Nappy-headed Samurai vs. the big boys

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

After seeing Blade get the respect he deserves, I figured another one of my favorite swordsmen should as well. So here we are.

Afro Samurai

No Caption Provided

vs.

Blade

No Caption Provided

Pre-52 Deathstroke

No Caption Provided

and Deadpool

No Caption Provided

Gear is limited to swords only(Slade still gets his armor), and all swords are composed of adamantium.

Afro has basic knowledge on all of the teammates, while they don't know anything about him other than the fact he's a dangerous samurai.

In character for all, but they're taking the fight seriously. Win by K.O/Incap/Death ya'll know the drill.

Takes place in this town..

No Caption Provided

Afro is the red and the trio are on the sign where the black dots are.

Who comes out on top?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wouldn't it have been easier to just say it was Afro in the thread title?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nappy-headed? Really?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 juiceboks  Moderator

@shiryu said:

Probably..but it wouldn't have been as eye-catching.

@zhurong His hair is awesome but unkept and nappy. What's the issue?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

Probably..but it wouldn't have been as eye-catching.

@zhurong His hair is awesome but unkept and nappy. What's the issue?

Sigh...

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator

@etheral_dreams Let's keep the racial connotations in the Off-Topic forum please?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@juiceboks: My bad.

I figured something like this would happen because for some reason, people automatically interpret nappy as intended to offend. There's absolutely nothing wrong with nappy hair, and for anyone to think that usage of the word nappy is racist or even remotely discriminative is ridiculous.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 juiceboks  Moderator

@shiryu said:

@juiceboks: My bad.

I figured something like this would happen because for some reason, people automatically interpret nappy as intended to offend. There's absolutely nothing wrong with nappy hair, and for anyone to think that usage of the word nappy is racist or even remotely discriminative is ridiculous.

I understand why people could be offended by the usage of that word..but I agree that it doesn't make it all sensible. It's not even a negative adjective, nor is it strictly geared towards Black people like you said.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you seen how Afro's hair blows in the wind?

That ni*** is clearly mixed.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 juiceboks  Moderator

@blackwind Either that or he uses some bomb-ass hair relaxer.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nigga needs to buy a pick, damn

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind Either that or he uses some bomb-ass hair relaxer.

Or it's just a gift from God.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 juiceboks  Moderator

Alright guys enough with the hair comments please..anybody got an opinion on the matchup itself?

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All three at once is way too much. Deathstroke and Deadpool can easily match his speed. I'm not sure about Blade, though.

Stormmagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either one of these three can give Afro a good fight together they soundly beat him.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlackWind

@mayan_fist: Deadpool was recently on the losing end of a beat down from a non serious Blade in his own comic and he completely failed to harm him in any way while Blade nearly cut his head in half.

Two beatdowns, really.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 juiceboks  Moderator

I'd like to point out that none of these three are quite at his level in terms of raw combat speed which is easily supersonic+. He's blitzed the main antagonist who effortlessly blitzed Afro's dad who could sidestep bullets inches away from his face. The whole reason I put these three up against them is the fact that individually a matchup would be similar to Wolverine vs. Gorgon in the sense that they wouldn't be able to avoid getting blitzed. I can post the videos if someone needs me to expound..

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I don't know how good a swordsman Deadpool really is. I know people say when he's serious he's awesome but when he isn't Aunt May can beat him with her rolling pin (maybe bad analogy, who wouldn't Aunt May beat?). Sounds inconsistent to me personally, but I at least understand where people come from there, so I guess it really depends on how serious Deadpool is here.

As for Blade and Deathstroke, I feel either one of them is a good battle for Afro 1v1. You could probably argue Afro is more skilled, or at least relies on skill more than physicals, but Slade and Blade both seem to outclass him in every physical department. I know Afro is fast, but how fast is hard to gauge. Animation and comics are obviously two different medias, but I'd say there isn't anything Afro has done that either of those two couldn't replicate, while I don't know if he could replicate some of their feats.

I'd say Afro is a good fight for any of these guys 1v1, arguments could be made for both sides in any of them. 3v1? I feel the team is going to win this out.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 juiceboks  Moderator

@granitesoldier

As for Blade and Deathstroke, I feel either one of them is a good battle for Afro 1v1. You could probably argue Afro is more skilled, or at least relies on skill more than physicals, but Slade and Blade both seem to outclass him in every physical department. I know Afro is fast, but how fast is hard to gauge. Animation and comics are obviously two different medias, but I'd say there isn't anything Afro has done that either of those two couldn't replicate, while I don't know if he could replicate some of their feats.

Imma have to disagree with you on this brah. The only physical stat these three exceed Afro in is durability granted by their healing factors. He's every bit as fast as them if not much faster..let me elaborate.

When Afro's father fought Justice, he was dodging and blocking bullets with his sword rather easily. Yet Justice casually blitzed him when he felt like it.

Loading Video...

In other words..Justice blitzed a bullet-timer character who's speed was atleast on par with these three. And again..he did it casually. However, when Afro went to fight Justice he ended up blitzing him so fast Justice couldn't even see him.

Afro

I'd put Afro AT LEAST on par with Gorgon in the speed department because of this. 1v1 he should blitz anyone of these three, but altogether their healing factors, skill, and numbers could wear him down. That's how I see it anyway.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@juiceboks: Yeah but there's the bullet jobbing factor in comics. Batman has shown to be a bullet timer, Slade is faster than Batman. So by your showing of Afro it shows he's at least as fast as these guys. It degrades bullet dodging in comics that everyone can pretty much do it, but they do.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade has been reacting and deflecting gunfire off swords and spinning chains even when he was written as human. Blade has dodged automatic gunfire that was directly behind him without even looking it it. He back flipped over the shots. And by the time he landed, the shooter was cut in half.

And with so many people here I'm not seeing him taking any damage that won't be healed off in a bit.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 juiceboks  Moderator

@granitesoldier Actually Afro would still be a good degree faster than these three. His dad would be on par with their speed and slightly above Batman's seeing as his bullet-timing feats aren't as impressive as Afro's dad or say Blade's nor are they as consistent..and Justice straight up blitzed him. Slade is faster than Batman but he can't blitz him on his best day..let alone casually. And yet still, Afro blitzed Justice so fast he was practically invisible. I get what you're saying and yes bullets do job sometimes, but I think Afro is pushing on Tomi's level.