#1 Posted by Thewhiteronin (727 posts) - - Show Bio

Both teams have their signature equipment and victory is through death, KO, or BFR. This is a random encounter, both teams start 50 feet away from each other and are fighting on an abandoned airstrip.

Mantis: http://marvel.wikia.com/Mantis_(Earth-616)

Gamora: http://marvel.wikia.com/Gamora_(Earth-616)

Zealot: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Zannah_of_Khera_(Earth-50)

Nemesis: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Lady_Charis_(Earth-50)

#2 Posted by NeonGameWave (9141 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 murders.

#3 Posted by Stompa (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave said:

Team 1 murders.

I agree that Team 1 propably wins but i don´t think it´s murder or stomp. This should be a hard fought battle.

#4 Posted by NeonGameWave (9141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stompa: It would be an interesting fight but Nemesis alone has many abilities and weapons that outclass Team 2 such as a sword that can cut through anything and she can create force fields. Also due to being a Coda warrior would work really well with Zealot in regards to team coordination and team work.

#5 Posted by Stompa (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave: Well but Mantis and Gamorra where together at the GotG so in the teamwork department i don´t see anybody at an advantage....not that this should be a factor with Gamorra and Zealot not being the biggest teamplayer i think. Yeah Nemesis creation blades are definetly a big advantage and are a reason for team 1 to win.

#6 Posted by sandiego008 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

I was actually leaning towards team 2 due to mantis ...

#7 Posted by Thewhiteronin (727 posts) - - Show Bio

Last bump!

#8 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1: The Coda don't F##k around.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Team 1 have resistance to TP?

#10 Posted by robertloucksjr (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

Mantis and Gamora. People don't realize how tough Gamora is as she has been physically enhanced (4 tonner or so with enhanced speed and a healing factor) as well as her immense knowledge of a large section of the galaxies h2h and weapon disciplines. She fought Ronan to a standstill and was ready to kill an Annihilus controlled Terrax using Godslayer her own magic sword. Mantis has her own TP along with Psychokinesis and Chlorokinesis (plant control).

#11 Posted by sandiego008 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: @NeonGameWave: I don't think people realize how strong mantis is ... she has taken out Scarlet Witch, Black panther, Vision, Iron man and thor at the same time. She outclasses the zealots unless you think they can do that. And if you think they can, I would like proof.

Mantis also has tangled and faired quite well against a clone thanos not just in H2H but on the astral plane as well. Something the coda don't have a prayer of doing.

#12 Posted by Hyperlight (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

team 1 is physically superior and collectively has more experience. Mantis isthe problem.... not so much Gamora. Im going with team 1

#13 Posted by sandiego008 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: Did you read the feats I posted for mantis? Mantis is head over heals above the coda, to the extent that I believe this might be spite.

#14 Posted by robertloucksjr (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight said:

team 1 is physically superior and collectively has more experience. Mantis isthe problem.... not so much Gamora. Im going with team 1

Physically superior to Gamora? Ronan 60 tonner in armor, Rage 75 tonner when calm. Tanks dismantled?

#15 Posted by Hyperlight (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr: damn. didnt know she had it like that lol. she beat ronan? is that PIS?

#16 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5683 posts) - - Show Bio
@sandiego008

@Hyperlight: Did you read the feats I posted for mantis? Mantis is head over heals above the coda, to the extent that I believe this might be spite.

He didn't and as much as I like Zealot, team 2 probably wins this. Galaxy wide martial arts knowledge, cybernetic enhancements and GodSlayer sword aren't anything to laugh at.
#17 Posted by robertloucksjr (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight said:

@robertloucksjr: damn. didnt know she had it like that lol. she beat ronan? is that PIS?

She did not beat him. They basically fought to a standstill. She has been enhanced by Thanos. I think she is basically a stronger (5 tonner?) faster Mantis with a magic sword and no TP

#18 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr: I find it funny that you want to boast of Gamora's stats but your image of her taking down Rage isn't through overpowering him (neither is the one with Ronan, that's just more strikes), but by hitting a nerve center. Nerve strikes show skill and accuracy, not equal strength as whoever they're being used on. Of the two on her team, Mantis is why I'd consider team 2, not Gamora.

Also, somebody said something about team work. That easily goes to the Wildstorm pair. Gamora and Mantis being on the same team for a little while doesn't measure up to a teacher and her student who have fought together (on the same side or as enemies) for thousands of years, and who can hold conversations with each other through the attacks and defense of combat. Mantis again may help her team match up if her telepathy allows some sort of syncing up, but at base, the Coda warriors are easily a better team.

#19 Posted by robertloucksjr (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: Here you go.

#20 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr: That...changes absolutely nothing. So she has fancy bones, doesn't necessarily make her as strong as the people she fights, just like the girls on team 1 being generally bullet proof doesn't instantly make them stronger than everyone they come across. Additionally, the swords on their team would show that "nearly indestructible" is not the same as "indestructible".

#21 Posted by ThanoStomp (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Zealot and Nemesis both have "some" level of mental abilities, Nemesis more so. Certainly not on the level of Mantis. Mantis has repeatedly shown the ability to shut down opponents minds. I don't see anything from the Kherans that would stop that completely, but they may naturally just have a tougher psyche.

I think Team 2 could put up a good fight, but unless Mantis can affect their minds, they go down.

#22 Posted by sandiego008 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

Again I want to stress Mantis has taken out Scarlet Witch, Black panther, Vision, Iron man and thor at the same time. She trained thousands of years like the coda, in pressure point based martial arts. Not to mention mantis body is composed of mental energy, good luck k.o.'ing that considering she can leaver her body and regrow from any plant.

Mantis is the ticket for team 2 to win.

#23 Posted by boschePG (2706 posts) - - Show Bio

Mantis and Gamora will stomp the eternity out of Zealot and nemesis. Mantis has hit Thor and Silver Surfer. She can throw her consciousness across the galaxy. Mantis and Gamora are on Karate Kid kung fu level