Would you like to say why not?

#4 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Namor"

would you like to say why

#5 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

to me if on land i think bp will win in water i say namor

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Why will he win on land? It's not like Namor would instantly lose his powers.

#7 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Why will he win on land? It's not like Namor would instantly lose his powers."

i know that but he starts losing it though

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Not fast enough for BP to win.

#9 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Not fast enough for BP to win."

sso you don't think bp can't fight long enough for his powers get weak enough and he could take him

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#11 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"No."

why don't you think that i mean he strong has good agailty and all that he can keep his distance

#12 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor wins land or sea, although the fight would be much more interesting on land. Whats the pic from spidey?

#13 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Apollo says:

"Namor wins land or sea, although the fight would be much more interesting on land. Whats the pic from spidey?"

i went to black panther on comicvine

#14 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"Iron Apollo says:
"Namor wins land or sea, although the fight would be much more interesting on land. Whats the pic from spidey?"

i went to black panther on comicvine "

Ah cool.

Anyone know what that pic was from, a wizard, a cover, etc?

#15 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

In water, of course Namor would win. It would be a tough battle, but Namor would win on land too.

#16 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Apollo says:

"spiderman0409 says:
"Iron Apollo says:
i went to black panther on comicvine "
Ah cool. Anyone know what that pic was from, a wizard, a cover, etc?"

no idea

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

A cover from his world tour before getting involved in Civil War.

#18 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

You finally got tired of that crazy avatar.

#19 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"You finally got tired of that crazy avatar."

i liked this avater buckshot use to go by

#20 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a nice one.

Oh and since I'm here I should be posting on this battle. Namor.

#21 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

It no longer fits my mood.

#22 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"That was a nice one. Oh and since I'm here I should be posting on this battle. Namor."

ah whatever i'm too tired to argue so namor wins

#23 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Forever says:
It no longer fits my mood."

I hear you. I've been trying to decide on my next one.

spiderman0409 says:

"Forever says:
"That was a nice one. Oh and since I'm here I should be posting on this battle. Namor."
ah whatever i'm too tired to argue so namor wins"

way to stick by your beliefs.

#24 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be a good one for red.

#25 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

If I were red, this one would look better.

#26 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking about this one, but it isn't centered well.

#27 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Buckshot says:
"Forever says:
It no longer fits my mood."
I hear you. I've been trying to decide on my next one. spiderman0409 says:
"Forever says:
ah whatever i'm too tired to argue so namor wins"
way to stick by your beliefs."

i've been out all day i'm still surprised i'm up i'm just so tired but when i try to sleep i can't

#28 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"I was thinking about this one, but it isn't centered well."

i always like the iron man vs cap pic you had

#29 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"Forever says:
i always like the iron man vs cap pic you had"

I like that one too. I might go back to it.

#30 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"spiderman0409 says:
"Forever says:
i always like the iron man vs cap pic you had"
I like that one too. I might go back to it."

thats cool i went back to my first avater a couple of days ago but i wanted to try something else

#31 Posted by Seoul Trane (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Ayo, Namor would win. Becauuuse, hew is a one man blitzkrieg/A.T.V anywhere on earth he is Fast, Strong and Vicious. He is not showcased consistently at the level of power and cunning he should exhibit.

And I looove Black Panther.But 1 on 1 it ain't happenin. Namor will smash Cap too (alive).

#32 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"Buckshot says:
"Why will he win on land? It's not like Namor would instantly lose his powers."
i know that but he starts losing it though"

Even when he had been out of the water for a long time he can still lift around 40 tons.

#33 Posted by Iori Yagami (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is a powerhouse. Panther goes down hard, land or sea.

#34 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

Back to the iron man avatar I see. Oh and namor wins.
Post Edited:2007-07-15 12:27:44
#35 Posted by E-MAN (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep in mind the Panther has Mystical base abilities as well,and has fought foes many times stronger than he is,and won.
Post Edited:2007-07-15 16:49:19

#36 Posted by BlackPanther (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I want to say something because most of you are not giving BP a fighting chance.

Remember he took out the Fantastic four

And he shown wolverine his superior skills

So why cant he win?

Nobody wants to give a good reason. Maybe its because you hate BP and that’s what helped you come to your conclusions.

First I’ll like to verify that Black Panther dose in fact have magical knowledge and a direct link to the panther god better known as the ancient Egyptian goddess bast (yes they are one and the same deity.)

A little known history of the black panther is that the persona was given to his ancestor after prayingbast for a way of defeating the demons that were once terrorising wakanda. Bast heard his prayer and blessed him and his descendants with her guidance, protection and the ability to go through a metamorphosis from the heart shaped herb (the herb will kill any other creature its juices come into contact with.)

Ok as for him not being capable to win, well he didn’t inherit his kingdom. He had to fight wakandas best warriors (many of which were sorcerers, mutants, strategists and martial arts masters.) but BP had to match them in each and every one of there styles (including sorcery.) and he defeating every single one of them. One of them was his fathers brother, who already consumed the heart shaped herb but a teen BP was able to win even before he had his powers.

So you see why I think that BP can win on land. Plus who said trickery is against the rules? All BP has to do is out smart namor long enough to weaken him and he’s got the win.

#37 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

"Ok I want to say something because most of you are not giving BP a fighting chance. Remember he took out the Fantastic four And he shown wolverine his superior skills So why cant he win? Nobody wants to give a good reason. Maybe its because you hate BP and that’s what helped you come to your conclusions. First I’ll like to verify that Black Panther dose in fact have magical knowledge and a direct link to the panther god better known as the ancient Egyptian goddess bast (yes they are one and the same deity.) A little known history of the black panther is that the persona was given to his ancestor after prayingbast for a way of defeating the demons that were once terrorising wakanda. Bast heard his prayer and blessed him and his descendants with her guidance, protection and the ability to go through a metamorphosis from the heart shaped herb (the herb will kill any other creature its juices come into contact with.) Ok as for him not being capable to win, well he didn’t inherit his kingdom. He had to fight wakandas best warriors (many of which were sorcerers, mutants, strategists and martial arts masters.) but BP had to match them in each and every one of there styles (including sorcery.) and he defeating every single one of them. One of them was his fathers brother, who already consumed the heart shaped herb but a teen BP was able to win even before he had his powers. So you see why I think that BP can win on land. Plus who said trickery is against the rules? All BP has to do is out smart namor long enough to weaken him and he’s got the win."

I never saw those comics. SO if it's on land I will give it to BP but it's not going to be easy for him.

#38 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

"Ok I want to say something because most of you are not giving BP a fighting chance. Remember he took out the Fantastic four And he shown wolverine his superior skills So why cant he win? Nobody wants to give a good reason. Maybe its because you hate BP and that’s what helped you come to your conclusions. First I’ll like to verify that Black Panther dose in fact have magical knowledge and a direct link to the panther god better known as the ancient Egyptian goddess bast (yes they are one and the same deity.) A little known history of the black panther is that the persona was given to his ancestor after prayingbast for a way of defeating the demons that were once terrorising wakanda. Bast heard his prayer and blessed him and his descendants with her guidance, protection and the ability to go through a metamorphosis from the heart shaped herb (the herb will kill any other creature its juices come into contact with.) Ok as for him not being capable to win, well he didn’t inherit his kingdom. He had to fight wakandas best warriors (many of which were sorcerers, mutants, strategists and martial arts masters.) but BP had to match them in each and every one of there styles (including sorcery.) and he defeating every single one of them. One of them was his fathers brother, who already consumed the heart shaped herb but a teen BP was able to win even before he had his powers. So you see why I think that BP can win on land. Plus who said trickery is against the rules? All BP has to do is out smart namor long enough to weaken him and he’s got the win."

i'm no longer tired so i'm with you bp.

#39 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

black panther is awesome but I give it to namor.

#40 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

"Remember he took out the Fantastic four "

He beat the original (not a powerful as they are now) FF with lots of one-side prep and gadgets.

BlackPanther says:

"And he shown wolverine his superior skills "

Being able to beat Wolverine doesn't mean he can beat Namor.

BlackPanther says:

"Maybe its because you hate BP and that’s what helped you come to your conclusions. "

You don't know who you're talking to, do you?

BlackPanther says:

"So why cant he win?"

Why can he win? Can he beat Namor physically? What magic has he shown that he can use against Namor? Which of his normal gadgets will give him the win? He may be smarter and a better fighter, but he doesn't have the physical, magical, or technological means to stop him. BP can do little more than slow Namor down.

Post Edited:2007-07-15 19:36:35

#41 Posted by BlackPanther (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"BlackPanther says:
" Remember he took out the Fantastic four "
He beat the original (not a powerful as they are now) FF with lots of one-side prep and gadgets.

BlackPanther says:
" And he shown wolverine his superior skills "
Being able to beat Wolverine doesn't mean he can beat Namor.

BlackPanther says:
" Maybe its because you hate BP and that’s what helped you come to your conclusions. "

BlackPanther says:
" So why cant he win? "
Why *can* he win? Can he beat Namor physically? What magic has he *shown* that he can use against Namor? Which of his normal gadgets will give him the win? He may be smarter and a better fighter, but he doesn't have the physical, magical, or technological means to stop him. BP can do little more than slow Namor down.
Post Edited:2007-07-15 19:36:35"

Yo B… I never specifically directed my post to you as an individual so please don’t type like your offended. BP is part of the most technologically advanced civilisations the world has ever seen. Even doctor doom wants a part of it. So we don’t know what he is still capable of or how fast his technology is developing.

It doesn’t matter how powerful the FF were he kicked their ass when he was still a teenager. that’s a big accomplishment for any marvel character.

So what’s to say that he cant win? You still didn’t answer my question.

Just to let you know, answering a question with another question is considered to be rude.

#42 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Megaguirus says:

"Back to the iron man avatar I see. Oh and namor wins.
Post Edited:2007-07-15 12:27:44"

Yeah Mega I felt like it was time.

BlackPanther says:

"Yo B… I never specifically directed my post to you as an individual so please don’t type like your offended. BP is part of the most technologically advanced civilisations the world has ever seen. Even doctor doom wants a part of it. So we don’t know what he is still capable of or how fast his technology is developing. It doesn’t matter how powerful the FF were he kicked their ass when he was still a teenager. that’s a big accomplishment for any marvel character. So what’s to say that he cant win? You still didn’t answer my question. Just to let you know, answering a question with another question is considered to be rude."

I dont know but what he said didnt seem to show that he was offended to me, but Buckshot gets misread a lot for some reason. Also when he said:

Why can he win? Can he beat Namor physically? What magic has he shown that he can use against Namor? Which of his normal gadgets will give him the win? He may be smarter and a better fighter, but he doesn't have the physical, magical, or technological means to stop him. BP can do little more than slow Namor down.

That looked like him answering your question to me. Namor is actually quicker than Black Panter. He has the durability to withstand pretty much anything that Black Panther tries against him. He is considerably stronger and is a gifted fighter who wont get outmanuevered like the Thing did. When he does get his hands on BP, his grip would be impossible for his opponent to break out of and Namor could just choke him out. Remember Namor can lift over 80 tons just out of the water and still 40 tons after being out of the water for a considerable amount of time. Fighting him is not like fighting Wolverine.

Oh and don't forget that he can take to the air whenever he wants to gain a little space. Oh and I'm a BP fan from way way back, so I know what he can do and I would be more inclined to pull for him than Namor.

#43 Posted by BlackPanther (511 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

" Maybe its because you hate BP and that’s what helped you come to your conclusions. "

I dont know if its only me but B sounds insulted.
Post Edited:2007-07-15 20:45:22
#44 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

"Yo B… I never specifically directed my post to you as an individual so please don’t type like your offended. BP is part of the most technologically advanced civilisations the world has ever seen. Even doctor doom wants a part of it. So we don’t know what he is still capable of or how fast his technology is developing.It doesn’t matter how powerful the FF were he kicked their ass when he was still a teenager. that’s a big accomplishment for any marvel character.So what’s to say that he cant win? You still didn’t answer my question.Just to let you know, answering a question with another question is considered to be rude."

I'm not offended, so you know. I only said "you don't know who you're talking to" because you accused us of not liking Black Panther, when if you knew me, you' know that that was not true. You'd also see how well I've defended him before(when he could win), but liking a character or not, doesn't change if they'll win. Anyway, you made a general statement and if you weren't walking to me, you should have said so. It still doesn't change the rest of what I said though. Trust me, I know that BP and his nation are very advanced, but BP on his own, with what he's shown to date, doesn't have what it takes to put Namor down. He's not strong enough, fast enough, or durable enough (even with his suit) to beat him up close, and he's also not fast enough to get away and buy time to figure something out. His claws aren't getting through Namor, and his suit can't hold up to Namor, and even if it could, Namor can easily work around that. His energy daggers are his best bet, but if they could do anything to him, Namor is fast enough to dodge them or just smack the weapon out of his hand. BP also has no standard application of his mystical knowledge. He doesn't carry around magical items and he doesn't use magic spells. So, like I said, he doesn't have the physical, magical, or technological means to stop him. I thought when I wrote that before, it was answer enough, but I guess not.

He beat the FF, yeah, that's great, but he did it in a situation where he controlled everything from the get go. The environment was tailor made to give him the advantage and he had things in place to weaken them to levels where he could handle them. Not only that, but he had to fight them individually to stand a chance. Saying "he beat the FF" is impressive, but that's not the whole story. Is this fight with Namor anything like that? No.

Also, I don't care what's rude. You having to bring it up instead of simply answering the questions and proving me wrong tells me you can't answer them. If you can answer them, then do so.

#45 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackPanther says:

"

BlackPanther says:

I dont know if its only me but B sounds insulted.
Post Edited:2007-07-15 20:45:22"

You dont get any tone out of text. I doubt he's insulted. He's only pointing out something that you weren't aware of. Even though he's always logical, BP (and Majestic) are probably as close to being a fanboy as he comes. But you made a blanket statement about everyone who had posted in the thread. I love BP myself, but that doesnt mean that I think he can beat Namor, who is clearly out of his class.

#46 Posted by BlackPanther (511 posts) - - Show Bio
"

BlackPanther says:
" Maybe its because you hate BP and that’s what helped you come to your conclusions.Buckshot says:"

"i don't know if its only me but B sounds insulted
#47 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Even though he's always logical, BP (and Majestic) are probably as close to being a fanboy as he comes."

And Midnighter.

#48 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. I knew I forgot someone.

#49 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

2 outta 3 aint bad.

#50 Posted by BlackPanther (511 posts) - - Show Bio

did I say namor will lose to BP? no. not once. I said I think BP can win on land, not in the sea. Everyone know BP will lose. its not rocket science, I didn’t feel it was necessary for me to say anything. I just wanted to let people know it wont be easy. I’m not going to argue a point I’m obviously not going to get across. that’s why I specifically said land.

B sorry if I misread your post. but in London, England saying "do you know who I am" generally means you are challenging somebody. anyway that’s my bad.

But yeh in a match on equal grounds (wherever that may be) namor will win. But on land when his powers are slowly deteriorating BP stands a better chance.