2. Nekron and Black Lanterns vs Saint of Killers

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This may be a curbstomp in the Saint's favor, but I just wanted to hear some opinions. Who wins between these two embodiments of Death?

Avatar image for unusual_suspect
Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint of Killers ain't no embodiment of Death, son. He's the embodiment of KILLING THINGS. I mean, seriously...

He killed God.

Nothing has been shown to so much as harm the Saint of Killer's (Standing unharmed, smirking, and saying "Not Enough Gun" as a response to a Nuclear Missile strike is a heckuva feat), though if that feat was the full extent of his durability limits (no-selling a Nuke), I'm honestly not sure if Nekron could overcome it, though given the way Power Rings are discussed and some of their high-end feats, it may well be possible.

The problem is that Saint of Killers' gun always kills in one shot. Given that it is an antique pistol, the Saint's feats of one-shotting tanks suggests that the one-hit-kill is an integral part of either the Saint's weapon, or the Saint himself.

TL;DR: If Nekron is more durable than the entity Saint killed in my spoiler AND is capable of so much destructive power that it can harm people who no-sell Nukes, he can possibly win this. Otherwise, a very surprised Nekron dies from an antique pistol shot to the forehead.

I'd give this to the Saint of Killers, but I might be underestimating Nekron (I'm only tangentially familiar with his feats/power).

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SoK or stalemate, I guess.

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unusual_suspect said:

Saint of Killers ain't no embodiment of Death, son. He's the embodiment of KILLING THINGS. I mean, seriously...

He killed God.

Nothing has been shown to so much as harm the Saint of Killer's (Standing unharmed, smirking, and saying "Not Enough Gun" as a response to a Nuclear Missile strike is a heckuva feat), though if that feat was the full extent of his durability limits (no-selling a Nuke), I'm honestly not sure if Nekron could overcome it, though given the way Power Rings are discussed and some of their high-end feats, it may well be possible.

The problem is that Saint of Killers' gun always kills in one shot. Given that it is an antique pistol, the Saint's feats of one-shotting tanks suggests that the one-hit-kill is an integral part of either the Saint's weapon, or the Saint himself.

TL;DR: If Nekron is more durable than the entity Saint killed in my spoiler AND is capable of so much destructive power that it can harm people who no-sell Nukes, he can possibly win this. Otherwise, a very surprised Nekron dies from an antique pistol shot to the forehead.

I'd give this to the Saint of Killers, but I might be underestimating Nekron (I'm only tangentially familiar with his feats/power).

I know, I read Preacher. However, he only killed God because God wasn't on his throne, his source of power and invincibility, which made him vulnerable to the Saint's gun. Saint even admitted his bullets wouldn't even scratch God if he was on his throne.

No Caption Provided

Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_caped_crusader: True, he only killed God outside of his Throne of Creation. Still, he did kill God, and God off of his throne was capable of resurrecting. Anyone who can kill God, even if he happens to be off of his Porcelain Throne, is pretty dang scary in my book.

God also isn't the only powerful being he kills, either. He kills demons, too, and angels - remember that giant pile of heavenly bodies (heheh) at the gates when God finally saunters back into Heaven, thinking he'd won? Saint of Killers killed 'em all.

Still a great point - he didn't kill God when he was his most powerful. Has Nekron shown durability to magic, or the divine?

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unusual_suspect said:

@the_caped_crusader: True, he only killed God outside of his Throne of Creation. Still, he did kill God, and God off of his throne was capable of resurrecting. Anyone who can kill God, even if he happens to be off of his Porcelain Throne, is pretty dang scary in my book.

God also isn't the only powerful being he kills, either. He kills demons, too, and angels - remember that giant pile of heavenly bodies (heheh) at the gates when God finally saunters back into Heaven, thinking he'd won? Saint of Killers killed 'em all.

Still a great point - he didn't kill God when he was his most powerful. Has Nekron shown durability to magic, or the divine?

No Caption Provided

Also, according to this scan, Nekron does not possess a soul. The Saint cannot kill him, as he can only kill beings with souls, which explains the instance when he couldn't kill Cassidy (even though the writer admitted it was a mistake since he was still working on the full extent of the Saint's abilities).

Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_caped_crusader: Hmmm, I wasn't aware that a target had to have a soul for him to kill him. Is that explicitly stated anywhere?

Do Angels have souls? Demons? God?

Is Nekron on the levels of Abstracts, then, or is his soullessness a quirk? Again, I'm less familiar with Nekron (and only passingly familiar with power rings).

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unusual_suspect said:

@the_caped_crusader: Hmmm, I wasn't aware that a target had to have a soul for him to kill him. Is that explicitly stated anywhere?

Do Angels have souls? Demons? God?

Is Nekron on the levels of Abstracts, then, or is his soullessness a quirk? Again, I'm less familiar with Nekron (and only passingly familiar with power rings).

Hmmm, I wasn't aware that a target had to have a soul for him to kill him. Is that explicitly stated anywhere?

It is generally accepted that SoK can kill anything that is alive, since the Cassidy incident was never retconned.

Yes, I believe Nekron is Abstract-level.

Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_caped_crusader:
"It is generally accepted that SoK can kill anything that is alive, since the Cassidy incident was never retconned."

True, Cassidy didn't die from getting shot, which implies oddly that Angels, Demons, and God himself have souls and are alive. Huh.

If Saint isn't gunning down Nekron (assuming Nekron is closer to an undead Vampire than, say, a demon, angel or God), then Nekron (from reputation alone) will probably get the win. We don't see the Saint's durability breached, but we have to go by feats, and I think even no-selling a nuke point blank might not be enough, if Nekron is capable of nearly soloing the DC universe. If Saint can't kill Nekron but only hurt him (Nekron has regeneration of some kind, right?), and if Saint can be hurt by Nekron, well... Nekron will take it. It could also end up in a stalemate, too, if Nekron can't hurt Saint enough to kill/maim him for the win.

I'm still not convinced that Nekron is closer to an undead vampire than to angels/demons/God, given his admittedly Abstract nature, but I think it's probably safer to assume a Nekron win, or a stalemate, given Saint's apparent difficulty in putting down the Undead for good.

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_caped_crusader:

"It is generally accepted that SoK can kill anything that is alive, since the Cassidy incident was never retconned."

True, Cassidy didn't die from getting shot, which implies oddly that Angels, Demons, and God himself have souls and are alive. Huh.

If Saint isn't gunning down Nekron (assuming Nekron is closer to an undead Vampire than, say, a demon, angel or God), then Nekron (from reputation alone) will probably get the win. We don't see the Saint's durability breached, but we have to go by feats, and I think even no-selling a nuke point blank might not be enough, if Nekron is capable of nearly soloing the DC universe. If Saint can't kill Nekron but only hurt him (Nekron has regeneration of some kind, right?), and if Saint can be hurt by Nekron, well... Nekron will take it. It could also end up in a stalemate, too, if Nekron can't hurt Saint enough to kill/maim him for the win.

I'm still not convinced that Nekron is closer to an undead vampire than to angels/demons/God, given his admittedly Abstract nature, but I think it's probably safer to assume a Nekron win, or a stalemate, given Saint's apparent difficulty in putting down the Undead for good.

Pretty much.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nekron wins, he always wins

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nekron is definitely abstract level; and he wins this fight.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nekron.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 juiceboks  Moderator

Nekron is the physical manifestation of death in the DC universe. He's effectively immune to death because..that's what he is. Unless SoK has a gun that shoots creation energy, he can't harm him. In fact, I don't see why Nekron can't just take control of him.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sok.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nekron stomps

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it depends, because SoK went and sat on the throne, right?

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, SoK currently sits on the throne of God.

No Caption Provided

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper said:

No Caption Provided

Exactly. He clicks his finger. Nekron gone. People on here forget this part of preacher.

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_caped_crusader said:
@jacthripper said:

No Caption Provided

Exactly. He clicks his finger. Nekron gone. People on here forget this part of preacher.

Yup. The guy is a badass and arguably the most powerful character in existence.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By lettsplay10

nekron

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. The guy is a badass and arguably the most powerful character in existence.

Eh... he's definitely hax, but not sure about the most powerful character in existence. Maybe in his respective universe...

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may be a curbstomp in the Saint's favor, but I just wanted to hear some opinions. Who wins between these two embodiments of Death?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The last guy who sat on the Throne ran away from Jesse Custer.

The Saint of Killers is overrated as hell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@damnineedabreak: I never picked a winner. The Saint and Preacherverse God are overrated. I enjoyed the story but some treat him worse than Saitama.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damnineedabreak: I never picked a winner. The Saint and Preacherverse God are overrated. I enjoyed the story but some treat him worse than Saitama.

saitama is a different story..........his bald that wins auto.

Preacher is one cute mofo so he wins

God is one scary dude so he wins.

PEROIDT