• 144 results
#1 Edited by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

The Presence has decided to take out Marvel's Earth. Who knows why, he's just kind of a dick like that I guess. He grabs 5 heroes from his Earth and transports them to the Marvel Earth with only one thought in their heads... destroy everything!

He sends... Superman, Hal Jordan, Doctor Fate, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Atom...

You must chose 5 heroes from Marvel to defeat my team. Alternately, if you dont think it can be done, say how many and which heroes you'd need to do it.

Rules: You can only chose Marvel heroes, in their standard incarnations. Only Earth-based heroes that are usually on Earth can be used. No special super-powerful versions of anyone, or people that were only around for a certain story arc, etc. No one that's cosmic-level, skyfather, or that type of thing. Equipment must be someone's standard equipment.

Conditions: Battle starts 100 ft in the sky on a sunny day. Teams 100 ft apart. Everyone is bloodlusted. No morals, PIS, or BFR. No prep. Team members have full knowledge of each other, but nothing about anyone on the opposite team when fight begins. Any characters that cant fly start on ground, 100 ft below their team.

#2 Posted by pooty (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton: Xman. Photon. ms. marvel. Thor. Rogue

#3 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry/Void, Blue Marvel, Dr.Strange, Dr. Doom, Black Bolt.

#4 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

That's kinda hard since most of Marvel's strongest live outside earth. I guess I'll go with Sentry, King Hyperion, Redstone, Apocalypse (lived on earth for some time), Thor, Dr. Strange, and Blue Marvel

#5 Posted by Night Thrasher (3679 posts) - - Show Bio
Fantastic Four #587
#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@WillPayton: Xman. Photon. ms. marvel. Thor. Rogue

This team could win?

#7 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin Richard Solos

#8 Posted by pooty (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: I'm thinking Photon can take out Dr. Fate before he can cast a spell. Ms. Marvel can absorb energy shots from Cap Atom until she becomes Binary. Thor can absorb whatever Hal puts out. Xmen can protect his team from MM telepathy. Photon can chill in light form, determine Superman weakness and blast him with red energy.

#9 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

@VictorGrey said:

Franklin Richard Solos

I think he falls into the cosmic-level category, so not allowed.

#10 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@VictorGrey said:

Franklin Richard Solos

... The OP says heroes that are usually on earth, Franklin is all the time on the Planet Earth...

#11 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maniac2312 said:

Sentry/Void, Blue Marvel, Dr.Strange, Dr. Doom, Black Bolt.

Sentry's normal state is non-Void, correct? In that case, Void isnt allowed.

#12 Edited by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton: I'm pretty sure Sentry could be enough then......he can always pull another power out of his arsenal.

wink wink

#13 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maniac2312 said:

@WillPayton: I'm pretty sure Sentry could be enough then......he can always pull another power out of his arsenal.

wink wink

>>Sentry/Void, Blue Marvel, Dr.Strange, Dr. Doom, Black Bolt.

Well, I'm not familiar with Blue Marvel's powers, but I think your team goes down quick. Black Bolt gets stomped right away, and Sentry dies to anyone on my team. I'm not sure how well Dr. Strange does against Dr Fate, but that's probably a good fight.

#14 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@WillPayton said:

@VictorGrey said:

Franklin Richard Solos

... The OP says heroes that are usually on earth, Franklin is all the time on the Planet Earth...

That part is true, but he's at the level of being able to defeat Galactus and Celestials, so he isnt allowed because he's basically at the cosmic entity level.

#15 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton: Not even Sentry's molecular control can save them?

#16 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

That part is true, but he's at the level of being able to defeat Galactus and Celestials, so he isnt allowed because he's basically at the cosmic entity level.

I see... I am sorry...

#17 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maniac2312 said:

@WillPayton: Not even Sentry's molecular control can save them?

Sentry is definitely a very powerful character, but lets face it he's mentally unstable and lost to WWH by standing there and letting Hulk punch him in the face over and over. Superman, GL, Cpt Atom, or MM would pound him to a bloody pulp. Or even better, MM can mind-rape him and make him attack his teammates.

#18 Posted by beatboks1 (7157 posts) - - Show Bio

photo. wont be taking Fate out. aside from magi he has superman level physical powers which includes physical invulnerability. Strange is a match fro Fate across the board. Sentry is t always mentally unstable and its. ot just stable for limited stories. Blue Marvel is Superman level. MY CHOICES. Silver Surfer ( had been trapped on earth for years), Juggernaught, Dr Strange. Dr Doom, Thor

#19 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry, Thor, Doctor Doom, Dr. Strange, X Man, <- I assume that normal forms for X Man and Strange wouldn't be their current weakend forms.

#20 Edited by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

photo. wont be taking Fate out. aside from magi he has superman level physical powers which includes physical invulnerability. Strange is a match fro Fate across the board. Sentry is t always mentally unstable and its. ot just stable for limited stories. Blue Marvel is Superman level. MY CHOICES. Silver Surfer ( had been trapped on earth for years), Juggernaught, Dr Strange. Dr Doom, Thor

Is Silver Surfer really considered an Earth-based character these days? I'll admit I havent kept up with him, but I always considered him space-based. Also curious, how does SS do against telepathic powers? I mean, could MM mind-rape him? How about against magic?

#21 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet witch wishes them away... Magneto , Sentry , Thor, Doom for tech and strategy

#22 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enosisik said:

Scarlet witch wishes them away... Magneto , Sentry , Thor, Doom for tech and strategy

I think the Scarlet Witch dies horribly within a microsecond of the battle starting, before she can even form a thought, when Superman rakes your team with heat vision. Probably Magneto too, unless his magnetic shield can stop heat vision. But even if it does, he probably gets mind-raped by MM, while the rest of my team destroys Sentry, Thor, and Doom. =)

#23 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@jeanroygrant: I'm thinking Photon can take out Dr. Fate before he can cast a spell. Ms. Marvel can absorb energy shots from Cap Atom until she becomes Binary. Thor can absorb whatever Hal puts out. Xmen can protect his team from MM telepathy. Photon can chill in light form, determine Superman weakness and blast him with red energy.

Actually if Thor doesnt Speedblitz he might be at a loss here specially against Hal Jordan. One series where we really saw Hal Jordan completely morals off was during Emerald Twilight (i am sure i mis-spelled that somewhere) and he looked like an absolute beast. In the said series he was killing every lantern sent to stop him, including sinestro and Kilowog (who got pulverised later) and mind you kilowog has beaten Superman in the past. I think if Thor doesnt use his powers to the fullets like seedblitz he might be in trouble here.

#24 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

I think the Scarlet Witch dies horribly within a microsecond of the battle starting, before she can even form a thought, when Superman rakes your team with heat vision. Probably Magneto too, unless his magnetic shield can stop heat vision. But even if it does, he probably gets mind-raped by MM, while the rest of my team destroys Sentry, Thor, and Doom. =)

I am with you here, i dont think Scarlet Witch does a lot given the fact that she's lot her reality altering powers. Magneto is a not factor too but if its Sentry with the Void he is going to be a massive boost. There is no prep so i dont think Doom can do much either. So its pretty much Thor and Void vs the DC Team, mind you they might still win.

#25 Posted by silverlord90 (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Bitch please xD to destroy the earth.. even Batman can do it with his bare hands. DC writers be trollin'

#26 Edited by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange, Vulcan, Photon, X-man, Blue Marvel.

And no I don't consider Silver Surfer Earth Based.

#27 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
Sentry (energy absorption and all-around jack-of-most-trades), Thor (strength and combat experience factor), Blue Marvel (energy manipulation and militaristic tactics), X-Man (telepathic protection), and Dr. Strange (counter-magics). Many if not all of these have been said, but I feel they're the best and are capable of defeating Team DC.
#28 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™ said:

Sentry (energy absorption and all-around jack-of-most-trades), Thor (strength and combat experience factor), Blue Marvel (energy manipulation and militaristic tactics), X-Man (telepathic protection), and Dr. Strange (counter-magics). Many if not all of these have been said, but I feel they're the best and are capable of defeating Team DC.

This seems to be a popular combination so far. I was definitely thinking of Dr. Strange when I put Fate in there.

I wonder if others knowledgeable in all these characters can weigh in on which team would win. I still think my team wins against the Marvel ones proposed, but I'm biased I guess. Seems to me that Fate can keep Strange busy, or outright beat him, while Supes takes down Thor, any of the others takes down Sentry. How does X-Man compare to MM? How does Blue Marvel compare to Cpt Atom or GL?

#29 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@WillPayton said:

I wonder if others knowledgeable in all these characters can weigh in on which team would win. I still think my team wins against the Marvel ones proposed, but I'm biased I guess. Seems to me that Fate can keep Strange busy, or outright beat him, while Supes takes down Thor, any of the others takes down Sentry. How does X-Man compare to MM? How does Blue Marvel compare to Cpt Atom or GL?
I'm sure Sentry could (constantly) absorb the energy that fuels Superman, while Thor breaks through Green Lantern's constructs, as Blue Marvel contends with Martian Manhunter, Doctor Strange countering everything Doctor Fate throws at him, and X-Man is the trump card, using his telepathy (albeit powerfully) to block any telepathic interference/feedback. Assuming this is how it'd go down, of course.
#30 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

This seems to be a popular combination so far. I was definitely thinking of Dr. Strange when I put Fate in there.

The way I see it u need at least one telepath and one spellcaster. Then U Pick some bricks and energy manipulators to round out the team.

#31 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@WillPayton said:

I'm sure Sentry could (constantly) absorb the energy that fuels Superman, while Thor breaks through Green Lantern's constructs, as Blue Marvel contends with Martian Manhunter, Doctor Strange countering everything Doctor Fate throws at him, and X-Man is the trump card, using his telepathy (albeit powerfully) to block any telepathic interference/feedback. Assuming this is how it'd go down, of course.

It depends on how they pair up for the initial fight. However, being smart about it MM would probably do a quick scan of all the opponents when the fight begins. He'd probably quickly find that Sentry is the weak link with an unstable mind, which he could use to mind-rape him or even convince him that his own team is the enemy. In this case, Sentry could be taken out of the fight very quickly, or even be turned into an asset for the DC team.

In fact MM has many options here. He can engage one opponent, then go invisible/intangible. While the person is trying to figure out where he went, he can go mind-rape another. He doesnt even have to do it long, just a split second would give whoever on the DC team is fighting that person a huge advantage. Then as soon as you take out one like that, the whole thing falls apart for the Marvel team.

#32 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio
New Avengers #15

They wouldn't even know what will hit them.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

#33 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

The team members know of each other, so of course they'd all kow how powerful AND unstable the Sentry could be. Given that I think they'd make it a priority for Nate to back him up with his own telepathy, against the possibility of other telepaths or smooth talkers like Osborn messing with him. Strange takes on Fate, I can't be sure how this'd play out as i'm not an expert on Fate and haven't been reading Strange for a while. Thor's a match for Superman and I could also see him breaking through Hal's constructs. And in terms of speed, i'm pretty sure Thor's the fastest one here. Thor and Sentry are both able to absorb all types of Energy and direct it back at the target from which it was emitted. That's for Captain Atom, Fate, and Hal mostly. Doom's one of the greatest sorcerers on the planet, as acknowledged by Strange himself and was even considered to be the new Sorcerer Supreme and then he's still backed by the various skills of his armor.

I didn't choose Surfer because I thought of him as a cosmic character, though he has been on and off earth throughout his career.

#34 Posted by beatboks1 (7157 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@beatboks1 said:

Is Silver Surfer really considered an Earth-based character these days? I'll admit I havent kept up with him, but I always considered him space-based. Also curious, how does SS do against telepathic powers? I mean, could MM mind-rape him? How about against magic?

Your post said characters who are usually on Earth. Since the Surfer and punishment for defying Galactus was stuck on Earth for years and many of his adventures still occur there that qualifies him as usual since over 70% of his appearances are all on Earth.

He would have no problem with MM's TP because his is just as strong, the power cosmic can easily play on the levels of Strange and Fate in the way he can energy and matter manipulate. Juggernaught could take anything your entire team combined could dish out and with infinite strength could reply with more, not to mention momentum stealing allowing him to match a Flash in the way of "speed steal".

#35 Posted by Saren (25617 posts) - - Show Bio
Solos.
Moderator Online
#36 Posted by pooty (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: I disagree with the Green Lantern vs Thor. Do you remember Thor in "Blood and Thunder" when he was NOT holding back? Even before he got the power gem he was destroying everybody. And i believe Mjolnir can absorb/tank any energy the ring can dish out. And Photon can duplicate GL energy if needed.

#37 Posted by grevous11 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Molecule man, dr. Strange, sentry, Thor, and invisible woman. Invisible woman makes a force field and turns them all invisible. Thor makes a storm blotting out the sun to weaken supes power a little. Molecule man uses his power to destroy green laterns ring (as he did with mjolnir and silver surfers board) After Thor makes the storm, he and sentry team up to down supes rather easily. Dr strange and dr. Fate go at it for a while, same with molecule man and captain atom. Since Thor and sentry are now freed up they help strange and MM leaving only Martian Manhunter, who will fall between all five of them.

#38 Posted by pooty (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: I know Wiki/comic vine bios are incomplete but where does it state Dr. Fate is physically on Superman level? When has he shown it?

#39 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

Your post said characters who are usually on Earth. Since the Surfer and punishment for defying Galactus was stuck on Earth for years and many of his adventures still occur there that qualifies him as usual since over 70% of his appearances are all on Earth.

He would have no problem with MM's TP because his is just as strong, the power cosmic can easily play on the levels of Strange and Fate in the way he can energy and matter manipulate. Juggernaught could take anything your entire team combined could dish out and with infinite strength could reply with more, not to mention momentum stealing allowing him to match a Flash in the way of "speed steal".

I am with beatboks on this, specially since the current ongoing Thor issue, Silver Surfer is on earth helping Loki find Thor.

@pooty said:

@Killemall: I disagree with the Green Lantern vs Thor. Do you remember Thor in "Blood and Thunder" when he was NOT holding back? Even before he got the power gem he was destroying everybody. And i believe Mjolnir can absorb/tank any energy the ring can dish out. And Photon can duplicate GL energy if needed.

Just a random question have you read the emerald knight saga? I have read Blood and Thunder and he was getting the better of Silver Surfer and BRB that much is true, however, we should also consider the fact that with warrior madness Thor's stats actually increases , as weird as it may sound. Furthermore, i have see no reason to believe why he could absorb everything GL can thor at them. Emotional spectrum isnt a kind of energy thor has ever come across. Besided i dont see Thor tanking hits that pulverised Kilowog or KOed superman in one shot (that wasnt Hal that was John but we know Hal can dish out similar powers). Hal with morals off is really impressive, havent seen that kind of stuffs from other GLs though.

#40 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

Juggernaught could take anything your entire team combined could dish out and with infinite strength could reply with more, not to mention momentum stealing allowing him to match a Flash in the way of "speed steal".

Also didnt see this part, what makes you think juggernaut can take everything the team has to throw at him? Come on man he had black eyes and was severally struggling against the King Hyperion who's weaker than Superman himself (assuming you are taking a normal incarnation of juggernaut and not trion, or 8th day juggernaut).

#41 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

KANG destroys all of them.

#42 Posted by beatboks1 (7157 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: When he was without the full helmet of Nabu (and made a half helmet) Dr Fate still possessed his physical powers. The original, along with Erik Straus and Hector were all altered by Nabu to be the perfect host. Part of that alteration included making them super strong, flight invulnerability.

As you can see when Fate doesn't have the helmet that gives him all his magic powers and allows nabu to possess him he can still lift and carry air craft, survive building collapsing on him and nuclear blast o his chest. I fail to see what Photon is going to do to take him out.

#43 Posted by pooty (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: No i didn't read Emerald Knight saga. If you want to fill me in thats cool. But THor was NOT in Warriors Madness during Blood and Thunder. So that was just Thor not holding back. Also when the Grandmaster stole Death power, Thor was able to contain a bomb that would take out 1/5 of the universe. Thor can't tank a full blast from Hal but Mjolnir can. IMO

#44 Edited by beatboks1 (7157 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@beatboks1 said:

Juggernaught could take anything your entire team combined could dish out and with infinite strength could reply with more, not to mention momentum stealing allowing him to match a Flash in the way of "speed steal".

Also didnt see this part, what makes you think juggernaut can take everything the team has to throw at him? Come on man he had black eyes and was severally struggling against the King Hyperion who's weaker than Superman himself (assuming you are taking a normal incarnation of juggernaut and not trion, or 8th day juggernaut).

In my opinion PIS. He heals almost immediately. He should easily be able to take anything that any single member can do to him and last indefinitely. It's not like against my team he's going to get double teamed as most will be quite busy on their own. After all Juggy (without trion or 8th day) has tanked Thor who has beaten Hyperion (I know and I hate ABC logic too)

#45 Posted by pooty (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: That nuclear blast did hurt him. He fell to his knees and could barely finish his sentence. So while he is durable he didn't appear invulnerable. Photon can mimic the same energy and many others. Also she wont just shoot nuclear energy she will become it for more power. And Photon being light speed means she can pass through him 1,000x in a second. According to that scan I don't think he can survive.

#46 Posted by termiteone4ever (7187 posts) - - Show Bio

This team cant take out all of marvel

#47 Posted by Saren (25617 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: In which issue did Thor contain that blast that would have destroyed 1/5th of the universe? I ask because I've seen a lot of people say he didn't contain the blast, but simply re-channeled it. I'd like to check it out for myself.

Moderator Online
#48 Posted by pooty (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: So the bomb was about to go off. Hawkeye and Thor were next to each other. Thor spins his hammer above his head until Thor and the bomb creating a vortex which encompasses him and the bomb. The bomb is so well contained that Hawkeye is not damaged at all. Thor and Mjolnir are no where to be seen. And later Thor is see with the newly dead. If he re channeled it i don't think he would be dead. Atleast my opinion

#49 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange

Sentry/Void

Onslaught

Vulcan

Binary

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#50 Posted by Saren (25617 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: I'll check it out.

Moderator Online