Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Namor 

VS 

Shark 

Miami, Flordia.  Midday.  Fight begins on the beach.

Rules: 
-Random encounter. 
-Begin 15 feet apart. 
-Standard elimination rules apply. 
-Morals apply. 
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

If Namor can use his speed and fight wisely, he wins.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Perhaps I'll add "THOR! BATMAN! WOLVERINE!" to the title to gain more attention.
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
Perhaps I'll add "THOR! BATMAN! WOLVERINE!" to the title to gain more attention.

LOL.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By cattlebattle
@k4tzm4n said:
LOL, why do you always make comments like this to be sardonic when you know thats the truth

maybe if you put 100 Batmans vs 10 Thors you would get more hits lol
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By progenitorigin

I could see this going to Namor.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By YoungGunna

If Namor can't stop Shark from probing his mind he's screwed if he could read Hal's than Namor's shouldn't be a problem...

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasn't Shark lost his mental powers ?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YoungGunna said:

If Namor can't stop Shark from probing his mind he's screwed if he could read Hal's than Namor's shouldn't be a problem...

Does Shark have telepathy or something?
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By MrDirector786
@venomoushatred1001 said:
@YoungGunna said:
Deos Shark have telepathy or something?

This is from the Silver Age. Not sure if Modern Age still has telepathy though. 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Current Shark (as seen in the OP) only uses the TP for basic communication.  For example, "brains," "food," "hungry," etc.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Modern examples of his TP in use: 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor. 
He should be stronger, faster than Shark also his flight would be an advantage. I'm assuming durability/endurance would be around the same. Shark could use/attack innocents on the beach (if there are any on the beach) but I don't see that tactic working long. If the battle was to move into the ocean I can see it being somewhat more even but, I still think Namor comes out the victor more often than not.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By progenitorigin

I wonder how well Tiger Shark would fare against Shark.
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@progenitor said:

Maybe you should make a thread :)
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By progenitorigin
@venomoushatred1001 said:
@progenitor said:
Maybe you should make a thread :)

Mayhaps! I've only made one so far, but we shall see.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@_slim_
Thanks for elaborating. 

However, Hal had both the strength and speed advantage and that didn't appear to be the deciding factor in their battle.
Avatar image for insheepsclothes
insheepsclothes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By insheepsclothes

is shark faster in the water than namor?? and whats shark's estimated strength lvl?

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

A giant mutant shark versus Namor...? 

I don't know whether to yell "SPITE!" or just laugh hysterically....

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Illuminatus
Or you could research the character before jumping to a conclusion.  This "giant mutant shark" gave Hal Jordan an incredible amount of difficutly in #5.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I didn't know that. I've never read anything with him in it so I don't know that character that well. I just based my answer from what I was able to look up on him and give my opinion how he would fare against Namor. 

I kinda figured with him being a rouge of GL he would be able to go toe 2 toe with Namor. From what I read on him and what i seen in your scans, I thought that given his mindset he looks like he would be prone to mindless rages or something like that. I don't know how sharp his claws would be, and if they would do serious damage to Namor. I just figured him to be a basic brick character, that would mostly go h2h with Namor.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@_slim_
Fair enough, sir. 
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By nefarious

Must Research this character named Shark.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Mercy_
@k4tzm4n

And pictures! Moar pictures less word things!
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Mercy_

Awesome battle btw.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By cyberninja

Namor wins. 

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By difficlus
@k4tzm4n said:
such is the way of battle forums here. Advertising is key.    
which comic series did shark appear in where he gave GLS trouble? I want to know because they should have been jobbing Hal. Normally he could trap him in a bubble and throw him to orbit or something or blasts him with grenades backing the power of a sun. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@The Dark Huntress
Thank you. 

@everyone else:

I'll provide scans shortly.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@difficlus said:
which comic series did shark appear in where he gave GLS trouble?
Geoff Johns' Green Lantern.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By difficlus
@k4tzm4n said:

Nice scans!
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OmegaDynasty

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By difficlus

Ok Namor wins this straight up in the water. Those scans, GL is clearly not using the best of his abilities. But either way the pschic field which made Hal grow fearful and lose focus won't he harming Namor. His skin is super tough and just because he grows fearful doesn't mean his durability will decrease.  Unlike Hal he's likely not holding back on some mutant shark. One punch and lights out for shark boy. 
For Hal that fight is clearly WIS/PIS: 

• Shark gets the drop on Hal? How? What happened to proximity alert.
  • Green power ring stops working? Why? Hal has stood up to sinestro before without his power ring shorting out due to fear or something
  • Hal is bleeding constantly in the battle. because the power ring can't heal his injuries at whim?
  • Lack of offensive ring capabilities: Sure he could have released some energy from the ring which could bust planets. All his constructs are for restraining and somehow constructs that have stood of to people like superman and sinestro are failing here and can't restrain a shark? He didn't even try to go intangible to avoid the shark. 
  • psychic field affecting green lantern? I thought he could block psychic from entering his mind even as power as Martian Manhunter. He resisted mental domination from cyborg superman and yellow lantern. Even if the psychic field could penetrate his shields he should have no trouble fighting it off.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was able to break through Hal's constructs. I see he still has his ability to instill fear didin't know that, I thought it was gone with the rest of his mental abilities. The hungrier he is the bigger he gets (didn't know that either lol).  I see he was able to take Hal detonating the battery in his mouth.

Yeah... these scans give me good idea of his abilities and how he would fare against Namor now. it would tougher than I thought it would be. Could he instill fear in Namor?, If he's strong enough to break through Hal's constructs, I can see him doing damage to Namor. 

Nice scans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't really get the drop on Hal, it appeared Hal was waiting for him. As for the ring it would seem it might not have been fully charged while Hal was using it, as it would explain that when he came out of the water his power levels were 45%. 

As for the physic field he said it didn't really affect him just slowed him down and maybe Shark breaking through his constructs caught him off guard. Just how I saw it imo.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@_slim_
Thanks.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By difficlus
@_slim_ said:

He didn't really get the drop on Hal, it appeared Hal was waiting for him.

He suprised him while he was trying to recharge. As for the psychic field he says it paralyzes people but here its not doing as much to him as a normal person. Even so Martian Manhunter cannot enter a GL's mind unless he wants them do. Hal didn't even try to put a shield up against it. He didn't even heal his cuts, he let himself bleed to near unconsciousness. The ring not being full charged doesn't mean it can't do some things. It can access the full range of abilities even at 1% charge. 

@_slim_

said:

He was able to break through Hal's constructs. I see he still has his ability to instill fear didin't know that, I thought it was gone with the rest of his mental abilities. The hungrier he is the bigger he gets (didn't know that either lol).  I see he was able to take Hal detonating the battery in his mouth.   Yeah... these scans give me good idea of his abilities and how he would fare against Namor now. it would tougher than I thought it would be. Could he instill fear in Namor?, If he's strong enough to break through Hal's constructs, I can see him doing damage to Namor.   Nice scans.

Thing is Hal has gone up against Sinestro, superman and cyborg superman and mongul and these high tier peeps and his constructs fair pretty well. Also able to take hal detonating the battery in his mouth? that's a ton of energy that would take down even superman. Hal busted Nero just by a smaller explosions. its obvious he's jobbing here.   
Also unlike Hal who can drown in water and needs to go to the surface because his ring craps out on him and his power battery is destroyed (at 45 % he doesn't even need a recharge) Namor gets uber powerful in water and very mad if this shark tries tearing him up. Unlike hal who didn't even do anything offensively apart from the power ring buster he would literally tear this guy apart with his hands. Like rip his organs out or take him down at the bottom of sea and let its head explode due to pressure. Namor hands down here.
Also the only reason he can break Hals constructs like paper is because they're only as strong as his will. if he was been fearful here then his constructs would be feeble. Even hal says so when it breaks his shark cage (which is the only one he did break). His constructs have stood planetary busters at full power so there is no way it could break them without PIS or Hal jobbing.  

it seems Shark needs a nice helping of WIS and a plate of PIS to actually handle Hal here. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@difficlus: In the 1st scan? It appeared he was waiting by what he said. And when checked his ring to see his how much power he had left, he then had his ring bring the lantern to recharge his battery before he went back into the water. But Shark attacked him before he could recharge it.

I agree that with Namor the battle would be much different than with Hal. How Shark was able to take Hal detonating the battery idk, I agree with your point about how much energy is in the battery. I always assumed the batteries would contain a lot of energy. As for the rest of your post I already give my opinion on how I thought Shark was able to break Hal constructs in the post below the one you responded to.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By difficlus
@_slim_ said:

@difficlus: In the 1st scan? It appeared he was waiting by what he said. And when checked his ring to see his how much power he had left, he then had his ring bring the lantern to recharge his battery before he went back into the water. But Shark attacked him before he could recharge it.  I agree that with Namor the battle would be much different than with Hal. How Shark was able to take Hal detonating the battery idk, I agree with your point about how much energy is in the battery. I always assumed the batteries would contained a lot of energy. As for the rest of your post I already give my opinion on how I thought Shark was able to break Hal constructs in the post below the one you responded to.

I mean the 7th scan where Hal is trying to recharge and it comes out of the water and attacks him.   
For shark and his constructs GL's can't just be taken off guard, there rings alerts them to any damages or manipulations to their constructs. In the 8th scan Hal needs his power battery busting to take down the psychic field Shark put up which doesn't make sense since it should never affect him in anyway but w/e. That's Geoff John's for you...
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39  Edited By Erik

Namor. He can just calm Shark since he can communicate to underwater life. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@difficlus
Never said the ring wouldn't be able to do what it's capable of because the power level was low. I just assumed that given the scan when he check to see the power level, that in the first scan it might not have been fully charged to begin with, Assuming Hal wouldn't be using it to it's full capabilities since it could have been low to begin with it. 

I also agree that maybe Hal did job to him given what his capable of with the ring, with the way he just examined him like it was nothing. I thought he saw Shark as a threat to civilians but not really so much to him and with his ring low ( I'm just guessing) and didn't need to exert the ring too much and waste the power (if I'm somewhat right on how the ring works). Combine that with Shark's ability to instill fear not affecting Hal, but slowing him down he was able to break the constructs and caught Hal off guard. I'm just stating how I saw the scans, I'm far from an expert on GL so my knowledge isn't that great.

I never changed my answer on who would win the fight. I still think Namor wins, but that it would be somewhat tougher than what I thought before.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Erik
That's up in the air since Shark has TP (limited to basic thoughts now, but it still remains) and I have no clue if that would provide a defense from Namor's ability.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Erik
@k4tzm4n said:
@Erik: That's up in the air since Shark has TP (limited to basic thoughts now, but it still remains) and I have no clue if that would provide a defense from Namor's ability.
When he used it on the dragon-thingy in Namor 10 (or 9?) he had a complete conversation with it and it seemed to understand him fully. So even though Shark might have limited TP, it still functions at a lower level than other creatures he has used it on successfully. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Erik
This "dragon-thingy" you speak of has telepathic abilities? 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Erik
@k4tzm4n said:
@Erik: This "dragon-thingy" you speak of has telepathic abilities?  
No. But it seemed very clearly more intelligent than Shark. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By difficlus
@_slim_ said:
Never said the ring wouldn't be able to do what it's capable of because the power level was low. I just assumed that given the scan when he check to see the power level, that in the first scan it might not have been fully charged to begin with, Assuming Hal wouldn't be using it to it's full capabilities since it could have been low to begin with it.   I also agree that maybe Hal did job to him given what his capable of with the ring, with the way he just examined him like it was nothing. I thought he saw Shark as a threat to civilians but not really so much to him and with his ring low ( I'm just guessing) and didn't need to exert the ring too much and waste the power (if I'm somewhat right on how the ring works). Combine that with Shark's ability to instill fear not affecting Hal, but slowing him down he was able to break the constructs and caught Hal off guard. I'm just stating how I saw the scans, I'm far from an expert on GL so my knowledge isn't that great.  I never changed my answer on who would win the fight. I still think Namor wins, but that it would be somewhat tougher than what I thought before.
The way the ring works is ambigious but it needs a recharge once every 24 hours either way The only reason Hal does recharge isn't because of wasting power but due to time. doing things like this doesn't really expend GL energy when John has created a Solar system with it and still had juice left inside it. Slowing him down should not really affect Hal's constructs and no in the first scan he didn't catch him off guard really. if Hal wasn't putting much will into them then they could break easily but really his force fields have taken planet busters at will and John took a near solar system buster in cosmic odyssey. If the psychic field didn't really affect him or his mind or not the force field is not reliant on his mental state. It would activate even if he was KOed. So i'm not sure how those attacks actually made Hal bleed.  

I think Namor takes the cake easily...
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Erik said:
@k4tzm4n said:

My point isn't the level of intellect Shark currently has, but instead the fact it uses telepathy to communicate.  Originally, it had powerful TP, but Johns appeared to retcon the character just to the telepathy is used for communication.  That begs the question if that level of telepathy has any kind of defense against Namor's ability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@difficlus said:
@_slim_ said:
Never said the ring wouldn't be able to do what it's capable of because the power level was low. I just assumed that given the scan when he check to see the power level, that in the first scan it might not have been fully charged to begin with, Assuming Hal wouldn't be using it to it's full capabilities since it could have been low to begin with it.   I also agree that maybe Hal did job to him given what his capable of with the ring, with the way he just examined him like it was nothing. I thought he saw Shark as a threat to civilians but not really so much to him and with his ring low ( I'm just guessing) and didn't need to exert the ring too much and waste the power (if I'm somewhat right on how the ring works). Combine that with Shark's ability to instill fear not affecting Hal, but slowing him down he was able to break the constructs and caught Hal off guard. I'm just stating how I saw the scans, I'm far from an expert on GL so my knowledge isn't that great.  I never changed my answer on who would win the fight. I still think Namor wins, but that it would be somewhat tougher than what I thought before.
The way the ring works is ambigious but it needs a recharge once every 24 hours either way The only reason Hal does recharge isn't because of wasting power but due to time. doing things like this doesn't really expend GL energy when John has created a Solar system with it and still had juice left inside it. Slowing him down should not really affect Hal's constructs and no in the first scan he didn't catch him off guard really. if Hal wasn't putting much will into them then they could break easily but really his force fields have taken planet busters at will and John took a near solar system buster in cosmic odyssey. If the psychic field didn't really affect him or his mind or not the force field is not reliant on his mental state. It would activate even if he was KOed. So i'm not sure how those attacks actually made Hal bleed.   I think Namor takes the cake easily...
I see what you saying.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Erik
@k4tzm4n said:
@Erik said:
@k4tzm4n said:
My point isn't the level of intellect Shark currently has, but instead the fact it uses telepathy to communicate.  Originally, it had powerful TP, but Johns appeared to retcon the character just to the telepathy is used for communication.  That begs the question if that level of telepathy has any kind of defense against Namor's ability.
Since it is only used for communication, I do not believe so. 
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By daak1212
@k4tzm4n: I think this might go to Shark seeing what I just saw with the Hal Jordan thing. You seem to have a penchant of putting obscure characters against well known characters.  Hell you should do Josiah X, Black Marvel (40's), White Tiger (Kasper Kole), Junta, Prodigy, and Nightshade vs some famous team.