• 125 results
#1 Edited by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

Part 1 characters only

No Hokages or Sanin

No Curse marks or Tailed beast transformations

Use part 1 feats only and you can also use feats from the part one anime filler to make things interesting

If you pick Itachi you may only use Tsukuyomi ONCE and only ONCE and no Amataerastu

Morals will be on/in character

I think that's everything.

Anyway to begin and in honor of his memory I'm going to pick

#2 Posted by Dredeuced (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

Using part 1 feats only I go with Itachi since you didn't give a limit for Amaterasu. Fire that burns everything towards the target of choice, but generally being faster and scarier than everyone else on the list since he handled Sasuke pretty effortlessly (since you can't pick Sannin or Kages, in which case it's easily Orochimaru).

#3 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced: Knew I was forgetting something I'l have to edit out Amaterastu

#4 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

I pick Gaara from part 1. I know I know, no Shukaku but he was still ridiculously powerful

#5 Posted by Dredeuced (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

Are characters at full strength after every round?

#6 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: Accepted

@Dredeuced: About 80% after each round

#7 Edited by Dredeuced (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with Chouji then. He goes stupid super saiyan giant butterfly mode and one shots everyone and almost dies after every fight, but wins all of them. If that isn't feasible then Itachi. He's basically a better version of Kakashi who can Tsukiyomi a particularly hard fight, even if it's just once(Kakashi, amp'd Chouji or maybe Kimimaro if we're removing his sickness). I'd probably take him even without Tsukiyomi since Kakashi and co were terrified of him even knowing how his Tsukiyomi worked.

#8 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

I'll go with Chouji then. He goes stupid super saiyan giant butterfly mode and one shots everyone and almost dies after every fight, but wins all of them. If that isn't feasible then Itachi. He's basically a better version of Kakashi who can Tsukiyomi a particularly hard fight, even if it's just once(Kakashi, amp'd Chouji or maybe Kimimaro if we're removing his sickness). I'd probably take him even without Tsukiyomi since Kakashi and co were terrified of him even knowing how his Tsukiyomi worked.

Chouji didn't get butterfly mode til part 2

#9 Edited by Dredeuced (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: What? The fights with the sound four. He popped the FORBIDDEN PILL DO NOT USE WILL KILL YOU only he conveniently gained the power up and didn't die, either, while completely crushing a jounin level sound ninja with a cursed seal. It was the chase for Sasuke part.

#10 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

Diff ninja perform better with diff opponents.

#11 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: He used the pills to gain the butterfly mode against the Sound Four in part 1.

Some big players are as follows

Gaara, Kakashi, Itachi, Shikamaru, Temari, Kimmimaru, Kisame, Kabuto, Neji, Guy, and Rock Lee.

I'm not sure who would win the match overall, as there are so many different variables to take into account.

#12 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

@beautifulrevery: What? The fights with the sound four. He popped the FORBIDDEN PILL DO NOT USE WILL KILL YOU only he conveniently gained the power up and didn't die, either, while completely crushing a jounin level sound ninja with a cursed seal. It was the chase for Sasuke part.

you know what, I actually forgot that it was in part 1. I don't even know why because that was one of my favorite moments before the time skip. Thanks for the correction

#13 Posted by Dredeuced (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: Itachi's clearly the most powerful, considering an entire group of Jounin were scared to take him on, but he obviously has a lack of showings. The best bet is Kakashi due to being powerful and exposure (Zabuza fights, obviously could school any of the genins), wheras Itachi, Kisame, and Gai have an argument for being contenders, they have practically no exposure.

Kimimaro isn't a threat because no curse seals, almost all of his impressive powers came after the curse seal popped.

I only picked Chouji because I could argue that no one could outmatch him physically when he takes the suicide pill and he could end the fights fast, but like I said, Itachi or Kakashi are the only actual good choices despite being uninteresting ones.

#14 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced: Itachi is too limited here to win against so many opponents IMO. A group of jonin were afraid to take him on, but he also had more than one use of Tsukuyomi and can't use Amataerastu. That's a big part of his part 1 showings as well.

Also note, there are about 20 Jonin level ninja or more. Most of them have more feats to work with as well. You have to also realize there are several tactical genius' there who know how powerful he is and will target him first.

My thoughts are that someone with a lot of destructive power will take the win, such as Gaara or Temari. Both have shown Jonin level abilities and have defeated high level opponents.

#15 Posted by Dredeuced (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

How could several tactical geniuses get to him first? Tournament implies 1v1 matches in a ....tournament style bracket. Itachi would crush basically anyone 1 on 1, anyone who was a slight threat would get his Tsukiyomi usage (Guy, Kakashi are the only ones, and Guy severely lacks feats outside of brushing aside Gaara's sand and not getting wrecked by Itachi).

#16 Edited by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced:

Gai remains the same according to the data book. Tsukuyomi can be broken with a massive burst of chakra, something the 7th Gate affords. Amataerastu is nowhere close to being a supersonic attack. Gai is Itachi's physical superior, and has a style which was made to combat the Sharingan. He has a great shot against Itachi.

#17 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@OhItsThatGuy said:

@Dredeuced:

Gai remains the same according to the data book. Tsukuyomi can be broken with a massive burst of chakra, something the 7th Gate affords. Amataerastu is nowhere close to being a supersonic attack. Gai is Itachi's physical superior, and has a style which was made to combat the Sharingan. He has a great shot against Itachi.

No he really doesn't.

"Physical superior"? Afraid not. In raw strength yes, but in speed? Give me a shout when regular Gai moves so quick that Kakashi sharingan can't see him.

Amaterasu doesn't exactly move, it just hits, but yes it can tag supersonic targets.

Itachi is also a genius (he could trick him into hitting exploding clones). No, tsukuyomi takes place in the space of a second on the outside world, that's why even Naruto and Bee were trying to avoid it; Gai will not have any time to activate the gates. If he were to make eye-contact then he's dead. But then this is part 1, when Gai never opened any gates. By the OP's rules, he can't use them.

My vote goes to Itachi, since his part 1 feats consisted of making Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai look like chumps and being able to escape from Jiraiya without too much trouble.

#18 Posted by the_mighty_Beyonder (701 posts) - - Show Bio

no Kage, no Sanin, no season 2, i'll go with Itachi, he's the strongest shinobi in season 1, Orochimaru comes 2nd.

#19 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

CAN I HAVE TEMARI PLZ an u should put the vs match in the same ranking genin vs genin chunin vs chunin etc so things arent so or balanced since any of the sensi's could beat any of the genin an such

BUT I WANT TEMAAAAARIIIII

#20 Posted by SlimJ87D (9648 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Garra.

#21 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh said:

@OhItsThatGuy said:

@Dredeuced:

No he really doesn't.

"Physical superior"? Afraid not. In raw strength yes, but in speed? Give me a shout when regular Gai moves so quick that Kakashi sharingan can't see him.

Amaterasu doesn't exactly move, it just hits, but yes it can tag supersonic targets.

Itachi is also a genius (he could trick him into hitting exploding clones). No, tsukuyomi takes place in the space of a second on the outside world, that's why even Naruto and Bee were trying to avoid it; Gai will not have any time to activate the gates. If he were to make eye-contact then he's dead. But then this is part 1, when Gai never opened any gates. By the OP's rules, he can't use them.

My vote goes to Itachi, since his part 1 feats consisted of making Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai look like chumps and being able to escape from Jiraiya without too much trouble.

WHAT WHEN HAS AMATERASU TAGGED A SUPER SONIC TARGET. Sasuke couldnt even hit the Raikage an he next to Naruto is as super sonic as it gets. An it does move tho not shown until part to it can move from the user to the target or just appear on the target.

An really Gai is not physically stronger than Itachi thats far from the truth.

#22 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh said:

@OhItsThatGuy said:

@Dredeuced:

No he really doesn't.

Gai was able to burn the air, due to the fiction from his punches. He has boiled water with how fast he has vibrated. One, grand punch from him causes enough air pressure to materialize that it can take down one of the hardiest ninja in the series(Kisame). Gai is waaaaaaaay faster than Itachi. It's not even close. Tsukuyomi doesn't matter, for Gai can burst forth enough chakra to snap out of it, like Bee did with Sasuke. It would be stupid for Itachi to try that, considering how much mangekyo sharingan usage drains him. And why can't he use them? He's always been able to use the gates. It's not something new he developed in part 2..

#23 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagnificentStorm said:

@girugamesh said:

@OhItsThatGuy said:

@Dredeuced:

No he really doesn't.

WHAT WHEN HAS AMATERASU TAGGED A SUPER SONIC TARGET. Sasuke couldnt even hit the Raikage an he next to Naruto is as super sonic as it gets. An it does move tho not shown until part to it can move from the user to the target or just appear on the target.

An really Gai is not physically stronger than Itachi thats far from the truth.

It tagged Sasuke, and he's supersonic. If you think otherwise then you need to do your homework, current Naruto and Raikage are hypersonic, go do some research before you come here wearing your ovaries on the outside. Might also help to use coherent sentences as well, just a thought.

Not physically stronger? Prove it. Show me Itachi smashing rocks or effortlessly smashing through stone walls. There's not a big difference but I think Gai has the edge. Of course, I'm voting for Itachi here, so I'd be happy for you to prove me wrong.

@OhItsThatGuy said:

@girugamesh said:

@OhItsThatGuy said:

@Dredeuced:

No he really doesn't.

Gai was able to burn the air, due to the fiction from his punches. He has boiled water with how fast he has vibrated. One, grand punch from him causes enough air pressure to materialize that it can take down one of the hardiest ninja in the series(Kisame). Gai is waaaaaaaay faster than Itachi. It's not even close. Tsukuyomi doesn't matter, for Gai can burst forth enough chakra to snap out of it, like Bee did with Sasuke. It would be stupid for Itachi to try that, considering how much mangekyo sharingan usage drains him. And why can't he use them? He's always been able to use the gates. It's not something new he developed in part 2..

...yes, whilst using the gates. Derp. In his regular state he can't do any of that.

Looks like I'm going to have to take apart your ridiculous statements yet again, it's amazing some of the stuff you're coming out with.

Of course tsukoyomi matters. No, Gai can't snap out of it at all; it happens in the space of a second, he can't reach 7 gates in that time as well as realising what's about to happen. Sasuke's genjutsu was crap compared to Itachi's, and if you're thinking of saying " but they're the same", then go back and watch the Sasuke vs Danzo fight. Danzo himself states that Saskue's tsukuyomi is nothing compared to Itachi's. As I said before, why do you think Bee and Naruto were bothering to avoid eye contact with Itachi? Simple; because his tsukuyomi is on a different level.

Itachi wouldn't use it if he needed to; which he won't. His intelligence, speed and techniques would be more than enough to deal with Gai, tsukuyomi is just a costly insta-win.

And read the OP, you're misunderstanding. "Part 1 feats only". That means if it wasn't shown in part 1, it can't be used for this fight. Otherwise I could say that Itachi can use susano, or if Jiraiya was being used he could use sage mode. Since Gai never used them in part 1, he doesn't get to use them.

Sorry dude, Itachi would end Gai with little difficulty.

#24 Posted by InnerAssassin (308 posts) - - Show Bio

Sasuke

#25 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Kisame if that's cool with you

#26 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerAssassin: Accepted

@FourthDeity: Accepted

#27 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced: You can have Choji. He'd probably die by the second or third round if he tried to use the pills in chain like that since he's only recovering 80% after each round he'd be healed but still be suffering from the slight side effects of them.

@Strafe Prower: Do you want in to this tournament?

@MagnificentStorm: Accepted

@SlimJ87D: Sorry Gaara's already been picked. You'd have to choose someone else

#28 Posted by SlimJ87D (9648 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: oh, this is a debate topic? I thought we were just voting and tallying in the end. I'm busy at work, don't have time.

#29 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: Nope it's a tournament signup ad it's fine

#30 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2169 posts) - - Show Bio

Kisame

#31 Edited by UltimateHero0406 (2169 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

@Dredeuced said:

Chouji didn't get butterfly mode til part 2

Untrue, he used it first when fighting Jirobo in rescue Sasuke mission.

#32 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateHero0406: Kisame is taken

#33 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2169 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: Kakashi?

#34 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateHero0406: Accepted

#35 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2169 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder:

#36 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: I wasn't aware that it was a tournament sign-up.

I'll take Neji then.

#37 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: Yeah it is I'll edit the OP so everyone else knows and I already have Neji :P

#38 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

Where do you get these poor excuses for insults like really wow. An last time I thought I know when I need to use correct grammar an a COMIC BOOK FORUM is not one of them so get over yourself. An well my fault but makes not difference Gai is faster than Sasuke anyway so yea.

An what are you talking about I was saying that Gai was stronger an if he was to open to the 5th gate or most likely even less he would be faster than Itachi

#39 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I choose Haku

#40 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash: accepted

#41 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: Who all is taken, so I can pick from there lol

#42 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: Neji, Gaara, Temari, Choji, Kakashi,Kisame,Haku, and Saskue

#43 Posted by terry2012 (5073 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: I will take Kimimaro.

#44 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: Accepted

@Strafe Prower: And Kimimaru and Itachi are also taken

#45 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateHero0406: That's already been rectified. I admitted my mistake earlier in the thread.

#46 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: Not really much else to choose from lol

I guess I'll take Kankuro

#47 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: lol Accepted. You still had the Sound 4, Guy, and a couple of others to choose from btw

#48 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: Unfortunately, the Sound Four aren't much without curse marks and guy doesn't have many feats. My choices were between Kabuto, Kankuro, and Zabuza.

#49 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: That's true

#50 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagnificentStorm: You should try to use correct spelling and grammar in everything. Bit disrespectful if you can't be bothered to be honest.

"Gai is not physically stronger than Itachi thats far from the truth." So that was supposed to mean Gai is stronger? Dear God, get your act together if you want people to take you seriously. Please tell me you're trolling, you can't really be putting forward an argument that bad.