Namor vs Warpath

ShadowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ShadowKing

Namor sees Warpath on an empty beach. He comes out of the water and challenges him to a fight, seeing him as a worthy opponent. Namor and Warpath receive 7 days of prep.

Fight takes place on that beach. Morals on. KO/Death. Current versions. Warpath has his vibranium knives. Namor is depowered here. His strength has decreased to 75 tonnes. Both are healthy. Who will be the top dog? 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I guess it could depend on how they prepped, and I am not aware of James, or Namor for that matter, being known for skilled tactical or strategic preparation, but James is confronting a siginificantly stronger opponent who has consistently fought tougher opponents than him (Hulk, Thing and Thor to name a few). I am leaning toward Namor for the majority but am curious to see if there are any strong arguments for Warpath.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Kallarkz

mmmm even depowered Namor is still stronger than Warpath. And faster, and more durable and has flight AND is able to heal himself almost instantaneously if he is able to jump back in the water. 

Warpath is a very skilled fighter and his Vibranium knives are trademark. But Namor has been stabbed in the chest by Adamantium (Wolverines claws) and was able to continue fighting even though he later did jump in the pool. But by being faster and able to fly I don't see how Warpath could possibly impede him from doing this. 

If Warpath was at his previous levels before he was mega depowered this would be more interesting...still mad about what they did to him.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@THUNDERBOLT30: I agree, I don't see prep really helping either. Neither are necessary geniuses that scream battle expert and what's Namor gonna do, sit and soak then come out since he is depowered? Pointless if you ask me. He can't bring an army either at best he could bring his trident i suppose. Anyways With James being a better h2h fighter IMO  and since Namor is depowered here to 75 tons Namor would most likely either fly and try to come in and brawl which would be a bad idea since James has his knives which at 3x the strength will do alot of damage here to fish face. Without any specific kind of prep for either and no one being a master at prep either it's kind of pointless to give it to them and Namor being depowered I'd give James I say he should get the majority. Namor could use his electricity shots too I guess but depowered idk the extent of damage and what it would do to Warpath. James ftw for now.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@god_spawn
How is Warpath a better fighter? I've never seen anything impressive from him with h2h feats
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kallarkz
@god_spawn said:
@THUNDERBOLT30: I agree, I don't see prep really helping either. Neither are necessary geniuses that scream battle expert and what's Namor gonna do, sit and soak then come out since he is depowered? Pointless if you ask me. He can't bring an army either at best he could bring his trident i suppose. Anyways With James being a better h2h fighter IMO tripled in strength here to 75 tons from his current 25 tons  and since Namor is depowered here to what extent is unknown, Namor would most likely either fly and try to come in and brawl which would be a bad idea since James has his knives which at 3x the strength will do alot of damage here to fish face. 
The Op was not giving Warpath a strength boost o.O. He is still at his 25. Not quite sure what he would be able to do to kill Namor being slower, less durable and weaker.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Kallarkz:

mmmm even depowered Namor is still stronger than Warpath. And faster, and more durable and has flight AND is able to heal himself almost instantaneously if he is able to jump back in the water

Namor can't move at a speed that I don't see James not being able to react to and if he keeps pool jumping he would only heal and if he took Warpath under he could win. 

Warpath is a very skilled fighter and his Vibranium knives are trademark. But Namor has been stabbed in the chest by Adamantium (Wolverines claws) and was able to continue fighting even though he later did jump in the pool. But by being faster and able to fly I don't see how Warpath could possibly impede him from doing this

Big difference if you ask me. Not only is vibranium arguably just as damaging as Wolverine's claws, James at this level is multiples stronger than Wolverine, alot more damage would be done IMO. 
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Kallarkz: I read the OP wrong that was my mistake, im back and forth between this and something else, i just caught myself responding to you.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kallarkz
@god_spawn said:
@Kallarkz:

mmmm even depowered Namor is still stronger than Warpath. And faster, and more durable and has flight AND is able to heal himself almost instantaneously if he is able to jump back in the water

Namor can't move at a speed that I don't see James not being able to react to and if he keeps pool jumping he would only heal and if he took Warpath under he could win. 

Warpath is a very skilled fighter and his Vibranium knives are trademark. But Namor has been stabbed in the chest by Adamantium (Wolverines claws) and was able to continue fighting even though he later did jump in the pool. But by being faster and able to fly I don't see how Warpath could possibly impede him from doing this

Big difference if you ask me. Not only is vibranium arguably just as damaging as Wolverine's claws, James at this level is multiples stronger than Wolverine, alot more damage would be done IMO. 
Not quite sure why the strength of Wolverine and Warpath is a factor to be compared. When Wolverines claws hit him they went through...i don't see how something can go further through you than through you....o.O 
A depowered Warpath whose peak used to be 100mph is still faster than Namor? How is that? 
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kallarkz
@god_spawn said:
@Kallarkz: I read the OP wrong that was my mistake, im back and forth between this and something else, i just caught myself responding to you.
all good
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Kallarkz: I'd say it would matter. Wolverine at most is a 2 tons and he almost had trouble with a sloppy stab going through Namor's chest. Warpath is over 12x stronger with weapons that can do just as much damage but with a much larger force behind the attack. If wolverine at 1-2 tons went through imagine what WP with his knives would do. I didn't he James was faster, I just said he should be able to react to Namor unless he somehow gets him in water, I'd still bet he would go for a fist fight at first or maybe tangle James  with his trident. 

@texasdeathmatch
I'll dig something up, Namor isn't known for being a skilled fighter, Warpath does have some h2h feats on his side since he was on X-force.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@THUNDERBOLT30: Check the edit plz, i misread the OP.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kallarkz
@god_spawn said:
@Kallarkz: I'd say it would matter. Wolverine at most is a 2 tons and he almost had trouble with a sloppy stab going through Namor's chest. Warpath is over 12x stronger with weapons that can do just as much damage but with a much larger force behind the attack. If wolverine at 1-2 tons went through imagine what WP with his knives would do. I didn't he James was faster, I just said he should be able to react to Namor unless he somehow gets him in water, I'd still bet he would go for a fist fight at first or maybe tangle James  with his trident. 

@texasdeathmatch: I'll dig something up, Namor isn't known for being a skilled fighter, Warpath does have some h2h feats on his side since he was on X-force.
I'm not quite sure I can consider the stab "sloppy" as Wolverine simply stabbed him in the chance. He was fumbling around...he simply stabbed him in the chest with his claws. 
I imagine the force of impact would send Namor flying....not quite a good strategy for Warpath to use though.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Kallarkz: Namor stated it was sloppy lol. Anyways i'd see it as going deeper in. I'm going off of that if you have a sharp object, the more pressure you apply, the deeper it goes it. It's gonna do alot of damage to Namor, it'd consider it going deeper that what Wolverine was able to do. If Namor fights like he usually does he is gonna go in for a brawl, James should be able to react to him and get a decent attack on him and if he does it's gonna hurt alot.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kallarkz
@god_spawn said:
@Kallarkz: Namor stated it was sloppy lol. Anyways i'd see it as going deeper in. I'm going off of that if you have a sharp object, the more pressure you apply, the deeper it goes it. It's gonna do alot of damage to Namor, it'd consider it going deeper that what Wolverine was able to do. If Namor fights like he usually does he is gonna go in for a brawl, James should be able to react to him and get a decent attack on him and if he does it's gonna hurt alot.
I did read Namor stating it was a "sloppy attempt to kill him" but other than that one comment I'm not quite sure what else is the scene Wolverine could have done differentley. He raised his arm and stabbed him in the chest. He didn't trip while doing it...he didn't miss and have to do it 5-6 times. He brought his arm up and put in into his chest. 
I'm not quite sure how it could go "deeper" in. It went into his chest and out through his back. Once you pass through something how can you go deeper into it? 
With Warpaths decreased strength and speed and invulnerability he would be limited to basically relying on his knives since his sheer strength is not enough to bring Namor down.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Kallarkz: Just checked  the comic again, it did go through his back, it was kind of hard to see.   Wolverine should've known better, he's stood up to Namor before. Kind of a sloppy showing if you ask me anyways before this gets off topic. Just with his strength being more than Logan's  i see the damage just being more, it doesn't necessarily need to be a stab but he could go for slashes and really do some damage, he can cut through Namor pretty easily if you ask me. I didn't say he has the strength to bring Namor down. I'm saying that through a combo of his skill, Namor's brawler style and his vibranium knives he has a chance to bring Namor down. I don't think it's easy but I would actually give James the slight majority here, Namor won't be going for a one shot and he would try to fist fight unless he brought his trident.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I actually change my mind the more I think about it. Going with Namor for the majority, scratch out my previous answers.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By progenitorigin

Namor for the majority, but not as much, considering he's depowered, James would be able to get a few wins based on current.
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By karrob

Namor 7/10

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Namor.
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MzombieX

Namor wins with little trouble.
JEdThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JEdThing
@god_spawn said:
I actually change my mind the more I think about it. Going with Namor for the majority, scratch out my previous answers.
I think your previous answers are valid. Im going with Warpath, i think you bring up great points.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@JEdThing: Thank you, I also can bring up great points for Namor if someone is willing to debate for James.
JEdThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JEdThing
@god_spawn: i've never debated on here before but id give it a shot.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@JEdThing: Sounds good I can give you some tips if you want. Debates are fun if done right.
JEdThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JEdThing
@god_spawn: Sounds good to me.