My Topic Was Locked why?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By coolguyr99

I started a battle master roshi vs karate kid and it got locked can anyone explain to me why? Thanks

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

Always assuming that this Battle Master Roshi is an anime/manga character, manga/anime vs comics battles are not allowed here anymore. Plus I believe that the mod who locked it must have said why.

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Gold_Kitsune

indeed, Manga vs Comic books always start a flame war.

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By coolguyr99

Thanks for answers

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@coolguyr99: Mods should state why they have locked threads

Avatar image for allmightyjackson
AllmightyJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AllmightyJackson

@mrdecepticonleader said:

I completely agree. They should at least send a message saying why. From what I can understand a locked topic could mean one of several things.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Killemall

@aztek_the_lost said:

Users should read the rules, ignorance by choice should be a cause for punishment not an excuse to be coddled.

In fact, confirming that you haven't read the rules should probably result in some sort of slap on the wrist since it clearly states "ALL USERS MUST READ" in the title.

Totally agree but i would like to see you try and slap someone from comicvine :p

Avatar image for allmightyjackson
AllmightyJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AllmightyJackson

@aztek_the_lost said:

@AllmightyJackson said:

I completely agree. They should at least send a message saying why. From what I can understand a locked topic could mean one of several things.

Users should read the rules, ignorance by choice should be a cause for punishment not an excuse to be coddled.

In fact, confirming that you haven't read the rules should probably result in some sort of slap on the wrist since it clearly states "ALL USERS MUST READ" in the title.

Yea and if you read the rules and you still don't see why you have been locked then what? The answer is read the rules? If you can take the time to lock a thread then why not just say locked because of this and that? It's not that big of a deal but I've read the rules and my battle still got locked and a moderator posted on it. I went back over the rules and still didn't see why & that is what brought me to this thread.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Billy Batson

because your mom.
BB

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aztek_the_lost said:

@AllmightyJackson said:

I just think they should maybe state the reason why it is locked,this could stop the user from repeating the same thing that got their thread locked in the first place.And some users choose not to read the rules and that's up to them.There have been threads ive seen get locked and have wondered why and mods haven't stated a reason why.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AllmightyJackson said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

@AllmightyJackson said:

Yea and if you read the rules and you still don't see why you have been locked then what? The answer is read the rules? If you can take the time to lock a thread then why not just say locked because of this and that? It's not that big of a deal but I've read the rules and my battle still got locked and a moderator posted on it. I went back over the rules and still didn't see why & that is what brought me to this thread.

I agree with you Almighty.

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeathsHead2

A "quick" explanation would be sufficient. Example: "Locked per Rule #__".

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

Master Roshi would destroy Karate Kid

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By czarny_samael666
@DeathsHead2 said:
Exactly. A specially that some threads are closed, because some mods belive that some fights are a stomp, while it isn't always truth. 

Besides, stomp isn't always spite thread and often we can see that 2-3 years ago most of CV thought that some battels are stomp in one way, but someone bumps it and most of us (including people who were present in that thread 2 years ago) belive that outcome will be completly oppostie.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By HolySerpent

I agree with every thing czarny said.I think mod should give a quick explanation why.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eatmore_payless

@czarny_samael666 said:

@DeathsHead2 said:
Exactly. A specially that some threads are closed, because some mods belive that some fights are a stomp, while it isn't always truth. Besides, stomp isn't always spite thread and often we can see that 2-3 years ago most of CV thought that some battels are stomp in one way, but someone bumps it and most of us (including people who were present in that thread 2 years ago) belive that outcome will be completly oppostie.

true I've had a thread that got locked too but I believe that, the thread isn't spite nor a stomp

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ReVamp

@czarny_samael666: @HolySerpent: There generally is. If the mod doesn't provide one, its generally mentioned previously.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Static Shock

@aztek_the_lost said:

Exactly. Instead of people worrying about why a thread was locked, make a thread that adheres to the rules and you won't have any problems. I agree that we should give a reason, but we really don't have to.

End of thread.