Myth War: Poseidon vs Susanoo vs Tezcatlipoca vs Loki

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jayfournines

The new edition of Myth War is here thanks in part to who gave me the idea to continue with these type of battles.

We will call this fight the ' Brothers' Edition, since all of the combatants are actually the siblings of a more powerful and famous deity.

Fight takes place in Ireland, it's a free for all, everyone using their standard gear. Who would take this fight?

Poseidon: God of the Sea
Poseidon: God of the Sea

vs

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided
justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By justleader

I think the win would be to either Tezcatlipoca or Poseidon, but i think Tezcatlipoca wins if we are talking about his most powerful myth, in this myth he is the ruler of the universe, he can turn into the sun at will, and can casually destroy the earth, in his general myth he is powerful since he is god of many things like the sky, the earth, rulership, war, sorcery and a couple of more IIRC.

Poseidon can casually throw islands, is stated to be able to shake and even destroy the universe, participated in the titanomachy, and has many powerful minions like charybdis who daily literally swallows an entire sea and then spits it out, he does that three times daily.

I don't know any good feats for susanoo, loki has some planatery feats but i don't recall him being above that maybe a little but nor on Tezcatlipoca's or Poseidon's level.

Conclusion: If this is the most powerful incarnation of Tezcatlipoca then he wins if not then i think Poseidon will take this.

Who are you reffering to being Tezcatlipoca's more famous and more powerful brother?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jayfournines

@justleader said:

I think the win would be to either Tezcatlipoca or Poseidon, but i think Tezcatlipoca wins if we are talking about his most powerful myth, in this myth he is the ruler of the universe, he can turn into the sun at will, and can casually destroy the earth, in his general myth he is powerful since he is god of many things like the sky, the earth, rulership, war, sorcery and a couple of more IIRC.

Poseidon can casually throw islands, is stated to be able to shake and even destroy the universe, participated in the titanomachy, and has many powerful minions like charybdis who daily literally swallows an entire sea and then spits it out, he does that three times daily.

I don't know any good feats for susanoo, loki has some planatery feats but i don't recall him being above that maybe a little but nor on Tezcatlipoca's or Poseidon's level.

Conclusion: If this is the most powerful incarnation of Tezcatlipoca then he wins if not then i think Poseidon will take this.

Who are you reffering to being Tezcatlipoca's more famous and more powerful brother?

That would be Quetzalcoatl...who may or may not be more powerful though =P

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By justleader

@Jayfournines said:

@justleader said:

Yes i don't think he is more powerful than Tezcatipoca since they are either equal or Tezcatipoca is more powerful due to him being the ruler of the universe not Quetzalcoat.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jayfournines

@justleader said:

@Jayfournines said:

@justleader said:

Yes i don't think he is more powerful than Tezcatipoca since they are either equal or Tezcatipoca is more powerful due to him being the ruler of the universe not Quetzalcoat.

...I think it depends on the era...if I am not mistaken Quetzalcoatl, Tezcatlipoca, Tlaloc and Huitzilopochtli have all been rules of the universe ie the sun at one point.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By justleader

@Jayfournines said:

@justleader said:

@Jayfournines said:

@justleader said:

...I think it depends on the era...if I am not mistaken Quetzalcoatl, Tezcatlipoca, Tlaloc and Huitzilopochtli have all been rules of the universe ie the sun at one point.

Yes, each one of them take turn as the ruler of the universe (as the sun, to them sun is the ruler of the universe), the four are the sun of earth, the sun of water, the sun of air, and the sun of fire.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayfournines

bump!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

@Jayfournines: What can Tezcatlipoca and Susanoo do?

Loki can't match Poseidon in terms of power, except if he has prep.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kingkronos

Wasn't Tezcatlipoca the one who created the universe? If that's correct then he wins this followed by Poseidon.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayfournines

@ShootingNova said:

Tezca is the one who (along with Quetzalcoatl) created a huge beast who then they killed and created the universe., Susanoo is the god of storms and seas and brother to Amateratsu who is the sun (I think)

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShootingNova

@Jayfournines said:

@ShootingNova said:

Tezca is the one who (along with Quetzalcoatl) created a huge beast who then they killed and created the universe., Susanoo is the god of storms and seas and brother to Amateratsu who is the sun (I think)

Right. Then he should win. I'm not seeing what Susanoo can do here.....

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida

Poseidon's name literally means "earth-shaker". And he definitely is not going to win.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ferro Vida said:

Poseidon's name literally means "earth-shaker".

TBH, any of these should be able to shake the Earth (dunno about Susanoo).

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ferro Vida

@ShootingNova said:

@Ferro Vida said:

Poseidon's name literally means "earth-shaker".

TBH, any of these should be able to shake the Earth (dunno about Susanoo).

I'm studying Greek Myths right now. That is the literal translation of his name.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ferro Vida: I've been studying Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Chinese, Taoist and Hindu myths. Well, not exactly "studying" them all, but I know a lot about them and I'm still learning.

I don't know much about Aztec myths.

So which is your favourite Greek myth, Hesiod's, Homer's, Atlantean (which is more obscure), Pelasgian or Orphism?

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ferro Vida

@ShootingNova: Wouldn't Atlantean technically be an off-shoot of Homerian? I like different aspects of Hesiod's and Homer's myths. The creation myth is a much better read with Hesiod, but everything that comes after with Homer is entertaining. The problem is that the God's in Homer's myth seem too human to be the father's of humanity. But then, the ones in Hesiod's myth as too perfect. So perfect that there are a lot of contradictions. I'm not familiar with Pelasgian or Orphism.

To be fair, Aztek myths are difficult to study nowadays :P That is a very impressive repertoire you have there.

Kamikage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kamikage

Tez all the way.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShootingNova

@Ferro Vida said:

@ShootingNova: Wouldn't Atlantean technically be an off-shoot of Homerian? I like different aspects of Hesiod's and Homer's myths. The creation myth is a much better read with Hesiod, but everything that comes after with Homer is entertaining. The problem is that the God's in Homer's myth seem too human to be the father's of humanity. But then, the ones in Hesiod's myth as too perfect. So perfect that there are a lot of contradictions. I'm not familiar with Pelasgian or Orphism.

To be fair, Aztek myths are difficult to study nowadays :P That is a very impressive repertoire you have there.

Atlantean has its patron goddess, Athena, at its greatest worship. Similarly, she is more powerful than Zeus in that myth.

Pelasgian is where instead of Gaia and Ouranos emerging, it is Eurynome and Ophion (Eurynome, the female, creates Ophion, the male). So it does have similiarities.

Orphism is very different. Instead of Chaos, Nyx (Night in Hesiod's and Homer's) is the first principle.

Yeah. I'm not particularly interested in it, although sometimes there are exceptions.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kingkronos

@Ferro Vida said:

Poseidon's name literally means "earth-shaker". And he definitely is not going to win.

The meaning of the name doesn't mean much. I agree he's not going to win, but he's still above Loki.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Rumble Man

devils advocate

susanoo

JohnofGalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points