#1 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

the epic battle of demons..

who would win in a battle between the Prince of Lies and He who holds the Darkness???

all comments are welcome..
#2 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP..

#3 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Chthon.

#4 Edited by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

The Guy responsible for vampires, werewolves and all creatures of the Dark..... (Chthon wins because of pure  power and black and chaos magic )
Neron is a plot driven character....the power and prosperity of his realm was dependent on the state of the world of the living.....
Like Alice beyond the looking glass.... (Neron, unlike Chthon, is not a  constant power, his power is directly affected by the geo-political changes of Hell, and Hell is affected by spiritual changes that people go through on  Earth, whether they be good or bad, like the way a moon effects tidal changes on Earth, ergo Neron's  power level is in constant flux.... )

#5 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm???

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
stalemate
#7 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenDark said:
" The Guy responsible for vampires, werewolves and all creatures of the Dark..... Neron is a plot driven character....the power and prosperity of his realm was dependent on the state of the world of the living..... Like Alice beyond the looking glass.... "
haha uh what?
#8 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

i also don't know who to choose..

The Lord of Hell..

or He who Creeps Furtively behind the feet of GOD..

but i have to admit, Chthon seems to be the badder of the two.. and his descriptions are spine-tingling..  ^__^
#9 Posted by Xi Felix (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Chthon.
#10 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards Chthon.....more specifics for the battle would have been nice.

#11 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pheonix of the white throne said:
" @King Saturn said:
"stalemate "
Agreed but im more leading to chthon "
well if you are leaning towards Chthon... you are thinking this isnt quite a stalemate right...
#12 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pheonix of the white throne said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Pheonix of the white throne said:
" @King Saturn said:
"stalemate "
Agreed but im more leading to chthon "
well if you are leaning towards Chthon... you are thinking this isnt quite a stalemate right... "
im thinking it could go either way just more towards chthon so your right it isnt a stalemate  "
alrighty
#13 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

here are some great scans of the two..

Neron, the Lord of Hell and the Devil himself

Chthon, the Demon among demons and the shadow that creeps under the feet of God
#14 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

heres the full scan of that image^

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1252375-drstrangesorcerersupre90_03.jpg

#16 Edited by Killemall (18288 posts) - - Show Bio

Chthon

Neron while very impressive during Underworld Unleashed, and claimed he could grant anyone any wish hasnt performed any feat that puts him at or above Elder God level that i can recall. He saw Spectre as the biggest threat and instead of fighting him head on decided to offer Spectre a chance to be unbound, which while Jim Corrigan reject, the spirit accepted. He didnt do anything to put him as powerful as an elder god (of course being weaker than Spectre doesnt automatically make you weaker than elder gods, just making sure thats not what people interpreted). So this was where Neron appeared as a true bad a$$ but has insufficient feats.

But his appearances after that hasn't been as impressive. He did not do anything impressive in the next crossover he appeared in (Day of Judgement) and got stomped by Hal Jordan (as Spectre). His next appearance in Reign in Hell, he got outright killed by Lady Blaze who in turns gets defeated by Dr. Fate (Kent V Nelson).

In line with his performance after Underworld Unleased, i would see any elder gods (not withstanding those who got outright erased out of existence by David Heller) as a more powerful than Neron.

P.S. I cant believe , until recently i thought Neron and Nekron were the same entity, before CitizenBane correct me :p , note so self, one goddamn K in the middle of a name , makes all the difference :p

#17 Edited by XiiX (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Actually, Neron was killed by Satanus in a duel over the infernal dominion; During the entirety of their confrontation, Neron was effectively manhandling Satanus(even though Blaze had previously lent Satanus her power for the fight, so Neron was contending with the COMBINED power of Satanus and Lady Blaze). Neron spent the whole fight taunting, mocking, and basically toying with Satanus. Right before Neron strikes the killing blow, Satanus triggers the airborne viral drug his troops had been spreading under the guise of war(DMN) with the word "Shazam". This essentially depowers Neron(and almost all of hell's citizens), leaving Neron vulnerable to beheading.

#18 Posted by Outside_85 (8170 posts) - - Show Bio

While Neron is the Prince of Lies and such, he has a nasty habit of tripping over his own feet right at the finish line, meaning he often ends up being outwitted.

#19 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

neron.

#20 Edited by XiiX (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

1Up.