• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

No morals

No prep

Standard gear

Who wins?

#2 Posted by dondave (33399 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster Gold

#3 Posted by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor.

#4 Edited by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor.

Lol anytime I see that you or @comic_book_fan have commented I am 100% sure you all are debating for the Marvel side lol. Anyway why do you think Namor wins? @dondave why do you think Booster wins?

#5 Posted by beautifulrevery (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster takes it

#6 Posted by Wardemon32 (3971 posts) - - Show Bio

What did he mean in the second panel?

#7 Edited by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

Namor.

Lol anytime I see that you or @comic_book_fan have commented I am 100% sure you all are debating for the Marvel side lol. Anyway why do you think Namor wins? @dondave why do you think Booster wins?

Namor was said to be the strongest living thing on earth. He battles with Hulk and beat him once or twice i think. THAT'S why i pick Namor over Booster Gold, not because he's a Marvel character... And i suggest you to cut it off with the biased and fanboy arguments because im not, and im not willing to argue about that again. With this said, your comment was totally unnecessary. Also, don't compare me with other people, i always back up my decisions with scans and proof to debate wisely.

#8 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

Namor.

Namor was said to be the strongest living thing on earth. He battles with Hulk and beat him once or twice i think. THAT'S why i pick Namor over Booster Gold, not because he's a Marvel character... And i suggest you to cut it off with the biased and fanboy arguments because im not, and im not willing to argue about that again. With this said, your comment was totally unnecessary. Also, don't compare me with other people, i always back up my decisions with scans and prove to debate wisely.

lol no need to get angry man. im just making an observation. and its true. every time i look, im like "i bet they have the marvel side" and bam im correct, every time. its all good though. like i said, no need to get upset. youre right about the providing scans part. im not calling you a troll or anything like that.

#9 Edited by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

Namor.

Namor was said to be the strongest living thing on earth. He battles with Hulk and beat him once or twice i think. THAT'S why i pick Namor over Booster Gold, not because he's a Marvel character... And i suggest you to cut it off with the biased and fanboy arguments because im not, and im not willing to argue about that again. With this said, your comment was totally unnecessary. Also, don't compare me with other people, i always back up my decisions with scans and prove to debate wisely.

lol no need to get angry man. im just making an observation. and its true. every time i look, im like "i bet they have the marvel side" and bam im correct, every time. its all good though. like i said, no need to get upset. youre right about the providing scans part. im not calling you a troll or anything like that.

Its mere coincidence... I don't have any kind of preference in Battle threads, i look at characters individually and look for their feats without minding if its DC or Marvel.

#10 Edited by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

Namor.

Its mere coincidence... I don't have any kind of preference in Battle threads, i look at characters individually and look for their feats without minding if its DC or Marvel.

coincidence ok gotcha. moving on. im not too well versed on either character. i know a couple of feats for each though. whats the best strength feat for namor? the best ive personally seen for booster is carrying a 747 which weighs 200 tons according to a viner.

#11 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11385 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster puts him in a force field, the end

#12 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

can namor break out of them?

#13 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11385 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

No....they were able to momentarily hold a Doomsday clone and contain the weight of an entire oil tanker ....

#14 Posted by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... Namor fights with Thor and Hulk casually. Its arguably how strong he is outside the water but he can lift around 10,000 tons handily when he is inside the water... And for what i've seen, he can punch pretty hard... Ugh.. It doesn't let me upload the only 2 scans i have...

#15 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7628 posts) - - Show Bio

namor wins

#16 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... Namor fights with Thor and Hulk casually. Its arguably how strong he is outside the water but he can lift around 10,000 tons handily when he is inside the water... And for what i've seen, he can punch pretty hard... Ugh.. It doesn't let me upload the only 2 scans i have...

yes please do post those 2 scans of namor fighting the hulk "casually". id be really interested in seeing those. oh and you havent addressed what other viners have said

#17 Posted by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie: Im trying but the Img button doesn't work... And i really don't know about the force field, maybe it could handle Namor for some time, but even if Booster Gold wins... I don't see him winning that way.

#18 Posted by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

No....they were able to momentarily hold a Doomsday clone and contain the weight of an entire oil tanker ....

Namor lifts oil tankers too just check out one of his respect threads and that original Booster Gold was originally slaughtered by the original Doomsday...the inferior doomsday clone was getting a bit damaged by trees and cars

I think Booster Gold wins this, he has speed, heat and a ranged attack. People with heat and ranged attack should give Namor trouble and Booster should also. I wish he had better battle feats

and his fight against a weird weaker version of Doomsday wasn't much of a feat. The real Doomsday doesn't exist anymore, what we have now is a series of cloned Doomsday jobbers who stand next to Terrax and Kalibak

I feel Booster Gold wins this, but he needs more on comic feats

If Booster Gold is outside the nu52 timeline, then he should be doing a lot better. I wish writers gave Booster more respect instead of writing him like a self-absorbed, dumb-downed techno jock

Booster should win but his fans want more feats

#19 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie: Im trying but the Img button doesn't work... And i really don't know about the force field, maybe it could handle Namor for some time, but even if Booster Gold wins... I don't see him winning that way.

is namor stronger than doomsday? i seriously doubt it. those shields held doomsday. wait what does "i dont see him winning that way". that sounds like you think its possible but refuse to accept it or something? what did you mean by that??????

#20 Edited by gav (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Scans here: http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/02/hulk-vs-sub-mariner.html

#21 Edited by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

is namor stronger than doomsday? i seriously doubt it. those shields held doomsday. wait what does "i dont see him winning that way". that sounds like you think its possible but refuse to accept it or something? what did you mean by that??????

Didn't say Namor is stronger than Doomsday(Doomsday strength is arguable as well), nonetheless it was a Doomsday clone... Nothing close to the original. I meant, that if he can win, that's not the reason he would. So no... I don't see him winning cause of the force field.

#22 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav said:

@ghostravage said:

Scans here: http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/02/hulk-vs-sub-mariner.html

My internet is super slow right now and couldnt fully load the page. but

1. thats hulk from the 60's. he's not as strong as hulk right now. so thats not going to work

2. doomsday is by consensus stronger than hulk at base form. and BG put him in shields for a while.

#23 Edited by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie: It doesn't matter if its from the 60s or from the 70s or from the future... Hulk hasn't been ret-conned ever... So that's the same Hulk we have today. Not to mention Hulk basic ability stood the same over the years... "The madder he gets, the stronger he gets" and Namor was fighting him for extended periods of time ultimately beating him sometimes when going into water. You can't lowball feats because they are old.

#24 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

Didn't say Namor is stronger than Doomsday(Doomsday strength is arguable as well), nonetheless it was a Doomsday clone... Nothing close to the original. I meant, that if he can win, that's not the reason he would. So no... I don't see him winning cause of the force field.

wait, what??? that doesnt make sense. idk what youre trying to say. you say that maybe i could hold him(and i agree it could since it held doomsday, who is way stronger than namor) but then say that you dont see him winning cause of the shields??? that doesnt make sense, if he puts him in shields thats incapacitation.

#25 Edited by Funsiized (3571 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie: I remember that fight, He held the DD Clone for a total of about 3 Seconds and was struggling with just that. every hit DD landed in him brought him closer to the brink.

#26 Posted by gav (432 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie: It doesn't matter if its from the 60s or from the 70s or from the future... Hulk hasn't been ret-conned ever... So that's the same Hulk we have today. Not to mention Hulk basic ability stood the same over the years... "The madder he gets, the stronger he gets" and Namor was fighting him for extended periods of time ultimately beating him sometimes when going into water. You can't lowball feats because they are old.

Ghostravage, if he'd have read the whole page rather than the first picture, those fights go from 1964 - 2011

#27 Edited by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO, of course it matters. he's stronger right now than he was back in the 60's.

#28 Edited by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

2. doomsday is by consensus stronger than hulk at base form. and BG put him in shields for a while.

This wasn't Doomsday, it was a weaker military clone of doomsday. Booster Gold was trading blows back and forth with him twice, both of those times it looked like Booster would lose badly..even get slaughtered but the fact Booster was able to last any time against doomsday meant this was a very, very weak version of him. The original Doomsday was one-shotting a lot of top tiers, but this wasn't Doomsday it was an inferior clone. In the end the cloned creature dies as a girl jumps in mind controls him and makes him violently rip itself apart through mind control

I think Booster wins this but not because of the "doomsday" feat

#29 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav said:

@ghostravage said:

Ghostravage, if he'd have read the whole page rather than the first picture, those fights go from 1964 - 2011

and if YOU would have read my comment before that i stated that my internet couldnt load the entire page.

#30 Edited by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie: But he hasn't been retconned ever... Its the same Hulk growing stronger over the years... You just can't lowball feats because they are old, that's not how it works...

#31 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

This wasn't Doomsday, it was a weaker military clone of doomsday. Booster Gold was trading blows back and forth with him twice, both of those times it looked like Booster would lose badly..even get slaughtered but the fact Booster was able to last any time against doomsday meant this was a very, very weak version of him. The original Doomsday was one-shotting a lot of top tiers, but this wasn't Doomsday it was an inferior clone. In the end the cloned creature dies as a girl jumps in mind controls him and makes him violently rip itself apart through mind control

yea i know it was a clone. there were clones in that issue. clones that were beating down steel, eradicator and superboy

#32 Edited by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

wait, what??? that doesnt make sense. idk what youre trying to say. you say that maybe i could hold him(and i agree it could since it held doomsday, who is way stronger than namor) but then say that you dont see him winning cause of the shields??? that doesnt make sense, if he puts him in shields thats incapacitation.

Ok... I'll simplify for you... A police man is a MMA fighter and its fighting a thieve who doesn't know how to fight... The police man wins, but not because he's a policeman but because he is a MMA fighter... Got it now?

#33 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie: But he hasn't been retconned ever... Its the same Hulk growing stronger over the years... You just can't lowball feats because they are old, that's not how it works...

that wasnt my intention. my intention is to simply point out that theres a difference between hulk now and hulk then. thats all. im just saying, point that out. anyway since my ISP is slow, can you show just one scan showing namor "casually" fighting hulk.

#34 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

Ok... I'll simplify for you... A police man is a MMA fighter and its fighting a thieve who doesn't know how to fight... The police man wins, but not because he's a policeman but because he is a MMA fighter... Got it now?

1. youre avoiding what i said. if he puts him in the shields and he cant break them, thats incapacitation and its over.

2. are you saying that a cop cant beat a thief? dont they get training?

#35 Posted by XImpossibruX (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster held his own against a sluggish/dazed Doomsday, he should be able to handle Namor.

#36 Edited by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

that wasnt my intention. my intention is to simply point out that theres a difference between hulk now and hulk then. thats all. im just saying, point that out. anyway since my ISP is slow, can you show just one scan showing namor "casually" fighting hulk.

Ask Gav... It seems CV won't let me upload anything.

#37 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

Ask Gav... It seems CV won't let me upload anything.

nah, i dont like her. she was trolling the other day asking for asinine feats saying that if its never happend in the comics it could never happen. then the next day i caught her saying she was just going to assume thanos' full power because its never been shown in comics. I dont deal with hypocrites.

#38 Posted by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

1. youre avoiding what i said. if he puts him in the shields and he cant break them, thats incapacitation and its over.

1. Who said Namor won't be able to do so? He's a 100 toner outside of water... Im pretty sure he will be able to break free in not much time. Incapacitation suggests that he won't be able to do anything. But you're not sure about that because you didn't see the entire page Gav tried to show you. I won't say it... But you acting like one...

2. Exactly, they are able to do so because they have training, not because they have a badge that says they are policemen. I don't know why is it so hard...

#39 Edited by Funsiized (3571 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie: And Namor has Consistently fought against Hulk since old times to present day. they have always been sort of rivals.

But once again. they are the same person. No retcon, nothing so feats apply.

Besides your argument was that Hulk isnt as strong as DD so Namor isn't Strong enough to break the shields. when infact The shield held THE CLONE for about 3 seconds and every second was a mental strain on Booster.

And i can casually say Base Hulk=DD Clone. it really wasn't that impressive.

#40 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

1. Who said Namor won't be able to do so? He's a 100 toner outside of water... Im pretty sure he will be able to break free in not much time. Incapacitation suggests that he won't be able to do anything. But you're not sure about that because you didn't see the entire page Gav tried to show you. I won't say it... But you acting like one...

2. Exactly, they are able to do so because they have training, not because they have a badge that says they are policemen. I don't know why is it so hard...

1. ok so prove that he can break out.

2. i dont get your point. a cop without mma training can beat a thief who doesnt know how to fight. cause they get training.

#41 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie: And Namor has Consistently fought against Hulk since old times to present day. they have always been sort of rivals.

But once again. they are the same person. No retcon, nothing so feats apply.

Besides your argument was that Hulk isnt as strong as DD so Namor isn't Strong enough to break the shields. when infact The shield held THE CLONE for about 3 seconds and every second was a mental strain on Booster.

And i can casually say Base Hulk=DD Clone. it really wasn't that impressive.

1. I'm not saying theres been a retcon. Im simply saying hulk then wasnt as strong as he is now.

2. the doomsday clone was beating superboy, the eradicator, and steel among others.

#42 Posted by WillPayton (9035 posts) - - Show Bio

Going w/ Booster Gold FTW.

#43 Posted by nickthedevil (11408 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster Gold should take it.

#44 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Going w/ Booster Gold FTW.

im not toooo knowledgeable on booster, can you and @rogues take over for me while I take a shower? thanks

#45 Posted by crabtree (1618 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor wins.

#46 Edited by Wardemon32 (3971 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie:

I realize a lot of the battles you make you argue them..... especially with gav and GhostRavage.

#47 Posted by Wardemon32 (3971 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie:

Oh yea you can't tell them to "prove that he can break it" if you can't show any feats of his shield. BTW he did hold back Guy Gardner.

#48 Edited by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie:

I realize a lot of the battles you make you argue them..... especially with gav and GhostRavage.

true. in this case i mearly want to see namor "casually" fighting hulk. and am pointing out that hulk then isnt as strong as hulk now.

#49 Posted by GhostRavage (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

@convenientlie said:

@ghostravage said:

1. ok so prove that he can break out.

2. i dont get your point. a cop without mma training can beat a thief who doesnt know how to fight. cause they get training.

For the 3rd time... I can't upload... It doesn't let me...

2. Sigh... Lets leave it at that, we're grown ups and that kind of logic should be rather easy to understand. But for the sake of explaining...

1 untrained cop goes h2h with a very skilled thief... Cop loses...

1 very trained cop goes h2h with an average thief... Cop stomps...

Both scenarios have the same factor... The cop and the thief but both have different factors as well... 1 untrained cop, 1 very skilled thief, 1 very trained cop and 1 average thief... That suggests that the factor that determines the win of them both is the lvl of training. So let me apply this analysis to the thread.

Booster Gold have force fields and an Anti-Namor beam vs Namor. Booster Gold wins.

Booster Gold have force fields vs Namor. Namor wins.

In these hypothetical scenarios we have the same factors... Booster Gold with force fields and Namor. But we have a different factor... Booster Gold with Anti-Namor beam.

That suggests the factor that determines the win is not the force field but the Anti-Namor beam...

I can't put it easier... Hope you get it.

#50 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@convenientlie:

Oh yea you can't tell them to "prove that he can break it" if you can't show any feats of his shield. BTW he did hold back Guy Gardner.

yea actually i can. i simply pointed out that they held the DD clone that was beating eradicator, superboy, and steel. plus they didnt ask me to prove it, so im sure they know about it. but thanks for chiming in as usual.