New 52 Aquaman vs Luke Cage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Namor_Curry

While the Drift is hunting down Black Manta, Aquaman leads his own investigation into finding his brother Orm on the surface world which leads him to Hell's Kitchen. Arthur begins to lose his temper with a mouthy human in the presence of Luke Cage. Cage steps in to confront Arthur, which only enflames him more. His search for the Ocean Master is put on hold as his confrontation with Luke Cage turns physical. Arthur is without his Trident, and keep in mind he has been on the surface for several hours without contact with water. This is a random encounter with no prior knowledge. Who wins?

AQUAMAN

No Caption Provided

LUKE CAGE

No Caption Provided

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a bump I guess I'll give my own response. Aquaman will win by K.O. due to his superior fighting technique and his durability. He won't be able to land a seriously devastating blow on Cage due to the extreme durability of his own, but over time Arthur will weaken him to the point of K.O. Arthur could also BFR Luke.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Raw_Material

Aquaman wins without the help of his trident

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By reaverlation

Aquaman stomps

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Aquaman

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that it's going to change my vote, but I'd like to make it clear that Cage isn't exactly a pushover. He's one-shotted Rhino, as well as Venom and Bullseye at the same time. Arthur will certainly feel it if Luke lands a blow, especially being water deprived.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol arthur slaughters

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@namor_curry said:

Not that it's going to change my vote, but I'd like to make it clear that Cage isn't exactly a pushover. He's one-shotted Rhino, as well as Venom and Bullseye at the same time. Arthur will certainly feel it if Luke lands a blow, especially being water deprived.

Aquaman's Trident can set off a volcano when thrown into a vent (hard to quantify, but easily nuke+ level based on some light research), shattered Graves' armor with the blunt end who was laughing off the JLA's best attacks including tanking a point blank Heat vision shot from Superman and the trident also ripped a giant hole in Darkseid's chest.

He has no answer to that.

One shotting Rhino (who is the biggest jobber Marvel has), Venom and Bullseye is nothing Aquaman couldn't do with his own fist and then some.

Moreover, Aquaman spent most of his life on land. Lack of water doesn't make him physically weaker. He just doesn't heal as well and isn't as fast on land.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlackWind

Aquaman stomps. He doesn't get "water deprived" just being on land.

Funnily enough however, I could see Arthur and Luke getting along very well.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Aquaman.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aquaman

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman smacks lucks up and down the seaboard with a whale.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman probably one-shots.

uniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You realize aquaman can just destroy luke's brain right? Also i'm pretty sure his trident could pierce luke. Also aquaman's strength is more than 4x luke's. Also aquaman is a skilled tactician. Also aquaman has better reflexes and speed, also aquaman can do what hulk does and jump to "fly". Also aquaman has an army. Also aquaman can get a sea gull to attack luke for the hell of it. Really all luke has on aquaman is slightly stronger skin? Although aquaman's whole body is durable while luke really just has his skin. I don't see how this is a battle. It's more of an "aquaman is slightly inconvenienced while finding his brother" scenario.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Namor_Curry

@fallschirmjager: We are in agreement that Arthur wins, however you seem to be downplaying the situation. Speed and healing is what Aquaman needs to employ his superior fighting tactics. Granted, Arthur's Trident is more than overcompensation considering it pierced Darkseid, however Cage is not to be underestimated. He has gone toe to toe with Namor (Aquaman's counterpart), Wolverine, Iron Fist, Doctor Doom and Spider-Man. I wouldn't call it an extremely close fight but Arthur doesn't win by a huge margin.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uniko said:

You realize aquaman can just destroy luke's brain right? Also i'm pretty sure his trident could pierce luke. Also aquaman's strength is more than 4x luke's. Also aquaman is a skilled tactician. Also aquaman has better reflexes and speed, also aquaman can do what hulk does and jump to "fly". Also aquaman has an army. Also aquaman can get a sea gull to attack luke for the hell of it. Really all luke has on aquaman is slightly stronger skin? Although aquaman's whole body is durable while luke really just has his skin. I don't see how this is a battle. It's more of an "aquaman is slightly inconvenienced while finding his brother" scenario.

I'd lean toward the trident likely being able to pierce Cage, however not in full confidence considering Cage is supposedly impervious to the sharpest of blades. Arthur being stronger than Cage is true, but Cage's durability negates this, and it's why he's often able to go toe to toe with those that outclass him. The Aqualeap as I tend to call it isn't really helpful here unless Arthur is retreating, which I don't see him doing. Being a military tactician is irrelevant in a one on one fight.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: We are in agreement that Arthur wins, however you seem to be downplaying the situation. Speed and healing is Aquaman needs to employ his superior fighting tactics. Granted, Arthur's Trident is more than overcompensation considering it pierced Darkseid, however Cage is not to be underestimated. He has gone toe to toe with Namor (Aquaman's counterpart), Wolverine, Iron Fist, Doctor Doom and Spider-Man. I wouldn't call it an extremely close fight but Arthur doesn't win by a huge margin.

Namor has done nothing impressive in years. He is currently getting his butt kicked by a street leveler and has gotten beat multiple times in water by other bricks.

New 52 Aquaman on the other hand is by far the most physically powerful version of the character. He has continually gone to toe toe with DC's best and given a good or great account of himself. There isn't even a real loss on his record in the New 52. He's only been KO'd twice to my recollection. Once with self inflicted and the other was with his own Trident.

If you remove his trident its a good fight. With that Trident, Arthur could one shot any of the characters listed and then some.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aquaman wins this. He has the strength, durability and fighting ability to defeat Luke

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: This is true about the New 52 Arthur not being a pushover, and that's a great thing. You raise excellent points. Arthur is without the Trident, I'd still give him the win however. Thanks for the replies.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: This is true about the New 52 Arthur not being a pushover, and that's a great thing. You raise excellent points. Arthur is without the Trident, I'd still give him the win however. Thanks for the replies.

As I said its a much closer match. I think people tend to forget what its capable of.

Even Pre-52 he killed an Imperiex Probe with it. Its always been a powerful weapon, he just never used it on a regular basis until now.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I think his amped durability is really what's responsible for his current success. He can now tank continent shattering blows and recover in a panel, as well as having skin near Kryptonian level durability.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aquaman.

uniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uniko said:

I'd lean toward the trident likely being able to pierce Cage, however not in full confidence considering Cage is supposedly impervious to the sharpest of blades. Arthur being stronger than Cage is true, but Cage's durability negates this, and it's why he's often able to go toe to toe with those that outclass him. The Aqualeap as I tend to call it isn't really helpful here unless Arthur is retreating, which I don't see him doing. Being a military tactician is irrelevant in a one on one fight.

Grab Cage, aqualeap into the ocean, leave him at the bottom. GG? 100 ton hero vs 25 ton hero, i don't see cage being able to counter this. Remember that other than his skin, cage doesn't really have much defense. Aquaman doesn't have to trade blows, grappling is also a way of fighting. (love calling it the aqualeap btw, genius haha)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthur stomps cages face in

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 juiceboks  Moderator

Cage can't hurt Aquaman..like at all.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uniko: Or he could just aquapunch Cage across the city until they hit the Hudson river.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an ABSOLUTE mismatch, there is no way cage can hope to win or even hold his own.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman beats cage while riding on his giant seahorse.

Avatar image for theholeinthings
TheHoleInThings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthur is on another level.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Namor_Curry

@uniko: One of Aquaman's biggest opponents (Black Manta) is a pretty standard human, and Arthur doesn't slap him out of the park every time.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 juiceboks  Moderator

@namor_curry: Black Manta isn't a physical threat to Arthur..he uses tech to bridge the gap.

Kinda like Toyman is to Superman.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Yes, his tech makes him more durable and stronger, which is exactly what the experiments on Powerman provide. And just like Black Manta, Arthur will have to be sure not to kill Cage in order to prevent Atlanteans from looking like monsters to the surface. I don't see how this is different. I've said from the start Arthur would win this, but if you think about it, this isn't really a murderstomp.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Karazyn

good night, luke cage! i hate you as a character and you deserve a beating by superfriends worst character!

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 juiceboks  Moderator

@namor_curry: What Black Manta is capable of has nothing to do with Luke..Luke isn't Black Manta. Arthur doesn't have to kill Luke to oneshot him. One good punch will take him out for good..and it doesn't necessarily have to be a full powered blow.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AM wins

Avatar image for comicvinepoozer1
comicvinepoozer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody lock this. 30+ comments and not a single on for Cage. And OP, if you had a clear winner at the start why make it? Luke gets beaten that's all their is too it, now someone get the mods

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol...no need for the mods...I'm sure cage can get a hit in but it will do little but aggrevate the beating he will get from Arthur...

New 52 Aquaman is a powerhouse...that surpasses the 100 ton mark by the multiple....

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthur

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uniko: One of Aquaman's biggest opponents (Black Manta) is a pretty standard human, and Arthur doesn't slap him out of the park every time.

Grab cage, aqualeap, drop him at the bottom of the ocean. Cage's insides are the same as a normal human, he drowns. ZERO counters.

OR if killing is out of the question

Grab cage, aqualeap, get a job at a fast food restaurant, get fired because you're holding a grown man on your shoulder while serving people, use the money you were able to get from that to buy a life jacket, put the life jacket on cage, aqualeap, swim to the middle of the ocean, leave him there, have the justice league deal with him later, get a new job to be a productive member of society, realize you're aquaman, quit your job, find orm. GG.

Or of course just punch him and smash his internal organs because cage has a natural weakness to punches from heroes that have a multiple of 100ton strength in the chest and head region where he has internal organs that can get boom boomed.

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kazuma_Bushi

Isn't Aquaman a 100 tonner? This is unfair

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers