User Lists: 0

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Ugh, both have an obnxious level of filler and characters kinda just...standing around. But overall I enjoy Naruto more as a series.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOOOO! DON'T START THIS!!

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, both have an obnxious level of filler and characters kinda just...standing around. But overall I enjoy Naruto more as a series.

How do you feel about Naruto or One Piece Mangawise

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto Shippuden

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: One Piece have less filler than Naruto.

That's what made me switch to manga. How can you have a whole season dedicated to filler?

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Your talking about Davy Back Arc right?At least they both have less filler than Bleach.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Piece obviously..

i hate naruto fights, you always know who's gonna win. and they mostly follow a pattern. Plus they have overdone Naruto himself.

I hate when a Character becomes the strongest person in their respective shows. It's not fun anymore, and isn't cool.

Bleach did the same thing by giving Ichigo Everypower possible. But at least he lost his powers for a while.

To me it isn't really fair the other jinjuriki never got Tail beast modes. not one. it's kind of unrealistic to think that not one could control their Beast in the history of Tail beasts existing.

At least in OP They have a Crew mechanic, so we don't measure Luffy's strength, we'd measure the strawhat's crew strength.

In naruto, he's getting amped up, but it's only him, just like Ichigo, they're both getting powerups but Just them, In OP the entire Crew levels up In Enies Lobby and During the Time Skip.

Also, One Piece has better Backstories and Better feels moments. Like when Usopp lost the money for the merry. Or in skypia when the "Spirit of the merry" fixed the ship during the night so they could sail one last time.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Piece. It just sickens me how dependent Naruto and Sakura are on Sasuke. The guy nearly kills them both three times, he originally worked for the same guy that killed Neji, he tried to kill all the kages(including Tsunade), and he revived the dead hokages against their will and is using them as his puppets for his own personal feelings(including Naruto's dad), but for some reason, these two idiots are like, "Yaaaaaayyyy Sasuke's back! Team Seven reunited lolz!"

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto shippuden. One piece is more fun, but shippuden has an equally good story, better art and better soundtracks..

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohitsthatguy:

It just sickens me how dependent Naruto and Sakura are on Sasuke. The guy nearly kills them both three times,

I don't think you know what dependent means.

he originally worked for the same guy that killed Neji, he tried to kill all the kages(including Tsunade),

1. He never worked for anyone and also he had already severed his ties with Obito before Neji had even died.

2. He was only after Danzo and Tsunade wasn't even a the Hokage at the time.

he revived the dead hokages against their will and is using them as his puppets for his own personal feelings

The Hokages weren't even mad about it, and by reviving them he probably Saved everyone.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: Where to start

hate when a Character becomes the strongest person in their respective shows. It's not fun anymore, and isn't cool.

Naruto isn't the strongest Obito is, that's why all the other strong characters are fight him right now.

To me it isn't really fair the other jinjuriki never got Tail beast modes. not one. it's kind of unrealistic to think that not one could control their Beast in the history of Tail beasts existing.

Killer Bee has perfect control over his beast, he's the one that taught Naruto.

n naruto, he's getting amped up, but it's only him, just like Ichigo, they're both getting powerups but Just them, In OP the entire Crew levels up In Enies Lobby and During the Time Skip.

Now I could go on a long paragrah on why you're wrong but really

here

Konoha

Also Naruto isn't ''getting amped'' we always knew what he had in him from page 1.

No Caption Provided

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Both are good shows/mangas, they share the top of the food chain in Shonen Jump's products. Nonetheless, both are different in plot and character development.

I choose One Piece because meh, i like it more. But Naruto is hell near One Piece. It shouldn't be compared IMO.

Also, not a battle, and this could turn the forum on flames.

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its anime: Both
If its manga: Naruto 6/10

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Piece. I was never an actual fan of Naruto.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@homicidalmaniac: Yes, Naruto has more fillers, but I also find them more enjoyable than OP fillers.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Piece. I haven't even read it, but Naruto is inconsistent, illogical drivel.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither IMO. Neither are the best animes of their season, nor the best manga. Dunno, they take away from other good series >.<

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

@dratini1331: No one is claiming they're the best manga, but rather comparing then to one another. And to dislike them simply cause they're more popular than other possibly better manga isn't really fair.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@the_stegman: Naruto filler I didn't like that much and One Piece filler have good here and there.When it come to Manga,One Piece have overall better foreshadowing,better overall creative powers,better overall world building,better overall backstories,and others.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Piece. I haven't even read it, but Naruto is inconsistent, illogical drivel.

...Give me one Inconsistency in Naruto

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Naruto filler I didn't like that much and One Piece filler have good here and there.When it come to Manga,One Piece have overall better foreshadowing,better overall creative powers,better overall world building,better overall backstories,and others.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: No one is claiming they're the best manga, but rather comparing then to one another. And to dislike them simply cause they're more popular than other possibly better manga isn't really fair.

No, I don't really dislike either, but I'm just sad that more things don't attention. I also really can't chose between either. I feel like my first comment was likely too strong, sorry for that >.<

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@dratini1331: Naruto have lost a lot of manga sells and lost to Kuroko no Basket in 3rd place in the top ten manga sells in 2012

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Can't we all just get along?!?! D:

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

Hiruzen is the god of shinobi and the strongest hokage and kage STATED in part 1, in part 2 he's fodder and worthless. Hashirama and Tobirama were weak as hell edo tensei in part 1, had to be retconned as incomplete edo tensei in part 2. Kakashi right before the war can't use kamui more than 3 times without dying, during the war he's used it at least 10.

Naruto used shadow clones around a million times (million clones total I'd say) in part 1, yet he doesn't "notice" that they retain memories until ti's retconned in in part 2.

Amaterasu burned through a fireproof Toad's stomach in less than a second in part 1, in part 2 it fails to burn Karin in that time and even a Samurai's armor.

Part 1 Itachi is said to not be serious, yet uses Tsukyomi and Amaterasu which is stupid by part 2 because they make him blind. Someone with Itachi's intelligence wouldn't waste such moves.

The more intelligent Jiraiya couldn't master Sage Mode in 30 years, Naruto does it in weeks.

Tobi was thinking to himself and surprised at the Flying Thunder God, being Obito and Minato's student, that makes no sense.

Mangekyou Sharingan is stated and shown to deteriorate eyesight very fast, Sasuke's was gone in no more than 7 uses, similar to Itachi. Kakashi and Obito have spammed their techniques over 50 times combined by now and yet no deterioration.

Danzo and Tobi stated you needed Senju DNA to use Izanagi, Itachi stated countless Uchiha were abusing Izanagi and hence Izanami, but.....how do they get the Senju DNA?

Stated that Uchiha and Senju were equal, Izuna gave Madara his eyes willingly and then died on the battlefield blind. later shown that Senju wiped the floor with Uchiha and Izuna died from wounds from Tobirama, off the battlefield.

Shikamaru couldn't hold Hidan or even genin gaara with shadow bind, somehow traps Hidan with it later while outspeeding him so bad he didn't notice blood being placed on his scythe. Earlier he had matched speeds with the much faster Kakashi (Hidan did).

Previously established that you can't summon Boss summons without a lot of chakra....The Great Snake Escape happened.

Kamui being a dimension teleport doesn't explain how Tobi moves across the world so fast (actually teleporting) nor is it consistent with his previous showing of phasing through things that were already touching him. Also makes little sense with the 5 minute limit.

Konan had 600 billion paper tags and made a small explosion, in reality it could nearly planet bust. Also Tobi fell for 10 minutes into an empty lake when no lake is that deep.

Probably more, but that should be enough.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: Naruto have lost a lot of manga sells and lost to Kuroko no Basket in 3rd place in the top ten manga sells in 2012

I blame them not having tobi as a main character >:| Tobi was such a good boy =P But yeah, Kuroko no Basuke is hilarious, but I've kinda lost track of that as well >.<

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: Before One Piece and now Kuroko no Basket.What other series you lost track on?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By frogdog

One Piece in no contest

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_stegman  Moderator

@cooldes said:

@homicidalmaniac said:

I think it's personal preference really, if you like One Piece more, then you'd probably can tolerate their fillers more than Naruto and vice versa. However, to me, Shippuden has some really, really good quality fillers that harken back to Part I. One episode that stood out to me was when it went all the way back to when Team 7 was first formed. Sakura was kidnapped (in typical Sakura fashion) and Naruto and Sasuke (who still didn't really like each other) had their hands glued together and had to rescue her and work on their teamwork. It was a hilarious episode and had some really top notch animation and fighting.

Anyway, as for the rest. I agree that One Piece has better world building, but you have to look at it like this, One Piece is a show about adventure; the Straw Hats are constantly exploring new islands, towns and in general, the world, so of course that world is going to constantly grow and expand. Naruto on the other hand has a very set location, Konoha. That's the constant since it's the main village, sure Naruto and his friends may visit other places, but for the most part, a huge chunk of the manga takes place there, so they are less concerned with building the world and more about the plot lines their arcs are in. To me, Naruto has the better fights, a more interesting main protagonist, better art/animation, and more touching moments. I mean, both Asuma and Jiriaya's deaths almost brought me to tears. This is of course just my opinion, but that's why I like Naruto more.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_stegman  Moderator

@cooldes said:
No Caption Provided

Can't we all just get along?!?! D:

NO!!!! :P

No Caption Provided

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: lots >.< I go through a couple series a week so I get things muddled @.@

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@cooldes said:

@homicidalmaniac said:

I think it's personal preference really, if you like One Piece more, then you'd probably can tolerate their fillers more than Naruto and vice versa. However, to me, Shippuden has some really, really good quality fillers that harken back to Part I. One episode that stood out to me was when it went all the way back to when Team 7 was first formed. Sakura was kidnapped (in typical Sakura fashion) and Naruto and Sasuke (who still didn't really like each other) had their hands glued together and had to rescue her and work on their teamwork. It was a hilarious episode and had some really top notch animation and fighting.

Anyway, as for the rest. I agree that One Piece has better world building, but you have to look at it like this, One Piece is a show about adventure; the Straw Hats are constantly exploring new islands, towns and in general, the world, so of course that world is going to constantly grow and expand. Naruto on the other hand has a very set location, Konoha. That's the constant since it's the main village, sure Naruto and his friends may visit other places, but for the most part, a huge chunk of the manga takes place there, so they are less concerned with building the world and more about the plot lines their arcs are in. To me, Naruto has the better fights, a more interesting main protagonist, better art/animation, and more touching moments. I mean, both Asuma and Jiriaya's deaths almost brought me to tears. This is of course just my opinion, but that's why I like Naruto more.

I can agree that Naruto have better action,have better pacing and better animation than One Piece.I find most of the characters in One Piece more likable than Naruto.The beginning art of One Piece was decent at best,but when time went by the art look great.(You should know by now)One Piece have a lot of heart pulling moments.Ace's death got me into tears into a good hour and seeing the flashback of Ace and Luffy as kids made more sad about Ace's death.One Piece have a lot of mysterious characters and interesting things.Vegapunk,Shanks,Gorosei,Doflamingo,Big Mam,Kaidou,Monkey D Dragon Gold Roger,and others and the interesting things are Ancient Weapons,the Void Century,7 Moons around the Planet,there were people that live on the Moon,and others.I gave some of my reasons why I like One Piece more.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

@thatguywithheadphones: Dependency, in the frame of mental illness, is when a person spends a great amount of time trying to keep a bond that is clearly one-sided. That's pretty much Sasuke's bond with the other two. He doesn't care about them, has tried to kill them both multiple times, yet they claim to love him. It's sick. And yes, he indeed did work under Obito, betraying Itachi's principles. Why do you think he went after Bee in the first place? To get some cardio exercise? So what if he severed ties? He helped usher in the current events. If not for Sasuke's help, Neji wouldn't be dead. And all of the Hokages were incredibely stressed about it, except for the first, for he could have breached out at any time. Sasuke didn't decide to help because it was the right thing to do. He did it because he simply wanted to.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@thatguywithheadphones said:

@darkraiden said:

Hiruzen is the god of shinobi and the strongest hokage and kage STATED in part 1, in part 2 he's fodder and worthless. Hashirama and Tobirama were weak as hell edo tensei in part 1, had to be retconned as incomplete edo tensei in part 2. Kakashi right before the war can't use kamui more than 3 times without dying, during the war he's used it at least 10.

hiruzen isn't really fodder in part 2. Where did you get the idea? We were introduced to many kage level opponents though. And come on, many people are given such titles, like madara saying that he has the power of sage, or pein being invincible..

Naruto used shadow clones around a million times (million clones total I'd say) in part 1, yet he doesn't "notice" that they retain memories until ti's retconned in in part 2.

Kakashi was explaining why the technique was important for his training. It was more for viewer's benifit than anything else.

Part 1 Itachi is said to not be serious, yet uses Tsukyomi and Amaterasu which is stupid by part 2 because they make him blind. Someone with Itachi's intelligence wouldn't waste such moves.

Tsukuyomi was used for driving sasuke crazy. Amaterasu.. he didn't have much of a choice did he?

The more intelligent Jiraiya couldn't master Sage Mode in 30 years, Naruto does it in weeks.

He could use sage mode in battles. It seemed more like, you either grasp it, or you don't kind of thing.

Tobi was thinking to himself and surprised at the Flying Thunder God, being Obito and Minato's student, that makes no sense.

Minato used ftg level 2 at the time. And obito was more surprised because minato managed to put the marking on him.

Danzo and Tobi stated you needed Senju DNA to use Izanagi, Itachi stated countless Uchiha were abusing Izanagi and hence Izanami, but.....how do they get the Senju DNA?

I think it was more about the higher uchihas abusing it by stealing other's eyes?

Shikamaru couldn't hold Hidan or even genin gaara with shadow bind, somehow traps Hidan with it later while outspeeding him so bad he didn't notice blood being placed on his scythe. Earlier he had matched speeds with the much faster Kakashi (Hidan did).

Shikamaru was prepped at the second time. And he surprised hidan by appearing suddenly in front of him. Shikamaru has never been a slouch in speed. If you notice, even back in part one, he was one of the first to notice gaara and lee were above them.

Previously established that you can't summon Boss summons without a lot of chakra....The Great Snake Escape happened.

That's why sasuke couldn't even stand afterwards. And maybe he used a scroll like suigetsu?

Konan had 600 billion paper tags and made a small explosion, in reality it could nearly planet bust. Also Tobi fell for 10 minutes into an empty lake when no lake is that deep.

Konan focused the explosions around tobi, obviously. I just noticed that falling for five minutes though lol

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

@darkraiden said:

hiruzen isn't really fodder in part 2. Where did you get the idea? We were introduced to many kage level opponents though. And come on, many people are given such titles, like madara saying that he has the power of sage, or pein being invincible..

Kakashi was explaining why the technique was important for his training. It was more for viewer's benifit than anything else.

Tsukuyomi was used for driving sasuke crazy. Amaterasu.. he didn't have much of a choice did he?

He could use sage mode in battles. It seemed more like, you either grasp it, or you don't kind of thing.

Minato used ftg level 2 at the time. And obito was more surprised because minato managed to put the marking on him.

I think it was more about the higher uchihas abusing it by stealing other's eyes?

Shikamaru was prepped at the second time. And he surprised hidan by appearing suddenly in front of him. Shikamaru has never been a slouch in speed. If you notice, even back in part one, he was one of the first to notice gaara and lee were above them.

That's why sasuke couldn't even stand afterwards. And maybe he used a scroll like suigetsu?

Konan focused the explosions around tobi, obviously. I just noticed that falling for five minutes though lol

Hiruzen's fodder because he's done nothing but suck so far and IIRC he's permanently dead now. No new showings just shuriken.

The fact that Naruto never noticed and was surprised by it is inconsistency

Itachi wouldn't want to drive Sasuke crazy going by his plan in part 2, he'd want him sane and vengeful, not crazy. He also wasted one on Kakashi for no reason.

Sage Mode one still isn't explained

Nope Obito was surprised he used a space/time jutsu on that level, when as his student a year or 2 earlier, he should know.

Still no mention on how they had senju dna, and no it just said uchihas were spamming it left and right.

His speed stat is bad though and he's never been fast, ever. Also prep does not make your shadow stronger.

Sasuke had 0 chakra AND THEN summoned the Boss summon. A scroll or not, it supposedly takes a lot of chakra

even if you focus that many explosions, it will at least drill a deep, deep hole into the core of the earth.

And then there's the pain fight and pain's abilities in general. And Naruto himself in general as well.

ginosankunchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto all the way

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Naruto IMO because I feel it has a more serious tone for a shounen. I also like the reoccurring theme that evil isn't born its made.

Ex. Nagato's back story ,Uchiha massacre and Kabuto's back story just to name a few.

I also feel for the main characters more in Naruto than One Piece.But I do have to say that One Piece is way more Consistent than Naruto but to each his own.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Naruto

jowthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cooldes:

@Cooldes said:

One Piece obviously..

i hate naruto fights, you always know who's gonna win. and they mostly follow a pattern. Plus they have overdone Naruto himself.

I hate when a Character becomes the strongest person in their respective shows. It's not fun anymore, and isn't cool.

Bleach did the same thing by giving Ichigo Everypower possible. But at least he lost his powers for a while.

At least in OP They have a Crew mechanic, so we don't measure Luffy's strength, we'd measure the strawhat's crew strength.

In naruto, he's getting amped up, but it's only him, just like Ichigo, they're both getting powerups but Just them, In OP the entire Crew levels up In Enies Lobby and During the Time Skip.

Also, One Piece has better Backstories and Better feels moments. Like when Usopp lost the money for the merry. Or in skypia when the "Spirit of the merry" fixed the ship during the night so they could sail one last time.

One Piece Fights? you always know who's gonna win, and they mostly follow a pattern, Luffy always fights the strongest/leader of that arc. There's the people who are being oppressed and then there's the oppressor(boss) who happens to be superbad and evil that he will piss you of thru-out the episode not until Luffy's kicking his ass and shouting!. Luffy will eventually hear the whole story/situation of that arc blah blah blah and because he is a PIRATE and not a HERO! he will fight the oppressors and then save the day, hahaha. They're PIRATES! they're supposed to be bad people stealing from ships, pillaging from towns, but they're not. Actually, honestly, Strawhat Crew are very nice adventurers, good samaritans and yes they are Heroes. lol

i love one piece, don't get me wrong, but i do love naruto also, both of them are great but both of them also sucks in some ways.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Piece

jowthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in naruto, dead means dead,

in one piece, they will leave eventually haha, trust me. well WB and Ace is an exemption, ODA kills them just to show viewers that people indeed dies in OP. haha

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2