#1 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
 Can the Powerful Omnipotent Wizard known as Nabu take down Galactus ?

caption
caption

#2 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

looks cool enough to do it so yea.

#3 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

no way.

#4 Posted by Glorious (1590 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"no way."
#5 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio
Kadaj said:
"Ball Buster said:
"no way."
"
#6 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

Given enough prep time he can....ENOUGH prep time...

#7 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"no way."
Why do you say that ? Nabu is somewhat like the Wizard Shazam himself...
#8 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"no way."
Why do you say that ? Nabu is somewhat like the Wizard Shazam himself..."

How does Dr Fate beat Galactus ?
#9 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"no way."
Why do you say that ? Nabu is somewhat like the Wizard Shazam himself..."

How does Dr Fate beat Galactus ?"
It wasnt supposed to be Dr. Fate... that was the only image they had of Nabu the Wise in his gallery...
#10 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's Nabu then that is a very different premise to Dr Fate.

Are you allowing this to basically the unhindered Nabu (a full Lord of Order) ?

#11 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"If it's Nabu then that is a very different premise to Dr Fate.

Are you allowing this to basically the unhindered Nabu (a full Lord of Order) ?"
Yes Indeed. 
#12 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Well each of the Lords of Order and Chaos were basically immensley powerful entities with massive control over magical energies.
In the Marvel universe it would be difficult to draw an exact similarity but I think that a single Lord at the height of his power would have at even greater magic control than say Chthon or members of the Vishanti.
The Specter has been shown to be more powerful than a Lord (when both are at full power).

Galactus does not have control over magical energies. Therefore he may prove more susceptible to the attacks of Nabu.

If fully fed or highly fed, I think that Galactus's mental powers and matter/energy attacks would still over power Nabu, but being at a lower energy level than this would lead to a win for Nabu.

#13 Posted by Devias (297 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to bump this. Nabu put up a good fight against an immensely powerful Spectre, one that destroyed all the Lords of Magic, including Nabu himself. I wonder how Galactus would do against him?

#14 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Devias said:
" I'd like to bump this. Nabu put up a good fight against an immensely powerful Spectre, one that destroyed all the Lords of Magic, including Nabu himself. I wonder how Galactus would do against him? "
I consider Nabu to be a watered down version of the Ancient One so he can defeat Galactus pretty easily.

Oh, but the difference here is that Nabu held a loosing battle against Spectre. Classic Dr. Strange actually stalemated the Living Tribunal in a magical dual.
#15 Posted by Devias (297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
" @Devias said:
" I'd like to bump this. Nabu put up a good fight against an immensely powerful Spectre, one that destroyed all the Lords of Magic, including Nabu himself. I wonder how Galactus would do against him? "
I consider Nabu to be a watered down version of the Ancient One so he can defeat Galactus pretty easily.    Oh, but the difference here is that Nabu held a loosing battle against Spectre. Classic Dr. Strange actually stalemated the Living Tribunal in a magical dual. "
So could Silver Age Doctor Fate. But that's not the battle.
#16 Posted by entropy_aegis (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
" @Devias said:
I consider Nabu to be a watered down version of the Ancient One so he can defeat Galactus pretty easily.    Oh, but the difference here is that Nabu held a loosing battle against Spectre. Classic Dr. Strange actually stalemated the Living Tribunal in a magical dual. "

So much wrong here. 
nabu cannot beat galactus let alone easily and strange did'nt have a classic duel,LT shooed him away like a bug.
#17 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Cypher's Gambit said:
" @Devias said:
So much wrong here. nabu cannot beat galactus let alone easily and strange did'nt have a classic duel,LT shooed him away like a bug. "
So much wrong there. Galactus is weak against anyone stronger than Mephisto in terms of magic. If Nabu can't do it easily like Strange defeated Galactus veeeeery easily, then Nabu can still beat him is a good battle. I guess you don't remember the time when the Living Tribunal put a reward on Dr. Strange's head because Strange was so powerful that he was not welcome roam the universe anymore.
#18 Edited by ___Living_Tribunal_22__ (388 posts) - - Show Bio

So you're saying that Nabu is like a Cube level being? I always saw him on Odin's level.
#19 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

Without prep Nabu took on Spectre at his best i think he puts Galactus down hard here

#20 Posted by odinforce (1505 posts) - - Show Bio
@___Living_Tribunal_22__ said:
So you're saying that Nabu is like a Cube level being? I always saw him as a Skyfather.
same here. or somewhat higher
#21 Posted by lordraiden (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

Omnipotent? That word gets thrown around a little too much.