near water either. New 52 Aquaman as of now is still just a brick..Pre 52, or a combinarion of both would be better here. Also, the "He will find a way to win" is not a legit argument. That's the same nonsense as "Becuz he's the goddamn Batman!"

#14 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinister Six all look at eachother and laugh when they realize they are facing the biggest joke in comics. Aquaman?! Seriously?! You couldn't put us up against someone respectable like Plastic Man?

#15 Posted by dondave (34224 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinister Six

#16 Posted by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinister Six all look at eachother and laugh when they realize they are facing the biggest joke in comics. Aquaman?! Seriously?! You couldn't put us up against someone respectable like Plastic Man?

Aquaman is actually a very powerful character. Even in the new 52. He will lose here-maybe even every time as there isn't much he can do to sand man-but aquaman can take a few of them down with him at least.

#17 Posted by BlackWind (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub: I hope you're joking. And even if you are it isn't funny. Plenty of people can't defeat Sandman(who is the biggest problem here) so its ridiculous trying to cut down Aquaman for it. Who I might add would casually solo if this was his pre 52 self.

#18 Edited by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_: He could find out how many he's up against, where he could find them, their strengths and weaknesses maybe? They aren't in the same universe so Aquaman will be limited to the information he's able to gather. Not sure what he could do with it as well, but we just have to see what others say about it.

#19 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman lives for the people, sharing some of Spidey's characteristics and that of which Parker lives by; Great power, comes great responsibility. He cares for the people of the world and will do whatever it takes to stop any threat out there. Some of the other traits he carries are courage, bravery, boldness, honor, dignity, loyalty, I mean the list goes on. Aquaman's morals will be of a big factor in this battle IMO.

#21 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3236 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Plenty of people can't defeat Sandman(who is the biggest problem here) so its ridiculous trying to cut down Aquaman for it. Who I might add would casually solo if this was his pre 52 self.

Agreed. With two hours of prep, he might also be able to get a sonic weapon of some sort from Batman to neutralize Vulture, Kraven, and Mysterio right off the bat, giving him some breathing room. If his Trident has the same abilities as it did Pre-Flashpoint, he could easily use Electro's own powers against himself, Doc Ock's very metallic arms, and Sandman, eliminating all three in one shot.

#22 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Relax. I know he's powerful and could probably win this battle. Doesn't change the fact that he's still one of the lamest and biggest jokes in comic books. Before you come back at me with how cool Aquaman is now due to Geoff Johns run. I collect Aquaman's current run and I do enjoy it, doesn't change the fact that he's still lame and a joke.

#23 Posted by frogdog (3232 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Relax. I know he's powerful and could probably win this battle. Doesn't change the fact that he's still one of the lamest and biggest jokes in comic books. Before you come back at me with how cool Aquaman is now due to Geoff Johns run. I collect Aquaman's current run and I do enjoy it, doesn't change the fact that he's still lame and a joke.

Only to mainstream plebeians who know jacks*** about him. Also johns wasn't the first writer to make aquaman cool, peter david, grant morrsion and mark waid did within the 90's.

#24 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: Let me know when he gains enough popularity to headline a summer blockbuster. I've read David's run on Aquaman it was OK and it hardly made Aquaman seem cool. Waids run was OK nothing to right home about. Never read Morrisons run and I probably never will. No need to get all upset like I'm making fun of one of your family members. Relax and stop being so sensitive.

#25 Posted by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Only to mainstream plebeians who know jacks*** about him. Also johns wasn't the first writer to make aquaman cool, peter david, grant morrsion and mark waid did within the 90's.

#26 Edited by frogdog (3232 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: Let me know when he gains enough popularity to headline a summer blockbuster. I've read David's run on Aquaman it was OK and it hardly made Aquaman seem cool. Waids run was OK nothing to right home about. Never read Morrisons run and I probably never will. No need to get all upset like I'm making fun of one of your family members. Relax and stop being so sensitive.

By your own poor logic, you just dismissed every superhero who doesn't have a summer blockbuster. I'm just pointing out your lame joke about aquaman isn't funny and has nothing to with this thread. Assuming I'm upset because I pointed out how unfunny your lame ass joke was.

#27 Posted by Turtle_Soiree (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Why would his morals have anything to do with this? It would leave him open to that whole taking hostages thing. I could punch out Gandhi.

#28 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4879 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3236 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub:

If your local comic book store has the TPB's of Grant Morrison's/Howard Porter's run on JLA, I think you'd find it very entertaining reading. Especially where Aquaman was concerned. Just sayin'...

#30 Posted by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#31 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8372 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquman loses badly to Sandman and Electro,but the rest he could kill easily

#32 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5130 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinister Six win big

#33 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#34 Edited by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#35 Posted by Wolverine08 (38498 posts) - - Show Bio

King Arthur for the win.

#36 Posted by fiodestromus (965 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinister Six for the win Sandman and Electro(maybe Doc Ock ) the deciding factors

#37 Edited by aquaman01 (1292 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

just to see if people changed their mind or what.

#38 Edited by patrat18 (8707 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman's a problem here.

#39 Posted by MonsterStomp (15723 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by MonsterStomp (15723 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by patrat18 (8707 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by PhantomLantern8 (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#43 Edited by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman or stalemate

#44 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11697 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman can take Vulture, Craven, Doc Ock and Electro....Mysterio and Sandman would be problem Arthur would not be able to overcome. He has no prep feats in the new 52.