Conditions:

• No BFR
  • Buu saga versions of characters unless stated otherwise
  • No PIS feats may be used to debate for characters
  • Gohan is healed and restored to full power after every round

The Gauntlet:

1. Majin Vegeta
  2. Kid Buu
  3. SSJ3 Goku (No strain on body from SSJ3 & No rapid ki depletion)
  4. Super Buu
  5. Super Buu (Piccolo absorbed)
  6. SSJ3 Gotenks (Serious)
  7. Buff Buu
  8. Super Janemba (No reality warping)
  9. Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed, but at 80% of full power)
  10. Super Gogeta
mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mtuske

Stops at 1.

Now that it been reordered probably 3.

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gohan stops at 1. He will surely destroy Dabura because his enhancement placed him above Fat Majin Buu, which are undoubtedly far above SSJ2 Goku and Majin Vegeta. Though the combined power and skills of those three could outshine Gohan's.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By transcendence

Stops at 1.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zaied

Some of these rounds have featless characters or are unquantifiable.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Solar_Powered

I honestly don't see how it stops at 1, but I'll edit the OP anyway.

Spyrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It stops at 10 even if he manages to get there Gogeta's speed is incalculable he attacks janemba doing serious damage before he even touches him.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gohan stops at 1. He will surely destroy Dabura because his enhancement placed him above Fat Majin Buu, which are undoubtedly far above SSJ2 Goku and Majin Vegeta. Though the combined power and skills of those three could outshine Gohan's.

How would their combined efforts defeat Gohan? Gohan was toying with Super Buu, who's above even SSJ3 Goku.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

Some of these rounds have featless characters or are unquantifiable.

Every single one of these characters are quantifiable.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 8..

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered: Experience plays a good part, emphasis on Goku and Vegeta.

Vegitossjgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vegitossjgod

stops at 8 super janemba is still allowed to use his dimensional sword other wise this is an easy stomp even for ssj3 goku who the only reason lost was because super janemba sword had HAX which gohan wouldnt be able to withstand either.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By micah007123

I don't see him getting past Kid Buu. In character I see him not finding Gohan worth the effort and just busting the planet. Even assuming that scenario doesn't come true, I don't think Ultimate Gohan could take Kid Buu in a fight. Given that two highly experienced warriors couldn't do it, and the fact that Kid Buu's wildstyle combat would be a a difficult challenge for Gohan to match.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Kid Buu enjoys fighting strong opponents. How could he find Goku worth the effort and not gohan?

@solar_powered: Experience plays a good part, emphasis on Goku and Vegeta.

Goku and Vegeta also had more fighting experience than Broly, but...

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered: Broly was defeated by the combined efforts of the Z-Fighters, notably Goku for taking the shot and Vegeta for giving his energy (when the others combined couldn't spare enough energy for Goku to win).

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

I don't see him getting past Kid Buu. In character I see him not finding Gohan worth the effort and just busting the planet. Even assuming that scenario doesn't come true, I don't think Ultimate Gohan could take Kid Buu in a fight. Given that two highly experienced warriors couldn't do it, and the fact that Kid Buu's wildstyle combat would be a a difficult challenge for Gohan to match.

I see where you're coming from, but how would Kid Buu's combat make him fare better against Gohan than he did against Goku? Also, why do you think Gohan wouldn't be able to take Kid Buu in an all out fight?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By micah007123

@solar_powered: Well Goku is Goku lol, but honestly it wouldn't be out of character for him to just bust the planet the first chance he gets. He did opt to destroy earth the first chance he got once he became Kid Buu instead of fighting Vegeta and Goku who were right in front of him. If we have a random battle situation similar to that (no prior information) the above could very well happen. But besides that, in a h2h fight Kid Buu is too versatile IMO. His combat style had no structure, focus, or technique and was wild in every sense of he word. I don't see Gohan faring any better in a fight against Buu than Vegeta and Goku did.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: The OP has no BFR, and planet busting is a form of BFR.

Also, why do you think Gohan could not just vaporize kid buu?

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Defeats everyone else but stops at SSJ Gogeta

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By micah007123

@solar_powered said:

@micah said:

I see where you're coming from, but how would Kid Buu's combat make him fare better against Gohan than he did against Goku? Also, why do you think Gohan wouldn't be able to take Kid Buu in an all out fight?

Mainly because when it came to raw martial arts performance Goku especially in the Buu Saga was a much better fighter than Gohan, since the later slacked off with his training. One thing that has been routinely shown in the Buu Saga and even before that was that Gohan's success in combat came from all-around being stronger than his opponent. This is most on display against Super Buu in which Gohan dominated him. However once Buu got the power advantage the tables turned, and while other warriors such as Vegeta and Goku who have proved that even when outmatched in the power game still could hold their own in the skills department Gohan could do neither. Super Buu proceeded to make him look like an amateur child, even Buu commented on his diminishing combat skills. It's Gohan's lack of combat expertise that makes me believe he would stop at Kid Buu if both are going all out.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By micah007123

@solar_powered said:

1. Huh noted. Didn't know it was classified as that.

2. Kid Buu was effectively vaporized several times during his arc and reformed in seconds. Even after Super Buu was blown apart and Piccolo and Gotenks took extra time to ash each piece he still regenerated out of thin air. Goku blasted Kid Buu point blank with a Ki Beam so powerful it cut through the Kai Planet (larger and more durable than earth) and blasted out the other side of the planet and into space easily, yet Kid Buu still regenerated easily. I don't think he can be atomized, if he takes enough damage his regeneration can wear down since we saw the same problem with Super Buu, but Gohan would have to spam blast for that to happen. Buu did withstand a point blank planet busting attack, something that surely would have destroyed him down to the smallest parts of his being and yet he still lived.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Gauntlet Runner:

No Caption Provided

Conditions:

• No BFR

The Gauntlet:

1. Majin Vegeta gets slaughtered by Gohan using his index finger
  2. Kid Buu gets turned into stepped on gum with 1 punch
  3. SSJ3 Goku (No strain on body from SSJ3 & No rapid ki depletion) gets stomped
  4. Super Buu gets his ass beat again
  5. Super Buu (Piccolo absorbed) gets his ass beat again
  6. SSJ3 Gotenks (Serious) gets his ass beat and child services arrests Gohan
  7. Buff Buu gets beat in a hard fight for Gohan
  8. Super Janemba (No reality warping) gets beat just as fast as Super Buu does
  9. Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed, but at 80% of full power) beats Gohan still
  10. Super Gogeta beats Gohan almost as fast as Gogeta beat Janemba

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either he stops at 9 (Bootenks was toying with him and he was stomping) or 7 (Buff Boo was stronger than Super Boo,but don't know by how much...so either he wins or lose against him)

Btw,the gauntlet is out of order

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@solar_powered said:

2. Kid Buu was effectively vaporized several times during his arc and reformed in seconds. Even after Super Buu was blown apart and Piccolo and Gotenks took extra time to ash each piece he still regenerated out of thin air. Goku blasted Kid Buu point blank with a Ki Beam so powerful it cut through the Kai Planet (larger and more durable than earth) and blasted out the other side of the planet and into space easily, yet Kid Buu still regenerated easily. I don't think he can be atomized, if he takes enough damage his regeneration can wear down since we saw the same problem with Super Buu, but Gohan would have to spam blast for that to happen. Buu did withstand a point blank planet busting attack, something that surely would have destroyed him down to the smallest parts of his being and yet he still lived.

He wasn't completely destroyed without a trace until he was hit by the spirit bomb though. When he got blown to pieces by Gotenks, he reformed due to the pink smoke being emitted by the leftover pieces of his body. Plus, a planet busting attack isn't very powerful at all during the Buu saga. Frieza saga maybe, but not buu saga.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 6 or 7

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Frisky4

The world may never know...

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By micah007123

@solar_powered said:

@micah said:

@solar_powered said:

He wasn't completely destroyed without a trace until he was hit by the spirit bomb though. When he got blown to pieces by Gotenks, he reformed due to the pink smoke being emitted by the leftover pieces of his body. Plus, a planet busting attack isn't very powerful at all during the Buu saga. Frieza saga maybe, but not buu saga.

Well with that were not sure how much the whole "good energy" meets "bad energy" thing had a role to play. You have to remember Buu himself is not that durable. He was visibly shown to be affected by ordinary bullets in his his earliest incarnations and even as Super Buu. So while a Single Planet Explosion might not be that powerful compared to the other DC levels in the Buu Saga it was still a point blank planet explosion one of which Buu was clearly shown to be affected by and was blown away. If we say he CAN be killed by vaporization the next question would be can Gohan produce a more powerful energy output than Goku? I don't think so since Goku in a form specifically made for all-out combat and pouring every ounce of energy he had into his beams couldn't atomize him until he used an attack comprised of energy from Earth, several other planets, The check-in station and even Hell itself.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stops at 8

Gohan stomps rounds 1-5 and with very little difficulty. SSJ3 Gotenks and Buff Buu are contenders, but Gohant would prevail after a decent fight. Gohan puts up more of a fight against buutenks but still gets loses.

As @parallax_hal_jordan already mentioned, the gauntlet is out of order. Jenemba should be placed in-between Super Buu and SSJ3 Goku.

@micah said:

If we say he CAN be killed by vaporization the next question would be can Gohan produce a more powerful energy output than Goku? I don't think so since Goku in a form specifically made for all-out combat and pouring every ounce of energy he had into his beams couldn't atomize him until he used an attack comprised of energy from Earth, several other planets, The check-in station and even Hell itself.

Mystic Gohan is leagues above Goku at that point in the story, who was on par with Pure Buu. and was stated to be capable of destroying Buu if he gathered his ki for a full power blast. Super Buu, who Goku said would kill him and Vegeta, was getting smacked around by Gohan. A moderately charged kamehameha from Gohan would wipe Buu completely.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Stops at 2

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By micah007123

@gxrevolution96 said:

Stops at 8

Gohan stomps rounds 1-5 and with very little difficulty. SSJ3 Gotenks and Buff Buu are contenders, but Gohant would prevail after a decent fight. Gohan puts up more of a fight against buutenks but still gets loses.

As @parallax_hal_jordan already mentioned, the gauntlet is out of order. Jenemba should be placed in-between Super Buu and SSJ3 Goku.

@micah said:

If we say he CAN be killed by vaporization the next question would be can Gohan produce a more powerful energy output than Goku? I don't think so since Goku in a form specifically made for all-out combat and pouring every ounce of energy he had into his beams couldn't atomize him until he used an attack comprised of energy from Earth, several other planets, The check-in station and even Hell itself.

Mystic Gohan is leagues above Goku at that point in the story, who was on par with Pure Buu. and was stated to be capable of destroying Buu if he gathered his ki for a full power blast. Super Buu, who Goku said would kill him and Vegeta, was getting smacked around by Gohan. A moderately charged kamehameha from Gohan would wipe Buu completely.

Yet later Goku admits he was wrong in his initial analysis and that Kid Buu was FAR stronger than he ever could have imagined. I wouldn't say Ultimate Gohan is leagues above Goku as a SS3, it's also worth noting that Kid Buu is far stronger than Base Super Buu.

Bahumat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bahumat

@solar_powered said:

The Gauntlet Runner:

No Caption Provided

Conditions:

• No BFR

The Gauntlet:

1. Majin Vegeta Easily beats, he's multiple times stronger.
  2. Kid Buu Same.
  3. SSJ3 Goku (No strain on body from SSJ3 & No rapid ki depletion) Same.
  4. Super Buu Beats him worse than the last time if he is serious.
  5. Super Buu (Piccolo absorbed) Same as Super Buu.
  6. SSJ3 Gotenks (Serious) Gotenks might be able to win if he lands some Ghost Kamikazes, but other than that he loses.
  7. Buff Buu Unquantifiable, he's stronger than Super Buu, but by an unknown amount.
  8. Super Janemba (No reality warping) IIRC He had trouble with Goku and Vegeta without warping, so he loses.
  9. Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed, but at 80% of full power) Super Buu wins, I have Gohan slightly stronger, but Buu's regeneration will give him the win.
  10. Super Gogeta If fusion follows a linear boost, (which I'm assuming it does) Goku and Vegeta need to be over 13x stronger than Goten and Trunks in order to beat Gohan (as SSJ Gogeta). I have them 6x stronger than Goten and Trunks (Pre-Rosat, less than 5x Post-Rosat), and I think 10x is really pushing it, so I guess Gohan wins.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By transcendence

@laflux: Two other people said it as well but you tagged me? Besides, OP was edited after I posted so Round 1+ were changed.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@laflux: Two other people said it as well but you tagged me? Besides, OP was edited after I posted so Round 1+ were changed.

oh my bad

jeanSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tf is people saying he stops so early? Surely he should stop at 8 or clears

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Solar_Powered

@bahumat: Could you explain the logic behind your ranking of Gogeta?

Bahumat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bahumat

@solar_powered: Fusion = X(A+B)

Gotenks = 2(1+1) = 4

Maximum Gogeta = 2(10+10) = 40

SSJ3 Gotenks = 4 X 400 = 1600

Mystic Gohan = 2667

Maximum SSJ Gogeta = 40 X 50 = 2000

Maximum Gogeta needs SSJ2

What I think:

Gogeta = 2(4+4) = 16

SSJ Gogeta = 16 X 50 = 800

My Gogeta needs SSJ3

I used the 2 as a random number, don't think that's the fusions multiplier. Keep in mind that this is mostly guessing with numbers. I only use this because there's nothing we can really compare Gogeta with, other than Janemba, who is already pretty hard to judge.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GXrevolution96

@micah

The only thing he admitted was that he overestimated his body's limits as a SSJ3. He fought on par with Pure Buu the whole time, and there wasn't a single instance during the fight of Buu having the upper hand. Goku was troublesome enough that Buu resorted to his chocolate beam technique, which Goku avoided. That is not the kind of move you resort to if you are dominating or toying.

Boo did start messing around with Goku after a little while, but not because he had an overwhelming power advantage…but because he could keep coming back from attacks and never lost KI. Buu realised that Goku was haemorrhaging Ki like a busted dam hence why he started prolonging his regeneration. Goku was getting weaker and weaker by the minute while he stayed fresh. You also have a statement from Goku saying that he could kill Buu if given the chance to gather his Ki. And nothing ever disagrees with this statement. He failed because his body simply couldn't sustain SSJ3."Da-dammit…When I was dead, it was no problem at all…It seems that in the end, becoming a Super Saiyan 3 with a living body eats up an excessive amount of ki…” The mere fact that Goku could even trade blows with Kid Buu indicates that he is much weaker than Super Buu.

Putting Gohan on Goku's level doesn't a bit of sense. Gotenks as a regular SSJ is in the same tier bracket as SSJ3 Goku, and is considerably stronger as SSJ3(8x stronger if you go by multpiliers). Goku says that Gotenks would be able to beat Fat Boo. As far as we're aware, Goku intended for them to fight as an SSJ. Piccolo's statement regarding SSJ Gotenks' Ki also supported this. The fact that Goku and Piccolo both think that SSJ Gotenks can handle Fat Boo, even if you believe that Goku was stronger than Gotenks, would still put SSJ3 Gotenks above SSJ3 Goku. Additionally, you would have to justify why Goku said that they'd be slaughtered if they went outside of Evil Boo. You would also have to justify why Goku would be okay fighting an opponent stronger than someone he'd admitted to slaughtering him and Vegeta.

To break it down

SSJ Gotenks>Fat Buu

SSJ3 Goku>Fat Buu

SSJ3 Goku=Kid Buu

SSJ3 Gotenks>>>SSJ Gotenks

SSJ3 Gotenks>=Evil Buu

Evil Buu>SSJ3 Goku

Mystic Gohan>>Evil Buu

Mystic Gohan>>Super Buu>>>SSJ3 Goku & Kid Buu

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say he stops at 9, but he could possibly beat 9 also but no way is he getting past Super Gogeta.

AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Janemba

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By micah007123

@gxrevolution96 said:

@micah

The only thing he admitted was that he overestimated his body's limits as a SSJ3. He fought on par with Pure Buu the whole time, and there wasn't a single instance during the fight of Buu having the upper hand. Goku was troublesome enough that Buu resorted to his chocolate beam technique, which Goku avoided. That is not the kind of move you resort to if you are dominating or toying.

Using the chocolate being doesn't mean Goku gave Kid Buu such a hard fight that he had to resort to using a last ditch type move. Fat Buu used the attack on regular humans and he was clearly toying with them. I think Kid Buu did the same to Fat Buu during their fight, and he was clearly in control of the entire duel. While Goku overestimating his body's limits certainly plays a part in the bigger picture we still have Goku admitting that "Kid Buu is far stronger than he ever could have imagined". Kid Buu also have the upper hand at several points in the battle. During one of which Goku himself realized and this was before the Ki drain took effect that he didn't have enough power to finish Buu off.

Boo did start messing around with Goku after a little while, but not because he had an overwhelming power advantage…but because he could keep coming back from attacks and never lost KI. Buu realised that Goku was haemorrhaging Ki like a busted dam hence why he started prolonging his regeneration. Goku was getting weaker and weaker by the minute while he stayed fresh. You also have a statement from Goku saying that he could kill Buu if given the chance to gather his Ki. And nothing ever disagrees with this statement. He failed because his body simply couldn't sustain SSJ3."Da-dammit…When I was dead, it was no problem at all…It seems that in the end, becoming a Super Saiyan 3 with a living body eats up an excessive amount of ki…” The mere fact that Goku could even trade blows with Kid Buu indicates that he is much weaker than Super Buu.

Again we also have a statement following that one that Kid Buu is far stronger than he ever could have imagined, and nothing disagrees with this statement either. Regeneration or not Kid Buu was still shrugging off attacks powerful enough to cause damage to the Kai Planet (larger, tougher than earth) to be visible from space. Something that Super Buu did not hold up well against and was heavily wounded by such techniques. His body not being able to sustain SS3 certainly played a part in his loss, but the fact remains that Kid Buu was a much tougher opponent than Goku gave him credit for and that is why he failed. Goku realized that even at full power he underestimated Kid Buu. I'll address your final point below.

Putting Gohan on Goku's level doesn't a bit of sense. Gotenks as a regular SSJ is in the same tier bracket as SSJ3 Goku, and is considerably stronger as SSJ3(8x stronger if you go by multpiliers). Goku says that Gotenks would be able to beat Fat Boo. As far as we're aware, Goku intended for them to fight as an SSJ. Piccolo's statement regarding SSJ Gotenks' Ki also supported this. The fact that Goku and Piccolo both think that SSJ Gotenks can handle Fat Boo, even if you believe that Goku was stronger than Gotenks, would still put SSJ3 Gotenks above SSJ3 Goku. Additionally, you would have to justify why Goku said that they'd be slaughtered if they went outside of Evil Boo. You would also have to justify why Goku would be okay fighting an opponent stronger than someone he'd admitted to slaughtering him and Vegeta.

When was it suggested that Goku intended for them to fight at SSJ. Not saying I don't believe it but I'd like to see it, also where did you get the 8x multiplier? Moving on, I admit your last to points are difficult to address so I'll need to look into them more. For my final point I'll say we have Goku on screen stating Kid Buu was twice as strong as he was before. Meaning he was either talking about Super Buu or Ultra Buu, also meaning either way Kid Buu was alot stronger than people give him credit for.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GXrevolution96

@micah

Using the chocolate being doesn't mean Goku gave Kid Buu such a hard fight that he had to resort to using a last ditch type move.

he only time Buu ever resorted to that technique in combat was when he was either danger or his opponent was troublesome. When Fat Buu used it on Grey Buu, he was being dominated. Buuhan used it on Vegetto out of desperation. Good Buu used on Kid Buu, who was life beaten out of him. Goku munches down on Buu's head which causes him to scream out in pain, and he retaliated by attempting to Zap him. Nothing there implies that Buu was in control or toying.

No Caption Provided

at Buu used the attack on regular humans and he was clearly toying with them. I think Kid Buu did the same to Fat Buu during their fight, and he was clearly in control of the entire duel.

Whenever Fat Buu used the chocolate beam on humans, it was because he was hungry or was following Babidi's orders. He never used it in a fight, unless he was at a very distinct disadvantage.

Kid Buu never uses the chocolate beam against Fat Buu. he only uses it in manga

While Goku overestimating his body's limits certainly plays a part in the bigger picture we still have Goku admitting that "Kid Buu is far stronger than he ever could have imagined”.

When does Goku say that?

Kid Buu also have the upper hand at several points in the battle.

When? Their skirmish was mere 10 pages long in the manga, and Goku and Kid Buu are dead even. At no point does Kid Buu control the fight.

During one of which Goku himself realized and this was before the Ki drain took effect that he didn't have enough power to finish Buu off.

Actually, Goku doesn't realise until after he attempts to gather his Ki. He was confident that he could gather the Ki needed in one minute prior. It is only after minute that he started to notice his power falling. And thats when he deduced that his living body drained more Ki and a dead one.

Chapter: 512 (DBZ 318), P1.6

Context: Vegeta asks Goku if he’s gathered enough ki to defeat Boo yet

Goku: “I…I know..! I know, but…It’s strange… I gathered my ki close to full power, but…The ki which I al…already gathered has begun falling off…!”

Chapter: 512 (DBZ 318), P10.3-5

Context: still with the ki-charging business

Vegeta: “Ka…Kakarot…!! …Cut it out…! How long will it take? Do…do it now…N…not yet? Have you still not gathered the ki...!?”

Goku: “Da…Damn it…Damn it…!! …It shouldn’t be…It shouldn’t be like this…!! My…my power…my power is…Fa…falling off…”

*he reverts from Super Saiyan 3 back into his regular state*

Chapter: 513 (DBZ 319), P1.2

Context: after Goku drops out of Super Saiyan 3

Goku: “Da-dammit…When I was dead, it was no problem at all…It seems that in the end, becoming a Super Saiyan 3 with a living body eats up an excessive amount of ki…”

Regeneration or not Kid Buu was still shrugging off attacks powerful enough to cause damage to the Kai Planet (larger, tougher than earth) to be visible from space. Something that Super Buu did not hold up well against and was heavily wounded by such techniques

You cant judge one's power biased on the on collateral damage and the size of their attacks. Going by that logic, Roshi>Goku since he one shotted the moon. Goku's IT Kamehameha, a stated planet buster, was vastly more powerful than Vegeta's big bang attack(on Cyborg 19), despite fact that Vegeta's blast causes more collateral damage. DBZ ki blasts are unquantified. Moreover, the sample you provided is anime filler.

His body not being able to sustain SS3 certainly played a part in his loss, but the fact remains that Kid Buu was a much tougher opponent than Goku gave him credit for and that is why fails

As I already mentioned, Goku failing was purely because of is falling stamina, and the fact that Kid Buu did not get any weaker and kept coming back. The fight between Goku and Buu was quick paced, and no matter what Goku did, Buu stayed fresh because of his superior stamina. Because of this, Goku did not get the chance to gather his Ki for the attack needed to finish him off, which is why he needed Vegeta to buy him time. The fight really wasn't that long in the manga. It was a brief skirmish.

Chapter: 510 (DBZ 316), P13.1-6

Vegeta: “Don’t hesitate for my sake, and finish him off! With that Super Saiyan 3, you should be able to completely wipe out Boo with your ki once you gather it with all your might…!”

Goku: “Ye…yeah…I’ve been thinking of doing that as well since awhile back, but…I haven’t gotten the chance.”

Vegeta: “Eh?”

Goku: “If I want to wipe him out, I gotta gather ki for about one minute.”

Vegeta: “One minute?!”

Goku: “Dammnit~~~If it was with the Potara, I could have done it in one blast. …..Cheh~~~I guess I went and showed off too much. But I thought things would go a little better than this…!”

Vegeta: “…S …So you weren’t thinking of me…”

When was it suggested that Goku intended for them to fight at SSJ. Not saying I don't believe it but I'd like to see it, also where did you get the 8x multiplier?

Why wouldn't Goku intend for the boys to fight at their maximum(as super saiyans). Base Gotenks is SSJ2 tier at best. He and Piccolo both knew that Gotenks' base form wasn't strong enough to contend with Buu. Piccolo's intent was always for them to fight as Super siayns His statement was proved correct when Gotenks returns all beaten and bloodied.

I went off the the official super saiyan multipliers. SS1 is 50 x base. SSJ2 is 2 x SSJ. And SSJ3 is 4 x SSJ2. SS2 Gotenks would twice as strong as SSJ Gotenks, making him twice as strong as SSJ3 Goku. SSJ3 Gotenks is four times stronger than SSJ2 Gotenks, making him 8x stronger than SSJ3 Goku. Gohan is somewhat stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks, but how many times stronger is anyone's guess.

This is the bottom line, really.

Goku clearly points out that he and Vegeta wouldn't stand a chance if they left Buu's body, and would be killed if they attempted to fight him. Then, after escaping and watching Evil Buu revert to Buff Buu, Goku note's that his strength was increasing. But Immediately after Kid Buu appears: Goku says “We did it! This way, we might be able to manage something.” It is argued that "they were judging him on size and not the size of his Ki". However, note that only Vegeta makes mention to Buu's size. Not once does Goku once reference to it. Buu's Ki spiked but dropped right back down after he reverts. Why the sudden change in attitude if Buu's Ki didn't drop to a level where Goku thought he might have a chance. Goku was starting to worry when Buff Buu appeared. And before that, he outright admitted that they'd be killed, and was begging Vegeta to fuse with him. Goku is a simple guy and is always very blunt when comparing Ki. Always. He told Piccolo that he didn't stand a chance against Cell, and told Vegeta to his face that he had surpassed him. He had no qualms admitting his inferiority to Gohan and Cell, and even said that he'd be killed if he slipped up once.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: Hmmmmmmm, I need to look over some things. Your might be right after-all about Ultimate Gohan as my further research has indicated.

Sean12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrecks until 8... then he gets brutally destroyed!

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a long time since I've seen this many debates at all on a gauntlet, much less debates this well structured. Interesting.

Bahumat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess everyone agrees he stops at 8?