• Win is by incapacitation, KO, or death
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cracks
@Nobody: Excellent question. Personally, I see X-Man taking this.  Obviously, Rachel Summers has the advantage of being a host of the Phoenix Force. X-Man's telepathic output is roughly equal to that of the Dark Phoenix. Telekinesis? Whose is stronger? I don't know. Most likely X-Man. Emma defeated Rachel Summers, so logically X-Man wins.
Avatar image for the_phoenix_child
The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Phoenix Child
@cracks said:
" Emma defeated Rachel Summers, so logically X-Man wins. "
That doesn't count for me...cheap thrill for marvel to level up Emma Frost to the rank as the top woman of the X-Men. Where can you see someone who throws around stars and moons as if they are pebbles be completely defeated by just one telepathic assault. Rachel never pushed herself against Emma...she was just to spite her...never really meant to kill her.

As for the fight... Rachel has the advantage of chrono skimming which can work to her advantage and we don't know if they may have a power cancellation against one another being related thought the Phoenix Force can cut that power cancellation.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cracks
@The Phoenix Child: That shows Emma's skill and experience. Not raw power.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By EdwardWindsor

xman since he is so very very poweful he doesnt need a foreign force to up his game

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cracks
@lazystudent: I concur.
The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Phoenix Child

Rachel even without the Phoenix Force was able to do strong feats that X-Man can do. Levitate a city and even project her thoughts beyond time and space.

@cracks said:

" @The Phoenix Child: That shows Emma's skill and experience. Not raw power. "

Marvel and some writers want Rachel to lose what she had gained from the past... if you read Excalibur, her time from the future her being Mother Askani and her time with the X-Men.... she is not that weak of a character.

Her tapping on the Phoenix Force is just her birth right being the daughter of the Phoenix but doesn't leave her with nothing. Its been noted she can do strong feats like open black holes and levitate cities.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cracks
@The Phoenix Child: X-Man's telekinesis is stronger than Rachel Grey's when she does not have the Phoenix Force.  So does X-Man's  telepathy surpass that of Rachel Grey's. 

@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
" @cracks said:
" @Nobody: Excellent question. Personally, I see X-Man taking this.  Obviously, Rachel Summers has the advantage of being a host of the Phoenix Force. X-Man's telepathic output is roughly equal to that of the Dark Phoenix. Telekinesis? Whose is stronger? I don't know. Most likely X-Man. Emma defeated Rachel Summers, so logically X-Man wins. "
People love to bring up Emma beating Rachel, based on skill without remembering that she (Emma) did the same thing to Nate (Xman #50), and after being in space Rachel has downloaded all of Professor Xs telepathic skill plus the few tricks she learned from Emma. "
May I ask, if that was Shaman Nate? Also, didn't X-Man already defeat Xavier? So it should not matter if Rachel downloaded Professor X's skill. Professor X was not skilled enough to stand up against X-Man.  X-Man's telepathic output is roughly equal to that of Dark Phoenix right? So this should not be a problem for Nate.
NathanielEssex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NathanielEssex
Nate grey. Hands down. Rachel doesn't have the Phoenix force. She lost the PF when she came to 616. She only has a residual echo of the Phoenix force. X-man could eliminate her almost without a fight. ALMOST.
  Nate
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Son Of Storm
@The Phoenix Child said:
" @cracks said:
That doesn't count for me...cheap thrill for marvel to level up Emma Frost to the rank as the top woman of the X-Men. Where can you see someone who throws around stars and moons as if they are pebbles be completely defeated by just one telepathic assault. Rachel never pushed herself against Emma...she was just to spite her...never really meant to kill her. 

It wasn't a cheap thrill. Emma was better in psinic combat than Rachel. When the top 5 telepaths were listed RAchel was nowhere to be found. The stars thing was when she had the FULL phoenix. In the battle with Emma she didn't the phoenix symbol was just to pay homage to Jean. 

Marvel was correct when Emma was decided to be the winner.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stormultt

awww its mamas boy vs daddys girl(not anymore lol) 

im going for nate.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Stormultt said:
" awww its mamas boy vs daddys girl(not anymore lol)  im going for nate. "
Me to. Nate would be a lil' to much for her..And as a bonus for him she doenst have ANY of the phoenix since (Jean I HOPE) took it back.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cracks
@NathanielEssex: However, if she did have the Phoenix Force, then who wins? 

@Son Of Storm said:
" @The Phoenix Child said:
" @cracks said:

It wasn't a cheap thrill. Emma was better in psinic combat than Rachel. When the top 5 telepaths were listed RAchel was nowhere to be found. The stars thing was when she had the FULL phoenix. In the battle with Emma she didn't the phoenix symbol was just to pay homage to Jean. 

"
Agreed.
NathanielEssex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NathanielEssex
lol that would make an amazing sitcom! Scott and Jean raising Nate and Rachel. Alex is the uncle who lives in the attic. DAD!!! Nate rearanged the molecules in my dollhouse AGAIN!!!
Speedfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Speedfreak

@Son Of Storm said:

" @cracks said:

"

WTF??? Emma isn't even on that list of top five telepaths. It's BS that Emma beat Rachel. Throughout Emma's history how many encounters has she had were she was strong enough to beat anyone with one psionic attack? Never, but she can do that to Rachel. That's BS. I understand that they are trying to make her the top dog as far as X-women, but she was never that strong. The Phoenix thing is how Rachel's powers manifest so it gonna be there whether she has it or not. I'm not hating on Emma, but her beating Rachel in one attack is as bad as Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in an armbar he couldn't get out of. lol
The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Point also to be taken Rachel never manifested her TK during the fight... her real intention in that battle is to humiliate Emma Frost. If Rachel gets serious she can literally rip Emma apart...Rachel was able to defeat Selene and could had killed her but Wolverine fatally wounded her. Emma could not handle Selene and can never will.

Even without the Phoenix force... Rachel is considered an Omega Level Mutant in fact, she is the first to be marked as such during her first appearances.

As to this fight, I would not completely leave Rachel out... this is not an easy fight for both.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Speedfreak said:
"

@Son Of Storm said:

" @cracks said:

"

WTF??? Emma isn't even on that list of top five telepaths.

@Speedfreak said:
"

@Son Of Storm said:

" @cracks said:

"

I understand that they are trying to make her the top dog as far as X-women, but she was never that strong. The Phoenix thing is how Rachel's powers manifest so it gonna be there whether she has it or not. I'm not hating on Emma, but her beating Rachel in one attack is as bad as Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in an armbar he couldn't get out of. lol "

And in any case Emma VS current Rachel. Emma would most likely loose. Rachel now has the skill and knowledge of TP straight from the head of Professor X. Emma admitted that the only reason she won was because Rachel didn't have the skills to combat her.

now back to your post.

They aren't trying to make her "top dog" she is. She has always been a "psi of the highest order". I know that already. The phoenix symbol will always stay there because even without the force itself its apart of her and her mother which is why she does it. 

I strongly disagree. In a battle TP vs TP. In the time-line that the battle took place it was the right choice to make Emma the winner. Rachel didnt have the skill or the power(backed by the skill or lack thereof) to beat Emma. Emma has been at this game since she was a teenager and learned from a top telepath herself. Who she defeated in a duel.

Actually BP had weakened SS so that is the only reason I can come up with. Because T'challa should not have been able to do that.

Niko04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Niko04

nate wins
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Son Of Storm

yep.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MKF30

I'll go with Nate here but not easily.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cracks
@Phoenix of the Black Throne: So you are saying that Xavier would have defeated him if there weren't any innocent people? 

@Speedfreak said:
"

@Son Of Storm said:

" @cracks said:

"

WTF??? Emma isn't even on that list of top five telepaths. It's BS that Emma beat Rachel. Throughout Emma's history how many encounters has she had were she was strong enough to beat anyone with one psionic attack? Never, but she can do that to Rachel. That's BS. I understand that they are trying to make her the top dog as far as X-women, but she was never that strong. The Phoenix thing is how Rachel's powers manifest so it gonna be there whether she has it or not. I'm not hating on Emma, but her beating Rachel in one attack is as bad as Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in an armbar he couldn't get out of. lol "
Emma is on the list of the top five most skilled and experienced telepaths.  There is a difference between skill and experience, .. and raw power. Obviously Rachel has much more raw power than Emma. However, Emma has more skill and experience. This may have changed though. 

@The Phoenix Child said:
" Point also to be taken Rachel never manifested her TK during the fight... her real intention in that battle is to humiliate Emma Frost. If Rachel gets serious she can literally rip Emma apart...Rachel was able to defeat Selene and could had killed her but Wolverine fatally wounded her. Emma could not handle Selene and can never will. Even without the Phoenix force... Rachel is considered an Omega Level Mutant in fact, she is the first to be marked as such during her first appearances.  As to this fight, I would not completely leave Rachel out... this is not an easy fight for both. "
I was just referring to telepathy only.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Son Of Storm
@cracks said:
" @Phoenix of the Black Throne: So you are saying that Xavier would have defeated him if there weren't any innocent people? 

@Speedfreak said:
"

@Son Of Storm said:

" @cracks said:

"

WTF??? Emma isn't even on that list of top five telepaths. It's BS that Emma beat Rachel. Throughout Emma's history how many encounters has she had were she was strong enough to beat anyone with one psionic attack? Never, but she can do that to Rachel. That's BS. I understand that they are trying to make her the top dog as far as X-women, but she was never that strong. The Phoenix thing is how Rachel's powers manifest so it gonna be there whether she has it or not. I'm not hating on Emma, but her beating Rachel in one attack is as bad as Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in an armbar he couldn't get out of. lol "
Emma is on the list of the top five most skilled and experienced telepaths.  There is a difference between skill and experience, .. and raw power. Obviously Rachel has much more raw power than Emma. However, Emma has more skill and experience. This may have changed though. 

It has

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cracks
@Son Of Storm: Then the list of the 5 telepaths of skill and experience should be updated as well.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Son Of Storm
@cracks said:

" @Son Of Storm: Then the list of the 5 telepaths of skill and experience should be updated as well. "

How so?

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cracks
@Son Of Storm: Well, since Rachel later gained more skill and experience than Emma, she should be above Emma of the list of the 5.  Right?

"
@cracks 

I'm saying that Xavier wasn't defeated by Nate,  Xavier more or less senses that Nate is powerful but a douche bag nonetheless, as he threatens to destroy the whole town to smoke Xavier out, so Charles tricks Nate into thinking he has defeated and killed him to get him to stop.  One could speculate that Nate would have won if the battle contiued but one could also speculate that since Nate couldn't handle Emmas telepathic attacks that Xavier could have a chance.
"

Yeah.   
Well considering the fact that you said this, "so Charles tricks Nate into thinking he has defeated and killed him to get him to stop" makes me think that Xavier could defeat Nate. Shaman Nate might give Xavier a good battle. Telepathically I mean. 
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By danhimself

Rachel doesn't have the Phoenix Force anymore...even when she did X-man would mind rape her
The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can he when threaten Rachel can skip through time and return the favor to his dysoptian brother. She can put his mind somewhere else... Rachel is not just an easy breezy cover girl... she came from a far more difficult background than Nate and had used her powers in a variety of ways.

Quote from Son of Storm

I strongly disagree. In a battle TP vs TP. In the time-line that the battle took place it was the right choice to make Emma the winner. Rachel didnt have the skill or the power(backed by the skill or lack thereof) to beat Emma. Emma has been at this game since she was a teenager and learned from a top telepath herself. Who she defeated in a duel.

Rachel also used her skill during her time line even younger than Emma Frost... in a more difficult manner that Emma could ever imagine which the writer did not credit. You know more of Emma now because Marvel backed it up with a comic book dedicated to her while the knowledge of Rachel is a scattered in different comic book storyline which I was able to follow at least 85% so it is a shame what really transpired between this two ladies.

Also I believe they retconned this mistake by allowing Rachel to download Xavier's skills and knowledge because it was really an obvious mistake to discredit what Rachel had been doing ever since before. I remember her saying once... when she was still a hound of Ahab, all those mutants she found and killed she read and experienced their life but she has to shut those off so she can live... some of those mutants are X-Men.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cracks
@danhimself: X-Man's telepathic output is roughly equal to that of the Dark Phoenix. So that probably is unlikely. 
The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cracks said:
" @danhimself: X-Man's telepathic output is roughly equal to that of the Dark Phoenix. So that probably is unlikely.  "

that i agree... it is really who goes first and who dodges the best....
oh well.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cracks
@Phoenix of the Black Throne: Yeah. Well in that case how can we know?  I guess it is impossible to know. 

The question is who has more skill and experience; Nate Grey or Rachel Grey?

Does Rachel Grey's telepathic output equal Jean Grey's? How do these three characters compare in telekinesis?
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cracks
@Phoenix of the Black Throne: Interesting. Thanks.

Still, though X-Man's raw power exceeds that of all the four characters you mentioned. I was wondering why we have not seen Stryfe doing what Cable at full power did; levitating the city of Providence and battling the Silver Surfer all at the same time.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cracks
@Phoenix of the Black Throne: I don't think that Cable at full power can do what X-Man has done. Would be close, but still not equal.  X-Man's telepathy and telekinesis is so powerful that he can do all of those things listed in his powers and abilities section. If Cable can do it, then why has he not? Also, Mr. Sinister removed the natural blockades, that Nate would have naturally created in his mind so that he would  not kill himself. X-Man in AOA could barely use half of his power because he would have killed himself. After X-Man got that tattoo, he could go at full power without any problems.  Why did Jean Grey need the Phoenix to express her own full power unleashed? That always befuddled me.  Why, may I ask, hasn't Rachel's full power been expressed?

Also, I was wondering why we have not seen Stryfe doing what Cable at full power did; levitating the city of Providence and battling the Silver Surfer all at the same time.

Thanks.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Son Of Storm
@cracks said:
" @Son Of Storm: Well, since Rachel later gained more skill and experience than Emma, she should be above Emma of the list of the 5.  Right?

Not really because when the list was made Rachel didn't absorbed the knowledge from Professor X.....
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cracks
@Son Of Storm: I meant after, obviously. LOL.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Son Of Storm
@cracks said:
" @Son Of Storm: I meant after, obviously. LOL. "
Then yes. The "list" should be re-made
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cracks
@Son Of Storm: agreed.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cracks
@Phoenix of the Black Throne: Wasn't there a point where Cable completely got rid of the virus and was at full power? Anyway, Cable has the natural blockades that have not been removed and X-Man's have been removed by Mr. Sinister.  I still think that X-Man's raw power might be slightly higher than that of Cable's (at full power without the TO virus). I might be wrong though. Sorry for disagreeing. 

So the Phoenix thought that the Phoenix was Jean? Why or how?

Sorry for all the questions. Let me know if I am bothering you. Thanks.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cracks
@Phoenix of the Black Throne: Interesting. Thanks. 

So, did the Phoenix Force like Jean more than it liked Rachel, or? Have we ever seen Rachel or Jean at full power without the Phoenix Force?
loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By loganreme

Nate would win this one, with Pheonix Force Rachel could pull it off IMHO
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cracks
@loganreme: Well, what I would like to know is which of the two has more skill, experience and raw power. Then I would know the answer.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Son Of Storm
" @cracks said:
" @loganreme: Well, what I would like to know is which of the two has more skill, experience and raw power. Then I would know the answer. "
Rachel is more skilled and experienced, as far as raw power, Rachels full outpout has never been clocked and his has been and the only being he could be compared to was Dark Phoenix, it all gets murky because they are both said to have unlimited power, Nate needed a brand to handle this "unlimited power" or he would have died, Rachel has been a channel for the unlimited power of the Phoenix with no outside assistance, so one could speculate that she has more room to nautrally contain power than he does. "

Of course...The Grey women run the family..That includes the power!

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cracks

Rachel should win here.

" @cracks said:
" @Phoenix of the Black Throne: Interesting. Thanks.   So, did the Phoenix Force like Jean more than it liked Rachel, or? Have we ever seen Rachel or Jean at full power without the Phoenix Force? "
I don't think it likes one or the other more, Jean is Phoenix, Rachel is their daughter, the Phoneix noticed Rachel because it thought she was Jean Grey as their psi sginatures where almost identicle.  They never seem to use the power at the same time, but at the time Rachel was using Phoenix it was at that time that Jean had rejected it which caused it to split one piece waking Maddie and another piece following Rachels astral body through the time stream and bringing her to the past.  When Rachel was stuck at the end of time she said that the Phoenix force simply left her this was around the time that Marvel put Jean back in her Green Phoenix uniform and was going to start her evolution but that story arc never went anywhere after the HE turned off all mutant powers and reversed mutations and then it was undone the six month gap happened and Jean was now without tk and had to develope a secondary mutation which was really just the return of her tk and then she finally evolved into White Phoenix after 150 years of incubation. "

That makes Jean Grey the most powerful mutant then.  She is just below Hyperstorm.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

This is a good match-up..I am not sure who would win here.

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Nate in the end. 

BlackAlice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BlackAlice

X man wins
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cracks
@Emerald_General_Jai: Rachel has more skill and experience, but I still don't know who has more raw power. So Rachel should win after a long battle. 
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cracks
@BlackAlice: Rachel defeated Galactus. X-Man can not defeat Galactus.
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By courtney12490

Let's post in this one, shall we?

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Ferro Vida

I'm using the same explanation as I did in the other one.