Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

My Team: Midnighter (leader), Longshot, Mirror Master, Nightcrawler, Sylar

vs

The Avengers: Captain America (leader), Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man (Extremis), Thor, Vision

No Caption Provided

Any DC characters are pre-52, any Marvel ones are standard/classic versions. Standard equipment for all.

Random encounter, everyone in character. Battle out in the open, starting 20m apart. Win by KO or death.

Does my team prevail?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By 202122

The Avengers in a rather bloody and destructive stomp

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By willpayton

@202122 said:

How do the Avengers stomp?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MonsterStomp

Mirror Master will be the most problem for the Avengers IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 202122

@WillPayton said:

@202122 said:

MM zaps a couple people maybe if he's lucky he gets 3 before he's taken out, then it's someone like Thor, Hulk, Vision and Iron man (extremis armour) and they go to town.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dextersinister

@202122 said:

@WillPayton said:

@202122 said:

MM zaps a couple people maybe if he's lucky he gets 3 before he's taken out, then it's someone like Thor, Hulk, Vision and Iron man (extremis armour) and they go to town.

With the exception of Thor if he gets time none of them can touch MM, the Rogue's have been upgraded in the new 52 at a price MM can't leave the mirror dimension but he can attack out of reflective surfaces.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By willpayton

@202122 said:

@WillPayton said:

@202122 said:

What does Thor, Hulk, Vision, or Iron Man do if Midnighter uses a door to slice them in half, or Nightcrawler teleports their head off? Granted Nightcrawler might not go that far in character, at least not at the beginning of the fight. How about if Sylar disintegrates Iron Man's armor, or Visions entire body?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#8  Edited By Joygirl

That is a pretty tricky team. If they work together and have a plan I think they can do it.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jackofspades

marvel easy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 202122

@WillPayton said:

@202122 said:

@WillPayton said:

@202122 said:

What does Thor, Hulk, Vision, or Iron Man do if Midnighter uses a door to slice them in half, or Nightcrawler teleports their head off? Granted Nightcrawler might not go that far in character, at least not at the beginning of the fight. How about if Sylar disintegrates Iron Man's armor, or Visions entire body?

1.) Iron Man, Thor and Hulk are much to fast to stand there while Midnighter opens and then closes them and couldn't Vision just phase through?

2.) In Character?? Nightcrawler isn't going to kill any of these heroes (not sure why he's fighting with thses villains in the first place but oh well)

3.) That's if Sylar has time before Thor cosmic Hurricane's him into dust

No Caption Provided
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By XiiX

Mirror Master potentially solos. Either by doing this.

Or this(which he could theoretically pull off from inside Thor's helmet, or Iron Man's armor or even Vision's body)

The numbers game isn't an issue for him either. He can operate via mirror images of himself.

And even drawing a bead on him is never a certainty

Lastly, it's perfectly in character for him to utilize his equipment's deadliest settings in a fight. He is a killer after all.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By willpayton

@202122 said:

1.) Iron Man, Thor and Hulk are much to fast to stand there while Midnighter opens and then closes them and couldn't Vision just phase through?

I dont know about Vision. He'll probably have to be dealt with by MM. Thor doesnt seem to use his speed that much in character. As far as Iron Man and Hulk, they're not that fast to begin with. Midnighter would have already figured out how to beat them as soon as the fight begins.

brick909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By brick909

Your team literally gets eaten by the hulk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 202122

@WillPayton: Yeah that's a possible outcome tbh this battle all depends on who MM takes down in his first few shots. I mean if he takes Hulk, Iron Man and Thor with him before Vision puts his hand through his head then yeah your team takes this quite easily but if he takes down Vision, Hawkeye and Cap then Thor, Hulk and Iron man can bring most of them down quickly. Once again these are all different scenarios so i'd probably say that it goes down to luck but i do retract my earlier statement.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Esquire

Captain America

Midnighter can beat him easily. Mirror Master can beat him instantly. Nightcrawler should be able to 'port his head off, or at the very least 'port his shield away for Longshot to shoot him. Sylar has lots of ways to beat him with ease.

Hawkeye

Same as above.

Hulk

Midnighter and Longshot are of little use here. Mirror Master can blind him, and might be able to win by transmuting or turning him inside out. Nightcrawler might be able to 'port his head off. Sylar has a chance with his abilities to transmute and disintegrate. He could possibly use his empathy power to calm Hulk down into Banner.

Iron Man

Midnighter and Longshot have little chance. Mirror Master can probably transmute him, and he can have lots of fun with Tony's shiny armor. Nightcrawler has a chance at tele-dismemberment, but Tony's speed would make it very difficult. Sylar's empathy, TK, transmutation, electricity manipulation, and disintegration should be of use here.

Vision

Same as above, but tele-dismemberment won't work because of intangibility.

Thor

Midnighter has a solid chance, since he has much better speed and has gotten through the durability of Jack Hawksmoor, Maul, Apollo, and a female version of Apollo. Longshot probably can't get through his durability. Mirror Master can play around with his shiny helmet and hammer, and should be able to transmute him. Nightcrawler could probably 'port his head off. Sylar would go after him the same way he'd go after Tony.

(*) I'm assuming current Nightcrawler is still the AoA version.

Interesting question: Could Kurt teleport Mjolnir away?

In conclusion: I think the unlikely team will likely take the majority, largely thanks to Mirror Master and Midnighter.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By willpayton

@202122 said:

@WillPayton: Yeah that's a possible outcome tbh this battle all depends on who MM takes down in his first few shots. I mean if he takes Hulk, Iron Man and Thor with him before Vision puts his hand through his head then yeah your team takes this quite easily but if he takes down Vision, Hawkeye and Cap then Thor, Hulk and Iron man can bring most of them down quickly. Once again these are all different scenarios so i'd probably say that it goes down to luck but i do retract my earlier statement.

My team just happens to have someone who specializes in getting lucky. =)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By willpayton

@brick909 said:

Your team literally gets eaten by the hulk.

LOL...

@Esquire said:

Captain America

Midnighter can beat him easily. Mirror Master can beat him instantly. Nightcrawler should be able to 'port his head off, or at the very least 'port his shield away for Longshot to shoot him. Sylar has lots of ways to beat him with ease.

Hawkeye

Same as above.

Hulk

Midnighter and Longshot are of little use here. Mirror Master can blind him, and might be able to win by transmuting or turning him inside out. Nightcrawler might be able to 'port his head off. Sylar has a chance with his abilities to transmute and disintegrate. He could possibly use his empathy power to calm Hulk down into Banner.

Iron Man

Midnighter and Longshot have little chance. Mirror Master can probably transmute him, and he can have lots of fun with Tony's shiny armor. Nightcrawler has a chance at tele-dismemberment, but Tony's speed would make it very difficult. Sylar's empathy, TK, transmutation, electricity manipulation, and disintegration should be of use here.

Vision

Same as above, but tele-dismemberment won't work because of intangibility.

Thor

Midnighter has a solid chance, since he has much better speed and has gotten through the durability of Jack Hawksmoor, Maul, Apollo, and a female version of Apollo. Longshot probably can't get through his durability. Mirror Master can play around with his shiny helmet and hammer, and should be able to transmute him. Nightcrawler could probably 'port his head off. Sylar would go after him the same way he'd go after Tony.

(*) I'm assuming current Nightcrawler is still the AoA version.

Interesting question: Could Kurt teleport Mjolnir away?

In conclusion: I think the unlikely team will likely take the majority, largely thanks to Mirror Master and Midnighter.

Good analysis, although I think Midnighter would actually have a decent chance against Iron Man. If he uses his doors, then a very good chance.

Good question about teleporting Mjolnir. I wonder if that's ever been tried through non-magical means.

Avatar image for the_mighty_beyonder
the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton:

just Hulk and Thor can handle your team.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By willpayton

@the_mighty_Beyonder said:

@WillPayton:

just Hulk and Thor can handle your team.

I think you're seriously underestimating the potential of my team.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Esquire

@WillPayton: I forgot about doors, lol. I'm used to them always being disabled in Midnighter battles. With them, I would give your team an easy majority.

@the_mighty_Beyonder: Before or after Midnighter and Nightcrawler 'port them into little pieces and Mirror Master transmutes them into glass?

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton: @Esquire:

ok seriously what are Midnighter powers that made him beat Hulk or Thor?

and Nightcrawler? how can he beat Hulk?

how exactly Mirror Master gonna touch Thor, when this later can with one blow break any hologram, any mirror arround him with lightning?

Hondo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hondo_

Honestly I don't see anybody in your team capable of defeating Thor.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By laflux

In character?

Team one

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Esquire

ok seriously what are Midnighter powers that made him beat Hulk

Midnighter's battle computer and skill has allowed him to damage characters with Superman-level stats, such as Apollo and Maul. But his most effective weapon here will be his Doors. He's able to summon portals on command, and he can use them to only teleport half of something. So he can remove Hulk's head from his shoulders and dump it on the other side of the battlefield. Any reason this wouldn't work?

or Thor?

Doors would be effective against him, too, but Middy could make it a good fight even without using them. Thor has admitted that he's slower than Wolverine, and Midnighter is faster than Logan, so he's a lot faster than Thor. Thor has been blitzed by Spider-Man and Mongoose, so Midnighter can do the same thing. And with his knowledge of pressure points, incredible striking power, and massive arsenal of explosives, I wouldn't at all put it beyond his reach to kill Thor before the God of Thunder can react. Midnighter's killed a couple of speedsters, after all, and moved faster than one could see. So he has a monumental speed advantage against Thor.

Current Nightcrawler is AoA Nightcrawler (afaik), so he doesn't hesitate to tele-dismember. I don't see any reason he couldn't 'port Hulk's head off of his shoulders. Do you have any reason to believe this wouldn't work?

how exactly Mirror Master gonna touch Thor, when this later can with one blow break any hologram, any mirror arround him with lightning?

Thor has no notable reaction speed. Mirror Master spends his time fighting Flash. His reflexes are far superior to Thor's, and he can transmute him into glass. Or turn him inside out. Has Thor ever resisted transmutation? Not that I've ever seen.

Also, he can't break holograms. That's kind of the point of holograms. They aren't actually there to be broken.

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Esquire said:

ok seriously what are Midnighter powers that made him beat Hulk

Midnighter's battle computer and skill has allowed him to damage characters with Superman-level stats, such as Apollo and Maul. But his most effective weapon here will be his Doors. He's able to summon portals on command, and he can use them to only teleport half of something. So he can remove Hulk's head from his shoulders and dump it on the other side of the battlefield. Any reason this wouldn't work?

or Thor?

Doors would be effective against him, too, but Middy could make it a good fight even without using them. Thor has admitted that he's slower than Wolverine, and Midnighter is faster than Logan, so he's a lot faster than Thor. Thor has been blitzed by Spider-Man and Mongoose, so Midnighter can do the same thing. And with his knowledge of pressure points, incredible striking power, and massive arsenal of explosives, I wouldn't at all put it beyond his reach to kill Thor before the God of Thunder can react. Midnighter's killed a couple of speedsters, after all, and moved faster than one could see. So he has a monumental speed advantage against Thor.

Current Nightcrawler is AoA Nightcrawler (afaik), so he doesn't hesitate to tele-dismember. I don't see any reason he couldn't 'port Hulk's head off of his shoulders. Do you have any reason to believe this wouldn't work?

Thor has no notable reaction speed. Mirror Master spends his time fighting Flash. His reflexes are far superior to Thor's, and he can transmute him into glass. Or turn him inside out. Has Thor ever resisted transmutation? Not that I've ever seen.

Also, he can't break holograms. That's kind of the point of holograms. They aren't actually there to be broken.

points taken.