N7 Operatives (Mass Effect) vs UNSC Spartans (Halo)

Eggnogui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eggnogui
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Team One: Six N7 Operatives

• N7 Fury Adept
  • N7 Demolisher Enginner
  • N7 Shadow Infiltrator
  • N7 Paladin Sentinel
  • N7 Destroyer Soldier
  • N7 Slayer Vanguard

Team Two: Six Spartans-IVs

Standard equipment but no alien weapons.

There's a 5 min prep time for load-out choosing, ammo upgrades, etc. But no specific intel on the enemy except for numbers and how they look like.

Both teams' shielding can interact with each other's attacks, except for attacks specifically stated to bypass energy shields.

Battle takes place here, teams start 1000 feet apart.

No Caption Provided

Con7879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough call but......

I say N7's have the edge. They bring tech and biotic abilities the Spartans have never seen nor trained for, and are augmented physically to about spartan 3 level. Not saying it wouldnt be a tough fight, but I see things like Annihilation Field, throw and emp grenades catching the IV's off guard.

I haven't played much of halo 4 though, so feel free to correct me.

Eggnogui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eggnogui

@con7879: thank you for your input. I kinda agree with it. Tech and biotics, aswell as better weapons, should trump the Spartans' advantage of better physicals and tougher armor (energy shielding should be on par with kinetic shielding though).

That said, I can only see the N7s winning with one or two of them remaining, badly injured. XD

Edgeicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a universe, Halo completely obliterates Mass Effect, the Infinity alone would be too much for the Citadel Fleets to handle

Ground game goes to Mass Effect though, outside the Spartans the ground game for the UNSC is lackluster

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ME should win, spartan IVs are not much more special that ODSTs, they go through brief stuff the Spartan IIS and IIIS had, but nothing in depth.

Eggnogui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Well actually it's been stated that in physical terms, Spartan-IV = Spartan-II. And since most of them hail from ODST, they are already highly experienced and trained soldiers, if not as much as a Spartan-II of course. The difference should be minimal. The N7s should have the same amount of experience, and are slighly enhanced, obviously not to the degree of the Spartans. I say the Spartans lose because of N7 tech and biotics and not because of physicals.

@edgeicide: Agreed, but this just Alliance special forces vs UNSC special forces, I'm sure there's plenty of forums out there for whole universe fights. I'm assuming you also would put your money on the N7s.

Thank you both for your inputs.

Rithik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a cqc it is the SIV's, but the N7's biotics help them to get the win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eggnogui: Where has this been stated? Ik Spartan threes underwent the program and same with spartan 2s, spartan IVs as i said are just above ODST to which are below both of them in training, weapons, armor, heck just about anything. You also don't need to explain either, because ik the haloverse as well.

Eggnogui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: From the wiki: "An average SPARTAN-IV in GEN2 MJOLNIR armor can take on an average SPARTAN-II in GEN1 MJOLNIR armor due to the GEN2 armor being more advanced. However, without armor, SPARTAN-IIs are superior." And also: "Dr. Catherine Halsey considers SPARTAN-IVs to be inferior to SPARTAN-II's because they haven't undergone a lifetime of military training and indoctrination."

Spartan-IIIs don't get Mjolnir Armors, so their physical prowess is not as much as a Spartan-II. But a Spartan-IV gets a Mjolnir that is superior to the armors Spartan-IIs had, compensating their inferior augmentations.

Spartan-II >= Spartan-IV > Spartan-III> ODST

So no, the dudes I'm putting against the N7 are not "just above ODST". They are almost as nasty as Spartan-IIs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eggnogui: using wiki... Really? I'm just gonna stop right now and not begin an actual debate.

Eggnogui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Then for the sake of argument, try to imagine the N7s versus 6 Spartan-IIs. Do you still think the N7s win or change your mind?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eggnogui: for ur debate, It depends, from what i remember N7, unless my memory fails me and they ( N7 ) don't have shields that render the unsc rounds useless. Regardless most spartan teams could win against N7 if not all of them if we of course used standard gear for N7 and applied or gave the spartans covenant weapons.

Eggnogui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Yes, if we gave the spartans covenant weapons, N7s would be stomped. Hence my "No alien weapons" rule, to make it more fair.

As for UNSC rounds, I agree that they wouldn't be useless, but they wouldn't go through the shields easily aswell. I imagine they would behave like mass acelerator rounds and take a couple of shots to down a shield, and a few more to down the N7 himself, although this is hard to tell because we are never told the kinetic energies Mass Effect rounds have to compare it to UNSC (or real life) ones. The difference might not be much given that UNSC bullets can defeat Covenant defenses (eventually).

I think what decides the winner is if the N7 advantage of tech and biotic attacks trump the Spartan advantage of superhuman physicals.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eggnogui: Well we know the UNSC rifles are not much better than our standard Ak and thats honestly not a high thing to beat, but as i said before tech is a problem for UNSC alike, which i honestly dislike a lot same with their damage output. Imo it's way to low for the fire power they are launching.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DottiestMoon

Spartans IVs should win here. They're overall more physically better, more durable and more mobile with thrusters. I see the N7 soilder having a difficult time trying to get good hits. In terms of weapons it's hard to compare UNSC and Alliance ballistics since i'm not sure if UNSC ballistic travel as fast as ME rounds but they defiantly have higher caliber rounds and possibly better armor piercing. Spartans armor abilities should counter most of the N7 soldiers abilities and in addition biotics don't against heavily armored or shielded targets making them ineffective against Spartans.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By CitizenSentry

@dottiestmoon said:

Spartans IVs should win here. They're overall more physically better, more durable and more mobile with thrusters. I see the N7 soilder having a difficult time trying to get good hits. In terms of weapons it's hard to compare UNSC and Alliance ballistics

You realize that the adept alone would make the Spartans struggle for a victory right?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biotics are too much. N7 wins

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DottiestMoon

@citizensentry said:
@dottiestmoon said:

Spartans IVs should win here. They're overall more physically better, more durable and more mobile with thrusters. I see the N7 soilder having a difficult time trying to get good hits. In terms of weapons it's hard to compare UNSC and Alliance ballistics

You realize that the adept alone would make the Spartans struggle for a victory right?

No, biotics are ineffective against shields and heavy armor which Spartans already have. Biotics are limited in range even for an adept and the Spartan can always rely on longer range weapons. Biotic users mostly rely on shorter range weapons such as heavy pistols and shotguns. If two close in physical confrontation the Spartan IV would likely win due to physical superiority as well as being better trained in CQC. Most Spartan armor abilities should counter biotic powers as well. The shielding afforded by kinetic barriers does not protect against extremes of temperature, toxins, or radiation according to the codex. Meaning the covenant plasma weapons should ignore kinetic shields which is bad new for the N7 soldiers. I don't see an N7 fury adept giving a group full of Spartan IVs trouble or let alone a single Spartan IV.

Biotics are overrated...

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DottiestMoon
@mtuske said:

Biotics are too much. N7 wins

What makes biotics too much? They aren't even effective against shields and heavy armor so I don't see them being much of an issue. I thought the Spartan IVs mobility and abilities were too much... (Action starts at 1:45)

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

N7 beceuse of versitility granted by their tech and biotic abilities.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ME should win, spartan IVs are not much more special that ODSTs, they go through brief stuff the Spartan IIS and IIIS had, but nothing in depth.

Yea this. Their enhancements are only basic and they aren't near as skilled as those like chief

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dottiestmoon: Stasis stops them in their tracks followed by overload lowering their shield which leaves them powerless to singularity or just gun fire to end it.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DottiestMoon

@mtuske: The N7 fury adept doesn't have singularity nor stasis. Even so again they don't work against heavily armored or shielded targets. The Spartans half ton weigh, thrusters and magnetic boots should also be a problem for singularity. The heavy armor might be a problem after shields are down but that's if they manage to get their shields down. Overload is only going to drain a good portion of their shields if not interrupted by overshields or hardlight shield. Remember there's only 3 biotic users so if they fail the rest of the team will, and none of the N7 classes own overload. On the other hand Spartan's plasma weapons are going ignore the N7 soliders kinetic barrier since they can't react to extreme temperature so they have better equipment to deal with the N7 shields than the N7 do against the Spartans. And all Spartans aren't restricted on abilities like N7 soldiers are.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp said:

Yea this. Their enhancements are only basic and they aren't near as skilled as those like chief

You realized that these aren't regular ODSTs and not all are ODSTs either. The people selected to be apart of the Spartan IVs are the best of the best being from being top ONI agents to top ODSTs such as Buck and Locke. Their armor puts them in pair with IIs in gen 1 armor.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DottiestMoon
@the_wspanialy said:

N7 beceuse of versitility granted by their tech and biotic abilities.

I don't see N7 being more versatile, you're forgetting Spartan IVs having armor abilities which have more variety possibly more versatile. Tech is only going to be useful in this battle since biotics aren't effective against shields and heavy armor which Spartan have. I played much share of ME 3 multiplayer to know that. Each N7 class is restricted to 3 abilities (counting grenades), while each Spartan IVs is less restricted to what they can use. Topped that with the built in thrusters they already own which are being called Spartan abilities. Take a look of the armor abilities Spartans IVs have.

Armor abilities: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_Ability

Spartan abilities: https://www.halopedia.org/Spartan_abilities

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dottiestmoon: This was 2 years ago, back when Spartan IV's were garbage, tbh they are still are in compared to Spartan IIs and Spartan IIIs. However, the Spartans only have standard UNSC weaponry that was two years ago, and the Spartan abilities weren't first used, so my answer was based on that time. With the newer abilities, unsc weaponry, and we get to see Spartan IV's begin to see them become somewhat reliable and stuff, I'd say they could beat the N7, but the N7 are just as trained imo as these. That being said this certain N7 group is best of the best of the N7 people besides like shepard and so on.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I was responding to the other guy. Quoting your post

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers