SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

random encounter

2 rounds

round 1 takes place in the atlantic (no outside help. strictly 1v1) aquaman does not have trident.

round 2 in the center of metropolis after aquaman has just gotten out of the ocean and is fully hydrated. in round 2 aquaman does have access to his trident. again this is strictly 1v1

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Superman all rounds. H'es to much for AM.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18:

you think earth one is that far above ne52 aquaman?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: No but in a real fight Superman N52 would crush Aquaman.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18:

this isn't new 52 this is earth one. from the jms series.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@sog7dc: Isint Earth one superman Pre Crisis superman

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bronze_surfer: I thought it was. Then after COIE they made a New Earth for the main Earth, right?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By patrat18

@sog7dc said:

@patrat18:

this isn't new 52 this is earth one. from the jms series.

I know I thought you were implying that Superman from new 52 would loose to Aquaman because he sucker punched him.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

@retconcrisis: Well yeah but that was not earth one just new earth

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Isint Earth one superman Pre Crisis superman

no im referring o the earth one series written y jms. there is a batman earthone (that is the worst piece of trash I own) written by Geoff johns (and its really bad. like allstar batman was bad but the art deemed it. this is so bad not even gary franks art can make me want to look at it) and there will soon be a wonderwoman earth one

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Oh, didn't see round 2. Sorry. Yeah, AM takes Round 2.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I know jack about Earth-One Superman. I'm assume he's not as strong as New 52?

Anyway. If Superman has to fight Aquaman underwater, he is going to have huge problems. Aquaman is stated to be the fastest thing in the water (I'll hunt down the scan if people really want to argue otherwise)

Round 1 would still probably go to Superman though, he's too durable. Round 2 with the trident I think Aquaman could take a 6/10 majority. If his Trident can piece Darkseid, I believe it could pierce Superman too. It wouldn't be an easy fight, though.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know jack about Earth-One Superman. I'm assume he's not as strong as New 52?

Anyway. If Superman has to fight Aquaman underwater, he is going to have huge problems. Aquaman is stated to be the fastest thing in the water (I'll hunt down the scan if people really want to argue otherwise)

Round 1 would still probably go to Superman though, he's too durable. Round 2 with the trident I think Aquaman could take a 6/10 majority. If his Trident can piece Darkseid, I believe it could pierce Superman too. It wouldn't be an easy fight, though.

earth one is strong but its a JMS story so its more focused on the story. he has a few feats like moving faster than jimmy's camera could catch him and he was shooting at 3 frames per second. and he moved fast enough to stop a tsunami (?) from hitting a beach. not too many strength feats other than fighting parasite after parasite had drained him and someone that was suspiciously similar to zod

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

JMS Superman does not have many feats and is nothing like mainstream continuity Superman.

Aquaman can take him in both rounds after close fights..

Round 1 via speed mainly.

Round 2 via Trident.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: Earth One Superman is still faster than him

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: Earth one superman is way faster than Aquaman. He does have a couple of incredible speed feats

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By comicfan11

@sog7dc: @dondave: Pre DCnU Aquaman was stated as faster underwater than Superman (JLA v1 86).

Granted there has not been a comparison between Nu52 Aquaman and Superman underwater, but even so Nu52 Aquaman was able to sucker punch Supes and blitz WW on land, and both of them have superspeed (Nu52 Supes>JMS Supes)

Underwater with his summons AND speed I believe he could take JMS Supes.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dondave

@comicfan11: They're not fighting in water, underwater speed is irrelevant. Earth One Superman has been shown to blitz a squadron of robots in a fifth of a second. New 52 Aquaman hasn't shown that level of combat speed. Also it was a sucker punch for a reason, Aquaman would have no chance of tagging New 52 Supes if he didn't want him to.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By comicfan11

@dondave: Yeah but AQ blitzed WW after she attacked him first from behind. There was no surprise there. And he also showed similar speed two more times against Ocean Master. Furthermore how do you even surprise Superman with all his super senses? Aquaman was right in front of him when he punched him (granted covered in flames but still Superman's vision can casually see through that).

And WW has always been shown as at least able to tag Superman in combat, and this hasn't change in the New 52. Aquaman in all continuities has been shown as able to tag WW (Pre Flashpoint, Flashpoint, Post Flashpoint, Injustice comics, Justice League Unlimited, etc)

Also how is underwater speed irrelevant since the second fight is in the middle of Atlantic?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Man I posted but there's something wrong with Comicvine as people mentioned in other threads...I posted again after that.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Yeah but AQ blitzed WW after she attacked him first from behind. There was no surprise there. And he also showed similar speed two more times against Ocean Master. Furthermore how do you even surprise Superman with all his super senses? Aquaman was right in front of him when he punched him (granted covered in flames but still Superman's vision can casually see through that).

And WW has always been shown as at least able to tag Superman in combat, and this hasn't change in the New 52.

Also how is underwater speed irrelevant since the second fight is in the middle of Atlantic?

I thought the OP said Atlantic City, Apologies.

All of his speed showings are unquantifiable, they only show him moving at blur speed, I agree he's fast but character's that aren't as fast as Aquaman such as Hulk do the same thing.

Wonder Woman has never been as fast Superman despite what Dwayne McDuffie tried to sell us, she can tag him but if he's serious he outclasses her. New 52 Wonder Woman doesn't have any speed showings on the level of New 52 Superman.

Superman shouldn't get tagged by anyone with all the speed he has, but writer's still need to tell a story, they can't have the entire series consisting of him avoiding his opponents and blitzing them, not to mention Superman didn't actually expect his team mate to attack him

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By comicfan11

@dondave: Heh no problem,

I agree on many of your points, but the fact is WW in continuity has been consistently shown as able to tag Supes. Also I agree that WW does not have that many speed feats in New 52 but she did manage to tag Superman (in the GL vs WW fight during the Graves storyline) and managed to lasso Supergirl (H'el story arc).

Past and present continuity (no matter of our personal opinions) has established that WW can tag Supes.

And AQ casually tags WW every time they fight , in every continuity so far.

Of course Superman should still be the fastest (on land), but Aquaman has also tanked hits from WW. He will last a while and land some hits (fewer than Supes will land of course - on land), which due to the trident's magic nature could hurt (even a little) Clark.

My point is no matter who wins between AQ and JMS Supes (who is not as fast as New 52 Supes anyway), it will be after a fight.