Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lucifer.

Revelations Chapter 12:4

4And his tail swept away a third of the stars in the heavens and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

A sweep of his tail (him being the dragon, a form of Lucifer) wiped out a 1/3rd of the stars in heavens/the universe.

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer.

Revelations Chapter 12:4

4And his tail swept away a third of the stars in the heavens and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

A sweep of his tail (him being the dragon, a form of Lucifer) wiped out a 1/3rd of the stars in heavens/the universe.

This is a time period where people thought the stars in the sky were small, like the size of a basketball.

If a star came anywhere near the vicinity of the Earth, it'd incinerate it.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered:

The same thing applies to all myth feats/religious feats but we're looking at it from a modern perspective.

This is also being told by God to John the Apostle in this context, and I'm fairly certain that the creator of the universe would be aware of how large stars are.

Also, it's noted that God only allowed a portion of the Earth to be destroyed.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiro: It's not that God can't; it's clear he can, but simply chooses not to do it yet.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: Just to be clear, are we acting under the assumption that Lucifer is Satan/The Devil?

Because apparently that's still debated over.

Either way Hades wins via actually having feats.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

By Supernatural terms Angels, Lucifer and the rest all could murk armies of Greek gods, roman gods, Hindu gods , etc

ScotticusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ScotticusRex

Strict mythology, not fiction (i.e. Vertigo)? Hades by feats.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: Yes we are working under the assumption that Satan & Lucifer are the same being.

It is? I thought they settle that matter a long time ago.

He has a few feat just need to look hard for them, also one of the reasons I said they were in character is because Lucifer choose to deceive other beings most of the time. He is able to manipulate people, demons as well as a third of the angels to rebel against God.

By Supernatural terms Angels, Lucifer and the rest all could murk armies of Greek gods, roman gods, Hindu gods , etc

I always wondered why they did that, place Christianity over the other pantheons.

@scotticusrex Yes, strictly mythology.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Christianity's Lucy is a beast (lol), he was actually warping reality and traveling through the universe and its realms, which was pretty hostile even for other angels, easily in Paradise Lost from John Milton.

Many of his feats in that book are universal, also the sweeping 1 third of the stars from heaven feat, is pretty impressive.

Hades does not have any feats on that level in any instance of Greek Mythology that I remember.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Does heavens = universe in the bible? I thought the heavens was God's kingdom and the universe was what he created? I'm confused on the wording here..

But in terms of coolness, this Lucifer ain't got nothing on Robot Devil. :).

No Caption Provided

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheMan44

Satan isn't allowed to physically hurt anyone without God's permission and that's only when God wants to test someone. That being said if Satan were to fight jades he would have the back up of an omnipotent God on his side.

Also to all those people questioning if Lucifer = Satan, the Bible states that the name of the fallen angel the devil was named Lucifer.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lucifer. I question the debate value of this...

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Lucifer.

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dawnone

@the_kidd: lucifer probably also reason why people place christain god over greeks cause the greek gods seemed more flawed while the Christian god was described as omnipotent omniscient alpha and omega etc the angels were also portrayed as divine and out of this world giving you more of a divinity aspect to work on unlike the greek gods who seemed more human and were personified as worldly based forces such as sky ocean fire etc on the other hand angels are portrayed as something beyond our grasp and teachings sorrundings beyond our world and reprsent something more divine in nature, there is only one judo Christian god making his omnipotence more convincing while the greek god who came in many and seemed heavily flawed and would be down right ridiculous to use due to common beliefs of today as no one really believes in them and would be better to see what they did in their mythology as pure myth seeing as how no one believes in what they accomplished while some still believe in God.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: Yes heaven is God's Kingdom but in this context it means skies/universe.

@theman44: But Hades isn't human and he not getting back up by God here.

@dawnone: Thanks for the clarification on why they placed Christianity over the other religions

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Aren't threads involving actual religious incarnations of Gods banned?

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheMan44

@the_kidd: if Gods not giving Sagan permission than he really can't do anything. All Sagan can do is tempt an deceive he really doesn't have any power over anyone. And also Sagan is already suffering hell so I don't think hates hurting him would make a difference.

Satan can't die btw but hades can. The best Lucifer can do is torment hades into killing himself.

Also Humans are in fact stronger than lucifer. All we need say is get behind me and he has to leave.

There are to many factors in this battle

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko said:

Aren't threads involving actual religious incarnations of Gods banned?

Well this isn't "God" himself but one of his fallen.. I guess if you go by the phrase "God's in everyone", technically this would be technically as God is suppose to oversee everything and be everywhere.

@the_kidd said:

@saint_sophie: Yes heaven is God's Kingdom but in this context it means skies/universe.

Ah so it's the context. Makes sense now.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norin-Radd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone give hades feats?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norin-radd:

Hades is the Greek god of the Underworld, the dead, underground, riches, misery and fear. He is the eldest son of Kronos and Rhea. He has control over the dead and precious metal in the earth as well as a helmet which makes the user become completely undetectable to others. He can also distill fear in others.

Ondskapt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lucifer, Satan and the Devil

Lucifer, Satan and the Devil are three different names for the same angel. Lucifer refers to this angel when he lived in heaven. Satan and the Devil are names for this angel after he became evil and came to our earth. The Bible uses many names for Satan. Read the names of Satan to find more of his names.

Lucifer

Lucifer was created by God as a perfect angel. He was called Lucifer while he lived in heaven. After he sinned and persistently refused to repent he was thrown out of heaven. When Lucifer was cast out of heaven he lost his name Lucifer and he became known as Satan. The history of Satan tells his story.

Satan and the Devil

Satan is the name that is used for Lucifer after he was thrown out of heaven. He is also called the devil. Satan is now a sinful, fallen angel. He has lived on this earth for about 6,000 years. But Satan has lived in the spirit world and most of the time he has not been visible to people on earth. Very soon the devil will leave the spirit world and will appear on earth in a visible form. Then he will be called the beast.

The Beast

The beast is the name that the Bible gives to Satan when he comes to earth visibly and claims to be God. Satan will appear on earth as a glorious, visible being. He will have the appearance of God. He will require the whole world to worship him as their god.

To learn more about the beast read who is the beast?

-Source

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hades wins as he isn't vulnerable the way Lucifer is, though it's a close battle. Hades has the power to banish/incapacitate him either by simply denying him or taking the battle to the Underworld where he holds a large amount of power over him.

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: aren't angels completely immune to harm? Anyway Lucifer was able to pull down 1/3 of heaven (the star feat mentioned above) and since heaven is ∞ than lucifer was able to move an infinite mass while being cast out, potentially weakened. He is multipresent can appear everywhere on earth simultaneously, can shape shift, can manipulate events on earth, has planetary level teleportation, some time manipulation, reality warping and can read and manipulate souls. This is all while being held back by God.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: Hades can ignore Lucifer and he'll lose power, that's what I meant by vulnerable. In the Underworld Hades is all powerful, he'd have complete control over him, he'd be able to give him whatever punishment, he'd be able to manipulate his soul in any way, he could use the souls he already has to overwhelm him. Hades can also use his true Olympian form and kill Lucifer. As Death is older than Lucifer, Lucifer can die, yet Death is a minion of Hades and Hades cannot die.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat said:

@americanspeeddemon: Hades can ignore Lucifer and he'll lose power, that's what I meant by vulnerable.

What do you mean by this Lucifer has used his powers since the beginning of time without weakening and has used them against people who haven't sinned like the angel Michael.

In the Underworld Hades is all powerful, he'd have complete control over him, he'd be able to give him whatever punishment, he'd be able to manipulate his soul in any way, he could use the souls he already has to overwhelm him.

Proof? Mortals have escaped hell so i don't see why Lucifer couldn't. Also he has been able to teleport to and fro other dimensions.

Hades can also use his true Olympian form and kill Lucifer.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a thing outside of Percy Jackson

As Death is older than Lucifer, Lucifer can die,

Firstly in the bible it is never mentioned that death is older than Lucifer, they were probably created during the creation of heaven making them the same age, Death may have even been created when god created life (plants) making him younger than Lucifer. Also angels never die in the bible assuming they can when death only affects physical beings is reaching unless you have something i don't. Death has never been described as killing anything but humans even when demons are afraid of Jesus they say don't destroy us not don't kill us implying he would wipe them out of existence. Even when death is let loose in revelation he only kills humans.

yet Death is a minion of Hades and Hades cannot die.

While they are both immortal Hades can be injured as Ares was during the Trojan, they can also be left in a state of physical death like ouranus was or even cut into pieces like Kronos.

Avatar image for super_saiyan_devil
Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Hades is a more interesting person, I think Lucifer may be more powerful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: That's a vulnerability mentioned in the bible (but that's if Lucifer and Satan are the same person).

Mortals like Orpheus escaped Hades with permission from Hades, and Sisyphus had permission as well since he wasn't given the fare for the ferryman/wasn't properly buried, what other mortals have escaped without Hades's knowledge/permission? Even Olympians don't leave without his permission.

It is a thing, Zeus killed Dionysus's mother this way.

Death can take Lucifer as God fated it, and I see that Death may be the same age as Lucifer. Angels can die, Death took many of them in the War. Some were depowered then killed, others were killed on the spot.

Hades is leagues more powerful than Ares, honestly Ares is probably the weakest Olympian and even then he was injured by Diomedes who did it with weapons from Hephaestus and was deified.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat said:

@americanspeeddemon: That's a vulnerability mentioned in the bible (but that's if Lucifer and Satan are the same person).

Where? Also either way the feat of using his powers since the beginning of time has been attributed to Satan.

Mortals like Orpheus escaped Hades with permission from Hades, and Sisyphus had permission as well since he wasn't given the fare for the ferryman/wasn't properly buried, what other mortals have escaped without Hades's knowledge/permission? Even Olympians don't leave without his permission.

Hercules escaped though also with permission. Orpheus could have escaped even without Hades permission. Odysseus summoned ghost from the underworld.

It is a thing, Zeus killed Dionysus's mother this way.

I actually did find this, but killing a mortal does not prove it could kill an immortal.

Death can take Lucifer as God fated it, and I see that Death may be the same age as Lucifer. Angels can die, Death took many of them in the War. Some were depowered then killed, others were killed on the spot.

Where is this? Also isn't the devil thrown into the lake of fire for eternal punishment showing Angels again can't die.

Hades is leagues more powerful than Ares, honestly Ares is probably the weakest Olympian and even then he was injured by Diomedes who did it with weapons from Hephaestus and was deified.

Aphrodite was injured by a spear once if i remember correctly and the fates predicted human would eventually overthrow the gods.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: I don't want to look for where it says that, I'm lazy.

Orpheus could not have escaped without permission what told you that? Odysseus summoned ghosts not living beings.

It would affect those who can die and Lucifer can die, he's fated to. The Devil being thrown into the lake of fire for eternal punishment could mean that either he's durable enough for fire to hurt but not kill him or he's dead already and his soul is being tortured.

Aphrodite was injured by a spear from Diomedes and made by Hephaestus, and he's way stronger than her too.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat said:

Orpheus could not have escaped without permission what told you that? Odysseus summoned ghosts not living beings.

Your right my mistake can I see feats of it holding Olympians. I know about persephone but as far as I know she can't teleport. Also Satan can teleport between dimensions I don't see why he can't just leave.

It would affect those who can die and Lucifer can die, he's fated to. The Devil being thrown into the lake of fire for eternal punishment could mean that either he's durable enough for fire to hurt but not kill him or he's dead already and his soul is being tortured.

Well it's sulfur but any way the devil is a soul or spiritual being he doesn't have a body and only creatures with physical bodies are capable of death in christian mythology.

Yeah I was just saying the list goes on, Oranos was castrated, Hephaestus was crippled by a fall from olmypus, prometheus has his liver eaten by a bird daily.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: Satan's feats cannot be attributed to Lucifer as they are separate beings, they aren't the same. Lucifer the light bearer had a physical body. He is capable of death as he and Satan were defeated by Michael and are fated to die.

Oranos was a primordial, the sky, and he's weaker than the titan that castrated him, who are weaker than the Olympian gods. Hephaestus was said to be crippled/lame as he was born, not by the fall. Prometheus was a titan punished by Hades.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ShootingNova
@acrokat said:

Oranos was a primordial, the sky, and he's weaker than the titans that castrated him, who are weaker than the Olympian gods.

That's not true at all. Ouranos was only weaker than Kronos, and only after the latter inherited the throne (since nothing is implied about Kronos' superiority beforehand). The Titans' castration is irrelevant since the other four only held Ouranos down, and Kronos was using a weapon made by Gaia to castrate Ouranos.

Zeus punished Prometheus by the way, not Hades.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat said:

Satan's feats cannot be attributed to Lucifer as they are separate beings, they aren't the same.

Since we are using Christianity it is generally assumed by Christians that Satan and Lucifer are the same. Lucifer is a word mentioned 3 times in the bible twice as an attribute to Jesus. And once ambiguously as the name for the leader of the fallen angels (or again as an adjective for an earthly king) which is assumed to be Satan.

Lucifer the light bearer had a physical body. He is capable of death as he and Satan were defeated by Michael and are fated to die.

No angel have bodies though they can take human form. Also Michael only the beast (satan) and Micheal did win though he was backed by God. Also they don't die that's an assumption.

Oranos was a primordial, the sky, and he's weaker than the titans that castrated him, who are weaker than the Olympian gods. Hephaestus was said to be crippled/lame as he was born, not by the fall. Prometheus was a titan punished by Hades.

Titans aren't necessarily weaker than gods or else it wouldn't have taken 3 of them to beat kronos and they would have been able to win the war without help. Also Aphrodite was a titan by birth and she is a mid tier olympian.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Meant titan*

And I read Hades was the one who gave the punishment.

Avatar image for greatkirbysghost
GreatKirbysGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Lucifer, who is second to the God of Abraham and Isaac, who in turn has always been treated in the respective stories as much, much more powerful than Hades ever was, save some merely possible, unknown prehistory for Hades as a primary patron of one people or another before he joined the Greek pantheon.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat:

1. Again, he wasn't necessarily weaker than any of them. Kronos did not surpass his father until the emasculation/ascension to the throne.

2. Hades had nothing to do with the myth. It's about Zeus getting revenge for Prometheus' betrayal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: It took 6 Olympians, 3 Cyclopes, and 3 Hecatoncaries to battle 12 (probably more) Titans, since Apollo was able to kill those 3 Cyclopes with no trouble at all it shows that if those 6 were in the battle and contributed, the current Olympians would have taken the fight with ease, and Apollo while he is one the strongest he was still much weaker than Hades.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Alright, I didn't know that, but considering Hades is on par with Zeus in terms of power then it's safe to say that Prometheus being punished by him doesn't speak for the durability of Olympians?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: No, Zeus is much more powerful than Hades, especially when you account for their weapons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Hades's helm doesn't just turn people invisible, it also shows people their worst fears and destroys the mind if Hades chooses to make it do that.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Going with Hades based on feats with his part in overthrowing the Titans.

Also, because the biblical Lucifer is actually a very obscure character that only appears a hand full of times and actually makes a very late debut compared to other angels. What Lucifer has going for him, however, is the centuries old tradition of scholars to make him also be other characters from the bible even if they are never mentioned to be connected other than opponents of God. Which is where we are today, where pop-culture has made Lucifer (thanks to Milton's Paradise Lost more than any) into the Adversary, the Ruler of Hell and the chief monster of all people of good faith.