• 92 results
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

Armed with rocket launcher and tentacles. Rocket has 5 shots, no reload. This is first form Nemesis.

Armed with shield and handgun. Handgun has 15 rounds and 3 extra clips.

NOTE: I know a lot of you are gonna be quick to say Nemesis, but keep in mind, Captain America, believe it or not, is actually pretty damn close to him in terms of strength. Nemesis was the smartest of the tyrants, at the cost of strength. I'm willing to argue for Cap so don't call this spite.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Floopay

I think captains shield and reflexes will win this for him. Captain America is a war vet, and has actually dealt with rockets being launched at him before. Tentacles as well as his surprising strength, and speed might throw Captain America off in the beginning. But in the end he's dealt with several forces just as scary, and will come through in the end in my opinion.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By slimj87d

A man of Captain America's strength and speed will cause a shield bash more painful than this video here.

I think he could disarm Nemesis, take his rocket launcher and use it against him.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lady_liberty

At first I thought you were talking about the Nemesis that went out with Wonder Woman. I was all excited because I'd never seen him in a battle before! (Because he sucks.)

But anyway, Captain America should take this. His combination of abilities, skills, and equipment let him consistently fight out of his weight class and win.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RyuHayabusa

Cap can take nemesis down.

DrRenekton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DrRenekton

Captain america wins hands down.

Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Montaq

Does anyone have the scan of Cap derailing a train with a shield throw? I wanted to use it to show his strength, but I can't find it. Also, Cap should win.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jeanroygrant

@DrRenekton said:

Captain america wins hands down.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TifaLockhart

Wow. Just wow.

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeathsHead2

WHERE are they fighting? In tight quarters, Nemesis would/could win! FEATS wise, I would put Nemesis @ 5 tons. Cap is MAYBE @ 1 ton, tops.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bo88gdan

Captain america

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DeathsHead2

Obviously, Cap SHOULD take 9/10 fights here, but I can't help but think that in too close, and Nemesis having those tentacles and superior strength, that he could actually take ONE here...

Rhyvurg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rhyvurg

Cap is just to fast, he could shoot Nemesis' eyes out and run circles around him.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

cap doesn't have the strength or the fire power to put Nemesis down for good.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STARS!!!

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DeathsHead2

.... and STRIPES! ;) Tentacles & RPG/Rocket Launcher = a "chance" here, for a Nemesis WIN.

Rhyvurg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rhyvurg

@spiderbat87 said:

cap doesn't have the strength or the fire power to put Nemesis down for good.

His fighting style and the shield let him use his peak-human strength to strike with superhuman force, he does it all the time.

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeathsHead2

Indeed.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Rhyvurg said:

@spiderbat87 said:

His fighting style and the shield let him use his peak-human strength to strike with superhuman force, he does it all the time.

thats irrelevant, even after tanking a lorry sized railing gun Nem  still got back up. 
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By _Zombie_

Shouldn't the Ivan be the smartest of the tyrants?

@spiderbat87 said:

@Rhyvurg said:

@spiderbat87 said:

thats irrelevant, even after tanking a lorry sized railing gun Nem still got back up.

I have to agree here. Nemesis is wicked durable.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By renamed040924

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Shouldn't the Ivan be the smartest of the tyrants?

@spiderbat87 said:

@Rhyvurg said:

@spiderbat87 said:

thats irrelevant, even after tanking a lorry sized railing gun Nem still got back up.

I have to agree here. Nemesis is wicked durable.

Nemesis may of not died, but Jill has knocked him out more then a few times during RE3.

And honestly I doubt Nemesis is above 1 ton. It took him a few good hits to break through that wall in the church when we play as Carlos. That was just a regular old wall.

In fact, Cap may actually be a bit STRONGER.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

CA is a walking talking contradiction.

His powerset should not see him doing half the things he does. Fact is, he knocks out Rhino with a boot to the nose (after softening him up some), KO's Wolverine via shield slam, takes out Thunderstrike in a sparring session, same with Starfox, beats Thunderball from Wrecking Crew quite soundly, Kang the Conquerer quite soundly ... Cap takes out tough, durable hombres far more 'powerful' than him on paper all the time.

He's a thinking man's fighter. He has the toolset to take this bag o stiches to town.

Cap wins.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Nerx

Cap gets a tentacle phallus up his @$$ and out his mouth, people tend to forget that Nemesis can transform/evolve and he can take three rockets to the face before going down.

@Super_SoldierXII: Lets not give him the jobber aura for the sake of fairness

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By TifaLockhart

Oh, don't get me wrong, Captain America will very likely win by KO.

But Nemesis is very, very hard to kill.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By Outside_85

@spiderbat87: Wasnt that his last form? I remember playing that game and Nemesis' first form only took two rockets or something to get rid of.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Outside_85 said:

@spiderbat87: Wasnt that his last form? I remember playing that game and Nemesis' first form only took two rockets or something to get rid of.

yea but like I said Cap don't have the strength to put Nem down for good
SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SexualLobster

who the balls is nemisis?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Outside_85

@SexualLobster: Think of him as Solomon Grundy, just much less brainy.

@spiderbat87: Putting him down for good is practically impossible, since getting up again is one of the things that makes Nemesis a good recurring villain. Putting him down temporarily however should be within Cap's range, since he is not just the average joes Nemesis usually follows around.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Outside_85 said:

@spiderbat87: Putting him down for good is practically impossible, since getting up again is one of the things that makes Nemesis a good recurring villain. Putting him down temporarily however should be within Cap's range, since he is not just the average joes Nemesis usually follows around.

Well STARS aren't exactly your average joe but I see your point but as the OP doesn't stipulate a win then I take it as death and Cap can't do that
cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By cyberninja

Captain America

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By Wyldsong

@spiderbat87 said:

@Outside_85 said:

Well STARS aren't exactly your average joe but I see your point but as the OP doesn't stipulate a win then I take it as death and Cap can't do that

And why would you jump to death as the default if the OP doesn't stipulate what constitutes a win? Just curious, but it would seem that everyone arguing for a KO has just as valid of a belief here, especially considering under the battle forum rules, if the OP doesn't give a whole lot of specifics, there is no default win type listed. Not attacking you here bud, just wanted to point this out.

Personally, I'll take Cap for the win by KO, since that is well within his range.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wyldsong

@Super_SoldierXII said:

CA is a walking talking contradiction.

His powerset should not see him doing half the things he does. Fact is, he knocks out Rhino with a boot to the nose (after softening him up some), KO's Wolverine via shield slam, takes out Thunderstrike in a sparring session, same with Starfox, beats Thunderball from Wrecking Crew quite soundly, Kang the Conquerer quite soundly ... Cap takes out tough, durable hombres far more 'powerful' than him on paper all the time.

He's a thinking man's fighter. He has the toolset to take this bag o stiches to town.

Cap wins.

Very well said=)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Wyldsong said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Outside_85 said:

Well STARS aren't exactly your average joe but I see your point but as the OP doesn't stipulate a win then I take it as death and Cap can't do that

And why would you jump to death as the default if the OP doesn't stipulate what constitutes a win? Just curious, but it would seem that everyone arguing for a KO has just as valid of a belief here, especially considering under the battle forum rules, if the OP doesn't give a whole lot of specifics, there is no default win type listed. Not attacking you here bud, just wanted to point this out.

Personally, I'll take Cap for the win by KO, since that is well within his range.

Because knocking Nem out for a few minets isn't exactly a win, he's just going to get back up and keep coming 
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wyldsong

@spiderbat87 said:

@Wyldsong said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Outside_85 said:

Because knocking Nem out for a few minets isn't exactly a win, he's just going to get back up and keep coming

In a real life sceanrio, that may be true, but this being a battle thread, a KO is a KO my friend. Eventually, everyone will get back up from a KO, some obviously faster than others. But if a KO counts as a win, then Cap knocks him out once, and he wins by that stipulation, regardless of just how long it takes them to get back up. That's just the nature of that particular stipulation.

Lets say you put two people in a circle, and the winner just has to knock the other person out of the circle. The contest doesn't just continue because the party that is knocked out of the circle can just step back into the circle. It's the same principle here with the KO stipulation.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@spiderbat87 said:

@Wyldsong said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Outside_85 said:

A few moments is all it'd take. There's an awful lot someone can do to an oponent in 30 secs let alone a minute or two.

An evil, rank undead thing like Nemesis goes down, I don't think CA's morals are going to get in the way of making sure he stays down. Cap thinks on his feet, he'd realize pretty darn quick what he'd have to do to keep Nemesis from harming innocents. He's no stranger to folks with healing factors and extreme durability.

Before folks go off citing morals, the guy's walked out of WWII, arguably one of the bloodiest messes in humanity's history. Steve has the chops to do what needs doing. Question remains; can he? I would think yes;

CA's shield tosses with that indestructible, vibranium shield of his have demolished trucks, caught up with and destroyed speeding missiles... I think he could definitely decapitate a stunned Nemesis with one solid shield chop to the neck or three.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wyldsong

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Wyldsong said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Outside_85 said:

A few moments is all it'd take. There's an awful lot someone can do to an oponent in 30 secs let alone a minute or two.

An evil, rank undead thing like Nemesis goes down, I don't think CA's morals are going to get in the way of making sure he stays down. Cap thinks on his feet, he'd realize pretty darn quick what he'd have to do to keep Nemesis from harming innocents. He's no stranger to folks with healing factors and extreme durability.

Before folks go off citing morals, the guy's walked out of WWII, arguably one of the bloodiest messes in humanity's history. Steve has the chops to do what needs doing. Question remains; can he? I would think yes;

CA's shield tosses with that indestructible, vibranium shield of his have demolished trucks, caught up with and destroyed speeding missiles... I think he could definitely decapitate a stunned Nemesis with one solid shield chop to the neck or three.

As well, he could just take Nemesis' rocket launcher and fire off a few rockets (if they haven't all been used). Unless it has been proven Nemesis can't be killed by a few rockets (or has it been proven he just can't be killed)? I know he was taken out by a rail gun, but I don't remember actual explosives being tried against him.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Nerx said:

Cap gets a tentacle phallus up his @$$ and out his mouth, people tend to forget that Nemesis can transform/evolve and he can take three rockets to the face before going down.

@Super_SoldierXII: Lets not give him the jobber aura for the sake of fairness

I understand your point. Every icon has his or her share of high and low end feats. Hard to find consistency at times. But I'm looking at consistent feats. In the absence of consistency, we can all cry PIS. But fact is, CA hits like a truck with that shield of his. It augments his damage output exponentially as seen in numerous showings.

And I wonder, do any of us have a notion as to how hard a one tonner can hit with such a weapon ... let alone one who knows how and where to hit? I've done a bit of sparring for sh_ts and giggles and the feather weight who has trained extensively and knows his stuff hits far, far harder than the overgrown muscled bloke who just stepped out of his pappa's gym thinking his bicep makes him a big deal (when it don't).

There's an enormous difference between trained strikes and brawlers throwing mitts.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Wyldsong said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Wyldsong said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Outside_85 said:

As well, he could just take Nemesis' rocket launcher and fire off a few rockets (if they haven't all been used). Unless it has been proven Nemesis can't be killed by a few rockets (or has it been proven he just can't be killed)? I know he was taken out by a rail gun, but I don't remember actual explosives being tried against him.

ARe you actually trying to say Captain America can punch harder than a a top secret rail gun the size of a bus? and no the Nemesis got back up after being shot by it.
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheBatman586

Cap.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Nerx

@Super_SoldierXII:

I understand your point. Every icon has his or her share of high and low end feats (what i mean by jobbing is not the high end feats, but characters like spidey beating firelord. Cap beating crossbones makes sense but not doc oc). Hard to find consistency at times. But I'm looking at consistent feats (why not limit them to a certain period then? instead of golden age ones, why not stick to the ones around 2000-2010). In the absence of consistency, we can all cry PIS. But fact is, CA hits like a truck with that shield of his (only when the shield is on his hand, and sometimes the skull or zemo get back on their feet). It augments his damage output exponentially as seen in numerous showings.
And I wonder, do any of us have a notion as to how hard a one tonner can hit with such a weapon ... let alone one who knows how and where to hit? I've done a bit of sparring for sh_ts and giggles and the feather weight who has trained extensively and knows his stuff hits far, far harder than the overgrown muscled bloke who just stepped out of his pappa's gym thinking his bicep makes him a big deal (when it don't).
There's an enormous difference between trained strikes and brawlers throwing mitts (Nemesis is a pro boxer in the RE hong kong comic which was made in the nineties).
  • Nemesis used to be a boxer (in a RE comic)

• Rocket launcher is standard equipment

• Second form he gets piercing tentacles with doc oc range

• Third form he is a large monster, 2x Predator x

Finding the exact scans will take quite some time though

Just don't expect this to work

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Nerx:

Lol. Luv it. Last one made me chuckle.

Good scans!

Rocket launcher doesn't worry. CA blocks Thor blasts with that shield of his and dodges automatic gunfire with ease. I think CA's reflexes and skillz will see him through. I also think multiple hits with a shield that demolishes steel will all prove telling eventually. Tough fight to be sure ... but nothing CA has not faced off against in one form or another IMHO.

EDIT; I think 90's era up is fair play insofar as feats are concerned. Irregardless, most feats I've pointed out were 2000+. And CA's shield tosses have actually proven more devastating than when he's weilding it ... one shield toss destroys vehicles. As far as him hitting peak characters and then them getting back up, nothing to suggest Steve doesn't pull his punches. He is averse to killing afterall. Trucks being destroyed, he can live with, killing Crossbones with a shield bash to the head he would probably regret the rest of his life.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nerx

@Super_SoldierXII:

Thanks

• The shield is the major problem but seeing as Cap loves to throw it around, that could prove to be his downfall if Nemesis decides to catch it with one of his stray tentacles that he has sprouted over his bidy.
  • I might need showings that his shield can mash vehicles, the only one i know about is crippling machines by smashing joints and richocheting off said vehicles
  • Cap needs to do this mid-range to have a good chance, but nemesis will kill him in melee range
  • He wouldn't need to worry about killing when Nemesis is not a human , so that can be seen as a problem for the Tyrant
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Outside_85

Side note: I dont get why people keep mentioning the prototype railgun when that was only used against Nemesis' final form in RE3, which was immune to every other weapon found in the game by then, especially since the OP states this his initial form (the one in the picture). Now if you've played the game on hard mode, you had to take on Nemesis the first time you meet him armed with nothing but a knife and a pistol...unless you simply chose to run into the police station since Nemesis's mental capacity isnt strong enough to let him pursue people through doors, most of the time.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Wyldsong

@Nerx said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

Thanks

• The shield is the major problem but seeing as Cap loves to throw it around, that could prove to be his downfall if Nemesis decides to catch it with one of his stray tentacles that he has sprouted over his bidy.
  • I might need showings that his shield can mash vehicles, the only one i know about is crippling machines by smashing joints and richocheting off said vehicles
  • Cap needs to do this mid-range to have a good chance, but nemesis will kill him in melee range
  • He wouldn't need to worry about killing when Nemesis is not a human , so that can be seen as a problem for the Tyrant

If Cap is throwing to kill, I don't really think we have to worry about a tentacle grab. It would more than likely just slice the thing. I've got Cap taking out a helicopter, and taking a hit from Thor. Trying to find some of the more impressive shield feats (I have lost a lot of scans -- had one of him slicing a vehicle in half if I can find it). Cap has ridiculous control and accuracy. He is seen slicing things apart with shield throws, or quite simply KO'ing people.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@Nerx said:

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wyldsong said:

If Cap is throwing to kill, I don't really think we have to worry about a tentacle grab. It would more than likely just slice the thing.

Cap could essentially do this to any tentacle
Cap could essentially do this to any tentacle
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wyldsong

And there it is=) Thanks guys=)

Oh, and taking a blast from Thor to test his shield:

No Caption Provided
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By ReVamp

WS :'(

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Wyldsong

Oh yeah, and some insane accuracy/strength:

No Caption Provided
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wyldsong: Actually he is not destroying the rocket in that. It is still a strength feat, but more so a accuracy one. Notice he is not destroying the rocket, but the bonds that are holding down Falcon. If he had destroyed the missile it would be good bye Falcon.