• 123 results
BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BoringPerson

Poll New 52 Aquaman vs Captain Marvel Carol Danvers (70 votes)

Arthur Curry 50%
Carol Danvers 41%
It's a toss up 9%

In a forest a quarter mile from the shoreline.
Marvel thinks Aquaman is a genocidal psychopath trying to sink a nearby cruise ship filled with the elderly.
Aquaman thinks Marvel is a genocidal psychopath trying to stop him from saving the same nearby cruise ship.

Whatever morals that apply. In character.

• 
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 That isn't Carol tanking punches from Abomination, it's her being ragdolled by Abomination. She was Binary when Thanos punched her. Not a usable feat here

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Experio

@agent41: Nothing you wrote countered the advantages she has over him and the more effective attacks highlighted on Cap.Marvel's side, something tells me that post wasn't targeted to me but you decided to tag my name anyway.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Experio

@czarny_samael666: Not much quantifiable ones but enough to say the energy blasts can damage Aquaman, and KO him with a prolonged period of time.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Aquaman has rather good showings against heat/energy beams/lightning.

Plus, as per OP, after a few minutes Aquaman will start getting desperate. Gotta save those elderly people, you know

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Experio

@agent41: How about we put aside 'lies' before we carry on.

And since you enjoy putting words in people's mouth, lets start with you quoting the comment in which I assumed Carol would blitz.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Experio
Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Experio

@agent41: The lie in Post #104 when you stated: 'but then you assume that carol would speed blitz'

If you recall a statement that indicated that I presume she would blitz then quote, otherwise you intentionally wrote I did without any such accusations being made - As known as lying

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Experio

@agent41: Flying faster =/= Speed blitz.

You clarified with false suppositions since the user who assumed was misdirected.

Which is why in my previous post I assumed the comment you included with various users wasn't suppose to target me.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Experio

@agent41:

1. Never said she does.

2. Nobody claimed speed blitz wasn't attacking at high speeds.

3. Don't start with a 'no' as if there was anything in my post you corrected, the sign I wrote signifies that flying faster and speed blitz are too different things.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By New_World_Order

@agent41 said:

@New_World_Order said:

@juiceboks said:

@agent41 said:

@juiceboks: she absorbed energy from a black hole to go into binary,she can't go into binary at will,she has never been able to do it and still can't.

She didn't absorb energy from a black hole..that doesn't even make sense.

Is it even possible to absorb energy from a black hole?

it's comic world after all,she was close to one when she turned binary,she has been hit by energy in the last year but she didn't turn into binary so based on what are we supposed to asume that she can become binary at will when it only happended under very specifict circunstances?.

I see

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't actually think Carol speedtackling Aquaman would be a good thing...

I mean that just removes her range/flight advantage...

I think we can all agree that Carol wouldn't go binary for a majority against a mid tier character like Aquaman. She doesn't seem to do so unless she believes she's harshly overmatched.

Anything I said particularly controversial?

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: I do this from my cell phone but I will try to find a way...but if you look on line...there are images of her using her incredible flight speed to bull run others...though I truly feel Aquaman moves and reacts at very high speeds himself...I just don't know how much...but some can use Aquaman feats of him reacting to other fighters with speed as reference...its not exactly like Carol is moving at light speed or above which is what Arthur deals with on a daily in the DC universe lol...

Also the continent busting feats was against the dead king who has an continent busting attack...which he ultimately used to bring down the seven kindoms of Atlantis..this is demonstrated in issue #24 on page 14...the force he used to spike his trident in the ground was amazing and Aquaman was able to out right stop it from happening again by catching the dead kings as he did it again..in issue 25 on the 13th page...give or take...I don't count the advertisement pages...anyway...check it out.

1.FLight speed - I am talking about fight speed.

2.DC characters very rarely uses FTL speed, even less in fights.

3.Aquaman #24?

@agent41 said:

@blackice709: @erkan12: @demonknights: @czarny_samael666: @experio: assume you say,and why should we assume that she is close to his strength on land?,he is way above 100 tons on land andshe ha never done anything to suggest she is as strong as he is on land let alone stronger,she had to absorb a nuke before she hit sentrey,before the sacn with sentrey there is an scan where she is seen absorbing the nuke,she never punches as super speed,she has like 3 or 4 feats where she flys at her opponent at super speed and that's it,it's totally in her character to brawl,aquaman took a hit from new 52 Wonder Woman when he was on land and we know that new 52 Wonder Woman>>>>>>>>>>>>carol,i don't see her energy blasts putting him down because her blasts have never ever KO any mid tier.

1.When I have said that she is clos to his strength? I aksed why do You belive that he is 100.000 tonner.

2.I don't know why YOu put my nick there. I was pretty much saying the same thing.

3.Taking a hit from other character doesn't mean that this character was giving everything he/she has. Winning a fight, sometimes stalemating it say so. It is irrelevant.

@experio said:

@czarny_samael666: Not much quantifiable ones but enough to say the energy blasts can damage Aquaman, and KO him with a prolonged period of time.

That is the point. If she ever KOd some superhuman with it, then I would ask Aquaman's fans for posting him resisting any energy projection. Before that, this energy blasts are useless on battle forum. IDK if she did something like that or not BTW.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok...excellent points dude...no I have nothing on her actuacl attack, combat speed...but she does utilize her flight speed into a fight like a bullet attack...

To your second point....I was actually generalizing and somewhat being sarcastic about how DC characters push FTL speed characters like Superman, WW, Flash,etc...heck the speed god himself Wally moves, according to some Planck time speed....but it is cool though..

Finally, yes it's in Aquaman #24....

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CM for the stomp. Binary form at will, 100 tonner strength and flight insures the battle. She could beat WW.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@69ball-z-deep: You really think she'd go Binary in character to stop Aquaman?

When she hasn't vs Hulk/Sentry lots of people vastly superior to Aquaman?

Okay. I guess people are allowed to have opinions.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I hear Aquaman tanked a continent buster it makes me wonder if Darkseid making an appearance in the new 52 was a continent busting attack since it one shotted Aquaman lol.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even reading the torrent for the dead king feat I do not feel that Arthur actually tanked a continent busting attack. If he did tank the impact, the earth would still be sunk underwater from the force of impact. The only defense is 'magic' which is how Arthur can jump miles at a bound like Hulk without leveling entire city blocks to do so.

This also makes the feat not able to demonstrate quadrillion ton impacts, as the trident was a magic artifact, whose power was magical and not kinetic. Unless a science based character like Carol Danvers is now throwing magic punches, Arthur will take hits like he usually does from class 100s on land. Unless some sorry writers feel the need t put him above Wonder Woman again.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Toss up but tending slightly towards Carol

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

carol wins on land.

Aquaman wins in water.

simple

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump. I think carol wins convincingly now, she slows down the descent of a city sized celestial in recent avengers #1.

aquaman have nothing going for him, Carol is stronger, faster, strike harder, flight and energy blast, she's also pretty skilled