User Lists: 0

Poll Neo vs Man of Steel (298 votes)

Neo 46%
Superman 54%

Rules:

• In character
  • No preparation
  • Start 50 meters apart
  • Fight is in harsh rainy weather (because Neo looks badass in rain) in Metropolis
  • Neo has all of his powers as if he were in the Matrix
  • Neo is NOT aloud to phase through Superman and blow him up as seen in the first film

VS

Who wins? Why?

• 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Man of Steel stomps.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Emperorb777

Superman stomp

Neo cant harm Superman in the slightest while Superman doesn't have that problem.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Neo showed that he is capable of wrecking cities on his last fight against Smith. If we add that he proved to be a much better fighter, im sure that he can win against Supes

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo showed that he is capable of wrecking cities on his last fight against Smith. If we add that he proved to be a much better fighter, im sure that he can win against Supes

No way. Neo was tossed trough a building by Smith and was coughing up blood, Neo also at one point was tired. Superman spend half the movie fighting superpowered aliens who toss him trough buildings, getting shot at and managed to crush the world engine machine thing by flying straight trough that gravity beam and in the end he didn't seem to break a sweat. Superman is much more durable than Neo.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is too strong for Neo...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Neo is getting some massive lowballing here or Superman is getting a lot of wankage.

I'd give Superman strength and versatility but Neo is faster and a better martial artist.

Durability wise, Neo isn't a slouch either. He was trading massive punches with the Smith in their final fight, punched Smith into the road with minimal effort. I'd say it's pretty close.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wardemon32

@monsterstomp:

Neo isn't faster than Superman. Now the durability. Superman never really got hurt in that movie and he was getting pounded into concrete.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MonsterStomp

@wardemon32: Neo is faster, did you watch Reloaded where he was tearing up city blocks through flight? Superman did kind of stagger a little after him and Zod flew threw a gas station. Neo's combat speed can turn into a blur.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wardemon32

@monsterstomp:

I watched the movie agian the otehr day and Superman flew from Space to Earth(Keep in mind he had to slow himself down to get lois) in 21 seconds I believe.

Straynger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those little slow mo kung fu movie things were good looking in the movies. The "bullet time" feats were spectacular, on a human level. Superman would blitz the plot right out of Neo. Curbstomp, Superman.

Djangophile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Djangophile

I'm not a physics expert, but how fast does something need to fly to trail cars and trucks in its wake? If Neos powers are the same in the real world as they are inside the matrix, then he can bend reality to his will. Superman fanboys please sit down, Neo takes this in a curbstomp even without his reality bending powers. Inside the Matrix, Smith and Neo were Gods. If his powers are the same outside, he is still God. This is like Superman trying to fight Beyonder in his own realm.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'm not a physics expert, but how fast does something need to fly to trail cars and trucks in its wake? If Neos powers are the same in the real world as they are inside the matrix, then he can bend reality to his will. Superman fanboys please sit down, Neo takes this in a curbstomp even without his reality bending powers. Inside the Matrix, Smith and Neo were God. If his powers are the same outside, he is still God. This is like Superman trying to fight Beyonder in his own realm.

You're completely overestimating Neo.

Straynger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a physics expert, but how fast does something need to fly to trail cars and trucks in its wake? If Neos powers are the same in the real world as they are inside the matrix, then he can bend reality to his will. Superman fanboys please sit down, Neo takes this in a curbstomp even without his reality bending powers. Inside the Matrix, Smith and Neo were Gods. If his powers are the same outside, he is still God. This is like Superman trying to fight Beyonder in his own realm.

Neo has some seriously awesome feats, compared to humans. Next to Superman they are just blah. If Superman was in "The Matrix" it would have been one movie, not a trilogy.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Bump. Going with neo. Wasn't he near lightspeed at the end of seris (That timestop punch?)

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supe's.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Serious thought, the only reason that Neo would lose this fight is that he most likely couldn't hurt Superman.

After Smith Spiked him into the ground, Neo was running on empty. Also, Neo could still be harmed by edged weapons and Bullets (even though he could stop bullets)

His powers didn't change between Reloaded and Revolutions aside from him being able to affect things outside of the matrix. Smith was the only one that got a major power upgrade. Which is why Neo could handle mutliple Smiths in Reloaded, but 1 was enough to stalemate him in Revolutions.

Superman never once took real damage in the Man of Steel.

Neo's Biggest advatage his that he is 10 times the fighter. His only shot would be to do something that killed him instantly. Like countering into a neck break. Or trying to stop his heart with a crazy powerful punch. But I just don't see that happening.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

Neo isn't faster than Superman. Now the durability. Superman never really got hurt in that movie and he was getting pounded into concrete.

Didn't neo's punch to smith look like the time had stopped? Superman didn't really show anything close to that speed iirc..

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cream_God

Superman....but did anyone else notice the more the matrix movies went on, the uglier neos GF became?

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wasn't Neo able to manipulate the Matrix by being "The One?" He could see the Matrix and use it to his advantage in the first movie. So, if that's transferred to the real world, then doesn't that mean he has some, limited form of reality warping? I feel like that's the exact kind of powers Superman can't deal with, much less Man of Steel.

Djangophile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo is too intelligent to lose a battle against Cavil's version of Superman. Not only that, but he took almost no damage at all during his final battle upon hitting the ground so hard that a solid portion of the city scape was destroyed.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32 said:

@monsterstomp:

Didn't neo's punch to smith look like the time had stopped? Superman didn't really show anything close to that speed iirc..

I don't think their punches stopped time, it looked like their punches were creating massive shockwaves. No one in MoS was dealing punches that strong.

Avatar image for godemperorofmankind
GodEmperorOfMankind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo wins.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If Neo is in the Matrix, he stomps effortlessly, he was somehow omnipotent, limited just by his believes.... Don't be ridiculous... Neo was indeed more powerful than Superman.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Djangophile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Djangophile

Neo with all of his powers outside of the matrix is a reality warper with a god like IQ and combat experience, one that can fly fast enough to trail cars and debris in his wake, survive partial city shattering impacts and is can easily jump inside Superman and take him over. Topic rule said he cant blow him up, but since Superman is not the Oricle or the Source, he can probably do exactly the same thing Smith did and just take him over by jumping into him. Neo in the final battle from the 3rd movie was not the same as he was prior to that. He went from getting harmed by knives to surviving an impact that shattered a few city blocks with no exterior damage.

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By niBBit

@ghostravage said:

If Neo is in the Matrix, he stomps effortlessly, he was somehow omnipotent, limited just by his believes.... Don't be ridiculous... Neo was indeed more powerful than Superman.

Neo is anything but omnipotent. If Neo was omnipotent meaning he could do anything he wanted then why could't he escape Mobil Ave on his own? or why could't he locate the Merovingian on his own when he escaped and asking Link to locate him. Why did he fly instead of teleporting to Trinity when she was falling. Why bother fighting the Exiles or Agents in the first place when he can/should be able to erase them. Neo has shown that he can be hurt by weapons like when 1 Exile attacked him with a sword and Neo blocked it with his hands and was bleeding from it to witch the Merovingian replied ''You see he is just a man''

Or when Oracle Smith trew him into a brick wall, Neo was bleeding and was visible hurt from it. Or when Oracle Smith used his final atack on Neo, sending them both plummeting to the ground, creating a hugh shockwave and destroying everything around it, Neo was hurt so bad that he had trouble getting up. In the end Neo LOST the fight against Oracle Smith and gave himself over. Oracle Smith absorbed him witch then resetted the Matrix and Smith was no more. Hardly omnipotent if you ask me. Neo has limits in the Matrix, he can't do ANYTHING he wants. he can bend the Matrix to his will by some degree. He's not almighty.

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By captnmcdeadpool

Exactly. Neo for the win.

Djangophile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Djangophile

This almost knocked Superman OUT COLD. I can see Neo teasing him and bullying him as a form of mind games and Superman just falling to his knees and crying, furrowing his brow and stressing out like a little kid who didn't take his ADHD meds that day.

No Caption Provided

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thanosii

Neo has the speed advantage here and his blows have greater damage output he also a martial arts expert, Zod had his neck broken so Clark IS vulnerable. Neo blitzes him and breaks his neck, end of fight

Or he just phases his and crushes mos brain as he did with trinity

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

@wardemon32 said:

@monsterstomp:

I don't think their punches stopped time, it looked like their punches were creating massive shockwaves. No one in MoS was dealing punches that strong.

Well, obviously. Punches don't stop time lol

What I meant was they were fighting so fast that rest of the world (at least the raindrops) looked still. Found it:

Loading Video...

And those shockwaves were awesome (I can't upload images?)

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This almost knocked Superman OUT COLD. I can see Neo teasing him and bullying him as a form of mind games and Superman just falling to his knees and crying, furrowing his brow and stressing out like a little kid who didn't take his ADHD meds that day.

No Caption Provided

So crashing into a mountain, and flying through the world machine while being weakened failed to K.O Supes, while this wouldn't? You're making wild assumptions seeing that we've seen him take way more damage in the film.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MonsterStomp

@princearagorn1: Interesting. I thought the rain drops were just moving in slow motion but the droplets look still as the punch cuts through it. Also, agreed on the shockwaves. They were awesome.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp

In MoS their blows were dealing shock waves, especially when Clark broke Zod's neck. For one in Matrix revolution the weather conditions were different, the rain droplets exploded outwards which caused those awesome explosive effects, the water gave those shock waves more definition, while in MoS, there was no inclement weather, therefore the shock waves lacked more definition, yet they were clearly observable.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MonsterStomp

@x_insignia1: I honestly can't recall punches in MoS with that much power. Clark snapped Zod's neck like any other mortal man. I could be wrong but I'll need to review the film again.

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo can reality warp.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo can reality warp.

I don't think he has shown such power.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_insignia1: I honestly can't recall punches in MoS with that much power. Clark snapped Zod's neck like any other mortal man. I could be wrong but I'll need to review the film again.

eh, most of Zod's and Clarks' fight produced shock waves, and yeah, it would be good to review their battle scenes again.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

eh, most of Zod's and Clarks' fight produced shock waves, and yeah, it would be good to review their battle scenes again.

I know the rain in the Matrix made it clear on how big the shockwaves could reach, but they also had a lot of power. Seen when Neo and Smith proceed to fight in the air for the first time. That shockwave was enough to shatter the windows on the nearby buildings.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By X_insignia1

@monsterstomp

When Clark, and Zod collided, the shock wave not only shattered windows, but also caused a huge crater in the sky scrape building, that eventually collapsed.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_insignia1: My point is, the fight is definitely debatable, contrary to the people saying mos superman stomps in the both threads. Neo has near light speed combat reflexes, and is durable enough to withstand the same. (End seris, in the second part, though, a few dozen normal agent level smith was giving him trouble, which he should handle pretty easily if he fights at Ls) His flight speed is not slow either (adding the fly-the-cars-for-free scene just to make it sound cooler)

Loading Video...

Most importantly, he's far better fighter than kent. I really loved the mos movie, (come on, we all know superman needed a good one).

But I don't think superman surpasses neo with what he has shown. After mos sequels, maybe. But not right now. It's basically two people with nearly equal stats, but one being master of many different fighting styles and other not..

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MonsterStomp

@x_insignia1 said:

@monsterstomp

When Clark, and Zod collided, the shock wave not only shattered windows, but also caused a huge crater in the sky scrape building, that eventually collapsed.

I just reviewed the fight scene between Superman and Zod and I didn't realize they were trading powerful blows either. Though Zod didn't really deliver blows as powerful as Superman. In this case, Neo can also deliver such blows.

EDIT: Scratch that, Zod was dealing blows that powerful. This could be close.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_insignia1: My point is, the fight is definitely debatable, contrary to the people saying mos superman stomps in the both threads. Neo has near light speed combat reflexes, and is durable enough to withstand the same. (End seris, in the second part, though, a few dozen normal agent level smith was giving him trouble, which he should handle pretty easily if he fights at Ls) His flight speed is not slow either (adding the fly-the-cars-for-free scene just to make it sound cooler)

Loading Video...

Most importantly, he's far better fighter than kent. I really loved the mos movie, (come on, we all know superman needed a good one).

But I don't think superman surpasses neo with what he has shown. After mos sequels, maybe. But not right now. It's basically two people with nearly equal stats, but one being master of many different fighting styles and other not..

How does that indicate he's anywhere close to ftl? super-sonic? most likely, ftl? no, for one those bullets would of most likely appeared frozen if he were ftl, or anywhere close. Secondly a sonic boom could cause a similar effect. If you seen the film 'Stealth" when the pilot began to fly low it began destroying the houses around him. in MoS clark is definitely supersonic considering the sonic boom scene.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_insignia1: I didn't say he was ftl. I said his combat speed is near light speed at the end of seris, from that punch, when the rain drops aren't moving.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This video show's how much impact fighting ability has here. Faora is a member of Zod's military campaign, so it's safe to say that she is a superior fighter than Clark. Notice how her first shockwave hook not only had Clark dazed but the shockwave itself didn't move any debris.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_insignia1: I didn't say he was ftl. I said his combat speed is near light speed at the end of seris, from that punch, when the rain drops aren't moving.

I've seen the scene, however that could still well be under light speed, and closer to supersonic.Considering his consistent combat speed feats, the majority of the fight they weren't that fast.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By X_insignia1

@monsterstomp said:
Loading Video...

This video show's how much impact fighting ability has here. Faora is a member of Zod's military campaign, so it's safe to say that she is a superior fighter than Clark. Notice how her first shockwave hook not only had Clark dazed but the shockwave itself didn't move any debris.

Yeah, she is a superior fighter, but considering how far he was pushed back compared to him and Zod's battle, she didn't hit him very hard. He seemed more shocked by her battle skill.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ghostrider2

Neo wins...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

I've seen the scene, however that could still well be under light speed, and closer to supersonic.Considering his consistent combat speed feats, the majority of the fight they weren't that fast.

Well under, even if we assume a tenth, or a hundredth, or a thousandth of light speed, he is way beyond supersonic.. (a thousandth of ls is around mach 900..)