• 85 results
#1 Posted by Fetts (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm bored. So... Here ya go.

Rules:

-This is Juggernaut (with his Cyttorak powers) vs New-52 Aquaman.

-Aquaman has his trident. Juggernaut has his fists.

-No prep or prior knowledge. This is a completely random encounter.

-Morals are on.

-Victory is obtained by Death or KO.

-Juggernaut had salmon for lunch... That made Aquaman pissed........ Just roll with it.

vs

#2 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: Before I reply with an answer I need to know which exact version of Juggernaut are we talking about here? The original that could wipe the floor with the X-Men, or a the weaker versions they've had around?

#3 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggs ftw. New52 Arthur has some good showings with his Tri-Dent against Darkseid and Graves, but up against full Cytorak Juggs?! Idk....

#4 Posted by dondave (34227 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggs

#5 Posted by Fetts (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

@quartermaim: Ya like how he's shown. Not his Captain Universe or Kuurth self. His regular, original self.

#6 Posted by XImpossibruX (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggs would wreck...

#7 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut

#8 Posted by Fetts (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman sent Superman flying... Not entirely sure if Juggs would win so easily.

#9 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio
@fetts said:

@quartermaim: Ya like how he's shown. Not his Captain Universe or Kuurth self. His regular, original self.

Thank you.

Well then Aquaman has some cool skills and abilities but once he slips up. Juggernaut is going to tear him limb from limb.

#10 Posted by BigCimmerian (7848 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut one shots him.

#11 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggs, i don't see how Aquaman can hurt him, Juggs on the other hand can and will hurt Arthur.

#12 Posted by jashro44 (19504 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is powerful in the new 52 but I don't think he has done anything to say he can handle juggernaut.

#13 Posted by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Aquaman is powerful in the new 52 but I don't think he has done anything to say he can handle juggernaut.

...Besides lift and toss a submarine vessel out of the water from the ocean floor, as well as lifting a titanic-like ship. The attributes which Aquaman exceeds on in this battle are his agility, elusiveness with his trident, and aggression towards Juggs (for eating Salmon...?). We all know from Throne of Atlantis, once Aquaman gets going and is pissed there is hardly anyone who could stop him from his actions. I think this one would be a close to call. Aquaman's trident will play a huge role in the battle, as he'll be able to pierce through Juggs and damage him if given the opportunity to do so considering the feats that have been shown so far with his trident. I believe Aquaman would be able to tag Juggs a couple times with it and inflict some brutal damage, but again I don't really know much of Juggs and his agility. Any scans of him showcasing his elusiveness? As of right now, I'm siding with Aquaman. We already know he's able to take on powerhouses like Juggs and have showcased some pretty impressive feats to back that up.

#14 Posted by RisingBean (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

Against the classic Juggernaut who Thor couldn't take and had to BFR before he died?

Yeah, Juggernaut.

It may take awhile for him to get his hands on Aquaman, but once he does it gets hard R rated.

#15 Posted by Lvenger (18216 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by jashro44 (19504 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

...Besides lift and toss a submarine vessel out of the water from the ocean floor, as well as lifting a titanic-like ship. The attributes which Aquaman exceeds on in this battle are his agility, elusiveness with his trident, and aggression towards Juggs (for eating Salmon...?). We all know from Throne of Atlantis, once Aquaman gets going and is pissed there is hardly anyone who could stop him from his actions. I think this one would be a close to call. Aquaman's trident will play a huge role in the battle, as he'll be able to pierce through Juggs and damage him if given the opportunity to do so considering the feats that have been shown so far with his trident. I believe Aquaman would be able to tag Juggs a couple times with it and inflict some brutal damage, but again I don't really know much of Juggs and his agility. Any scans of him showcasing his elusiveness? As of right now, I'm siding with Aquaman. We already know he's able to take on powerhouses like Juggs and have showcased some pretty impressive feats to back that up.

Juggernaut isn't as agile as aquaman but thats not really the problem. The problem is juggernaut has insane durability and strength. Its up there with the likes of thor and hulks. Also not really sure about the trident being able to pierce juggernaut. IIRC Juggernauts force fields are suppose to give him protection against this sort of thing. An example of juggernauts durability would be when Skaar punched him into outer space and juggernaut was still couscous. I just don't see aquaman over come juggernauts power. He is faster, more agile, and more skilled, however juggernaut is just more powerful.

#17 Posted by Lvenger (18216 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Seriously, you're defending Aquaman? Juggernaut is literally one of the most durable beings on 616 Earth. Marvel powerhouses like Thor can't beat him and I'm hard pressed to think that Pre Flashpoint powerhouses like Superman and Wonder Woman could actually beat him without BFRing him. New 52 Aquaman has no chance of harming Juggernaut. Juggernaut is way more powerful than him.

#18 Edited by dondave (34227 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@raw_material: Seriously, you're defending Aquaman? Juggernaut is literally one of the most durable beings on 616 Earth. Marvel powerhouses like Thor can't beat him and I'm hard pressed to think that Pre Flashpoint powerhouses like Superman and Wonder Woman could actually beat him without BFRing him. New 52 Aquaman has no chance of harming Juggernaut. Juggernaut is way more powerful than him.

#19 Edited by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@raw_material said:

@jashro44 said:

Juggernaut isn't as agile as aquaman but thats not really the problem. The problem is juggernaut has insane durability and strength. Its up there with the likes of thor and hulks. Also not really sure about the trident being able to pierce juggernaut. IIRC Juggernauts force fields are suppose to give him protection against this sort of thing. An example of juggernauts durability would be when Skaar punched him into outer space and juggernaut was still couscous. I just don't see aquaman over come juggernauts power. He is faster, more agile, and more skilled, however juggernaut is just more powerful.

Being the most durable being in the MU, Juggs could definitely tank couple blows from Aquaman's punches, which is shown with punching power to break through a huge mountain cliff and come out the other side. We have seen somewhat of the strength that lies within his trident, which is one of the seven most powerful Atlantean relics in the world. He's shown us the strength prowess of his trident as he was not only the one Leaguer to be able to pierce through the demi-god Darkseid and have caused him to bleed out, but also being able to shatter Graves mystical barrier that was deemed indestructible in the early Justice League issues of the New 52 series. Therefore, the trident is also deemed indestructible. Aquaman does have an advantage with reach in this battle, that's for sure. Unless Juggs arms are longer than Aquaman's trident.

#20 Edited by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

Lol, defending? Okay there Supergeek...I'm just saying I think Aquaman has a chance of winning and wanted to exploit that. I have no knowledge of Juggernaut besides his strength and vicious headbutts (lol). And that he appeared in X-Men: Last Stand. But anyway, now that I think of it, Aquaman wins for sure. Juggs is gonna try to headbutt Aquaman, Arthur casually jumps out of his way, then strikes him with his trident several times before going in for the final blow (with his bare knuckles) sending Juggs flying like he did to the surprised Superman who went limp after Aquaman, out of plain site, punched him. Thanks again for letting me know your thought tho!

#21 Posted by CheeseSticks (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur can't stop Juggs. Cain win.

#22 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material

I think that it's possible Aquaman could harm Cain, but Cain is not only durable but his Healing Factor is off the charts. I can't find the pics online but he can heal major damage instantly with the full power of the Cyttorak behind him. But could dodge most of his attacks but if Aquaman got grabbed it would be over quickly.

#23 Posted by Wolverine08 (38505 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggs.

#24 Edited by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material

I think that it's possible Aquaman could harm Cain, but Cain is not only durable but his Healing Factor is off the charts. I can't find the pics online but he can heal major damage instantly with the full power of the Cyttorak behind him. But could dodge most of his attacks but if Aquaman got grabbed it would be over quickly.

Healing factor? Uff, that's a huge advantage for Juggs, and don't know if Aquaman's faced someone with fast healing regeneration, in the New 52 specifically. Thanks for the info.

#25 Posted by Cgoodness (3865 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman's trident would most likely not hurt Jugs, thor had to remove Jugs energy then fight him

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/WilliamLukash/2011-03-27_200358_136715-jj3_super.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/34486/1352395-magic_negation.jpg

#26 Posted by CF12793 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut wins. I was perusing through aquaman's feats (as I don't read much of the new 52) and yeah, nothing suggests that he'd be able to hurt Juggernaut in any way, shape or form.

#27 Posted by crabtree (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut wins.

#28 Posted by patrat18 (8715 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: ok now your going to far i do agree that juggernaut wins this but saying superman or wonder woman could not beat him is just being silly. superman could easily lobotomizes him without moving a muscle and than send him on a one way ticket to the sun, wonder woman could just knock him into space and don't stop the beating until she tear his skin from his body,and slab his eyes out. without momentum juggs is not all that great.

#29 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5130 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: he sucker punched Supes who weighs all of 250 lbs. Juggs would laugh that s___ off. Juggs pounds him.

#30 Posted by jashro44 (19504 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@raw_material said:

@jashro44 said:

Being the most durable being in the MU, Juggs could definitely tank couple blows from Aquaman's punches, which is shown with punching power to break through a huge mountain cliff and come out the other side. We have seen somewhat of the strength that lies within his trident, which is one of the seven most powerful Atlantean relics in the world. He's shown us the strength prowess of his trident as he was not only the one Leaguer to be able to pierce through the demi-god Darkseid and have caused him to bleed out, but also being able to shatter Graves mystical barrier that was deemed indestructible in the early Justice League issues of the New 52 series. Therefore, the trident is also deemed indestructible. Aquaman does have an advantage with reach in this battle, that's for sure. Unless Juggs arms are longer than Aquaman's trident.

Thing is even Thor couldn't hurt him IIRC. He needed to remove juggernauts force field to do anything and thats something aquaman can't do.

Here the fight. Thors attacks do nothing until he takes juggernauts force field away.

#31 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5130 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: you obviously don't know much about Juggernaut. Fully backed by Cyttorak, his force fields would absorb most of Supes punches and all of Diane's. Theyd need MM to try to mindrape him and they'd have to get his helmet off first if they could get through his force field. Supes could try to BFR him but that's only if catches him unawares and with the enchantment Juggs doesn't eat, sleep or breathe. Classic Juggs is bad ass. Supes could get with him not Diana.

#32 Posted by jashro44 (19504 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@lvenger: ok now your going to far i do agree that juggernaut wins this but saying superman or wonder woman could not beat him is just being silly. superman could easily lobotomizes him without moving a muscle and than send him on a one way ticket to the sun, wonder woman could just knock him into space and don't stop the beating until she tear his skin from his body,and slab his eyes out. without momentum juggs is not all that great.

Did you read his comment? He said with out BFR juggernaut could beat superman and wonder woman...Hitting juggernaut into space and the sun are BFR. Not sure if supermans heat vision would work on juggernaut either to be honest.

#33 Posted by RAC14 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material:

Recently Aquaman threw a ship at the Dead King. His trident pierced Darkseid and Graves (whose shield the other members of the league did not get through). Think jugs wins though but he will not win easily.

#34 Posted by BigCimmerian (7848 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@patrat18 said:

Did you read his comment? He said with out BFR juggernaut could beat superman and wonder woman...Hitting juggernaut into space and the sun are BFR. Not sure if supermans heat vision would work on juggernaut either to be honest.

Cyttorak will always guard Juggernaut, if they BFR him he will return Juggs back.

#35 Posted by jashro44 (19504 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@patrat18 said:

Cyttorak will always guard Juggernaut, if they BFR him he will return Juggs back.

Is there a reason that Skaar was able to BFR juggernaut then? I would need to see scans or issue references of juggernaut being immune to BFR.

#36 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut wrecks. Stronger and waaaaaaaaaay more durable. Aquaman has nothing to put Juggernaut away.

#37 Posted by Lvenger (18216 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, defending? Okay there Supergeek...I'm just saying I think Aquaman has a chance of winning and wanted to exploit that. I have no knowledge of Juggernaut besides his strength and vicious headbutts (lol). And that he appeared in X-Men: Last Stand. But anyway, now that I think of it, Aquaman wins for sure. Juggs is gonna try to headbutt Aquaman, Arthur casually jumps out of his way, then strikes him with his trident several times before going in for the final blow (with his bare knuckles) sending Juggs flying like he did to the surprised Superman who went limp after Aquaman, out of plain site, punched him. Thanks again for letting me know your thought tho!

Your admitting to your lack of knowledge about Juggernaut unfortunately betrays you. Not only is Juggernaut extremely durable, but he has a nigh impenetrable forcefield that I'd be hard pressed to see Superman penetrating frankly. Thor, who hits harder than Superman with Mjolnir couldn't dent his forcefields and had to get rid of them via spinning Mjolnir really fast to remove the enchantments. There's no way Aquaman can hurt Juggernaut in the way you describe. Juggernaut is just too powerful. You're entitled to your opinion but Aquaman is severely outclassed here by a long shot.

@patrat18 said:

I know a helluva lot more feats for Superman and Wonder Woman than you by the sounds of it. His forcefield is too much to penetrate. BFR is the only viable way to beat him otherwise it's a stalemate. Juggernaut won't be able to really hit Superman and Wonder Woman (whoever's fighting him) but they won't be able to really hurt him.

#38 Edited by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

He's not totally outclassed, if I were to say Juggs only has the strength and durability over Aquaman. Other than that Aquaman outclasses him in all other physical stats. But again, Lvenger and @jashro44 made me realize that Juggernaut is a tank. He wins against Aquaman with his Cytorakk powers. If I were to say, Aquaman would have some kind of chance in this battle and could possibly win a few rounds out of 10 off countering, knowing a few things; he did break an indestructible force-field before, it's a random encounter, and if Fetts is saying that Juggs ate Salmon, he's probably meaning that Aquaman is sort of bloodlusted which means he could put up a good fight with him. Aquaman is more elusive than Juggernaut though and could penetrate through the shield with strong enough strikes with his trident. Knowing Juggernaut, he's gonna be bull rushing every chance he gets, which is Aquaman's greatest chance of countering. Not to mention he's punched through mountains and torn through metal doors before.

A random encounter could mean that Juggernaut will probably try to taunt Aquaman and take him on not lightly but also not has brutal during the first contact, whereas Aquaman will.

Almost a mismatch, with his increased powers but without it this would make a pretty good battle IMO. Good thing Aquaman has his trident so he won't get stomped.

#39 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

They're not even in the same tier, to be frank. And Aquaman wouldn't be pissed about that....heck, even Arthur himself eats fish.

#40 Posted by Fetts (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: Dude Superman is pretty damn durable. I don't think weight is really the key factor here. If it was the key factor, and he really weighed 250 lbs. (which I'm not exactly sure is true), we could make an argument that Hulk Hogan could send him flying. He can't. Durability is the key factor here. And Superman's durability is pretty damn good.

#41 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5130 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: he's supposed to be 6'3" 225lbs so being sucker punched by a 100 tonner will send ANYONE flying and Supes got right back up.

#42 Edited by comic_book_fan (5239 posts) - - Show Bio

juggernaut easily there is nothing aquaman could do to him.

#43 Edited by MisterWhisper (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

With the win condition being either death or KO, I definitely go with Cain. Arthur could win 5 or even 6 out of 10 if BFR was available. This fight will last a really long time, Juggernaut is quite outclassed in the agility and speed department, it would take him a long time to be able to lay a hand on Arthur. It will happen eventually, however, and at that point Aquaman has a very, very bad day.

Unless Aquaman can pull out some magical deus ex machina like Thor used to, he is screwed.

#44 Posted by patrat18 (8715 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by patrat18 (8715 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: not sure? make sure superman can lobotomize him and snap his neck.

#46 Posted by jashro44 (19504 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@jashro44: not sure? make sure superman can lobotomize him and snap his neck.

I don't think superman can do either to juggernaut. He doesn't even do this stuff in character anyways...

#47 Edited by patrat18 (8715 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I don't think superman can do either to juggernaut. He doesn't even do this stuff in character anyways...

yes he dose if it means not killing or going to far, you don't think? you have to know for a fact before you say no because it has been done durability or not. whats stopping superman from phasing through juggs heart and ripping it out?

#48 Posted by jashro44 (19504 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: That was a one time thing and superman was pretending to go crazy. All he did in those scans was take away Blacks powers. Aside from that I don't think Black was actually hurt even, and superman can't depower juggernaut anyways so its a moot point....He wont vaporize juggernauts brains even if he was capable of doing so.

As for ripping out his heart he wouldn't do that...

#49 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5130 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Supes HV not lobotomizing full power force field Juggs or breaking his neck try again and Aquaman definitely ain't doing it.

#50 Edited by patrat18 (8715 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: proof yea doubt it stop sucking up and face facts,show me a scan were his force fields block at a microscopic level?