• 100 results
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#51 frozen  Moderator

@kgb725: The Thor Girls hurt him, but that was about it - their damage was superficial and he was soon to kill them before Thor returned.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@frozen: he didn't say he was "well-feasted" or whatever he said he had feasted after he sucked the last bit of energy from a dying Earth. Are you seriously saying a dying Earth on its last legs is better than downing a planet teeming with life?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 frozen  Moderator

@wavemotioncannon: Immediately after consuming the energies of Earth, he boasted ''Now that I have feasted you will not find a man alive who who may stand before my fight'' --- his hunger was clearly satisfied and he made acknowledgements that he had become more powerful immediately after.

The Thor Girls landed some good hits but lost until Thor arrived, and Galactus got stomped pretty badly - that's hard to fault.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: From what I read in these post it is the sword that is powerful. I was wondering how any Thor could beat this team. But it seems like Spider-Man could beat Galactus if Spider-Man had the sword. Does the story mention Mjolnir?

Egemensson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@frozen: From what I read in these post it is the sword that is powerful. I was wondering how any Thor could beat this team. But it seems like Spider-Man could beat Galactus if Spider-Man had the sword. Does the story mention Mjolnir?

nope, spiderman couldn't do jack even with the necrosword. for instance, gorr was nowhere near necro thor. instead of giving you a certain power, necrosword duplicates it for several times.

if you don't have a power on a level around odinforce already, you wouldn't stand a chance against galactus.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kgb725 said:

@frozen: Not starving. Didnt he get weakened by thor and the girls of thunder

True.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are always trying to defend Galactus's power level as some abstract level being, yet he's shown inferior by far plenty of times. It's consistent, he's simply not as powerful as you people may think.

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@frozen said:

@jayc1324: He easily trashed a well-fed Galactus, so I added Tyrant to see if it changes the tides.

I wouldn't call a galan who vomited energies of thousand worlds and hadn't finished a dying planet 'well fed' tho.

That was the first fight with Old King Thor, it was a hungry Galactus in this fight. He was basically just an older Thor with Odin Force, though he seemed more powerful than Odin. Galactus won this fight.

The second fight (which Thor trashed) was NECRO Thor and he DID consume the energies, that's why he states he's well fed. Thor trashed this fight.

No Caption Provided

Glad to see the Big G jobbing...again. -__________-

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beating Galactus isn't an impressive feat anymore. He gets pawned for plots all the time now. The fantastic four were able to run him away from earth, Classic strange stalemated him, ghost rider pawned him, and even the Surfer has beaten him before. And now There's talks about the Sentry stalemating him? This is a joke. The old galactus would never lose.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By XiiX

@New_World_Order said:

People are always trying to defend Galactus's power level as some abstract level being, yet he's shown inferior by far plenty of times. It's consistent, he's simply not as powerful as you people may think.

@newblood2333 said:

Beating Galactus isn't an impressive feat anymore. He gets pawned for plots all the time now.

I'm inclined to agree. He's a cosmic-powerhouse, to be certain, but I see him getting his ass kicked or troubled too often by beings he should be able to vaporize as soon as look at.

And it's not even like The Flash where it could be argued as a case of CIS or what have you, because Galactus has hardly any "moral restraints" to speak of.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Galactus was well-fed. He stated he was well-feasted. Comic confirmation > your interpretation. The reason he lost was because he was far less powerful than the Necro Sword entity.

Lol and comic didn't confirm he was "well-fed" only that he feasted enough to kill Thor girls, which by default also doesn't mean he doesn't hunger anymore, especially when we see a fading Earth still standing. I mean, Galactus was fed up with 4 planets when he one-shoted a Mad Celestial, that is the indication of the "well-fed". He was starving AND drained, and still was able to bust three solar systems effortlessly. Yet people throw some undefined claims to back up their argument.

So yes, everything comic > YOUR interpretation I guess.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Apocalypse3

I love that necro sword

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love that necro sword

I only don't get if it belonged to that Black God who was killed by the Golden One, shouldn't we get some background of what the hell this weapon is and maybe who else wielded it?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@adamtrmm: It was also an older version of Galactus, he doesnt necessarily have to be as powerful as current 616 counterpart. After all the issue made it clear he was an older counterpart.

The fight wasnt as one sided as people interpret, after all defeating and sending Galactus to the moon actually destroyed Thor's Necrosword and whats left of it was merged with Galactus.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

It was also an older version of Galactus, he doesnt necessarily have to be as powerful as current 616 counterpart. After all the issue made it clear he was an older counterpart.

I can gladly accept this claim, what I have the hardest time with are those baseless and heavily interpretive arguments to lowball Galactus and his 616 incarnation as the result of this battle for some reason. I am not a fan of him or something, it's just looks amusing how manipulative people become with their arguments lol

The fight wasnt as one sided as people interpret, after all defeating and sending Galactus to the moon actually destroyed Thor's Necrosword and whats left of it was merged with Galactus.

From my understanding, it was the whole point. That's why Thor told Galan "You've come here to feast? And I'm not going to see you still hunger. So open wide." Basically, he fed Galactus up with the Necro Sword intentionally.

As much as I've enjoyed that arc, the future should've made it clear that Galactus isn't as powerful as he was once or something like that, because, you know, all the hype around it right now is getting kinda ridicolous.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I feel as though Galactus's power in The Last Days of Midgard, Part 5 is a bit unclear. He did seem to not be hungry, but I'm not sure where I would draw the line for "well-fed", which is subjective to begin with. NKT might have one-shotted Galactus in that issue, but even if he wins in a scenario like this, it shouldn't be a one-hit KO, and with Tyrant here, NKT would at least have his hands full.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@adamtrmm said:

@frozen said:

Galactus was well-fed. He stated he was well-feasted. Comic confirmation > your interpretation. The reason he lost was because he was far less powerful than the Necro Sword entity.

Lol and comic didn't confirm he was "well-fed" only that he feasted enough to kill Thor girls, which by default also doesn't mean he doesn't hunger anymore, especially when we see a fading Earth still standing. I mean, Galactus was fed up with 4 planets when he one-shoted a Mad Celestial, that is the indication of the "well-fed". He was starving AND drained, and still was able to bust three solar systems effortlessly. Yet people throw some undefined claims to back up their argument.

So yes, everything comic > YOUR interpretation I guess.

Yes it did. READ THE WORDS HE STATED AFTER HE FEASTED.

''Now that I have feasted you will not find a man alive who who may stand before my fight''

After feasting, his hunger was satisfied and Galactus felt more powerful. If YOUR interpretation was correct, then Galactus would have NEVER boasted that he was more powerful and fed after his meal (The Earth).

So yes, by Galactus own words he was fed well enough that his hunger was pleased and he STILL lost. It's pretty clear he stood no chance.

The Necro Sword erasing One Billion Gods from existence > Galactus well-fed.

The comic went to great lengths to show that Galactus lost, there is no way to spin that.

Your statements on Galactus' power also make no sense. Yes, a hungry Galactus destroyed 3 Solar Systems, the hungry ''Old'' Galactus KO'd Old King Thor and knocked him away light years away, and Old King Thor is basically Odin, a Galaxy buster. For Galactus to accomplish this, while still hungry is a great feat. So much for ''undefined''.

Galactus eating 4 planets is clearly out of his usual norm, however eating a planet clearly satisfies his hunger and he's used this tactic to prepare for a fight more than once, he prepared by eating one planet before fighting Tyrant.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Beating Galactus isn't an impressive feat anymore. He gets pawned for plots all the time now. The fantastic four were able to run him away from earth, Classic strange stalemated him, ghost rider pawned him, and even the Surfer has beaten him before. And now There's talks about the Sentry stalemating him? This is a joke. The old galactus would never lose.

Sentry didn't stalemate,he had helped from Nate Grey.When did Ghost Rider beaten Galactus(beside from the FF cartoon which is non-cannon)and also when has Silver Surfer beaten Galactus?Silver Surfer power come from Galactus and Silver Surfer without any amps beating Galactus is PIS.Yeah,plot can really screw over Galactus when it come to high tier characters to herald tier characters to Skyfather tier characters.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By frozen  Moderator
Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I know it is what it is unfortunately

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@apocalypse3 said:

@adamtrmm: I know it is what it is unfortunately

@New_World_Order said:

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NKT

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Yes it did. READ THE WORDS HE STATED AFTER HE FEASTED.

''Now that I have feasted you will not find a man alive who who may stand before my fight''

So he says he's feasted, and there's no man alive who can give him a fight. Nothing to indicate he's well-fed, since: 1. He didn't say "no being in the universe" (he needed 4 planets to fight Celestials), I hope you can see the difference. 2. Earth wasn't destroyed and we all know what happens to the planets he devours. I gave you two examples of his power levels either when he was well-fed and beyond starving, juxtaposing all three conditions would indicate he was nowhere near the "well-fed" level.

After feasting, his hunger was satisfied and Galactus felt more powerful. If YOUR interpretation was correct, then Galactus would have NEVER boasted that he was more powerful and fed after his meal (The Earth).

So yes, by Galactus own words he was fed well enough that his hunger was pleased and he STILL lost. It's pretty clear he stood no chance.

Being more powerful then starving/starving to death doesn't make him well-fed, nor does being fed enough, I didn't claim he wasn't fed, just not well-fed. There's no clarification of how is that enough. Enough to not hunger to defeat the opponent he was fighting? Even starving he should've ended the (the girls) with one-shot. Another indication of how weak he was btw.

The Necro Sword erasing One Billion Gods from existence > Galactus well-fed.

Not before and without the preparation of around a thousand years, an army of godslaves, the heart of a baby Elder God and the Necrosword fueled with the blood of millions of gods to finally make the Godbomb work. You repeatedly play with the facts, why?

The comic went to great lengths to show that Galactus lost, there is no way to spin that.

And we don't know how strong that sick Galactus was, again.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@adamtrmm: You've left out a chunk of my post which states the Old Hungry Galactus knocking away/out Old King Thor (basically Odin, a Galaxy buster) light years away.

So he says he's feasted, and there's no man alive who can give him a fight. Nothing to indicate he's well-fed, since: 1. He didn't say "no being in the universe" (he needed 4 planets to fight Celestials), I hope you can see the difference. 2. Earth wasn't destroyed and we all know what happens to the planets he devours. I gave you two examples of his power levels either when he was well-fed and beyond starving, juxtaposing all three conditions would indicate he was nowhere near the "well-fed" level.

Firstly, an ''Old'' Hungry Galactus knocked away and out Old King Thor light-years away, an Odin level character (Galaxy busting). For an ''Old'' Galactus you claim to be weaker, this is rather high-end (I can understand a hungry Galactus beating Odin, but knocking away an Odin level character light years away) implies serious power.

Secondly, there is indication that he's well-feasted. After consuming the energies, he immediately boasts of his new found power. Hunger satisfied = well fed.

Thirdly, he ate 4 planets to fight 4 Celestials, correct, however he's also eaten 1 just fine. In his fight with Tyrant, before his fight he ate a planet which boosted him in power. 4 planets clearly isn' the norm for Galactus.

Fourthly, the energies were consumed. That was clearly pointed out.

Fitfhly, I've given you an ample examples.

Being more powerful then starving/starving to death doesn't make him well-fed, nor does being fed enough, I didn't claim he wasn't fed, just not well-fed. There's no clarification of how is that enough. Enough to not hunger to defeat the opponent he was fighting?

The clarification is that immediately after consuming the energies, he boasts of how good he feels and powerful - he had been waiting to consume the planet, and after he does makes note that he's fed. How did you come to the conclusion that 4 planets is ''well fed'' for Galactus?

Even starving he should've ended the (the girls) with one-shot. Another indication of how weak he was btw.

Why?

A well-nourished Galactus was knocked down by Thanos, or in fact knocked back a far distance (though Thanos didn't do major damage). The damage the Thor Girls did was superficial.

The starving Galactus already KO'd the Old King Thor.

Not before and without the preparation of around a thousand years, an army of godslaves, the heart of a baby Elder God and the Necrosword fueled with the blood of millions of gods to finally make the Godbomb work. You repeatedly play with the facts, why?

Firstly, you are ignoring the context of the comic. The comic clearly stated the Sword would end the conflict.

No Caption Provided

Secondly, for the last goddamn time, Galactus HIMSELF admitted the Sword DID make a difference. Still playing with facts huh?

No Caption Provided

And we don't know how strong that sick Galactus was, again.

Really?

Old Hungry Galactus KO'd and knocked away Old King Thor (basically Odin, a Galaxy buster) light years away.

He then nourished himself with a meal and boasted of how good he felt after a meal. You can't just write off his own admissions.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

You've left out a chunk of my post which states the Old Hungry Galactus knocking away/out Old King Thor (basically Odin, a Galaxy buster) light years away.

When I started replying your post didn't have the bottom part.

And like always, still explains nothing of his power levels. And is a different discussion since CMIW it happened before he consumed the energies.

Firstly, an ''Old'' Hungry Galactus knocked away and out Old King Thor light-years away, an Odin level character (Galaxy busting). For an ''Old'' Galactus you claim to be weaker, this is rather high-end (I can understand a hungry Galactus beating Odin, but knocking away an Odin level character light years away) implies serious power.

And almost struggling with Thor girls as the result.

Secondly, there is indication that he's well-feasted. After consuming the energies, he immediately boasts of his new found power. Hunger satisfied = well fed.

Interpretation on your part. He once devoured a planet and was willing to consume more no matter how "satisfied" he was, what would it mean then? That he is still hungry? But, unlike here, he consumed the whole planet!

Thirdly, he ate 4 planets to fight 4 Celestials, correct, however he's also eaten 1 just fine. In his fight with Tyrant, before his fight he ate a planet which boosted him in power. 4 planets clearly isn' the norm for Galactus.

I'm not saying it's a norm, I say it is a possibility. He did consume some energies of a dying Earth as it was still standing. It was a fading planet that was still standing, I repeat. How does it fit a well-fed condition when he has to eat the whole well-shaped planet normally?

Fourthly, the energies were consumed. That was clearly pointed out.

Ok.

The clarification is that immediately after consuming the energies, he boasts of how good he feels and powerful - he had been waiting to consume the planet, and after he does makes note that he's fed.

Powerful enough to defeat anyone on their level of power doesn't mean this is his "normally powerful", we don't know that, and we can't claim otherwise. So we have to compare the power levels, and being almost stalemated by three minor goddesses (even though they had some major weapons he shouldn't give them a chance to use, though) doesn't indicate he was anywhere his even normal hungry shape.

How did you come to the conclusion that 4 planets is ''well fed'' for Galactus?

It is a well-fed Galan because he wasn't overpowered, just powerful.

Why?

A well-nourished Galactus was knocked down by Thanos, or in fact knocked back a far distance (though Thanos didn't do major damage). The damage the Thor Girls did was superficial.

Are we really comparing those girls to Thanos? Really? Do you remember how Thanos looked like after one blast from Galactus as the result? Thanos! The guy who slapped Thor, Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Hyperion around only asking for more and smiling widely.

A bad comparison.

The starving Galactus already KO'd the Old King Thor.

A normal feat, nothing special.

Firstly, you are ignoring the context of the comic. The comic clearly stated the Sword would end the conflict.

You fail to understand what I'm trying to say here, NO statement in the comic explains the power level of Galactus, if you want to jump on interpretative conclusions the context of which was formed by your own understanding, doesn't turn it into a fact.

Sword ending the conflict only means that it will end the conflict with a broken Galan. Not a full-power or well-fed Galan, just the one Thor was facing levels or which are bound to your free thinking.

Secondly, for the last goddamn time, Galactus HIMSELF admitted the Sword DID make a difference. Still playing with facts huh?

Who denies that? lol he also admits he didn't consume the Earth. A well-fed Galactus the Mighty Necrosword is above.

He then nourished himself with a meal and boasted of how good he felt after a meal. You can't just write off his own admissions.

Just like you can't turn it into whatever to suit your argument.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newblood2333: it's not Gorr's weapons , he stole it from a god . It was created by gods robe wielded by a god .

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@adamtrmm:

And like always, still explains nothing of his power levels. And is a different discussion since CMIW it happened before he consumed the energies.

He was hungry when he KO'd and knocked away Old King Thor, so it DOES explain power levels because it's greater than destroying 3 Solar Systems.

And almost struggling with Thor girls as the result.

Their damage was superficial. They hurt him - that was about it. A number of characters have hurt Galactus, even Thanos knocked him down (well-nourished Galactus); however their damage by the end was minor because he was about to kill them.

Interpretation on your part. He once devoured a planet and was willing to consume more no matter how "satisfied" he was, what would it mean then? That he is still hungry? But, unlike here, he consumed the whole planet!

Clearly in this context he was filled. The energies of The Earth were enough to fill his apetite, and Galactus made that clear.

''As if these dead, gutted remains could not possibly taste any more delicious''

The Earth's condition really had no relevance if the comic itself is telling you how tasty Galactus found the meal. The fact that it's stating ''could not possibly taste more delicious'' is telling you his hunger was at that point satisfied. That would necessitate as well-fed by his own admission.

No Caption Provided

I'm not saying it's a norm, I say it is a possibility. He did consume some energies of a dying Earth as it was still standing. It was a fading planet that was still standing, I repeat. How does it fit a well-fed condition when he has to eat the whole well-shaped planet normally?

Because the comic clearly stated it made him so? It made reference to The Earth's condition yet still stated it could not taste ''any more delicious'' --- that's a strong indication of how it's filled Galactus, clearly the energies left were enough to power him. The energies are the main property of the planet/consumption proccess.

Powerful enough to defeat anyone on their level of power doesn't mean this is his "normally powerful", we don't know that, and we can't claim otherwise. So we have to compare the power levels, and being almost stalemated by three minor goddesses (even though they had some major weapons he shouldn't give them a chance to use, though) doesn't indicate he was anywhere his even normal hungry shape.

Again, they didn't stalemate him, they jumped on him quickly, briefly worked together but in a few pages, he had them at his mercy - Thor literally saved them. Old King Thor landed some good shots on a less powerful hungry Galactus and the end result was Thor was KO'd light years away.

It is a well-fed Galan because he wasn't overpowered, just powerful.

Consuming 4 planets seems out of his typical norm to me.

Are we really comparing those girls to Thanos? Really? Do you remember how Thanos looked like after one blast from Galactus as the result? Thanos! The guy who slapped Thor, Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Hyperion around only asking for more and smiling widely.

But one would think Thor, Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Hyperion are nothing compared to Galactus either --- he was still able to knock down Galactus, a well-fed Galactus too, yet it was still acknowledged Galactus was the more powerful (by far) of the two. With The Thor Girls, they landed good hits but they needed saving from Thor.

A normal feat, nothing special.

He knocked him light-years away.

You fail to understand what I'm trying to say here, NO statement in the comic explains the power level of Galactus, if you want to jump on interpretative conclusions the context of which was formed by your own understanding, doesn't turn it into a fact.

Yes it does --- it's stated as clear as day, and it can't be any clearer. As he's consuming The Earth, it's stated the meal couldn't be any more delicious, and then Galactus acknowledges the narration by deeming no man can match him.

You have two statements confirming his condition during/after feasting as much more powerful.

Sword ending the conflict only means that it will end the conflict with a broken Galan. Not a full-power or well-fed Galan, just the one Thor was facing levels or which are bound to your free thinking.

This is a well-fed Galactus, the comic couldn't have made it any clearer than it already did. The Sword was acknowledged to be more powerful than Galactus himself, there was really no away around the Sword.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Yes i do. Also recent fed and well fed are hardly interchangeable words, but i'll let you two debate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By adamTRMM

@frozen:

He was hungry when he KO'd and knocked away Old King Thor, so it DOES explain power levels because it's greater than destroying 3 Solar Systems.

If this is greater than destroying at least 3 solar systems, I guess then DSSentry's immobilization of Thor with nothing but a grip and a quick multiple light years away reappearance with Thor still immovable, or Superman punching WW from Sun mack to the Earth, are equal to it huh?

Their damage was superficial. They hurt him - that was about it. A number of characters have hurt Galactus, even Thanos knocked him down (well-nourished Galactus); however their damage by the end was minor because he was about to kill them.

And was still much more than they, and many other much more powerful beings than them, were able to achieve since like forever? You bring up Thanos, all he did was revealing to us that Galactus is bald and right afterwards he already regretted after just one blast.

Clearly in this context he was filled. The energies of The Earth were enough to fill his apetite, and Galactus made that clear.

''As if these dead, gutted remains could not possibly taste any more delicious''

All it says that he enjoyed the meal as much as he could for that awful condition it was, which is understandable, I mean the whole reason to fight and all?

The Earth's condition really had no relevance if the comic itself is telling you how tasty Galactus found the meal. The fact that it's stating ''could not possibly taste more delicious'' is telling you his hunger was at that point satisfied. That would necessitate as well-fed by his own admission.

It's like you refuse to acknowledge any other instance that doesn't confirm your words, just look again on your own quote: "As if these dead, gutted remains.............." What would it stand for if not indication of its condition AND that it was only as delicious as dead and gutted remains can be?

Because the comic clearly stated it made him so? It made reference to The Earth's condition yet still stated it could not taste ''any more delicious'' --- that's a strong indication of how it's filled Galactus, clearly the energies left were enough to power him. The energies are the main property of the planet/consumption proccess.

Enough to power him to fight men, that's all he says in his admission, not enough to one-shot the girls though.

Again, they didn't stalemate him, they jumped on him quickly, briefly worked together but in a few pages, he had them at his mercy - Thor literally saved them. Old King Thor landed some good shots on a less powerful hungry Galactus and the end result was Thor was KO'd light years away.

So you're saying that those girls are what it takes to make a well-fed Galactus look completely f@cke up? Superficial or not, still too suggestive to avoid it.

Consuming 4 planets seems out of his typical norm to me.

Yet was shown several times to demanding more than usually when he is starving. Consuming Earth was symbolic to him, not necessary, it wasn't about how much he will be satisfied physically, more like inwardly.

But one would think Thor, Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Hyperion are nothing compared to Galactus either --- he was still able to knock down Galactus, a well-fed Galactus too, yet it was still acknowledged Galactus was the more powerful (by far) of the two. With The Thor Girls, they landed good hits but they needed saving from Thor.

Of course they're nothing to Galactus, they were almost nothing to Thanos himself, that's the point I'm making. There's no contest, Galactus is well above Thanos who's well above Juni(th)oras, it's like if Luke Cage, Venom and Rhino would f@ck up Thanos, but superficially of course.

You have two statements confirming his condition during/after feasting as much more powerful.

After feasting to be disfigured by Luke Cage, Rhino and Venom? Sorry, by Junithoras? So damn powerful!

This is a well-fed Galactus, the comic couldn't have made it any clearer than it already did.

Maybe it was clear to you because that's what you wanted to understand, still left too much to be explained.

The Sword was acknowledged to be more powerful than Galactus himself, there was really no away around the Sword.

Your words, not narrator's.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By adamTRMM
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 frozen  Moderator
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Killemall

@adamtrmm: That Necro-Sword is capable of beating a normal Galactus, or like we saw a recently fed Galactus. I dont however agree that being recently fed and well fed are interchangable.

For the record, Galactus sending Odin Force Thor lightyears away isnt really impressive , King Thor did exactly that to Gorr, we already know the difference in scale between the 2.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

From your understanding, what do you think about well-fed 616 Galactus vs. Necro Thor?

Archanfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: undecided given we know very little about what the limits of Necrosword was. I honestly dont think the fight would be as straight forward against a recently fed Old Galactus on the dying remains of a broken planet vs Necrosword.

Specially with marvel coming up with Thor related hax weapon that could drawf Galactus, Thor's axe being one :p Dont wanna bet against a hax weapon from Thor verse atm ,heheh :p

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if Big G was well fed in that battle. If he is, then Necro Thor wins.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By adamTRMM

@killemall:

undecided given we know very little about what the limits of Necrosword was. I honestly dont think the fight would be as straight forward against a recently fed Old Galactus on the dying remains of a broken planet vs Necrosword.

That's all I was asking for, thanks :)

Specially with marvel coming up with Thor related hax weapon that could drawf Galactus, Thor's axe being one :p Dont wanna bet against a hax weapon from Thor verse atm ,heheh :p

Those tricky Asgardians always play with the better toys of MU, if only other pantheons could be even 15-20% as developed as them I wonder how devastating might have been the all-out war of pantheons lol

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Apocalypse3

@frozen: I know people do the same with Odin saying he's abstract level even though Odin Zeus and some other top tier sky father couldn't hurt a celestial and even with destroyer armour Odin got destroyed

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@adamtrmm:

If this is greater than destroying at least 3 solar systems, I guess then DSSentry's immobilization of Thor with nothing but a grip and a quick multiple light years away reappearance with Thor still immovable, or Superman punching WW from Sun mack to the Earth, are equal to it huh?

Superman punching Wonder Woman from The Sun to The Earth is not even comparable, that's hardly light-years away. And it's the actual opponent that matters, Old King Thor was a Skyfather, essentially he was Odin, yet not only did ''Old'' Hungry Galactus KO a Galaxy busting being but did so light-years away, which showcased massive superiority in that state.

And was still much more than they, and many other much more powerful beings than them, were able to achieve since like forever? You bring up Thanos, all he did was revealing to us that Galactus is bald and right afterwards he already regretted after just one blast.

That's hardly true - Galactus has jobbed a number of times, but if we put that aside, Thanos did the exact same, he knocked down and destroyed a piece of a well-nourished Galactus' armour, all the Thor Girls did was team up, land more hits than Thanos did and then Galactus soon got the upper hand, the end result was = Galactus win.

All it says that he enjoyed the meal as much as he could for that awful condition it was, which is understandable, I mean the whole reason to fight and all?

No, it states the remains of the planet were delicious, despiet the condition of The Earth.

It's like you refuse to acknowledge any other instance that doesn't confirm your words, just look again on your own quote: "As if these dead, gutted remains.............." What would it stand for if not indication of its condition AND that it was only as delicious as dead and gutted remains can be?

Your statement is only true if you look at the first part of that sentence, it was despite The Earth's condition, the meal was delicious, *despite* --- and then immediately after we're shown he loved the meal, he boasts - I mean, is that NOT indication of how much the meal filled him?

Enough to power him to fight men, that's all he says in his admission, not enough to one-shot the girls though.

So you're saying that those girls are what it takes to make a well-fed Galactus look completely f@cke up? Superficial or not, still too suggestive to avoid it.

I'm saying Thanos did the same, he ripped apart Galactus' helmet and knocked him afar, yet the end result was Thanos admitting Galactus is far more powerful, being superficial DOES matter.

Yet was shown several times to demanding more than usually when he is starving. Consuming Earth was symbolic to him, not necessary, it wasn't about how much he will be satisfied physically, more like inwardly.

Galactus wasn't exactly ''starving'' in this context --- he was hungry, but he wasn't starving per-se. He consumed 4 planets for specific preperation for a fight, in Thor he showed up on a planet he hated and that has defied him, roamed around and Thor noticed him

Of course they're nothing to Galactus, they were almost nothing to Thanos himself, that's the point I'm making. There's no contest, Galactus is well above Thanos who's well above Juni(th)oras, it's like if Luke Cage, Venom and Rhino would f@ck up Thanos, but superficially of course.

I KNOW Galactus is well above Thanos, I'm stating that on a superficial level, Thanos did knock him down (a well nourished Galactus) and smashed apart his armour, however this was on a superficial level --- the end result was that Thanos was not as powerful, the end result of vs The Thor Girls is that had Thor not arrived, Galactus would have killed them.

Your words, not narrator's.

Nope, Galan's own words.

No Caption Provided

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would honestly side with Adam on this one man, his interpretation seems more in line with mine.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 frozen  Moderator

I would honestly side with Adam on this one man, his interpretation seems more in line with mine.

Hopefully you will find out tomorrow whether he was fed or well-fed.

I've contacted the writer through Twitter and his Tumblr.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Hopefully you will find out tomorrow whether he was fed or well-fed.

I've contacted the writer through Twitter and his Tumblr.

Sure go for it.

You will also have to confirm if the power of an Old Galactus perfectly mirrors the power of normal 616 Galactus too.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Superman punching Wonder Woman from The Sun to The Earth is not even comparable, that's hardly light-years away. And it's the actual opponent that matters, Old King Thor was a Skyfather, essentially he was Odin, yet not only did ''Old'' Hungry Galactus KO a Galaxy busting being but did so light-years away, which showcased massive superiority in that state.

Sorry for being misleading, it was a semi-joke statement. For actual comparison, King Thor BFRed Gorr the same way light-years away, which means it is accomplishable even by a Sky-father, which is not indicating enough for Galactus.

That's hardly true - Galactus has jobbed a number of times, but if we put that aside, Thanos did the exact same, he knocked down and destroyed a piece of a well-nourished Galactus' armour, all the Thor Girls did was team up, land more hits than Thanos did and then Galactus soon got the upper hand, the end result was = Galactus win.

True, no arguing here. But CIS aside, he should've annihilated them easily without receiving any damage, you know that, I know that. And the way they disfigured a "well-fed" Galactus was just unachievable if he was really well-fed. Unless you prove me wrong.

No, it states the remains of the planet were delicious, despiet the condition of The Earth.

A matter of interpretation, is not? I think mine is more believable. ;)

Your statement is only true if you look at the first part of that sentence, it was despite The Earth's condition, the meal was delicious, *despite* --- and then immediately after we're shown he loved the meal, he boasts - I mean, is that NOT indication of how much the meal filled him?

Of course he enjoyed the meal, it was the whole point of the story (I still don't understand though why the Earth wasn't really devoured, maybe because he haven't done feasting? Any other reasons?). He was satisfied with the fact of eating, not by the enjoyment of precess or quality of the meal ;) Otherwise we wouldn't be reminded like three times about how sick the Earth was.

This sentence could only mean two thing:

1. Either you think girls are stronger than men.

2. You actually admit this Galactus wasn't well-fed!

I see a progress right here!

I'm saying Thanos did the same, he ripped apart Galactus' helmet and knocked him afar, yet the end result was Thanos admitting Galactus is far more powerful, being superficial DOES matter.

Thanos >>>>>> the girls, yet Thanos knocking Galan's helmet off <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Girls removing the face off Galactus.

Bad comparison, told you already.

Galactus wasn't exactly ''starving'' in this context --- he was hungry, but he wasn't starving per-se. He consumed 4 planets for specific preperation for a fight, in Thor he showed up on a planet he hated and that has defied him, roamed around and Thor noticed him

He stated "The worlds are far too few and my hunger is far too great." If not starving, give me another word for describing "the hunger that is far too great".

Nope, Galan's own words.

No Caption Provided

Yes, he says that this weapon helped him to win. Ok, well, than he admits this sword > a little less than starving Old Galan.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Necro Thor

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: galactus was destroting thor.He put him through the earth and the moon ,and when thor came back he ko`ed him into deep space.thats why when he woke up he wen`t right for the necro sword.Marvel even addmitted in issue 23 that thor could never beat Galactus on his own.How can you argue with that.

LionsoLara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necro Thor

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would feel comfortable saying NKThor wins with ease, but im leaning on him wining

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bump

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why this was bumped.

But the logic for Necro Thor being a match for a Well Fed Galactus should make Tyrant pretty irrelevant.