Myth War: Odin vs Zeus vs Quetzalcoatl

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By Rumble Man

@ShootingNova: They are beings of worship that are called 'pagan' by the abrahamic religions

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By ShootingNova

@Rumble Man: Well, I'm not religious. And I don't see many beings worshipping them. Still, this is getting off-topic.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By kingkronos

@Dark King: I felt like I needed to intervene here. So you're saying that the Greek's universe was the size of a solar system, right? And what makes Quetzalcoatl's mythology any different? I mean, you did provide pictures about how the Greek's viewed the universe, but the picture you provided for Quetzalcoatl's world is from Asura's Wrath, that has nothing to do with his mythology.

In Quetzalcoatl's mythology, the universe was created out of a monster, don't come and tell me that their universe is bigger and get pictures from a game that is actually based on another mythology.

And btw, in case you don't know, some Greeks viewed their universe as infinite, others saw it as finite. So your argument is completely irrelevant. The Titans were also embodiments of abstract concepts, like Celestial Axis (that was imaginary), time, memory, love, etc....

If anything I agree that the "regular" Zeus is weak in comparison to other deities like Ra, Brahma, the three Pure Ones, etc...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos said:

@Dark King: I felt like I needed to intervene here. So you're saying that the Greek's universe was the size of a solar system, right? And what makes Quetzalcoatl's mythology any different? I mean, you did provide pictures about how the Greek's viewed the universe, but the picture you provided for Quetzalcoatl's world is from Asura's Wrath, that has nothing to do with his mythology.

In Quetzalcoatl's mythology, the universe was created out of a monster, don't come and tell me that their universe is bigger and get pictures from a game that is actually based on another mythology.

And btw, in case you don't know, some Greeks viewed their universe as infinite, others saw it as finite. So your argument is completely irrelevant. The Titans were also embodiments of abstract concepts, like Celestial Axis (that was imaginary), time, memory, love, etc....

If anything I agree that the "regular" Zeus is weak in comparison to other deities like Ra, Brahma, the three Pure Ones, etc...

What are you referring to by "regular Zeus"?

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos said:

What are you referring to by "regular Zeus"?

Hesiod's version.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: Yet Hesiod's Zeus can still destroy a universe. I want to see Quetzalcoatl do that.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: Yet Hesiod's Zeus can still destroy a universe. I want to see Quetzalcoatl do that.

I know, but I mean, he's still weak compared to the Supreme deities like Brahma, Atum-Ra, etc..

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: Yep.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#109  Edited By Rumble Man

@ShootingNova: my vote is still similar, just want to convo

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ShootingNova

@Rumble Man: Sure.

RetardRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By RetardRobot

if this is myth and not marvel

zeus takes a giant σκατά on them

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By Deranged Midget

The OP is a little vague on the specifications of which version of Zeus this is. It would make a large difference.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ShootingNova

@Deranged Midget said:

The OP is a little vague on the specifications of which version of Zeus this is. It would make a large difference.

He said the "most common one". But that depends on where you are and where you are learning from.

Hesiod's Zeus can destroy a universe, here's the quote:

And now his thunder bolts would Jove [Zeus] wide scatter, but he feared the flames, unnumbered, sacred ether might ignite and burn the axle of the universe: and he remembered in the scroll of fate, there is a time appointed when the sea and earth and Heavens shall melt, and fire destroy the universe of mighty labour wrought. Such weapons by the skill of Cyclops forged, for different punishment he laid aside--for straightway he preferred to overwhelm the mortal race beneath deep waves and storms from every raining sky.

-- Taken from http://www.theoi.com/Heros/Deukalion.html

Homer's Zeus can defeat Gaia (the Earth) and Typhon (a hundred-headed monster with unnumbered hands with serpent fingers which reached out and grabbed the East and West, whose head(s) brushed the stars, whose roar shook the heavens and was the off-spring of Gaia and Tartarus, Earth and Hell respectively) simultaneously. Furthermore, Quetzalacoatl battling with another was only enough to damage and widely affect the Earth, but not actually defeat it. Homer's Zeus can also defeat all the other Olympians combined.

Pelasgian Zeus blinkstomps.

Orphic Zeus...... let's just not get into that, okay? Because truthfully, Orphic Zeus soloes Marvel, DC, Image, Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, LOTR, Harry Potter and virtually all other fiction verses simultaneously.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ShootingNova: Yeah the most common statement doesn't really help.

I fail to see how either Odin or Quetz would stand a chance against Homer's or Orphic Zeus. Hesiod's is debatable.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ShootingNova

@Deranged Midget: Yes, they also don't stand a chance against Pelasgian (even more powerful than Homer's).

Why is Hesiod's so debatable? I mean, it's possible, but unlikely from what I've seen. Unless I see some universe-destroying feats.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ShootingNova: It's not so debatable, just that he's less... absolute in a sense in comparison to Homer and Orphic.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#117  Edited By PowerHerc

Zeus reigns supreme!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ShootingNova

@Deranged Midget: Yep.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By ShootingNova

@Deranged Midget said:

@ShootingNova: It's not so debatable, just that he's less... absolute in a sense in comparison to Homer and Orphic.

Actually, Homer's Zeus is not absolute either. The only one who is truly absolute is Orphic. Homer's Zeus fears Nyx, who would have turned on him with a maternal fury had he turned his wrath on her son, Hypnos (Sleep). Although Hypnos was bugging him, and every time he got threatened, he fled to his mother, Nyx. And then Zeus was forced to hold his wrath at bay.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova: Also don't forget Homer's Zeus incredible strength. Homer stated that he is able to overpower the earth, sky, and all gods. And all of them combined won't be able to pull him.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos said:

@ShootingNova: Also don't forget Homer's Zeus incredible strength. Homer stated that he is able to overpower the earth, sky, and all gods. And all of them combined won't be able to pull him.

And what is physical strength going to do or mean to these gods? He can overpower them with strength, then what? I know he can defeat all the other Olympians together, and overpowering Gaia and Ouranos is not too impressive.....

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova: Why doesn't it matter? Strength can be very useful. Overpowering Gaia and Ouranos is impressive.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: Because even if Zeus overpowers them with physical strength, what is he going to do then?

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: Because even if Zeus overpowers them with physical strength, what is he going to do then?

Well non immortal gods can be killed. Zeus can just toss the earth or the sky on Odin.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#125  Edited By turoksonofstone

Feathered Serpent Pwns.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos said:

@ShootingNova said:

Well non immortal gods can be killed. Zeus can just toss the earth or the sky on Odin.

Odin created the Earth and Sky.......

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos said:

@ShootingNova said:

Odin and his brothers did that.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#128  Edited By Pyrogram

@mightyzeus said:

zeus he is like God in greek mythology especially when he took down his father kronos and he also defeated the monster god typhon who was so powerful that even gods ran from him

he is the god of gods..

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Pyrogram

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos said:

@ShootingNova said:

Zeus apparently created it as-well. Zeus's dad ate all his sisters and bro's

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By kingkronos

@Pyrogram said:

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos said:

@ShootingNova said:

Zeus never created Earth or sky. Gaia is the earth and she was self-created, emerged from the nothingness (Chaos) prior to creation. Gaia was the one who created the sky (Ouranos). Odin with his 2 other brothers created the sky and earth.

Ymir was a frost-giant, but not a god, and eventually he turned to evil. After a struggle between the giant and the young gods, Bor's three sons killed Ymir. So much blood flowed from his wounds that all the frost-giants were drowned but one, who survived only by builiding an ark for himself and his familly. Bor's sons dragged Ymir's immense body to the center of Ginnungagap, and from him they made the earth. Ymir's blood became the sea, his bones became the rocks and crags, and his hair became the trees. Bor's sons took Ymir's skull and with it made the sky. In it they fixed sparks and molten slag from Muspell to make the stars, and other sparks they set to move in paths just below the sky. They threw Ymir's brains into the sky and made the clouds. The earth is a disk, and they set up Ymir's eyelashes to keep the giants at the edges of that disk.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Pyrogram

@kingkronos said:

@Pyrogram said:

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos said:

@ShootingNova said:

Zeus never created Earth or sky. Gaia is the earth and she was self-created, emerged from the nothingness (Chaos) prior to creation. Gaia was the one who created the sky (Ouranos). Odin with his 2 other brothers created the sky and earth.

Ymir was a frost-giant, but not a god, and eventually he turned to evil. After a struggle between the giant and the young gods, Bor's three sons killed Ymir. So much blood flowed from his wounds that all the frost-giants were drowned but one, who survived only by builiding an ark for himself and his familly. Bor's sons dragged Ymir's immense body to the center of Ginnungagap, and from him they made the earth. Ymir's blood became the sea, his bones became the rocks and crags, and his hair became the trees. Bor's sons took Ymir's skull and with it made the sky. In it they fixed sparks and molten slag from Muspell to make the stars, and other sparks they set to move in paths just below the sky. They threw Ymir's brains into the sky and made the clouds. The earth is a disk, and they set up Ymir's eyelashes to keep the giants at the edges of that disk.

Ow ok. But zeus is more powerful still. also means nothing, Even if odin created the earth zeus can throw it on him, If I create a dagger you can stab me with it.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By kingkronos

@Pyrogram: Well the Hesiod version of Zeus is on pars with Odin. In Hesiod-ism Zeus has shown to be able to destroy the universe, his true "form" can incinerate any non-god being. Odin on the other hand, does not have that kind of firepower, although he's much faster, (Odin is faster than Thor who can move at the speed of light).

Homer's version of Zeus absolutely destroys Odin. Since Zeus is able to pull all the gods, earth, and sky combined, with pure strength alone. He is stated to be more powerful than all the Olympians combined. And is the master of the three fates. Odin on the other hand is subject to fate (The norns of Norse mythology are gods of destiny and fate, and they are more powerful than the gods) Zeus is the master of the three sisters of fate, and therefore can destroy Odin any second.

Let's not get into the Orphic version, because that's a completely another level of Zeus.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Pyrogram

@kingkronos said:

@Pyrogram: Well the Hesiod version of Zeus is on pars with Odin. In Hesiod-ism Zeus has shown to be able to destroy the universe, his true "form" can incinerate any non-god being. Odin on the other hand, does not have that kind of firepower, although he's much faster, (Odin is faster than Thor who can move at the speed of light).

Homer's version of Zeus absolutely destroys Odin. Since Zeus is able to pull all the gods, earth, and sky combined, with pure strength alone. He is stated to be more powerful than all the Olympians combined. And is the master of the three fates. Odin on the other hand is subject to fate (The norns of Norse mythology are gods of destiny and fate, and they are more powerful than the gods) Zeus is the master of the three sisters of fate, and therefore can destroy Odin any second.

Let's not get into the Orphic version, because that's a completely another level of Zeus.

lol. So yer, zeus wins? Go greeks :D

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By kingkronos

@Pyrogram said:

@kingkronos said:

Yes.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By ShootingNova

@Pyrogram said:

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos said:

@ShootingNova said:

No, he didn't. Gaia (the Earth, Roman Equivalent Terra) was the first to emerge from Chaos, the great Void of Space (as of Hesiod's theogony). In others, Nyx (Night, Nox in Latin/Roman), Tartarus (Hell, also referred to as Tartarus in Roman Mythology) and Erebus (Darkness). Gaia (out of Parthenogensis) gives birth to Uranus/Ouranos/Oranos (Heavens/Sky, Roman Equivalent Caelus), and Pontus (the Seas, only in Hesiod's).

@kingkronos said:

@Pyrogram said:

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos said:

@ShootingNova said:

I can tell you quoted that, partly at least. Bor's three sons are called Odin, Vile and Ve. As for the eyelashes, yes, it keeps giants away, but it is held by dwarves at each corner (the heavens, rather, were held by four dwarves, one at each corner). So that does show the Dwarves being incredibly powerful physically. Ymir is sometimes considered a god, despite being the Primordial Frost Giant/Frost Jotnar, and also, he never turned evil, although he is attested to have been evil originally.

@kingkronos said:

I don't know if Odin is on-par with Hesiod's Zeus. Hesiod's Zeus can destroy the universe, but I don't know how Odin can keep up with that. However, Odin moves beyond time so yes, Zeus is still bound by time despite having partial power over it.

You've also forgotten Pelasgian Zeus, who also destroys Odin with a thought.

@Pyrogram said:

Definitely.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova: By powerscaling Odin should be able to do the same. Bear in mind that Thor can shake the universe, Odin is much more powerful. And there's the issue of speed. Odin is much faster than Zeus. So, I think he stands a good chance.

I didn't bring up Orphic and Pelasgian Zeus for obvious reasons.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: Thor shook what held the universe together, hence he shook the universe overall, but more or less he did it indirectly. Odin is beyond time, so there is no category of "speed" to him. If it's killable gods, then Odin one-shots.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova: So the Thor thing doesn't count or what?

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By justleader

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: Thor shook what held the universe together, hence he shook the universe overall, but more or less he did it indirectly. Odin is beyond time, so there is no category of "speed" to him. If it's killable gods, then Odin one-shots.

Zeus is also beyond time since the battle between him and typhon destroyed the universe and then phusis recreated it.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: Hopefully you understood it in the first place......

@justleader: I know that. But Zeus wasn't born before time, he just has control over time.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By justleader

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: Hopefully you understood it in the first place......

@justleader: I know that. But Zeus wasn't born before time, he just has control over time.

Doesn't mean that he isn't beyond it, his battle with typhon destroyed the universe (space and time) and he still lived........

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By ShootingNova

@justleader: Sources do indicate that the universe was only nearly destroyed. But Zeus can destroy a universe as well, so yeah.

But Zeus manipulates space and time to do so. But even if you control time, you aren't faster than someone who is beyond time. Meaning time doesn't affect them. That's Odin.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By justleader

@ShootingNova said:

@justleader: Sources do indicate that the universe was only nearly destroyed. But Zeus can destroy a universe as well, so yeah.

But Zeus manipulates space and time to do so. But even if you control time, you aren't faster than someone who is beyond time. Meaning time doesn't affect them. That's Odin.

no, it actually was destroyed since it is stated that phusis then recreated the universe.

Zeus can be unaffected by time

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By ShootingNova

@justleader: Actually, when something is like, 95% destroyed, it's simply considered as destroyed. Phusis could have very well created that 95% again. Or something different.

And you are going to have to prove Hesiod's can. The only thing he can do is manipulate time to a universal extent, but he is not beyond time, because he father (Kronos) was time.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By justleader

@ShootingNova said:

@justleader: Actually, when something is like, 95% destroyed, it's simply considered as destroyed. Phusis could have very well created that 95% again. Or something different.

And you are going to have to prove Hesiod's can. The only thing he can do is manipulate time to a universal extent, but he is not beyond time, because he father (Kronos) was time.

No it is stated that phusis recreated the universe not 95% of it.

He still was when there was no time so........

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ShootingNova

@justleader: You've just ignored what I said, didn't you? They don't state if it's 95%. They just round if off. But it still considered as destroying the universe, either.

What? Time exists outside of one universe, you do know that, right?

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By justleader

@ShootingNova said:

@justleader:

What? Time exists outside of one universe, you do know that, right?

Not in greek mythology, in greek mythology there is one universe and time and space exist only in this universe, everything beyond that will become outside time and space.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By ShootingNova

@justleader: In Greek mythology, some of them viewed the universe as finite. If that was the case, then there would be more space-time.

But this is so off-topic. You still haven't proven to me that Zeus existed before Kronos.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By justleader

@ShootingNova said:

@justleader: In Greek mythology, some of them viewed the universe as finite. If that was the case, then there would be more space-time.

But this is so off-topic. You still haven't proven to me that Zeus existed before Kronos.

LOL it doesn't matter that some viewed the universe as finite, in the scriptures it is written as the infinite universe.

You don't have to exist before time to be beyond time.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ShootingNova

@justleader: Umm... scriptures (different ones) have viewed it as both finite and infinite.

I know that, but all that makes him his a time-warper. Not a beyonder (not the character LOL).