• 62 results
#1 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Neo take on Superman in the Matrix? Is Supermans Kryptonian comprehension enough to figure out what it takes to do the things neo does?

what do you say?

#2 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

No he won't be able to do things in the matrix that neo can do and if he is in a matrix setting he won't need to because he lives in the matrix... He wouldn't win because of his drastic power decreases

#3 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont underestimate a Kryptonians brain capacity

#4 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

but he wouldn't be able to learn that quick

#5 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

thats the exact thing, i think its possible watch

#6 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"thats the exact thing, i think its possible watch

"
the matrix is much more complicated than mathematics
#7 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats what the Matrix is all about

#8 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
"Thats what the Matrix is all about
"
not really...
#9 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

If his brain is enough to figure out how much beans are in a jar without even looking at them then i say He'll figure this out aswell
#10 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this fight

#11 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio

"
20 x 16 x 10 = 3200
#12 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
"

If his brain is enough to figure out how much beans are in a jar without even looking at them then i say He'll figure this out aswell
"
he can't see that when he is in the matrix and all the code says is what everything looks like and stuff
#13 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
Twilight Man said:
"Dr. Victor von Doom said:

"
20 x 16 x 10 = 3200
"
1/20 of an ounce and the jar = 12 pounds, = capacity of 2 pounds
#14 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio
"
If his brain is enough to figure out how much beans are in a jar without even looking at them then i say He'll figure this out aswell"
Don't say that. After all, the result Superman gave was 10 times too high after all xD
#15 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
Light said:
"

"
he can't see that when he is in the matrix and all the code says is what everything looks like and stuff"
Say if superman came into the matrix... he would be powerless?
#16 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
"Light said:
"

"
he can't see that when he is in the matrix and all the code says is what everything looks like and stuff"
Say if superman came into the matrix... he would be powerless?
"
most likely not because he is in the matrix by definition
#17 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly, so he would have the power he wanted too and since, he once knew limits, he is now able to break them, leaving Neo helpless ;)

Ps: No figuring out anything :P

#19 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

That Imbecile didnt read the whole thing this is the summary and you read carefully

1/20*200*10*16*20 tell me what you come out with ;) and to my equation that = 32,000

#20 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

Math is fun!

#21 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

That the truth

#22 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess the clever guy aint so clever after all

Doom Superior, CG inferior!

#23 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
"Exactly, so he would have the power he wanted too and since, he once knew limits, he is now able to break them, leaving Neo helpless ;)

Ps: No figuring out anything :P
"
but who would tell him?? he would probably just think Neo is a super villain and in the real world I can't say he has powers
#24 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman doesnt realize that the matrix simply goes by thought than he would have his normal powers anyways making it pretty cool fight

#25 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

In which Neo would lose

#26 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

exactly

#27 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
Wisppeons said:
"In which Neo would lose"
don't know that man... supes don't know kung fu and neo has a bit of reality warping abilities in the matrix
#28 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
supertrooper117 said:
"Wisppeons said:
"In which Neo would lose"
don't know that man... supes don't know kung fu and neo has a bit of reality warping abilities in the matrix"
But not against entities
#29 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

yes what makes you think that??

#30 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Free will and yadda yadda

#31 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
"Free will and yadda yadda
"
doesn't stop him from stopping bullets and sword impacts though the sword should have cut his hand right off
#32 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

If you get into a fist fight in the matrix, the only way to lose is to be convinced that you are losing, and vice versa

#33 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

not necessarily.... You can be physically beaten... the mind can only take soo much punishment

#34 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

and thats exactly the case, Superman has more comprehension than a normal human being like Neo

#35 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

neo isn't a normal human being

#36 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

He is, only because he's the chosen one doesnt make him physically diffrent or did he have some hunchback i wasnt aware of?

#37 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

uhhh remember what was said about the sword... it didn't cut through his hand and the punches from agent smith would have broke his bones if he were human.

#38 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio
"That Imbecile didnt read the whole thing this is the summary and you read carefully

1/20*200*10*16*20 tell me what you come out with ;) and to my equation that = 32,000"
I blame the units, they confused me ;P
#39 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

just try them out cant be that hard look it up on the net

#40 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
supertrooper117 said:
"uhhh remember what was said about the sword... it didn't cut through his hand and the punches from agent smith would have broke his bones if he were human."
Because Neo didnt want it to, if you are in realization of those things, you can turn them agaisnt the user/wielder
#41 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
"supertrooper117 said:
"uhhh remember what was said about the sword... it didn't cut through his hand and the punches from agent smith would have broke his bones if he were human."
Because Neo didnt want it to, if you are in realization of those things, you can turn them agaisnt the user/wielder
"
exactly which means this fight would come down too h2h and neo would win
#42 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

How Superman is def the better H2H combatant

#43 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

neo knows like every form of karate

#44 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

and thats gonna hurt Supes how?

#45 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

because he thinks he can hurt supes

#46 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

and naturally supes thinks he cant hurt him

#47 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
supertrooper117 said:
"because he thinks he can hurt supes"
Oh and btw, if you see superman, do you *really* think you can hurt him!? lol Neo sure wont lol
#48 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
"supertrooper117 said:
"because he thinks he can hurt supes"
Oh and btw, if you see superman, do you *really* think you can hurt him!? lol Neo sure wont lol
"
lol well if I had the powers Neo had and read superman as much as neo did (very little if any) yeah I would think I could hurt him
#49 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically, someone that cant punch through a wall (neo) could fight someone that can push planets, is that what your trying to tell me right now ;)

#50 Edited by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio

I've explained this on another thread, but the Matrix is not like the dreamworld where you can just give yourself powers with a thought. Otherwise any freed person would make what Freddy Krueger does look like child's play. It's more comparable to a video game. You have a character representing you (in Matrix case it's themselves). It has rules and laws that are enforced. After learning about the truth of the Matrix, you can bend the rules of the Matrix by going beyond what you thought were your limits and making yourself more powerful (like a video game). However you're going to need a lot of special training to pull it off, and you still have to obey the rules of the Matrix.

Neo can do what he does because he's the prophecy of a savior who would possess great powers and ultimately free humanity from the machines. It's the reason Morpheus spent so long trying to find him. Take a look at the ending of Matrix Reloaded and all of Revolutions. Neo's powers were spreading to his real life counterpart. He definitely has something in him that no one else does. Now if Superman, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Xavier or whoever else are fighting say Freddy Krueger in the dreamworld instead. Then yeah their strong will would give them the ability to grant them whatever powers they want and lay waste to Freddy. In the Matrix it's a different story however. You can have all the strong will you want and it will help you as much as it helped Morpheus and Trinity over the years.