Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By sa5m

Mystique

No Caption Provided

VS

Batman

No Caption Provided
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Pre Flashpoint Batman
  • Standard equipment
  • In character
  • No prep
  • Who wins and why?
  • Please use logic and reasoning
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By EpitomeofCool

mystique, easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Mystique beating Bruce easily?

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By kiss_lamia

Mystique, terrorsist genius intellect also hershapeshifting gives her a subterfuge and blending advantage, concealed weaponry, chemical weapons, altered shape shifting body modifications that allow flight and deadly appendages, trained assassin, ect....

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Probably Batman. Mystique's shape shifting could help her here depending on what equipmment Bruce brings to the battle. He'd had a hard time trapping or tying her up ( i.e. - bolos) as she can escape thoem, and could probably protect herself from inhaling gases that could KO her. She also has the enhanced durability to take some serious punishment and the enhanced strength to dish out some damage.

However, unless she is getting some guns as part of her standard equipment (which is far from a guaranteed win for her), or if she shaped her appendages into weapons, she still has to be in melee range, and I think that would be her undoing here. She is a good and capable h2h fighter but doesn't have any showings that put at his level of skill in h2h. I think it would take some effort for him to KO her since she is impressively durable, but I think he would eventually knock her out.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By RainEffect

Anyone else think Mystique has the most retarded looking nose in that picture?

Or is that how she looks normally? 

Oh he went there!

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@kiss_lamia
exactly.  
...that & shes physically superior to batman, shes a skilled martial artist and is excellent in armed combat and she will be killing him, he wont kill her.
KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By KainScion

@kiss_lamia said:

Mystique, terrorsist genius intellect also hershapeshifting gives her a subterfuge and blending advantage, concealed weaponry, chemical weapons, altered shape shifting body modifications that allow flight and deadly appendages, trained assassin, ect....

nailed it in F***in head!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@EpitomeofCool said:

@kiss_lamia:

exactly.

...that & shes physically superior to batman, shes a skilled martial artist and is excellent in armed combat and she will be killing him, he wont kill her.

I agree with you on the 1st part of your post, but Raven has no h2h feats that supports her being a skilled martial artist. I have her solo series and most of her appearances in X-Men and X-Factor. She is a capable and cunning h2h fighter but nothing that puts her above low mid-tier. With a gun I think she may have a shot at a win ( pardon the pun :-) )....but Bruce is leagues beyond her in h2h.

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By grimlock

@kiss_lamia said:

Amen!

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@THUNDERBOLT30
bats is the better h2h, but mystique is way to durable for him..& faster/stronger..
bornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bornstar

@EpitomeofCool said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: bats is the better h2h, but mystique is way to durable for him..& faster/stronger..

i think so too

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@EpitomeofCool: I agree. Raven's enhanced durability is impressive, and I think she can tank a lot of the punishment Bruce can dishout but I don't think her physical advantages will be enough to beat Batman.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@THUNDERBOLT30
How will bats beat her?  all he has on her is h2h which he my not even get to use.. mystique can camouflage herself to near invisibility and shoot him. if she dosnt have guns she can make her own weapons..she can withstand explosions and falling off buildings and then get right back up to fight. she can cling to surfaces, supermorph, and shift her vital organs, she can rip through steal doors and helicopter w/ her bare hands, she outclasses him here....
Rainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rainy

Wait Captain America can beat batman because he's stronger and faster yet raven who's stronger and faster can't beat batman?

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Rainy said:
Wait Captain America can beat batman because he's stronger and faster yet raven who's stronger and faster can't beat batman?
You're forgetting about the skill difference. Captain America is physically superior to Batman, and very nearly as skilled as he is. That's why he has a chance at beating him. Mystique is physically superior to Batman, but she doesn't have even a fraction of his fighting skill.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@EpitomeofCool: Batman fight's opponents who are physically superior to him on a regular basis and beats them. Granted Mystique's cunning and physical advantages, I don't think her enhanced physicality is of such a degree that he can't KO her, but I think it will take some effort. They start 30 ft away. How is going into a mode of camouflage going to give her a shot an ambush if she is in clear sight? I have seen her making edged and blunt weapons with her appendages but she has to be close to hit him, and I think he will land a lot more hits on her than she will on him due to the significant difference in h2h skill level, and I don't think she has the strength to one-shot him.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By acer51

Asuming Raven has pistols Batmans not a bullet timer and has a result will give her a considerable advantage.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By entropy_aegis

Batman.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Saren
@_slim_ said:
Batman.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By whacknasty

I'm still leaning towards Batman as well, though the points raised for Mystique are valid ones.

A question about her shape shifting... It sounds like she is almost a Plastic Man lite from what you guys are saying, but I've never seen her do much beyond copying physiology and powers. How does she compare to Plas? Or Clayface for that matter?

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By eatmore_payless
@EpitomeofCool said:
@THUNDERBOLT30:  How will bats beat her?  all he has on her is h2h which he my not even get to use.. mystique can camouflage herself to near invisibility and shoot him. if she dosnt have guns she can make her own weapons..she can withstand explosions and falling off buildings and then get right back up to fight. she can cling to surfaces, supermorph, and shift her vital organs, she can rip through steal doors and helicopter w/ her bare hands, she outclasses him here....
Lol bats can do all of those silly mediocre things,
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By TifaLockhart

I know you guys don't like crossovers, but Batman's detective skills can be pretty extreme like against Terminus, and he's dealt with Predators successfully before. As far as Captain America, he's not only far stronger, durable, and faster than Batman but he's a better fighter and never gets tired.

Also, if all it took was a gun to kill Batman he'd have died a long time ago. He may not be faster than the bullet but he only has to be faster than the shooter can aim, and unless it hits him in the mouth it'll hit bodyarmor.

As far as h2h, c'mon, it's Batman we're talking about.

That said, I do not know enough about Mystique to say who would win.

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By eatmore_payless
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

I know you guys don't like crossovers, but Batman's detective skills can be pretty extreme like against Terminus, and he's dealt with Predators successfully before. As far as Captain America, he's not only far stronger, durable, and faster than Batman but he's a better fighter and never gets tired.

Also, if all it took was a gun to kill Batman he'd have died a long time ago. He may not be faster than the bullet but he only has to be faster than the shooter can aim, and unless it hits him in the mouth it'll hit bodyarmor.

CORRECT.

Batman is not just a great h2h fighter but he also have some great senses and reaction time, with his years of training all the known martial arts of this world, his senses and reaction time were trained as well, he can snatch a gun on a someone before they could even pull the trigger, and he fought bane who is far more superior than Mystique in any aspects, (dont tell me that im wrong with.) and manages to survive somehow.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TifaLockhart

I thought it was only 127 styles? Still impressive.

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By eatmore_payless
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: all those 127 styles mix them together, equals all known martial on the earth, and also deadly as hell
Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Void_Paladin

Leaning toward Batman. If it were only h2h it'd be a different story, but with standard equipment Bruce has had worse match ups and usually came out on top.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@THUNDERBOLT30

How is going into a mode of camouflage going to give her a shot an ambush if she is in clear sight?

No Caption Provided
beacuse her camouflage is that good, and their in an office so im asumming theres desks/cubicles around..

@eatmore_payless said:
@EpitomeofCool said:
@THUNDERBOLT30:  How will bats beat her?  all he has on her is h2h which he my not even get to use.. mystique can camouflage herself to near invisibility and shoot him. if she dosnt have guns she can make her own weapons..she can withstand explosions and falling off buildings and then get right back up to fight. she can cling to surfaces, supermorph, and shift her vital organs, she can rip through steal doors and helicopter w/ her bare hands, she outclasses him here....
Lol bats can do all of those silly mediocre things,
>_> show me batman supermorphing and shifting his vital organs around. I would love to see your shapshifting scans of him.....

@whacknasty said:

I'm still leaning towards Batman as well, though the points raised for Mystique are valid ones.

A question about her shape shifting... It sounds like she is almost a Plastic Man lite from what you guys are saying, but I've never seen her do much beyond copying physiology and powers. How does she compare to Plas? Or Clayface for that matter?

shes not as good as them but she is better than just copying ppls physiology...and she cant copy their actual powers...
1) compresses her self flat /takes explosion, gets right back up after
2) dogges missile/takes explosion
3/4) super strength, ripping apart helicopter w/ bare hands, smashing thru w/ head
5/6) speed, dogging gun fire/ mermaid
7/8) supermorphing
9) oh ya she can fly, bfr in an option to...

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TifaLockhart

Impressive. I'm inclined to say Mystique wins on higher physical stats. But it begs the question: how does Batman beat Clayface?

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By whacknasty

@EpitomeofCool: Whoa!! Thanks for the reply, good Sir! She is a LOT more versatile than I'd ever seen.

If she does all of this normally in combat, Bruce will not pull this one out without prep. : / The times I've seen him defeat Clayface usually hinged on plot to some degree...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By entropy_aegis

@EpitomeofCool:

Shifting vital signs is'nt a big deal,Tim Drake has done something like that and he credited it to Bruce and Bane has done it twice,nothing special.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By entropy_aegis

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

That said, I do not know enough about Mystique to say who would win.

Cap is neither FAR stronger,faster or the better fighter,Bat's skill is superior and his stats are almost on the same level.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_ said:

Batman.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@whacknasty said:

@EpitomeofCool: Whoa!! Thanks for the reply, good Sir! She is a LOT more versatile than I'd ever seen.

If she does all of this normally in combat, Bruce will not pull this one out without prep. : / The times I've seen him defeat Clayface usually hinged on plot to some degree...

no problem =] 

@entropy_aegis said:

@EpitomeofCool:

Shifting vital signs is'nt a big deal,Tim Drake has done something like that and he credited it to Bruce and Bane has done it twice,nothing special.

so tim can shift all his vital organs into his lower extremities? he not a shapshifter how it that possible, Id like to see that....not that it really makes a difference since he not in the battle.....
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By entropy_aegis

@EpitomeofCool said:

@whacknasty said:

no problem =]

@entropy_aegis said:

@EpitomeofCool:

so tim can shift all his vital organs into his lower extremities? he not a shapshifter how it that possible, Id like to see that....not that it really makes a difference since he not in the battle.....

Deathstroke and Bane have done it and i don't think they're shape shifters either.But i'll put more emphasis on Bane since in his case it was most likely a skill for him.Tim has done it partially but what exactly do you mean when you say shift vital signs/organs? if you're talking about being in complete of yourself on both physical and mental levels then yes it's possible but if you're asking for a scan where Batman sends his heart to his stomach or something like that then no LOL.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Saren
@entropy_aegis: He means the latter.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By entropy_aegis

@CitizenBane said:

Okay then he can't perform a feat such as that but how does it matter here anyway? any shape shifter can do that and it's not like Batman will be aiming to kill.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@entropy_aegis said:

@CitizenBane said:

Okay then he can't perform a feat such as that but how does it matter here anyway? any shape shifter can do that and it's not like Batman will be aiming to kill.

beause you said he could do it....I also said before that it dont really matter lol.... but you were thinking it was something different..  
anyway this is what i was refering to....

No Caption Provided

mystique takes shoots at point blank range and escapes serious injury by shifting her organs...
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By entropy_aegis

@EpitomeofCool said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@CitizenBane said:

beause you said he could do it....I also said before that it dont really matter lol.... but you were thinking it was something different..
No Caption Provided
mystique takes shoots at point blank range and escapes serious injury by shifting her organs...

Can she change the position of her pressure points? and i was referring to certain exotic skills which Batman and other non metas have aquired over the years.Shiva has body reading,Bane has near immunity to pain and he has fooled machinery in to thinking that he was dead,Batman actually created a backup memory system in his brain,amongst many other things LOL.

Rainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rainy

Mystique wins shes more epic, besides why is mystique going to let batman beat her up while she stands their she's already faster than him and more durable.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Rainy said:

Mystique wins shes more epic, besides why is mystique going to let batman beat her up while she stands their she's already faster than him and more durable.

He's more smarter and the better fighter with weapons like sonics,gas,flashbangs etc which will force her to stay put and what do you mean more epic? this is'nt Titanic.

Rainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rainy

She fought magneto that's why she's epic and, batman may have gadgets BUT I'm talking about fist to fist, and it would be more fair if she had guns to combat the gadgets.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Saren
@Rainy said:

She fought magneto that's why she's epic and, batman may have gadgets BUT I'm talking about fist to fist, and it would be more fair if she had guns to combat the gadgets.

*cough*darkseid*cough*
Rainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rainy

MOTHA FUCKA (-_-)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Saren
@Rainy said:

MOTHA FUCKA (-_-)

Don't swear. 

And, 

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@entropy_aegis:
No Caption Provided

Can she change the position of her pressure points?

yes.
Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Mystique wins no doubt SHE CAN SHAPE SHIFT HER ARMS INTO GUNS endgame she wins XD

Washuchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Washuchan

sry batman but mystique has your number here...i wonder if bats has a chance for a date with her..????

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Mystique, if Batman isn't prepared for a shapeshifter like Mystique, he'll be taken too much by surprise.