Namor!! Valkaad where are you?

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Rdeegvainl

Let me look up Namor, It think Hercules holding up the universe on his shoulders kind of makes him quite a contender, but I'll do a little research before I make a choice.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the creator

If this is not near water, or in water, Hercules wins because of the following

He's stronger (by a good measure, at least 20 - 30%)

He has virtually unlimited endurance (Namor does not)

He's more durable

He's a better fighter

I do think that Namor's ability to fly could give him a slight tactical advantage but not to overcome Hercules overall greater abilities.

If I remember correctly, they did actually fight in an issue of the Avengers, and Hercules put a hurtin on Namor.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By The_Martian

I think Namor gets it due to his ability to fly. That is a huge advantage that he has on Herc and I think the deciding factor of this fight.

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rdeegvainl

Hercules can lift well over 100 tons(namor about 100 tons), virtually tireless , golden mace of adamantine, and nemean lion skin armor, rapid healing rate, master of archery comparable to hawkeye, expert in hand to hand combat and wrestling, can standing high jump 100 feet, I want to give this one to hercules. But I don't know the nuances of Namor, even after looking at his page. Flight does give Namor an edge, but i still think that it goes to Herc.
Post Edited:2007-11-08 12:26:26

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sling Shot

I wish Marvel would actually show Herc using half the stuff his page says he has.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Rotten gun

namor

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rdeegvainl

Colt, you may be right, but why? Sorry I don't have access to those texts you speak of.

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rdeegvainl

Iron man 80 Tons at maximum, Namor about 100, Herc, well over 100, I'm not taking the strength argument. I don't know about the blackbolt thing going on, so I accept that hes a powerhouse, but to the rest of your argument about him having no qualms killing, he's not fighting some punk of the street, this is a GOD

From his page on Comicvine

"Hercules love of combat and sense of fair play prevent him from using his Golden Mace and Nemean Lion Skin armor in most circumstances. When the situation does arrive for him to use them, these two items combined with Hercules natural strength and invulnerability turn Hercules, who is already a formidable combatant, into an almost unstoppable force of Olympus."

So I think he'll drop the kid gloves with Namor. Anyone else care to comment about the Blackbolt incident, cause I can't really say Herc would win without a counterpoint to that.

Oh and Colt, thanks for elaborating for me, and nice pic :)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The_Creator says:

"If this is not near water, or in water, Hercules wins because of the followingHe's stronger (by a good measure, at least 20 - 30%)He has virtually unlimited endurance (Namor does not)He's more durableHe's a better fighterI do think that Namor's ability to fly could give him a slight tactical advantage but not to overcome Hercules overall greater abilities.If I remember correctly, they did actually fight in an issue of the Avengers, and Hercules put a hurtin on Namor."

Really? That would be cool if someone had some scans of that fight.

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kraven

The fight is taking place in a city with a standard water front. (meaning it is not in water or right beside water but Namor does have access to water)

Neither has any weapons. (and incase there is any confusion, we are talking about the Marvel U Herc)

I think it proves to be a long evenly matched fight, especially with Hercules' wrestling capabilities. Eventually, Namor gets to water, gains a burst of fresh strength and takes the win.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the creator

Kraven says:

"The fight is taking place in a city with a standard water front. (meaning it is not in water or right beside water but Namor does have access to water) Neither has any weapons. (and incase there is any confusion, we are talking about the Marvel U Herc) I think it proves to be a long evenly matched fight, especially with Hercules' wrestling capabilities. Eventually, Namor gets to water, gains a burst of fresh strength and takes the win."

As I said, they have fought before in an Avengers comic, relatively near water and Herc beat him.

Even with Namor getting a refresher, Herc does not need one.

His body produces no fatigue poisons - he does not tire.

I am sorry but I don't see how Nmor can win.

Avatar image for irredeemable_ant_man
Irredeemable Ant-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules wins if the battle is on land but Namor would win if it is in the ocean or pool. Anything he can really swim in.

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kraven

Colt Python says:

"The_Creator says:
"Kraven says:
"The fight is taking place in a city with a standard water front. (meaning it is not in water or right beside water but Namor does have access to water) Neither has any weapons. (and incase there is any confusion, we are talking about the Marvel U Herc) I think it proves to be a long evenly matched fight, especially with Hercules' wrestling capabilities. Eventually, Namor gets to water, gains a burst of fresh strength and takes the win."
As I said, they have fought before in an Avengers comic, relatively near water and Herc beat him. Even with Namor getting a refresher, Herc does not need one. His body produces no fatigue poisons - he does not tire. I am sorry but I don't see how Nmor can win. "

Namor has gotten much stronger.Read some Illuminati and some of Namor's newer stuff.He can almost not be beaten by anyone."

I agree. I think Namor's power has been increased recently. Also, I've seen Namor fight very well against the Hulk where as I've seen Hulk absolutely wreck Hercules. (not just talking about WWH era) But otherwise, I'll have to agree with you Creator, since you're siting a battle that's actually taken place.

Avatar image for irredeemable_ant_man
Irredeemable Ant-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colt Python says:

"Irredeemable Ant-Man says:
"Hercules wins if the battle is on land but Namor would win if it is in the ocean or pool. Anything he can really swim in."
Why do people call that the deciding factor.Fo the last 4 issues of Namor's comics he's been killing people on land.If you didn't read the new Illuminati I won't spoil it for you but he owned someone super powerful on land!"

If your talking about Venom I already know that.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets compare powers from Stan Lee that constantly get updated, shall we? Namor possesses a high level of superhuman strength, enabling him to lift/press up to 100 tons while in contact with water; his strength gradually decreases according to the length of time he is out of water and can eventually dwindle to no more than slightly above human level. In addition to his great strength, Namor possesses superhuman stamina and durability, a result of his body’s adaptation to underwater pressures. He also possesses superhuman agility, reflexes, and speed, with a maximum swimming speed of roughly sixty miles per hour. Namor is able to fly via the finlike wings on his ankles, and he possesses a telepathic rapport with many, but not all, forms of marine life. Like all Atlanteans, he has a prolonged lifespan and his body is specially developed for underwater conditions, granting him specialized blood circulation to withstand freezing temperatures and highly developed vision to see clearly even in murky ocean depths. This hybrid physiology means he can survive indefinitely underwater or on land (though he would still need occasional contact with water to survive). Namor possesses an empathic bond with his cousin Namorita. In the past, Namor has demonstrated additional powers similar to the attributes of various forms of sea life, including the electricity-generating capabilities of an electric eel and the radar sense of cavefish; however, he has demonstrated such abilities only sporadically, suggesting that they depend upon some factor of his Atlantean mutant nature that is not yet understood. When not exposed to water, Namor’s physical attributes gradually decline and can diminish over time to near-human levels, robbing him of his strength and rendering him vulnerable to conventional injuries; renewed exposure to water will immediately restore his abilities. Complete lack of contact with water will prove fatal in about a week’s time. Namor has demonstrated a vulnerability to oxygen imbalance when remaining too long in either water or air, resulting in manic-depressive mood swings; he can prevent this imbalance by dividing his time between the two atmospheres. He has occasionally used scientific or magical means to regulate his oxygen levels.

Hercules's principal power is his superhuman strength. Hercules's strength is well in excess of the "Class 100" Level (able to lift/press in excess of 100 tons), making him, one of the strongest beings in the Marvel Universe. Hercules has highly developed leg muscles, although they do not match those of the Hulk. Hercules can make a standing high jump of at least 100 feet in Earth's gravity. Hercules is also an Olympian thereby being an immortal, and as true immortals, the Olympian gods do not age and are not susceptible to disease. Although they can be wounded in battle, they cannot die by any conventional means, and have a rapid healing rate. Hercules has a greater resistance to physical injury than any other Olympian god except for Zeus, and possibly Neptune and Pluto. Hercules is virtually tireless. His supernaturally enhanced musculature produces no fatigue poisons. He can even survive unprotected in the vacuum of space for a brief period of time. Only an injury of such magnititude that it incinerated him or dispersed a major portion of his bodily molecules could kill Hercules. In at least some such cases, Zeus or one of the other gods might still be able to resurrect him. Abilities As Olympus's greatest hero, Hercules is highly expert in traditional means of hand-to-hand combat, as well as in wrestling. Hercules is also very highly skilled in ancient Greek athletic feats such as the discus and hammer throws.

And I say Hercules wins. Because I just don't see Namor incinerating Hercules, or taking off a huge chunk of Hercules' body. Also, Hercules could just kick Namor and beat him down with his legs and arms. Think about it, his punches come with the force of over 100 tonnes, now think about his kicks, how much force the come with. And by the sounds of it Hercules seems like he can punch fast.
Post Edited:2007-11-08 15:57:08

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kraven

Good post Vishanti. Damn that's a lot of info!

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn rights it is. And I forgot to put my explanation for how Hercules would own namor. And I put all the good stuff in bold. Lol.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I g2g, I only had enough time to put that on here :(

talk to you guys later. Pce out

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Valkaad

If you stripped away the writing and went by stats Hecules simply outclasses Namor. He is far stronger, way more resistant to injury (he can survive in a vacuum and cannot be killed by conventional means), is a much better fighter (Hercules is Olympus' greatest warrior and is thousands of years old, whereas Namor's entire life expectancy is only 122 years), he is truly immortal and therefore does not tire so he even has better endurance. In summation Hercules can take more damage, fight better, and hit harder for a lot longer than Namor can.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Valkaad

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"Lets compare powers from Stan Lee that *constantly* get updated, shall we? Namor possesses a high level of superhuman strength, enabling him to lift/press up to 100 tons **while in contact with water; his strength gradually decreases according to the length of time he is out of water and can eventually dwindle to no more than slightly above human level.** In addition to his great strength, Namor possesses superhuman stamina and durability, a result of his body’s adaptation to underwater pressures. He also possesses superhuman agility, reflexes, and speed, with a maximum swimming speed of roughly sixty miles per hour. Namor is able to fly via the finlike wings on his ankles, and he possesses a telepathic rapport with many, but not all, forms of marine life. Like all Atlanteans, he has a prolonged lifespan and his body is specially developed for underwater conditions, granting him specialized blood circulation to withstand freezing temperatures and highly developed vision to see clearly even in murky ocean depths. This hybrid physiology means he can survive indefinitely underwater or on land (though he would still need occasional contact with water to survive). Namor possesses an empathic bond with his cousin Namorita. In the past, Namor has demonstrated additional powers similar to the attributes of various forms of sea life, including the electricity-generating capabilities of an electric eel and the radar sense of cavefish; however, he has demonstrated such abilities only sporadically, suggesting that they depend upon some factor of his Atlantean mutant nature that is not yet understood. When not exposed to water, Namor’s physical attributes gradually decline and can diminish over time to near-human levels, robbing him of his strength and rendering him vulnerable to conventional injuries; renewed exposure to water will immediately restore his abilities. Complete lack of contact with water will prove fatal in about a week’s time. Namor has demonstrated a vulnerability to oxygen imbalance when remaining too long in either water or air, resulting in manic-depressive mood swings; he can prevent this imbalance by dividing his time between the two atmospheres. He has occasionally used scientific or magical means to regulate his oxygen levels. Hercules's principal power is his superhuman strength. Hercules's strength is well in excess of the "Class 100" Level (able to lift/press in excess of 100 tons), making him, one of the strongest beings in the Marvel Universe. Hercules has highly developed leg muscles, although they do not match those of the Hulk. Hercules can make a standing high jump of at least 100 feet in Earth's gravity. Hercules is also an Olympian thereby being an immortal, and as true immortals, the Olympian gods do not age and are not susceptible to disease. Although they can be wounded in battle, **they cannot die by any conventional means, and have a rapid healing rate. Hercules has a greater resistance to physical injury than any other Olympian god except for Zeus**, and possibly Neptune and Pluto. **Hercules is virtually tireless**. His supernaturally enhanced musculature produces no fatigue poisons. He can even survive unprotected in the vacuum of space for a brief period of time. **Only an injury of such magnititude that it incinerated him or dispersed a major portion of his bodily molecules could kill Hercules**. In at least some such cases, Zeus or one of the other gods might still be able to resurrect him. Abilities As Olympus's greatest hero, Hercules is highly expert in traditional means of hand-to-hand combat, as well as in wrestling. Hercules is also very highly skilled in ancient Greek athletic feats such as the discus and hammer throws. And I say Hercules wins. Because I just don't see Namor incinerating Hercules, or taking off a huge chunk of Hercules' body. Also, Hercules could just kick Namor and beat him down with his legs and arms. Think about it, his punches come with the force of over 100 tonnes, now think about his kicks, how much force the come with. And by the sounds of it Hercules seems like he can punch fast.
Post Edited:2007-11-08 15:57:08"

just read your post and I agree. I think Herc wins with relative ease.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkaad says:

"Legendary Bio Vishanti says:
"Lets compare powers from Stan Lee that *constantly* get updated, shall we? Namor possesses a high level of superhuman strength, enabling him to lift/press up to 100 tons **while in contact with water; his strength gradually decreases according to the length of time he is out of water and can eventually dwindle to no more than slightly above human level.** In addition to his great strength, Namor possesses superhuman stamina and durability, a result of his body’s adaptation to underwater pressures. He also possesses superhuman agility, reflexes, and speed, with a maximum swimming speed of roughly sixty miles per hour. Namor is able to fly via the finlike wings on his ankles, and he possesses a telepathic rapport with many, but not all, forms of marine life. Like all Atlanteans, he has a prolonged lifespan and his body is specially developed for underwater conditions, granting him specialized blood circulation to withstand freezing temperatures and highly developed vision to see clearly even in murky ocean depths. This hybrid physiology means he can survive indefinitely underwater or on land (though he would still need occasional contact with water to survive). Namor possesses an empathic bond with his cousin Namorita. In the past, Namor has demonstrated additional powers similar to the attributes of various forms of sea life, including the electricity-generating capabilities of an electric eel and the radar sense of cavefish; however, he has demonstrated such abilities only sporadically, suggesting that they depend upon some factor of his Atlantean mutant nature that is not yet understood. When not exposed to water, Namor’s physical attributes gradually decline and can diminish over time to near-human levels, robbing him of his strength and rendering him vulnerable to conventional injuries; renewed exposure to water will immediately restore his abilities. Complete lack of contact with water will prove fatal in about a week’s time. Namor has demonstrated a vulnerability to oxygen imbalance when remaining too long in either water or air, resulting in manic-depressive mood swings; he can prevent this imbalance by dividing his time between the two atmospheres. He has occasionally used scientific or magical means to regulate his oxygen levels. Hercules's principal power is his superhuman strength. Hercules's strength is well in excess of the "Class 100" Level (able to lift/press in excess of 100 tons), making him, one of the strongest beings in the Marvel Universe. Hercules has highly developed leg muscles, although they do not match those of the Hulk. Hercules can make a standing high jump of at least 100 feet in Earth's gravity. Hercules is also an Olympian thereby being an immortal, and as true immortals, the Olympian gods do not age and are not susceptible to disease. Although they can be wounded in battle, **they cannot die by any conventional means, and have a rapid healing rate. Hercules has a greater resistance to physical injury than any other Olympian god except for Zeus**, and possibly Neptune and Pluto. **Hercules is virtually tireless**. His supernaturally enhanced musculature produces no fatigue poisons. He can even survive unprotected in the vacuum of space for a brief period of time. **Only an injury of such magnititude that it incinerated him or dispersed a major portion of his bodily molecules could kill Hercules**. In at least some such cases, Zeus or one of the other gods might still be able to resurrect him. Abilities As Olympus's greatest hero, Hercules is highly expert in traditional means of hand-to-hand combat, as well as in wrestling. Hercules is also very highly skilled in ancient Greek athletic feats such as the discus and hammer throws. And I say Hercules wins. Because I just don't see Namor incinerating Hercules, or taking off a huge chunk of Hercules' body. Also, Hercules could just kick Namor and beat him down with his legs and arms. Think about it, his punches come with the force of over 100 tonnes, now think about his kicks, how much force the come with. And by the sounds of it Hercules seems like he can punch fast.
Post Edited:2007-11-08 15:57:08"
just read your post and I agree. I think Herc wins with relative ease."

Thank You. And I don't have to go. But Hercules wins.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sling Shot

The way Namor is written as of late and in regards to some of his abilities, he far exceeds his stats and rightfully so. He is older than Marvel, and like Superman should have evolved with the times. Flying and swimming 60 miles an hour, hasn't seemed accurate for sometime, and thats just that ability. His strength has been shown to exceed 100 tons, specifically in a 90's arc in his Namor the Submariner title.

Also Herc isn't shown using all his arsenal nearly enough.

So after all necessary changes are administered (my opinion) I give the fight to

Namor

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sling Shot says:

"The way Namor is written as of late and in regards to some of his abilities, he far exceeds his stats and rightfully so. He is older than Marvel, and like Superman should have evolved with the times. Flying and swimming 60 miles an hour, hasn't seemed accurate for sometime, and thats just that ability. His strength has been shown to exceed 100 tons, specifically in a 90's arc in his Namor the Submariner title. Also Herc isn't shown using all his arsenal nearly enough. So after all necessary changes are administered (my opinion) I give the fight to Namor"

If Stan Lee says it, it's gotta be true. And Herc wins.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colt Python says:

"Legendary Bio Vishanti says:
"Sling Shot says:
"The way Namor is written as of late and in regards to some of his abilities, he far exceeds his stats and rightfully so. He is older than Marvel, and like Superman should have evolved with the times. Flying and swimming 60 miles an hour, hasn't seemed accurate for sometime, and thats just that ability. His strength has been shown to exceed 100 tons, specifically in a 90's arc in his Namor the Submariner title. Also Herc isn't shown using all his arsenal nearly enough. So after all necessary changes are administered (my opinion) I give the fight to Namor"
If Stan Lee says it, it's gotta be true. And Herc wins."
Stan Lee hasn't written shit in a while who cares what he says..."

Who cares what you say...

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sling Shot

Stan lee said it. But Namor was made by Bill Everett. Aaaaaaand upgrades have happened since then.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vrakmul

Colt Python says:

"Hercules wins if the battle is on land but Namor would win if it is in the ocean or pool. Anything he can really swim in."

Why do people call that the deciding factor.Fo the last 4 issues of Namor's comics he's been killing people on land.If you didn't read the new Illuminati I won't spoil it for you but he owned someone super powerful on land!"

They weren't F*ing gods. Hercules Can go toe to toe with Thor, And Thor can easily smash Namor's face in. And Hercules has gotten a power boost too Which marvel character hasn't gotten a boost?

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kraven

I created this thread thinking Namor could beat Herc. But I applaud you fellow Viners, you have taught me the error of my ways.

I still can't get my head around this though: When I have seen Hulk fight Namor, Namor does very well against Hulk. BUT I used to have a Hulk comic (don't have anymore so cann't site reference) where Hulk literally beats Herc within an inch of his life and does so with relative ease. Can anyone explain this. Is it just an example of poor continuity??

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vrakmul

Colt Python says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Colt Python says:
They weren't F***ing gods. Hercules Can go toe to toe with Thor, And Thor can easily smash Namor's face in. And Hercules has gotten a power boost too *Which marvel character hasn't gotten a boost?*"

Yea because Thor is so invincible..You should actually read comics once in a while instead of reaing biographies."

Thor>Namor. That's a well agreed on fact.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Herc still wins.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vrakmul

Colt Python says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Colt Python says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Colt Python says:
They weren't F***ing gods. Hercules Can go toe to toe with Thor, And Thor can easily smash Namor's face in. And Hercules has gotten a power boost too *Which marvel character hasn't gotten a boost?*"
Yea because Thor is so invincible..You should actually read comics once in a while instead of reaing biographies."
Thor>Namor. That's a well agreed on fact. "

Hercules is not Thor."

Hercules is the Equal of Thor. And if Thor beats Namor. Then logically Hercules must be able to beat Namor as well.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Forever

The_Creator says:

"Kraven says:

As I said, they have fought before in an Avengers comic, relatively near water and Herc beat him.

Even with Namor getting a refresher, Herc does not need one.

His body produces no fatigue poisons - he does not tire.

I am sorry but I don't see how Nmor can win.

"

It wasn't much of a fight. It was only because Hercules didn't like seeing Namor moping around, so he attacked Namor to raise his spirits. Hercules only knows one answer, no matter what the question is. It was when the Avengers were first looking into using Hydro Base as their home.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vrakmul

Colt Python says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Colt Python says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Colt Python says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Colt Python says:
Hercules is not Thor."
Hercules is the Equal of Thor. And if Thor beats Namor. Then logically Hercules must be able to beat Namor as well. "

He is not equal to Thor.Thor is more powerful then Odin the king of Asgard now.Again read the comics not just profiles.

"

I do read comics thank you very much. And note Thor got his rear handed to courtesy of Doop.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vrakmul

Colt Python says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Colt Python says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Colt Python says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Colt Python says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Colt Python says:
Hercules is not Thor."
Hercules is the Equal of Thor. And if Thor beats Namor. Then logically Hercules must be able to beat Namor as well. "
He is not equal to Thor.Thor is more powerful then Odin the king of Asgard now.Again read the comics not just profiles. "
I do read comics thank you very much. And note Thor got his rear handed to courtesy of Doop. "

Just because Doop looks stupid doesn't mean he's not powerful..."

Doop was using his second and less effective brain. And Doop had nothing more than a broken glass bottle, and he still

handed Thor his ass.

Avatar image for thorownzsuperman
thorownzsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thorownzsuperman

Namor

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Hercules.CURBSTOMP

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Hercules may get the best of Namor this time
Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Watch Dog

Namor has at least has a 50% chance because he's smarter, faster and he can fly.
Also Herc is not as powerful as Thor and is not a god. He's a demigod (his mom was human)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Watch Dog said:
"Namor has at least has a 50% chance because he's smarter, faster and he can fly.
Also Herc is not as powerful as Thor and is not a god. He's a demigod (his mom was human)"
Namor has nowhere near a 50% chance of winning because he can't hurt Herc nor is he that smart.
Herc is (strength wise) as powerful as Thor if you count his astronomical feats.He held up the Universe and the Earth.
namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By namorsubby

namor and herc have like 5 or 6 stalemates. anyone saying he doesn't have a chance here is not considering any actual comic appearances. 

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By namorsubby
the creator said:
If this is not near water, or in water, Hercules wins because of the followingHe's stronger (by a good measure, ... [more]

1. nowhere near that much stronger

2. namor has had sufficient endurance to slug it out with herc throughout the years

3. again, namor's h2h has been sufficient to slug it out with herc over the years. and he is a fine h2h combatant

4. namor's flight, along with superior speed is indeed a factor.

5. herc has never beaten namor.
Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Valkaad

This is my post from over a year ago:
If you stripped away the writing and went by stats Hecules simply outclasses Namor. He is far stronger, way more resistant to injury (he can survive in a vacuum and cannot be killed by conventional means), is a much better fighter (Hercules is Olympus' greatest warrior and is thousands of years old, whereas Namor's entire life expectancy is only 122 years), he is truly immortal and therefore does not tire so he even has better endurance. In summation Hercules can take more damage, fight better, and hit harder for a lot longer than Namor can.

1. Hercules IS way stronger than Sub mariner.
2. Hercules in inexhaustible he never tires after any exertion, Namor does not have that level of endurance
3. Hercules is thousands of years old and has been fighting hand to hand basically his whole life, namor has probably been alive for 50 years total. Without writing how can you believe their skills would be equal?
4. FLight is irrelevant when he cannot hurt herc
5. Most if not all marvel fights between two "heroes" end in stalemates

Sleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sleuth

Hercules would win here.

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By namorsubby

all of that except #2 is contradicted by comics, which is what matters.

oh, and namor's been alive for about 90 years and still in his prime, suggesting that his atlantean/human/mutant nature makes him even more long lived than atlantean and perhaps immortal(which has long been a rumor)

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By Theracles
namorsubby said:
all of that except #2 is contradicted by comics, which is what matters.oh, and namor's been alive for about 90 ... [more]

Hercules has lived for thousands of years and is still in his prime so I couldn't care less if Namor has lived for about 90 years. Hercules is much stronger than Namor, Namor is at his most powerful while in contact with water and while in contact with water he can lift up to 100 tons no further than that while Hercules can lift well over 100 tons, his strength feats are lifting and tossing Marvel's version of Godzilla that weighed 60,000 tons, he has been seen lifting starships, he has dragged the island of Manhattan and it ways over 99 billion tons while fighting of tide forces, force The Thing to submit, lift and hurl a giant Sequoia and more. Hercules outclasses Namor greatly in the strength department and again Namor lifts up to 100 tons while Hercules lifts over thousands of tons. Secondly Hercules is much more durable than Namor, Hercules is so durable that almost nothing hurts him and there have been weapons made to kill him but he has lived through them, he was able to survive two blank-point blasts from the god Michael Korvac and he withstood hits from Thor's hammer Mjolnir and survived an ambush from very strong villians including Goliath, the Wrecking Crew and Mr. Hyde. Hercules is also a much better fighter than Namor, he is an expert in traditional means of hand to hand combat and wrestling and has had thousands of years of experience, he is a master bowsman surpassing Hawkeye and Trickshot, he is also very skilled in boxing and greco-roman wreslting, also Hercules possesses unlimited stamina which means he is tireless.

Hercules wins. Curbstomp.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By the creator
namorsubby said:
the creator said: If this is not near water, or in water, Hercules wins because of the followingHe's stronger (by ... [more]
1. Do you want to show me feats of strength that Naor has performed that come anywhere near Hercules ? According to Marvel Hercules could lift over 100 tonnes (level unknown) or was described as having Incalcuble strength. Namor was described lower than that. From the feats that Hercules has performed, he has regularly moved / lifted objects that have weighed at least tens of thousands of tonnes. His strength at least equals that of Classic Thor. Saying that Hercules is only 20 - 30% stronger is being generous to Namor.
2. I did not say that Namor does not have superhuman endurance but his endurance is less than that of an olympian god who does not tire from any physical exertion. Namor can fight for days (an even longer in water) if he had to but Hercules can fight for weeks. Namor dehydrates and grows weaker, Hercules doers not.
3. Namor is an excellent hand to hand fighter. He was schooled in the arts of combat and has plenty of opportunity over the many decades of his life to improve his skills but I don't think that he is as good a hand to hand fighter as Hercules, who has been trained and then got to 'ply his trade' over thousands of years. Hercules whose has out wrestled the Thing and faught Thor to a stand still.
4. Hercules has faught Thor in hand to hand combat many times and Thor has used his superhuman reflexex to block bullets and artillery shells with his hammer. When the pair oif them fight, I don't see Thor getting an upper ahnd due to his reflexes being faster. So Hercules must be on par with Thor's agility and reaction speed. Hercules's reaction speed and agility have been described in at least 1 of the OHOTMU as being superhuman. So I don't think that Namor's reaction speed is any faster (apart from underwater). As for speed of movement, Namor's ability to fly does offer some tactical advanatages but I said that all the way through this thread.
5. Herc has never tried to kill Namor. If he did the outcome might be very different.

You forgot to mention Herc's healing factor (that enables him to recover from large caliber machine gun fire bullet holes in less than a minute). Any woulds delivered to Herc (if Namor could deliver any) would rapidly heal.

Herc wins (unless the battle occurred underwater).
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#49  Edited By AssertingValor

Its just comic characters people

jlavengerx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jlavengerx77
@the creator said:
"
namorsubby said:
the creator said: If this is not near water, or in water, Hercules wins because of the followingHe's stronger (by ... [more]
1. Do you want to show me feats of strength that Naor has performed that come anywhere near Hercules ? According to Marvel Hercules could lift over 100 tonnes (level unknown) or was described as having Incalcuble strength. Namor was described lower than that. From the feats that Hercules has performed, he has regularly moved / lifted objects that have weighed at least tens of thousands of tonnes. His strength at least equals that of Classic Thor. Saying that Hercules is only 20 - 30% stronger is being generous to Namor.2. I did not say that Namor does not have superhuman endurance but his endurance is less than that of an olympian god who does not tire from any physical exertion. Namor can fight for days (an even longer in water) if he had to but Hercules can fight for weeks. Namor dehydrates and grows weaker, Hercules doers not.3. Namor is an excellent hand to hand fighter. He was schooled in the arts of combat and has plenty of opportunity over the many decades of his life to improve his skills but I don't think that he is as good a hand to hand fighter as Hercules, who has been trained and then got to 'ply his trade' over thousands of years. Hercules whose has out wrestled the Thing and faught Thor to a stand still.4. Hercules has faught Thor in hand to hand combat many times and Thor has used his superhuman reflexex to block bullets and artillery shells with his hammer. When the pair oif them fight, I don't see Thor getting an upper ahnd due to his reflexes being faster. So Hercules must be on par with Thor's agility and reaction speed. Hercules's reaction speed and agility have been described in at least 1 of the OHOTMU as being superhuman. So I don't think that Namor's reaction speed is any faster (apart from underwater). As for speed of movement, Namor's ability to fly does offer some tactical advanatages but I said that all the way through this thread.5. Herc has never tried to kill Namor. If he did the outcome might be very different.You forgot to mention Herc's healing factor (that enables him to recover from large caliber machine gun fire bullet holes in less than a minute). Any woulds delivered to Herc (if Namor could deliver any) would rapidly heal.Herc wins (unless the battle occurred underwater)."

I wouldn't put it that long,but agreed