N52 Darkseid Vs Thanos

Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@frozen:

Just curious with AM munching on universes to amp himself and therefore DS being kinda even with a 1 universe 2 universe AM at the moment or maybe greater than that would that put him above big G? Since G only eats planets to sustain/amp himself and AM eats universes.

ABC logic N52 darkseid = N52 AM >>> big G >>>Thanos

Shhh...Thanos fans will get upset...

DC is writing Darkseid as way above his pre 52 level. Thanos is not in New 52 Darkseid's league. Again...Thanos is universal threat while Darkseid is a Multiverse threat.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gabranth:

I thought thanos without amps was only planetary?

Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gabranth:

You're right, without boosts and artefacts, he's planetary while Darkseid is Multiversal without any boosts of any kind. Brainwashing Earth 2 Superman and unleashing him is brilliant on his part. Look at the damage Steppenwolf did on his own...to think Darkseid could do sooo much worse himself

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gabranth:

Thanos is overrated. I blame overuse of the IG and HoTU

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#105  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@dondave: It's been confirmed, he destroyed a Universe exactly as he did Pre-Crisis.

No Caption Provided

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai I think you might be knowledgeable on Thanos.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@gabranth:

Well, considering almost every low-showing of his has been retconned, we basically have a character who can't be conventionally killed by anything less than a Skyfather (unless their name is Drax.) This is one character, who without an amp, is more powerful than six heralds of Galactus.

So no, Thanos is not overrated. N52 Darkseid is just featless at this point, and Pre-52 Darkseid was jobbed out consistently to Superman.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109  Edited By Killemall

@clownprinceofcrime1995 said:

@gabranth:

He in all likelyhood is a lot about that. We havent seen him bust more than a planet, but he has out defeated people who have done so. Went toe to toe with people who can destroy a galaxy (Odin, Tyrant, Ego, Walker) and held his own (more notebly against Ego, the rest while his performance was commendable he was obviously going to lose in a prolongued combat, specifically against Walker).

You gotta give him leeway above a planetary level.

If its later confirmed that the power of 1 entire universe wasnt enough for AM to defeat Darkseid, then Darkseid clearly not just because (becomes) Thanos superior but in a league of his own.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gabranth:

He in all likelyhood is a lot about that. We havent seen him bust more than a planet, but he has out defeated people who have done so. Went toe to toe with people who can destroy a galaxy (Odin, Tyrant, Ego, Walker) and held his own (more notebly against Ego, the rest while his performance was commendable he was obviously going to lose in a prolongued combat, specifically against Walker).

You gotta give him leeway above a planetary level.

If its later confirmed that the power of 1 entire universe wasnt enough for AM to defeat Darkseid, then Darkseid clearly not just because (becomes) Thanos superior but in a league of his own.

Darkseid's implied power has always been leagues above Thanos. In practice, however, he comes out roughly the same level, if not a bit lower.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 frozen  Moderator

@gabranth:

Well, considering almost every low-showing of his has been retconned, we basically have a character who can't be conventionally killed by anything less than a Skyfather (unless their name is Drax.) This is one character, who without an amp, is more powerful than six heralds of Galactus.

So no, Thanos is not overrated. N52 Darkseid is just featless at this point, and Pre-52 Darkseid was jobbed out consistently to Superman.

He's not featless, he one-shotted Superman and destroyed the Fourth World along with a number of alternate Earth's, that's hardly ''featless''.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 frozen  Moderator

@killemall:

Now we have confirmation Anti-Monitor has destroyed a Universe, if this is the case, I can see the plausibility as Darkseid could be the one who causes Anti-Monitor's original body to get destroyed.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@kangconquers said:

@gabranth:

He's not featless, he one-shotted Superman and destroyed the Fourth World along with a number of alternate Earth's, that's hardly ''featless''.

One-Shotting Superman. That's adorable.

Scans on the Fourth World destruction? Not doubting you, just sounds interesting.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps.

Has Darkseid appeared since his Villains Month issue?

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thanos obliterates him into nothingness with ease.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@gabranth: @gabranth:

Well I'm still really curious about new gods power levels. IIRC, In Lights Out it was revealed that Lanterns draw their power from the source so maybe that isn't as big a deal as we think.

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately DS has no on panel feats that I can use to plead his case.

But through the narrations and story that have revolved around Darkseid destroying worlds and their heroes clearly puts him on a class way above Thanos.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@kangconquers: Darkseid destroys the Fourth World (has the power of most of the pantheon of Old Gods).

No Caption Provided

Has destroyed a countless number of alternate Universe Earth's.

No Caption Provided

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@hellblazing said:

But through the narrations and story that have revolved around Darkseid destroying worlds and their heroes clearly puts him on a class way above Thanos.

DS destroying a planet was on-panel.

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@hellblazing said:

But him destroying planets and their JL's wasn't.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that N52 Darkseid origin story was an awful, unnecessary retcon

That being said, just as an example of the difference in power levels, Darkseid directly hits the planet to shatter it

Thanos, two powerups ago shatters planets as a side effect of hitting Drax( the dude who rips out stars)

Thanos these days has a gas giant blow up in his face with all of his clothes being slightly torn to show for it. He has 2 light years of space warped upon him and comes out of that with minor scratches

Darkseids opening appearance had him hurt by Diana and Arthur of all people

Its not really close...even without going into the vast variety of other powers Thanos has shown as compared to Darkseid

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@thegrayghost: Darkseid didn't shatter the planet. He destroyed it.

If we go by recently implied power, he's much higher. Arthur and Diana's damage was that they were able to cut him, the origin revealed he could have easily returned - if we go down that route, we have Thanos recently losing to a group of Avengers (though I class it as PIS).

@hellblazing said:

@frozen said:

@hellblazing said:

No, but the Fourth World feat was.

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By HellBlazing

@frozen said:

@thegrayghost: Darkseid didn't shatter the planet. He destroyed it.

If we go by recently implied power, he's much higher. Arthur and Diana's damage was that they were able to cut him, the origin revealed he could have easily returned - if we go down that route, we have Thanos recently losing to a group of Avengers (though I class it as PIS).

@hellblazing said:

@frozen said:

@hellblazing said:

No, but the Fourth World feat was.

He did indeed.

I don't necessarily classify Thanos losing to the Avengers as PIS at all.

The Avengers have always hindered and formed instrumental in defeating him in the past.

He has never actually soloed a team of avengers on the same capacity DS went up against the League.

In fact he does his best to avoid them completely hence the rouse during the INFINITY series.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps.

TheKing47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is superior in pretty much ever aspect.

Darkseid's best feat is destroying a planet, Thanos did that as a side effect of his clash a couple of upgrades ago.

Plus there's the fact that Darkseid isn't hurting Thanos at all, Thanos is way too durable.

We need to wait for more feats from Darkseid.

Thanos 10/10

Avatar image for undisputednegro1
UndisputedNegro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't know, people are claiming thanos but i bet half of them are just following the trend.

TheKing47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undisputednegro1:

Well, tell me how Darkseid wins then? Because he has nothing to put him on Thanos' level as far as I can tell, however, I can be persuaded.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#128  Edited By entropy_aegis

I dont understand really,does world mean universe or planet? it's frustrating. The DC higher ups particularly Johns have no clue what they are doing,everyone knows Trinity War was rewritten many times,Rise of the Third Army was also swept aside at the eleventh hour in favor of Wrath of the First Lantern. Anti-Monitor had no reason to be in Forever Evil other than fan over speculation. I wish Grant Morrison was writing this.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By dondave
Avatar image for spidermanftw333
spidermanftw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Thanos lost to Avengers . When?

Implied power. Uh huh. Implied power allows you to ignore the fact that freakin Arthur Curry hurt him in his first appearance?

Implied power again. The Justice Leagues that Darksied beat had Superman being overwhelmed by Parademons as far as THEIR implied power goes.

Darkseid has had all of two showings so far, neither of which comes close to even Thanos.....in 1973 when he destroyed a planet as a side effect of hitting Drax

Nevermind his power levels these days when he literally yawns and takes a nap after a gas giant explodes in his face or comes out of 2 light years of space COLLAPSING upon him with minor cuts and bruises

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By mysticmedivh

Implied power. Uh huh. Implied power allows you to ignore the fact that freakin Arthur Curry hurt him in his first appearance?

Implied power again. The Justice Leagues that Darksied beat had Superman being overwhelmed by Parademons as far as THEIR implied power goes.

Darkseid has had all of two showings so far, neither of which comes close to even Thanos.....in 1973 when he destroyed a planet as a side effect of hitting Drax

Nevermind his power levels these days when he literally yawns and takes a nap after a gas giant explodes in his face or comes out of 2 light years of space COLLAPSING upon him with minor cuts and bruises

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using a magical trident and stabbing him in the eye,it didn't do anything anyway.

Not necessarily,FE revealed Anti-Monitor destroyed the Earth-3 universe but Volthoom recently said that his world was destroyed.The scans are in this thread,similarly the Fourth World/Third world is a universe,not a planet as you can see rather clearly in the new map of the Multiverse.

TheKing47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By TheKing47

@mysticmedivh:

He got a nosebleed from 30 Avengers backed by the Elders of the Universe and it looks like one of those Elders is the Inbetweener.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Darkseid would get stomped there much worse.

Thanos stomps.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh:

He got a nosebleed from 30 Avengers backed by the Elders of the Universe and it looks like one of those Elders is the Inbetweener.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Darkseid would get stomped there.

Imo those scans look like PIS to me. Thanos being hit by Cap's shield? Really? He's well above that. And yeah, Darkseid would be in big trouble there.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos easily.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Magic trident or not, it doesn't really change the fact that was Aquaman applying the force behind it , not to mention Diana and the kind of level she is portrayed in her own book

And saying "it didn't do anything" kinda ignores the blinding of said eye to the point of shutting off the OBs and what that says about Darkseids durability

It sure didn't hurt him at all when Darkseid went "Ahh

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@mysticmedivh: oh the non canon thrash that Bendis was churning out

Or to put it another way, if Captain America can make Thanos bleed according to you, what chance does he stand against Darkseid whatsoever?

In fact why do you think people bother to post threads like " Thanos vs Justice League " at all?

Surely , according to you, " thanos vs Captain America is a much closer battle

Or to put it another way, what if anything do you know about Thanos?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: oh the non canon thrash that Bendis was churning out

Or to put it another way, if Captain America can make Thanos bleed according to you, what chance does he stand against Darkseid whatsoever?

In fact why do you think people bother to post threads like " Thanos vs Justice League " at all?

Surely , according to you, " thanos vs Captain America is a much closer battle

Or to put it another way, what if anything do you know about Thanos?

Did you read my post above? Stop making thoughtless assumptions.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Magic trident or not, it doesn't really change the fact that was Aquaman applying the force behind it , not to mention Diana and the kind of level she is portrayed in her own book

And saying "it didn't do anything" kinda ignores the blinding of said eye to the point of shutting off the OBs and what that says about Darkseids durability

It sure didn't hurt him at all when Darkseid went "Ahh

In the Darkseid one shot he was smiling immediately after that incident,thanked Kaiyo for showing him an interesting world and then proceeded to laugh at his Superman collection.

Writer discrepancy here,it's clear that Azz,Johns and Pak have different ideas,you cant just roll them in to one. The WW in JL is really the not the WW in her solo book.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: If you know its PIS , then why post it? Especially since its non Canon PIS

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@entropy_aegis: Oh so you are basically waving away all presentation in her own monthly title in favour of that team book she occasionally features in....riight.

As far as retcons go, that particular retcon had Darkseid/ narration noting that he was now facing people with the power to rival his own for the first time when he went up against the Nu JLA as far as him and "laughing away their attacks" goes. And Darksed laughing doesn't exactly change the fact that he lost

And his collection of featless Supermen weak enough to be overwhelmed by his parademons is certainly a GREAT feat to bring up for Darkseid

None of which kinda changes the fact that Thanos in 1973 would still have beaten him senseless

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Oh so you are basically waving away all presentation in her own monthly title in favour of that team book she occasionally features in....riight.

As far as retcons go, that particular retcon had Darkseid/ narration noting that he was now facing people with the power to rival his own for the first time when he went up against the Nu JLA as far as him and "laughing away their attacks" goes. And Darksed laughing doesn't exactly change the fact that he lost

And his collection of featless Supermen weak enough to be overwhelmed by his parademons is certainly a GREAT feat to bring up for Darkseid

None of which kinda changes the fact that Thanos in 1973 would still have beaten him senseless

Nope,I much prefer Azz to Johns but that's from a writing standpoint,feats are a different matter entirely. It's clear that both writers have vastly differing views on how to write the character,to the point where it's not even the same character.

It wasn't a retcon,it happened immediately after the fight,it was a continuation of the story.

I read the Johns arc again,you just lied about the "ahh" there was no "ahh" when Aquaman stabbed him and same goes for his reaction to the other eye. He pulled the trident and sword out tackled Superman and said alien "you are coming with me".

Huh? Supermen overwhelmed by Parademons? the heck are you talking about,for someone who remembers the 70's so well I'm surprised you seem to have forgotten more recent events and they were still Supermen,we've seen enough of alternate reality Supermen over the years to judge his power,especially the Earth-2 and Earth-3 versions. There's a reason why they went with Supermen and not Batmen.

I didn't say Darkseid wins,stop with the thoughtless assumptions.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: and yet the version of Superman shown in that arc ( one of them anyway) got beat by Parademons swarming him

So you are saying all Superman are equal? Despite versions like I dunno Kingdom Come and Red Son being obviously more powerful while TDKR Supes was weak as hell.

These were actual alt universes in pre flashpoint DCU.

It still blinded him nonetheless. A character with inconsistent strength and a flat out class 70 character blinded him. Thats hardly something impressive if thats all thats happening in his two appearances.

And equating the Alt universe JLAs to the maim earth JL , is contradictory to say the least not least when we have alt universe supes being overwhelmed on panel by Parademons as opposed n52 Clark soloing a bunch of them/ or really at the most basic level when the JL actually beat him as opposed to their alt universe counterparts

N52 Darkseid has not really done anything to merit him being pitted against current Thanos. At all

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: and yet the version of Superman shown in that arc ( one of them anyway) got beat by Parademons swarming him

So you are saying all Superman are equal? Despite versions like I dunno Kingdom Come and Red Son being obviously more powerful while TDKR Supes was weak as hell.

These were actual alt universes in pre flashpoint DCU.

It still blinded him nonetheless. A character with inconsistent strength and a flat out class 70 character blinded him. Thats hardly something impressive if thats all thats happening in his two appearances.

And equating the Alt universe JLAs to the maim earth JL , is contradictory to say the least not least when we have alt universe supes being overwhelmed on panel by Parademons as opposed n52 Clark soloing a bunch of them/ or really at the most basic level when the JL actually beat him as opposed to their alt universe counterparts

N52 Darkseid has not really done anything to merit him being pitted against current Thanos. At all

That Superman was much powerful than our Superman and those Parademons only held him long enough to be teleported(after he distracted by Steppenwolf killing Diana),what happened after is anyone's guess.

There are versions of Superman who are stronger,others that are weaker,bottom line they are Superman and it averages out.

It didn't blind him,THAT'S WHAT THE JL THOUGHT. From Darkseid's own perspective those attacks DID NOTHING. Dont mix the movie with comic.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Did anyone actually say he destroyed their universe during FE?

IIRC Ultraman always referred to his world being destroyed and not his universe. They had to come from somewhere to invade Earth Prime, they couldn't really do that if their universe was destroyed.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By entropy_aegis

@dondave said:

IIRC Ultraman always referred to his world being destroyed and not his universe. They had to come from somewhere to invade Earth Prime, they couldn't really do that if their universe was destroyed.

Whoever talked to the Anti-Monitor said another universe.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@dondave said:

1. I gave you the recent scan of the Universe being destroyed in the JL flashback, just as the Pre-Crisis Universes were
  2. Someone said ''another'' implying he can consume more than one
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@dondave said:

1. I gave you the recent scan of the Universe being destroyed in the JL flashback, just as the Pre-Crisis Universes were
  2. Someone said ''another'' implying he can consume more than one

Now we're gonna have to decide what "world" stands for,.

Starrk01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps until DS gets more feats.