#1 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the greatest warrior of all time? Myth Achilles and Myth Siegfried meet to settle the argument once and for all. Battle takes place in an endless valley, no outside interference.

...by the way, if you haven't read Alex Alice's Siegfried, I recommend you do, it's pretty awesome.

Achilles

vs

#2 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on people!

#3 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles.

#4 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Achilles.

howcome?

#5 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Achilles.

I think Achilles would take this fight. This is very little (essentially nothing) that Siegfried could do to harm him, because I doubt he is going to know about the heel.

#6 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Xanni15 said:

Achilles.

I think Achilles would take this fight. This is very little (essentially nothing) that Siegfried could do to harm him, because I doubt he is going to know about the heel.

yeah but Siegfried's got the same deal (weak point is some part of his back)...so it kinda events out I think

#7 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Xanni15 said:

Achilles.

howcome?

Achilles is an absolute monster as a fighter, he fought gods, obliterated every single person he fought, has only one weakness, is watched over by the gods, etc.

#8 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Xanni15 said:

Achilles.

yeah but Siegfried's got the same deal (weak point is some part of his back)...so it kinda events out I think

True. But Its a larger and more open target. Over the course of a battle, it is much more likely that his back will be hit versus Achilles' heel being hit.

#9 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Xanni15 said:

Achilles.

True. But Its a larger and more open target. Over the course of a battle, it is much more likely that his back will be hit versus Achilles' heel being hit.

hrm, you do have a point there

#10 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles. Even Deathstroke and his son think he's da best.

#11 Posted by Wolfrazer (6108 posts) - - Show Bio
@ChaosBlazer:  Notice he said "The greatest warrior of all time." He didn't say of his time, but of ALL time. Complete win!
#12 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer:

To be fair he said arguably.

#13 Posted by Wolfrazer (6108 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15:  Even so.
#14 Posted by Joygirl (18785 posts) - - Show Bio

Beowulf wins.

#15 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles wins.

#16 Posted by niBBit (718 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles wins. It took divine intervention to stop him.

#17 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Beowulf wins.

I can't remember but did Beowulf have invulnerable skin?

#18 Posted by Joygirl (18785 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. He was just a badass who killed giant sea serpents while he had been in the ocean swimming for days. Also giants and dragons and monsters and stuff. He rips Achilles's foot off and shoves his sword into the stump of his leg.

#19 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

bump!

#20 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Xanni15 said:

Achilles.

howcome?

Achilles is an absolute monster as a fighter, he fought gods, obliterated every single person he fought, has only one weakness, is watched over by the gods, etc.

Siegfried is pretty much the exact same character as Achilles, but from Norse/Teutonic mythology rather then Greek/Roman.

And Hector was a superior warrior to Achilles and only lost his duel with him due to being unaware of Achilles's super-power.

As for Siegfried vs Achilles, it would basically last forever, until eventually one of them got lucky and managed to hit the other in the exact spot that they were vulnerable. Due to the fact that Siegfried's weak spot is in an area that is more likely to get hit, it's more likely that Achilles finds Siegfried's week spot before Siegfried finds his.

@Joygirl said:

Nope. He was just a badass who killed giant sea serpents while he had been in the ocean swimming for days. Also giants and dragons and monsters and stuff. He rips Achilles's foot off and shoves his sword into the stump of his leg.

I agree. Beowulf has more badass feats then either of them, and without the clutch super-power the other two have.

#21 Posted by PowerHerc (81700 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles wins because his durability is much greater than that of Siegfried.

#22 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

And Hector was a superior warrior to Achilles and only lost his duel with him due to being unaware of Achilles's super-power.

What makes you say that?

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (15675 posts) - - Show Bio

So Siegfired has Fafnir's blood? Its more likely Achilles will hit Siegfried's weak spot before vice versa happens, but Siegfried is much wiser and has a very powerful blade, Balmung/Gram will certainly kill Achilles once it hits his weak spot.

#24 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

So Siegfired has Fafnir's blood? Its more likely Achilles will hit Siegfried's weak spot before vice versa happens, but Siegfried is much wiser and has a very powerful blade, Balmung/Gram will certainly kill Achilles once it hits his weak spot.

I don't remember if Siegfried wore armor as well...or was he runnin around butt naked?

#25 Posted by Wolfrazer (6108 posts) - - Show Bio

One does not simply kill Achilles..

#26 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: is seigfied the guy who killed a dragon and bathed it its blood and got invunablie skin exept for the bit of his back were a leaf fell on it?

#27 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@Jayfournines: is seigfied the guy who killed a dragon and bathed it its blood and got invunablie skin exept for the bit of his back were a leaf fell on it?

that would be him, yes.

@Wolfrazer: But they did kill him...and Siegfried as well. Both had the same schtick, both were bathed in some weird thing which made them invulnerable except for a certain part of their bodies, both were bad ass and angry...except Siegfried could talk to birds like Aquaman talks to the fished.

#28 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout said:

Achilles wins.

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (15675 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Yes.

@Jayfournines: No, not really, he didn't really use armour.

#30 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

dont know much about siegfried but i think achillies wins since he's invincible, unless siegfried knows his weakness he isn't winning against him

#31 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

dont know much about siegfried but i think achillies wins since he's invincible, unless siegfried knows his weakness he isn't winning against him

same deal, Siegfried has the same invlunerable skin and the same "you can only hit me in one spot" thing

#32 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@justleader said:

same deal, Siegfried has the same invlunerable skin and the same "you can only hit me in one spot" thing

then it's a stalemate........