Nathan Grey Vs Professor. Zoom

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Nathan Grey, X-Man,  The Shaman himself and one of the most powerful psychics in the MU takes on Zoom, one of the fastest speedsters in the MU. The battlefield is a barren earth, wrecked skyscrapers, etc. Nate Grey stats fifty feet in the air in San Fransisco. He knows he's facing an incredibly fast speedster, Zoom, who starts out across the country in New Jersey. Win is by kill or incapacitation.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Wait, is this Professor Zoom, or Zoom (aka Hunter Zolomon)?

Either way, a better answer could be given once the remaining Dark X-Men issues are out. It is conceivable that X-Man has need for a physical body any longer, so attacks of the kind would not render him unconscious, or kill him. But we have to wait in order to be certain.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Baldy
@Morpheus_ said:
" Wait, is this Professor Zoom, or Zoom (aka Hunter Zolomon)?

Either way, a better answer could be given once the remaining Dark X-Men issues are out. It is conceivable that X-Man has need for a physical body any longer, so attacks of the kind would not render him unconscious, or kill him. But we have to wait in order to be certain.
"
Prof as seen in the link.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

professor Zoom is, for all intents and purposes of this thread, a Flash. So can X-Man react to a Flash, that is the question here.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" professor Zoom is, for all intents and purposes of this thread, a Flash. So can X-Man react to a Flash, that is the question here. "
He can't. But the point is, he probably doesn't have to.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

What is Nathan's defense to being blitzed?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Baldy said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Wait, is this Professor Zoom, or Zoom (aka Hunter Zolomon)?

"
Prof as seen in the link. "
I am aware of the link, but he mentioned Zoom instead of the full name of professor in the OP, hence the question.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lance Uppercut

So.... bump?

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By LordCosmicKing

isn't X man have a somewhat intangible body or something like he is still semi energy?

forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By forze

Errrrr...does Zoom even knows where Nate is located?  You gave Nate the advantage of having the initiative, what's to stop him from shutting Zoom's mind telepathically?  Speed is cool, but Zoom's speed is useless when he's being attack mentally.  Unless he has something to prevent him from getting mind rape.  
However, Zoom's ability to stop time so he can find Nate, upon finding him, have a cup of tea, get a fifty foot ladder, climb up said ladder, and one shot him can be a problem.  Nate won't even have time to exist as his astral plane counter part because he doesn't know that he got one shotted and had no time to go to the astral plane.  Zoom's ability to stop time is hax.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@forze said:
" Errrrr...does Zoom even knows where Nate is located?  You gave Nate the advantage of having the initiative, what's to stop him from shutting Zoom's mind telepathically?  Speed is cool, but Zoom's speed is useless when he's being attack mentally.  Unless he has something to prevent him from getting mind rape.  However, Zoom's ability to stop time so he can find Nate, upon finding him, have a cup of tea, get a fifty foot ladder, climb up said ladder, and one shot him can be a problem.  Nate won't even have time to exist as his astral plane counter part because he doesn't know that he got one shotted and had no time to go to the astral plane.  Zoom's ability to stop time is hax. "
Actually, Nate seems to be able to exist in the moments between time. I'm not really sure if zooms ability to stop it will effect him. Nor am I sure Zoom can harm him, since it appears as though he doesn't require a physical body anymore.
forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By forze
@Lance Uppercut said:
"
@forze said:
" Errrrr...does Zoom even knows where Nate is located?  You gave Nate the advantage of having the initiative, what's to stop him from shutting Zoom's mind telepathically?  Speed is cool, but Zoom's speed is useless when he's being attack mentally.  Unless he has something to prevent him from getting mind rape.  However, Zoom's ability to stop time so he can find Nate, upon finding him, have a cup of tea, get a fifty foot ladder, climb up said ladder, and one shot him can be a problem.  Nate won't even have time to exist as his astral plane counter part because he doesn't know that he got one shotted and had no time to go to the astral plane.  Zoom's ability to stop time is hax. "
Actually, Nate seems to be able to exist in the moments between time. I'm not really sure if zooms ability to stop it will effect him. Nor am I sure Zoom can harm him, since it appears as though he doesn't require a physical body anymore. "

From my understanding of Zoom's ability, he slows time in retrospect to himself.  It doesn't affect anyone else, but by doing this he effectively stops everyone else from moving because to him everyone is standing still.  Nate's ability to exist in between time doesn't factor because Zoom's ability doesn't effect him.  So in other words, Zoom stops time in relation to himself and how he perceives it, it doesn't affect anyone else unless he interacts with said object/person. 

If Nate does not need a physical body he could defeat Zoom because Zoom's ability does not react to danger and will be vulnerable after he have thought he had won.  When he goes back to normal time, his mind would be wiped clean.  

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Zoom

Wrong Zoom. 

This is Eobard Thawne.  He, like all the other Flashes, is highly resistant to telepathy because his brain is too fast to pin down.  That's what stops Nate from just shutting off his brain.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordCosmicKing

you are correct that speed allows them to be hard to lock onto them and shut their minds. but, if they slow down they are just as vulnerable as anyone else. the question is will zoom know that nate is telepathic? and will he maintain a certain level of speed that is above nate's ability to grab telepathically?

i'll say nate can win.. he is capable of time stepping and jumping between the moment which is basically existing out of time.
nate also possess intangibility that may also be beyond his control to stay solid. so it could help him from being hit.

his telepathic ability is powerful enough to mind wipe zoom if he stops for a few seconds. 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zoom

Basically, in character Nate wins.  Out of character, Zoom wins.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordCosmicKing

i think any flash character out of character can pull 99.99999% of wins on the forum.

forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By forze
@Zoom said:
"Wrong Zoom.  This is Eobard Thawne.  He, like all the other Flashes, is highly resistant to telepathy because his brain is too fast to pin down.  That's what stops Nate from just shutting off his brain. "

Ah ok.  I was under the impression it's regular Zoom.  Sorry, i'm not really familiar with all the Zooms.   

Define too fast?  If this is the result of their ability to move at high speed than Superman and every other superhumans able to move at velocity near light speed would have resistance to telepathy.  Superman Prime has not displayed such resistance to my knowledge and he has the ability to move at velocity near c.  Also immune and resistant are different, being 100% and 99% could make a big different here.  Since this Zoom is like Flash and does not affect the flow of time, I think Nate has a better chance of beating this Zoom than if it were the Zoom i was thinking of. 

Nate can win in more ways than one.  All he has to do is slow him down a bit and pull him up with telekinisis and the fight is basically over.  Of course if I was Nate i would use multiple illusion to hide myself just incase Zoom manage to get up fifty feet up in the air (while leaving myself invisible).
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zoom

Its a speed force thing.   All speedforce users (note: Zolomon is not a speedforce user) have resistance to telepathy. 

Really, if they want to kill him, either Zoom could do so rather easily.  Its not like Nate has the speed to beat either on the draw or the durability to stand up to their punches.  Thawne doesn't hit as hard as Zolomon but his punches still make sonic booms and he can vibrate his hand right through Nate's brain, killing him instantly. 

You're right, Nate can win this but only if Zoom lets him.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Zoom said:
"
Its a speed force thing.   All speedforce users (note: Zolomon is not a speedforce user) have resistance to telepathy. 

Really, if they want to kill him, either Zoom could do so rather easily.  Its not like Nate has the speed to beat either on the draw or the durability to stand up to their punches.  Thawne doesn't hit as hard as Zolomon but his punches still make sonic booms and he can vibrate his hand right through Nate's brain, killing him instantly. 

You're right, Nate can win this but only if Zoom lets him. "
They're not going to hurt Nate with anything they throw. He's basically just psionic energy in a forced package.
forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By forze
@Zoom said:
"

Nate can bend light to make himself invisible.  How does Zoom detect his presence because they start from afar and Nate is flying?  Would be one thing if they were facing each other where they can see each other.  I would agree that Zoom would end the fight before Nate have any idea the fight even started if they were facing each other from a close proximity.   But, Nate has the initiative as well seeing the OP said he knows Zoom's ability and have not given Zoom any informations on what Nate can do, I think Nate has a good chance of winning.   
Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ssj_god

@forze said:

@Zoom said:

"
Its a speed force thing. All speedforce users (note: Zolomon is not a speedforce user) have resistance to telepathy.
Really, if they want to kill him, either Zoom could do so rather easily. Its not like Nate has the speed to beat either on the draw or the durability to stand up to their punches. Thawne doesn't hit as hard as Zolomon but his punches still make sonic booms and he can vibrate his hand right through Nate's brain, killing him instantly.

Nate can bend light to make himself invisible. How does Zoom detect his presence because they start from afar and Nate is flying? Would be one thing if they were facing each other where they can see each other. I would agree that Zoom would end the fight before Nate have any idea the fight even started if they were facing each other from a close proximity. But, Nate has the initiative as well seeing the OP said he knows Zoom's ability and have not given Zoom any informations on what Nate can do, I think Nate has a good chance of winning.

so.. you think zoom can hurt nate physically?... i say.. physical attacks are useless against nate

No Caption Provided

now.. can you give us a real way for zoom to hurt nate even if he stands still in front of him?

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ssj_god

and now i realized i replied to a 4 years 11 months old post... seesh ...

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

fabulousness17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fabulousness17

I'll go with everyone else and say Nate.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate Grey wins.

chu42t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh I'm a rebel... Eobard for the win!

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thawne ftw.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultimateinferno
UltimateInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AgentofChaos1

Zoom stomps .

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultimateinferno
UltimateInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimateinferno: lol ik and I'm afraid there are threads with older bumps from yours truly

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers