• 85 results
#1 Posted by Evil Incarnate (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor had Dr. Strange place a spell on him so that he doesn't dehydrate. Fight takes place in Washington D.C. Starfire can't use her starbolts.

Namor

vs

Starfire

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (38405 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends how fast can Namor fly cuz i can see both near the same strength level since namor cant dehydrate
#3 Edited by velle37 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire, stronger, faster, more durable, better fighter....
#4 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor.

I can agree that Starfire is probably faster as far as flight goes, but Namor has better feats of strength and durability, though Starfire isn't far off from him. At the same time, if she doesn't have her starbolts, she would be more inclined to engage in hand-to-hand combat than to fly around and be evasive. With that said, I think Namor would overwhelm her.

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (38405 posts) - - Show Bio

Ill have to go with Namor
#6 Posted by nightwing91 (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to go with starfire.

#7 Posted by Drayco90 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor- chivallry is so dead.

#8 Posted by ThaMessenger07 (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor has Slightly Greater Strength, Greater Durability, I would say is an Equally Capable Fighter with more experience but Starfire might be to close to him in all around attributes and she has been said to fly light years in short time frames while in space. I Assume her minimum speed on earth is well above super-sonic levels while Namor should be at Sub-Sonic Levels. Namor looses due to a huge speed disadvantage imo. Unless someone can show me that I am overestimating her flight speed. :D

#9 Posted by Jake Fury (19269 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor, due to the OP handicapping Starfire. 
#10 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor has her

#11 Posted by velle37 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"Namor.  I can agree that Starfire is probably faster as far as flight goes, but Namor has better feats of strength and durability, though Starfire isn't far off from him. At the same time, if she doesn't have her starbolts, she would be more inclined to engage in hand-to-hand combat than to fly around and be evasive. With that said, I think Namor would overwhelm her. "

Namor is a better h2h fighter than Starfire?......
#12 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37: I never said that he was. But, he's definitely skilled enough to fight her, as well as defeat her.
#13 Posted by velle37 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @velle37: I never said that he was. But, he's definitely skilled enough to fight her, as well as defeat her. "

Hmmm...... Not sure i agree........
#14 Posted by The_Warlord (1758 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire, In strength their equal, but Starfire is way faster. Besides she also has some energy projection.

#15 Posted by velle37 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio
@Love said:
"Starfire, In strength their equal, but Starfire is way faster. Besides she also has some energy projection. "

Her starbolts are removed for this fight........
#16 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Love said:
" Starfire, In strength their equal, but Starfire is way faster. Besides she also has some energy projection. "
There's no evidence to support that she's equal to him. She has no energy projection in his fight, as stated in the OP.

@velle37 said:
" Hmmm...... Not sure i agree........ "
I'm not trying to get you to agree with me. I'm aware of the fact that Starfire is a skilled warrior, but Namor is too (even if he may not be as skilled as she is). At the same time, he's physically superior to her and quite possibly more durable. I've seen nothing from Starfire that suggests Namor cannot contend with her in a fight. Nothing to suggest that he can't tag her or anything, either.

Perfect example. Wonder Woman is more skilled than Superman is, but Superman is still able to fight her. He does well, too.
#17 Posted by Fire Star (3407 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm I am going with a stalemate.
#18 Posted by The_Warlord (1758 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  Yeah I saw it, but still even without her strength and starbolts, she's way faster than Namor.
#19 Posted by velle37 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Love said:
" Starfire, In strength their equal, but Starfire is way faster. Besides she also has some energy projection. "
There's no evidence to support that she's equal to him. She has no energy projection in his fight, as stated in the OP.

@velle37 said:
" Hmmm...... Not sure i agree........ "
I'm not trying to get you to agree with me. I'm aware of the fact that Starfire is a skilled warrior, but Namor is too (even if he may not be as skilled as she is). At the same time, he's physically superior to her and quite possibly more durable. I've seen nothing from Starfire that suggests Namor cannot contend with her in a fight. Nothing to suggest that he can't tag her or anything, either.  Perfect example. Wonder Woman is more skilled than Superman is, but Superman is still able to fight her. He does well, too. "

Starfire is supposedly both stronger and a better fighter than Donna Troy (along with more durablity.... But Wonder family durability is poorly and inconsistently portrayed)...... I thought Namor only had Hulk like strength...... This IMO puts Star>Namor... 

I don't see Namor defeating Donna (which is basically what Starfire is without her Starbolts..... Except slightly stronger, and better at h2h), thus i don't see him beating Starfire in these conditions....... 

Also fights between Wonder Woman and Superman are mainly WIS/PIS for the most part...... Someone who is in his strength class with her insane reflex speed, magic weapons, and level of fighting skill shouldn't have showings against him, the way that they typically are...... I often think it may be subconcious (or concious) sexism......
#20 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Love said:
" @Static Shock:  Yeah I saw it, but still even without her strength and starbolts, she's way faster than Namor. "
She's only faster than Namor in flight. Without her starbolts available (what she normally uses in conjunction with her flight), she's more likely to engage in hand-to-hand combat. If anything, she's bound to 'fight' his fight. This is evidently the case for three reasons.

1) In Superman/Batman #4, she attempted to engage Superman in hand-to-hand combat, when he tanked her starbolts without harm. She was eventually tossed aside, but you get the idea.
2) When she fought against Amazonians in Themyscura during her teen year, she did so without her starbolts.
3) She tried to fight Deathstroke hand-to-hand when she was unable to tag him with her startbolts.

Based on all of this, if she doesn't have her starbolts available or finds them useless, she's going to get physical. That right there is Namor's specialty.
#21 Posted by The_Warlord (1758 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  You have some solid arguments. I'm still not convinced, I see her circling Namor and constantly tagging him
#22 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:

"Starfire is supposedly both stronger and a better fighter than Donna Troy (along with more durablity.... But Wonder family durability is poorly and inconsistently portrayed)...... I thought Namor only had Hulk like strength...... This IMO puts Star>Namor...

I'm aware of Starfire being stronger than Donna. But, being stronger than Donna (who doesn't even have a lot of feats herself, so it's difficult to gauge her strength) doesn't make Starfire stronger than Namor (who has better feats of strength than her). 

Namor might as well be stronger than both of them. Having Hulk-level strength (and Hulk has feats) would mean that Hulk is stronger than the both of them, too.

@velle37

said:

"I don't see Namor defeating Donna (which is basically what Starfire is without her Starbolts..... Except slightly stronger, and better at h2h), thus i don't see him beating Starfire in these conditions.......

In a hand-to-hand fight, I can. Even then, we don't even know if Starfire is still better than Donna now (since Wonder Woman has already confirmed that Donna has become a better fighter, but that's got no relevance here).

@velle37

said:

" Also fights between Wonder Woman and Superman are mainly WIS/PIS for the most part...... Someone who is in his strength class with her insane reflex speed, magic weapons, and level of fighting skill shouldn't have showings against him, the way that they typically are...... I often think it may be subconcious (or concious) sexism...... "

There's nothing PIS about fights between Superman and Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman may be in his strength class, but she's not stronger than him. Her insane reflex speed in comparison to his is a debatable subject, but at the same time, he has been able to tag her and contend with her numerous times. Her fighting skills, although superior to his, have only kept her on her toes in a fight with him. I recall the instance in JLA when she stated that she was faster than Superman in a fight because her reactions are built into muscle memory. All that tells me is that she reacts based on instinct in a fight (because fighting for a lifetime has become first nature for her), even more so than Superman does, so she would be more ready to attack and defend. Reaction time between the both of them is an entirely different subject. But, the fact remains that Superman is still able to contend with her, either way. Not only that, but Superman has actually shown several instances impressive battle speed (throwing punches and kicks at superhuman speeds to overwhelm his opponent), so there should be no reason that Superman cannot tag her or fight her evenly.

Her only magical weapons against him, if she's not armed, is her tiara and the lasso. The tiara only helped her once, and Superman avoided the lasso with his superhuman speed. 
#23 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Love said:
" @Static Shock:  You have some solid arguments. I'm still not convinced, I see her circling Namor and constantly tagging him "
I'm not trying to convince you. I'm making an argument based on how Starfire conducts herself in a fight. I don't see her circling him and tagging him like you say because she's not likely to do that. 

But, to each his own.
#24 Posted by velle37 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"@velle37 said:

"Starfire is supposedly both stronger and a better fighter than Donna Troy (along with more durablity.... But Wonder family durability is poorly and inconsistently portrayed)...... I thought Namor only had Hulk like strength...... This IMO puts Star>Namor...

I'm aware of Starfire being stronger than Donna. But, being stronger than Donna (who doesn't even have a lot of feats herself, so it's difficult to gauge her strength) doesn't make Starfire stronger than Namor (who has better feats of strength than her). 

Namor might as well be stronger than both of them. Having Hulk-level strength (and Hulk has feats) would mean that Hulk is stronger than the both of them, too.

@velle37

said:

"I don't see Namor defeating Donna (which is basically what Starfire is without her Starbolts..... Except slightly stronger, and better at h2h), thus i don't see him beating Starfire in these conditions.......

In a hand-to-hand fight, I can. Even then, we don't even know if Starfire is still better than Donna now (since Wonder Woman has already confirmed that Donna has become a better fighter, but that's got no relevance here).

@velle37

said:

" Also fights between Wonder Woman and Superman are mainly WIS/PIS for the most part...... Someone who is in his strength class with her insane reflex speed, magic weapons, and level of fighting skill shouldn't have showings against him, the way that they typically are...... I often think it may be subconcious (or concious) sexism...... "

There's nothing PIS about fights between Superman and Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman may be in his strength class, but she's not stronger than him. Her insane reflex speed in comparison to his is a debatable subject, but at the same time, he has been able to tag her and contend with her numerous times. Her fighting skills, although superior to his, have only kept her on her toes in a fight with him. I recall the instance in JLA when she stated that she was faster than Superman in a fight because her reactions are built into muscle memory. All that tells me is that she reacts based on instinct in a fight (because fighting for a lifetime has become first nature for her), even more so than Superman does, so she would be more ready to attack and defend. Reaction time between the both of them is an entirely different subject. But, the fact remains that Superman is still able to contend with her, either way. Not only that, but Superman has actually shown several instances impressive battle speed (throwing punches and kicks at superhuman speeds to overwhelm his opponent), so there should be no reason that Superman cannot tag her or fight her evenly. Her only magical weapons against him, if she's not armed, is her tiara and the lasso. The tiara only helped her once, and Superman avoided the lasso with his superhuman speed.  "

Donna is a younger version of WW, who has the ability to move at least a third of the planet.... Even if Donna had a fraction of WW's strength (which is most likely significantly more than half of WW's strength), that is above Hulk/Namor level strength..... Thus putting Starfire in that range as well.......

WW's reflexes have allowed her to deflect projectiles from all angles at once..... They are the best portrayed reflexes in comics IMO..... And muscle memory isn't attacking.. It's knowing how to defend automatically, without thought....... Repitition in martial arts is to make their reactions instinctual........ I am a martial arts student myself...... 

This does not make her an offensive fighter, simply one who is ready at any moment....

The only things Supes has on WW are durability, raw speed (slight margin, but still significantly higher), heat vision (which can be blocked easily by her bracelets, his wide beams are too much for him to continually do as he has stated himself), and freeze breath (which WW has been able to break out of, and is fast enough to dodge in other scenarios)....... His strength advantage is trumped by her martial skill, if it came to a close contact fight....... 

And WW can also summon a magical lightning storm with her bracelets... This would no doubt do some damage to Superman....... 

If anything i see them as equals....... but putting Superman above WW at all times is illogical IMO, considering her skills and assets........
#25 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
 "Donna is a younger version of WW, who has the ability to move at least a third of the planet.... Even if Donna had a fraction of WW's strength (which is most likely significantly more than half of WW's strength), that is above Hulk/Namor level strength..... Thus putting Starfire in that range as well.......
That's opinionated. Whatever Donna is, she's not as strong as Wonder Woman, and has never shown feats on her level. There's not even documentation of Donna being in Wonder Woman's strength class. The same goes for Starfire. Neither of them have feats on Wonder Woman's level. At the same time, Namor and Hulk have better feats of strength than Starfire and Donna. Thus, they have shown to be stronger than them. They are not as strong as you think they are.  

I mean, seriously. Both Donna and Starfire had trouble stopping the T-Wing from falling out of the sky. At the same time, Wonder Woman caught a large meteor falling out of the sky without any strain or effort. Starfire struggled to lift a large boulder, recently. She got it up, but it looked as if it took a lot effort. At the same time, Namor struggles to lift oil tankers and the like. He still got it up, though, and held it for a few seconds.

@velle37 said:
"WW's reflexes have allowed her to deflect projectiles from all angles at once..... They are the best portrayed reflexes in comics IMO..... And muscle memory isn't attacking.. It's knowing how to defend automatically, without thought....... Repitition in martial arts is to make their reactions instinctual........ I am a martial arts student myself......  This does not make her an offensive fighter, simply one who is ready at any moment...
I'm well aware of what Wonder Woman can do with her reflexes. But, it doesn't mean that she reacts faster than Superman. Either way, you've just admitted that her reactions are instinctual. I'm a martial arts student, too. Muscle memory may not be attacking, but attacking on instinct is what Wonder Woman does, meaning that she's more to ready to attack than Superman. 

@velle37 said:
" The only things Supes has on WW are durability, raw speed (slight margin, but still significantly higher), heat vision (which can be blocked easily by her bracelets, his wide beams are too much for him to continually do as he has stated himself), and freeze breath (which WW has been able to break out of, and is fast enough to dodge in other scenarios)....... His strength advantage is trumped by her martial skill, if it came to a close contact fight.......  And WW can also summon a magical lightning storm with her bracelets... This would no doubt do some damage to Superman.......
All I'm saying is Superman has shown to give Wonder Woman trouble in every fight they've had, even though she's better skilled. He has the speed and strength to contend and tag her without much trouble, and in every fight, he's done well. Being that they are around the same level, my point on not being as skilled as she is, but still give her a hell of a fight stands. As far as his strength advantage being trumped by her ability to fight, I don't know. Superman seems to break her bones easily, and drawn blood from her more easily than she can from him. I wouldn't say that his strength advantage is trumped, per se.

@velle37 said:
" If anything i see them as equals....... but putting Superman above WW at all times is illogical IMO, considering her skills and assets........ "
There's really nothing to suggest that they are equal in strength, and Superman has shown to be stronger. The difference in strength, even though it's in the same class, is marginal. Being a better fighter than Superman doesn't mean she's going to be his physical equal.
#26 Posted by velle37 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @velle37 said:
 "Donna is a younger version of WW, who has the ability to move at least a third of the planet.... Even if Donna had a fraction of WW's strength (which is most likely significantly more than half of WW's strength), that is above Hulk/Namor level strength..... Thus putting Starfire in that range as well.......
That's opinionated. Whatever Donna is, she's not as strong as Wonder Woman, and has never shown feats on her level. There's not even documentation of Donna being in Wonder Woman's strength class. The same goes for Starfire. Neither of them have feats on Wonder Woman's level. At the same time, Namor and Hulk have better feats of strength than Starfire and Donna. Thus, they have shown to be stronger than them. They are not as strong as you think they are.  

I mean, seriously. Both Donna and Starfire had trouble stopping the T-Wing from falling out of the sky. At the same time, Wonder Woman caught a large meteor falling out of the sky without any strain or effort. Starfire struggled to lift a large boulder, recently. She got it up, but it looked as if it took a lot effort. At the same time, Namor struggles to lift oil tankers and the like. He still got it up, though, and held it for a few seconds.

@velle37 said:
"WW's reflexes have allowed her to deflect projectiles from all angles at once..... They are the best portrayed reflexes in comics IMO..... And muscle memory isn't attacking.. It's knowing how to defend automatically, without thought....... Repitition in martial arts is to make their reactions instinctual........ I am a martial arts student myself......  This does not make her an offensive fighter, simply one who is ready at any moment...
I'm well aware of what Wonder Woman can do with her reflexes. But, it doesn't mean that she reacts faster than Superman. Either way, you've just admitted that her reactions are instinctual. I'm a martial arts student, too. Muscle memory may not be attacking, but attacking on instinct is what Wonder Woman does, meaning that she's more to ready to attack than Superman. 

@velle37 said:
" The only things Supes has on WW are durability, raw speed (slight margin, but still significantly higher), heat vision (which can be blocked easily by her bracelets, his wide beams are too much for him to continually do as he has stated himself), and freeze breath (which WW has been able to break out of, and is fast enough to dodge in other scenarios)....... His strength advantage is trumped by her martial skill, if it came to a close contact fight.......  And WW can also summon a magical lightning storm with her bracelets... This would no doubt do some damage to Superman.......
All I'm saying is Superman has shown to give Wonder Woman trouble in every fight they've had, even though she's better skilled. He has the speed and strength to contend and tag her without much trouble, and in every fight, he's done well. Being that they are around the same level, my point on not being as skilled as she is, but still give her a hell of a fight stands. As far as his strength advantage being trumped by her ability to fight, I don't know. Superman seems to break her bones easily, and drawn blood from her more easily than she can from him. I wouldn't say that his strength advantage is trumped, per se.

@velle37 said:
" If anything i see them as equals....... but putting Superman above WW at all times is illogical IMO, considering her skills and assets........ "
There's really nothing to suggest that they are equal in strength, and Superman has shown to be stronger. The difference in strength, even though it's in the same class, is marginal. Being a better fighter than Superman doesn't mean she's going to be his physical equal. "

Star, Miss Martian, or Cassandra should've been able to hold the T-wing by themselves, that was poor writing....... Giving heroes the elementof the "struggle" to further their heroic image or whatever..... 

But it's cool... I guess we have to agree to disagree......
#27 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
"Star, Miss Martian, or Cassandra should've been able to hold the T-wing by themselves, that was poor writing....... Giving heroes the elementof the "struggle" to further their heroic image or whatever.....  But it's cool... I guess we have to agree to disagree...... "
I think the element of 'struggle' should say something about how strong someone is under optimal conditions. The T-Wing itself was falling way too fast for it to be stopped immediately by those girls (considering their strength class). I understand either of them stopping it with ease if they were as strong as Wonder Woman or anyone in her strength class. But, that's not the case, so stopping the T-Wing would be much more difficult for them.

But, it's aight. I can't convince everyone.
#28 Posted by wallywest55 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

based on the fact that starfire is only using starbolts which wouldn't phase namor it would come to a hand to hand fight. She is good but after a slug fest with namor she will get beat up. =D

#29 Posted by velle37 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @velle37 said:
"Star, Miss Martian, or Cassandra should've been able to hold the T-wing by themselves, that was poor writing....... Giving heroes the elementof the "struggle" to further their heroic image or whatever.....  But it's cool... I guess we have to agree to disagree...... "
I think the element of 'struggle' should say something about how strong someone is under optimal conditions. The T-Wing itself was falling way too fast for it to be stopped immediately by those girls (considering their strength class). I understand either of them stopping it with ease if they were as strong as Wonder Woman or anyone in her strength class. But, that's not the case, so stopping the T-Wing would be much more difficult for them.  But, it's aight. I can't convince everyone. "

Ay, i respect your opinion more than probably anyone else on this site, there's only one other person who competes.... 

And you're probably much more knowledgeable on Namor than I am....... So you may very well be right.... 

Just from what i've read i don't see from your perspective yet..... That's all it is......
#30 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@wallywest55 said:
" based on the fact that starfire is only using starbolts which wouldn't phase namor it would come to a hand to hand fight. She is good but after a slug fest with namor she will get beat up. =D "
Starfire doesn't have the starbolts here. That's stated in the OP. If she did have them, the fight would be unfair. He would be dehydrated by repeated shots.

@velle37 said:
"Ay, i respect your opinion more than probably anyone else on this site, there's only one other person who competes....  And you're probably much more knowledgeable on Namor than I am....... So you may very well be right....  Just from what i've read i don't see from your perspective yet..... That's all it is...... "
That's cool. A lot of people see things differently, so I don't judge. 
#31 Posted by Aqua11500 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire is the better warrior,she has speed advantage and even though she cannot make use of her Starbolts she gets the win simply because Namor and Star are just about equally durable and they may around the same 100 tons of strength 

I give it Star because she is a better fighter.

#32 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500 said:
" and they may around the same 100 tons of strength 
Can you prove that Starfire is just as strong as Namor (who obviously has more feats than she does)?
#33 Posted by Aqua11500 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Aqua11500 said:
" and they may around the same 100 tons of strength 
Can you prove that Starfire is just as strong as Namor (who obviously has more feats than she does)? "
 Just because Namor has more feats proves nothing, i could give you only 3 scans of Starfire doing incredible things with her strength and i could level out the 10 most powerful things Namor has ever preformed wit his feats.they are about equal,if not equal Star is slightly stronger and edges him out. 

and Namor's big down fall is his deprivment of H2o,the longer he;' out of the water,the easier it is for Starfire to pounce his ass .
#34 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor.

#35 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500 said:
" Just because Namor has more feats proves nothing, i could give you only 3 scans of Starfire doing incredible things with her strength and i could level out the 10 most powerful things Namor has ever preformed wit his feats.they are about equal,if not equal Star is slightly stronger and edges him out.  and Namor's big down fall is his deprivment of H2o,the longer he;' out of the water,the easier it is for Starfire to pounce his ass . "
In all of those feats, Namor is lifting things heavier than what Starfire has ever lifted. So, it does prove something that's painfully obvious. Fact is, Namor has more impressive showings of strength than Starfire does, and based on that, he is stronger than she is. They are not equal, and she isn't slightly stronger than anyone here. Namor is as full power in his fight, and based on the OP, he doesn't dehydrated. Therefore, she isn't pouncing on anyone as easily as you think.
#36 Posted by Cats (656 posts) - - Show Bio

On Namor's profile it says that he can lift around 40 tons the most while on land, thats far below starfire's normal strength, and wayyy below her berserker strength. 

#37 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cats said:
" On Namor's profile it says that he can lift around 40 tons the most while on land, thats far below starfire's normal strength, and wayyy below her berserker strength.  "
Namor is full hydrated here, and based on the OP, he will not dehydrate on land.
#38 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cats: 1) Namor's profile can be edited by anyone. 
2) That doesn't apply here, as you would see if you read the OP.
#39 Posted by Aqua11500 (2632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  It's painfully obviously  that your underestimating Starfire, Namor could win,but all in all Star takes this..Listen to yourself,   

Fact is, Namor has more impressive showings of strength than Starfire does

You assume Namor has far more impressive feats,but have you ever Seen some of Kory's strongest feats??/ do you read Teentitans.Just don't flat out assume he is stronger than Star,It has been stated and shown that Star can lift up to 100 tons,Namor is somewhere around that level,bit not quite there.
#40 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500: He's not assuming. Static knows what he is talking about. He wouldn't say it if he couldn't back it up.
#41 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500 said:
" @Static Shock:  It's painfully obviously  that your underestimating Starfire, Namor could win,but all in all Star takes this..Listen to yourself
I'm not underestimating anyone. I'm telling you that Starfire isn't as strong as you believe her to be. At the same time, Namor has actually lifting things heavier than what she's lifted. It's very simple.

@Aqua11500 said:
" You assume Namor has far more impressive feats,but have you ever Seen some of Kory's strongest feats??/ do you read Teentitans.Just don't flat out assume he is stronger than Star,It has been stated and shown that Star can lift up to 100 tons,Namor is somewhere around that level,bit not quite there. "
He does, and I have seen her feats. They don't stack up to his. Don't belittle my intelligence by asking me if I read Teen Titans. I've read a number of her appearances and I have an idea of how strong she is. I know what's stated about her and about Namor also, but Namor has shown to be stronger than her. Saying that he's not quite Class 100 is a lie. He's lifted an oil tanker. Those things weigh at least 100,000 tons. 

But, since you seem to know more about Kory than I do, tell me. What are her best strength feats? Prove me wrong or something.
#42 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Starfire.

#43 Posted by King Saturn (225200 posts) - - Show Bio
hmmm... this may actually be sort of a tough battle... 
I think I will go with Starfire in a very tough fight with The Sub Mariner
#44 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: @King Saturn: Why?
#45 Posted by sa5m (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

vey interesting I beleive starfire.....

#46 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @Gambler: @King Saturn: Why? "

I believe they are evenly/closely matched in almost every area with a slight edge in combat expertise/skill going to Starfire. Which in my opinion is what puts her over the top.
#47 Posted by King Saturn (225200 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Gambler: @King Saturn: Why? "
well they are pretty even in most categories... though I think Starfire has the slight edge with the Energy Projection
#48 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" I believe they are evenly/closely matched in almost every area with a slight edge in combat expertise/skill going to Starfire. Which in my opinion is what puts her over the top. "
What makes her evenly/closely matched with him in strength? What feats does she have that make her just as strong as he is?
#49 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" well they are pretty even in most categories... though I think Starfire has the slight edge with the Energy Projection "
There's no energy projection here, as stated in OP.

I'm assuming since you say they are even in most categories, you're including physical strength. If this is the case, what makes them even?
#50 Posted by King Saturn (225200 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
" well they are pretty even in most categories... though I think Starfire has the slight edge with the Energy Projection "
There's no energy projection here, as stated in OP.  I'm assuming since you say they are even in most categories, you're including physical strength. If this is the case, what makes them even? "
the physical strength is tricky... because both of them have class 100 strength... to what extent Starfire's go I am not sure... I was hoping that both characters were allowed to use everything here... now without Energy Projection the fight may go in Namor's direction since its just a Slugfest now...